PDA

View Full Version : The simpsons- quick question

nobby
21-02-06, 20:22
Could someone give me the name of the episode with Tony Blair in?

I'm bored and Not seen that...
It was only shown on sky 1 and I only have sky 3...

So if someone could be nice and kind, I'll give them 10 K :)

Lodar
21-02-06, 20:41
The episode you are looking for is called The Regina Monologues. Hope this helps!

Mr Kot
21-02-06, 20:44
Spoken like a true anorak :p

Go on Nobby... ask him another....

Heavyporker
21-02-06, 21:32
I didn't know Simpson episodes had titles!

Skusty
21-02-06, 21:45
Me neither. :wtf:

Scaramanga
22-02-06, 00:00
Not the best Simpsons episode though. One of the older ones when they went to Dr Monroes family clinic and couldnt stop electrocuting eachother was simply genius.

sanityislost
22-02-06, 00:14
The best one is where they move and homer starts working for the evil james
bond villian sorta dude.......god i love that one

When you get home, theres gona be another floor on your house!

SiL ..:..

Scaramanga
22-02-06, 00:15
mmmmmmmmmm Tom Landry's hat

Gotterdammerung
22-02-06, 00:16
Yeah, the villians last name was Skorpio and was voiced by Albert Brooks, I don't remember the episodes name though

Scaramanga
22-02-06, 00:20
Hank Skorpio

Spermy
22-02-06, 00:21
:O oh my...

Lodar
22-02-06, 01:37
Yeah, the villians last name was Skorpio and was voiced by Albert Brooks, I don't remember the episodes name though

"You Only Move Twice" - if I'm not mistaken... ;)

sanityislost
22-02-06, 02:11
"You Only Move Twice" - if I'm not mistaken... ;)

hahaha dude, you own! i love that one :D

nobby
22-02-06, 18:34
Mr clever Lodar man... You seem wise...You think you could help me?

This is off topic of course but, for 10 months now, I've...lost my apetite.
It after I went to a Chinese all you can eat buffe, I ate plates of stuff, loads!
Then 4 weeks later I went again...I went onto the starter section and was full after...to my suprise.

After that incident, I've never felt hungry and can't really be bothered to eat...I feel thirsty like normal...but it's weird.
Of course I force myself to eat normal dinners because I know I must eat...But I ALWAYS feel full quickly and NEVER feel hungry...to this day it's not changed.

I've gone a day without food and not felt hungry the day after. Of course Now and again I eat chocolate-rarely only because I like the taste.

But does this make me annerexic or belimic or what?

Sorry for being so off topic...

Lodar
22-02-06, 18:51

It after I went to a Chinese all you can eat buffe, I ate plates of stuff, loads!
Then 4 weeks later I went again...I went onto the starter section and was full after...to my suprise.

After that incident, I've never felt hungry and can't really be bothered to eat...I feel thirsty like normal...but it's weird.
Of course I force myself to eat normal dinners because I know I must eat...But I ALWAYS feel full quickly and NEVER feel hungry...to this day it's not changed.

I've gone a day without food and not felt hungry the day after. Of course Now and again I eat chocolate-rarely only because I like the taste.

Lets see, I enjoy a challenge...

This could be caused by any number of things. As you're at an age where your body undergoes many changes, your metabolism could have changed drastically (I myself experienced this the other way round - I never had a big appetite till I turned about 16, then it became monstrous). This change in metabolism may or may not have been triggered by eating as much chinese food as you can - as far as I remember its the pituitary gland that controls your bodys appetite and metabolism.

In any case I wouldn't worry about it so long as you're eating when you should. Annorixia and/or buellemia (sp) are caused by a complex about ones own weight as opposed to an unexplained change in appetite.

DISCLAIMER: I can't verify any of the above to be fact with scientific evidence, merely just speculation.

/edit: Maybe we should open a "Dear Lodar" section of the forums. ;)

Spermy
22-02-06, 18:55
Awww. our little nobby is growing up!

cRazy-
22-02-06, 19:12
The only way Nobby will grow up is if someone slaps a fake moustache on his face.

nobby
22-02-06, 19:12
hmm ok...It's just that I'm worried...So is my mum

ps. I've had a thick moustasche since I was 12

cRazy-
22-02-06, 19:14
lol that PS made me laugh for some reason.

ok, ok

Dear Lodar,

Whats this strange hair growing on my balls?

Thanks,

crazy.

nobby
22-02-06, 19:15
... that's enough now

Spermy
22-02-06, 20:09
There is nothing I can say in this thread that would be in good taste as of this point.

Mr Kot
22-02-06, 20:15
I've never felt hungry and can't really be bothered to eat...I feel thirsty like normal...but it's weird.

I've gone a day without food and not felt hungry the day after. Of course Now and again I eat chocolate-rarely only because I like the taste.What you don't mention, Nobby, is how many snacks you eat which you don't class as a "meal". Are you constantly opening a packet of crisps here, sucking on a toffee there... and generally eating lots of little insignificant snacks which all add up? In addition to the occasional chocolate which you confess to eating, could this be the reason you are full at mealtimes?

Rob01m
22-02-06, 20:22

In my experience, if you eat hardly anything in the beginning of the day, it will set the pace for your metabolism for the rest of the day. Every time I eat a respectable breakfast, I feel the normal hunger throughout the day. The days in which I skip breakfast are the days in which I may feel I can go all day without eating.

So are you eating a nice breakfast?

Scaramanga
22-02-06, 20:30
There are many reasons why you may have lost your appetite, both psychological and physical. If it concerns you go and see your GP.

nobby
23-02-06, 01:15
What you don't mention, Nobby, is how many snacks you eat which you don't class as a "meal". Are you constantly opening a packet of crisps here, sucking on a toffee there... and generally eating lots of little insignificant snacks which all add up? In addition to the occasional chocolate which you confess to eating, could this be the reason you are full at mealtimes?

a mini dairy milk in my school break?

For breakfast, I have 2 Pain au chocolat with raspberries and black/blue berries.

lunch sometimes...I may have a sandwich at school.

Tea- normal sized dinner tbh.

When I've been homealone, I've survived on 1 tin of beans for the whole day and not even felt hungry in the slightest!

but I may see my doctor very soon...

I remember one day in the car...driving past a "USA chicken house" place and the lovely smell made me feel extremely hungry...Never had that feeling since.

That was 5 months ago.

sanityislost
23-02-06, 01:56
lol is it just me, or is this the weirdest [OT] ever?

RogerRamjet
23-02-06, 02:14
Dont worry nobby, your lack of appetite will help all the way through your teens.

Especially when youre at uni/going on 2 day benders.

nobby
23-02-06, 02:43
You'd personally say You would not like to be hungry for a whole year?

I want to enjoy my food...well WANT food !

I want to feel hungry... :(

I do enjoy some food, like a good chinese even though I do not feel the hunger!

Lodar
23-02-06, 05:23
Dont worry nobby, your lack of appetite will help all the way through your teens.

Especially when youre at uni/going on 2 day benders.

I'll second that! ;)

In all seriousness, if it worries you nobby, see a doctor about your appetite. If not, be thankful for the gift of youth and metabolism, because both are things you'll never have in later life. ;)

RentonDraines
23-02-06, 07:36
No disrespect to anyone involved in this conversationg, but nobby, you're asking a volunteer video game forum moderator for health advice. That alone tells me you desperately need some sort of real-life companionship. And it's this lack of [something] you should be worried about. There's nothing wrong with not having an appetite. One guess is that you spend so much time sitting where you are right now, that you don't burn the calories that you used to before you found the internet.

Go out and play like you used to.

You said yourself you eat every day, 3 meals. I work- WORK - for a living doing manual labor and some days i only eat 1 meal. Your body will tell you what you need. If you're not hungry, get more exercise. I promise you'll enjoy food again.

If you find you're losing weight, then see my point #1... it's not a physical issue.

Get better now, there's more important things in life to worry about.

Spermy
23-02-06, 12:19
I'll second that! ;)

In all seriousness, if it worries you nobby, see a doctor about your appetite. If not, be thankful for the gift of youth and metabolism, because both are things you'll never have in later life. ;)

Tell me aboiut it. I'm 21 and going grey!

>_<

RogerRamjet
23-02-06, 12:20
Tell me aboiut it. I'm 21 and going grey!

>_<

It could be worse, you could be bald :p

Pantho
23-02-06, 12:22
Ima guessing ur the RogerRamjet, that keeps connecting and disconencting to the vent, The name sounds quite F'd up in TTS ^^, Blood server ftw etc etc

Richard Slade
23-02-06, 13:40
You
People
Are
Nerds
YES YOU LODAR

nobby
23-02-06, 13:53
No disrespect to anyone involved in this conversationg, but nobby, you're asking a volunteer video game forum moderator for health advice. That alone tells me you desperately need some sort of real-life companionship. And it's this lack of [something] you should be worried about. There's nothing wrong with not having an appetite. One guess is that you spend so much time sitting where you are right now, that you don't burn the calories that you used to before you found the internet.
Go out and play like you used to.
You said yourself you eat every day, 3 meals. I work- WORK - for a living doing manual labor and some days i only eat 1 meal. Your body will tell you what you need. If you're not hungry, get more exercise. I promise you'll enjoy food again.
If you find you're losing weight, then see my point #1... it's not a physical issue.
Get better now, there's more important things in life to worry about.

Indeed you are correct, I never leave the house...Simply because I have no friends to see...and I can't drive.
Here in this Hamlet is nothing but fields.
I do work at the pub next door...But I do get under paid for the amount of hours I do :(
I don't think I'm loosing weight...because I'm still eating like I did before...
But I do get exercise!

I have a 62 '' projector in my "Games room" so wiring up the dance mat to it with DDR i'm sure gives me some exercise for 2 hours a day!

well...I hope...

And Lodar Sorry I did ask you...I only wanted advice. that's all...

Spermy
23-02-06, 14:04
Indeed you are correct, I never leave the house...Simply because I have no friends to see...and I can't drive.
Here in this Hamlet is nothing but fields.
I do work at the pub next door...But I do get under paid for the amount of hours I do :(
I don't think I'm loosing weight...because I'm still eating like I did before...
But I do get exercise!

I have a 62 '' projector in my "Games room" so wiring up the dance mat to it with DDR i'm sure gives me some exercise for 2 hours a day!

well...I hope...

And Lodar Sorry I did ask you...I only wanted advice. that's all...

Dancersise FTW!

Tis a shame about the hamlet situation too. Fiddle de dee so to speak. But it's a hamlet. In teh country - you could go walking/rockclimbing ( forget I said that, I don't want to be responsible for ny bodies found :p) Fishing! ( and if you say that isn't exercise, you can carry my gear around pal :p)

and if all else failis - wait for uni - if you keeo the eating habits like they are - you'll never have to worry about pasta or rice 24/7.

That and you'll be herded into halls, you can't move for the friends you make there. :p

Lodar
23-02-06, 15:20
Okay as this thread no longer has any releavance to the thread title anymore (plus the title has been answered), I'm closing it. Nobby, if you wish to, feel free to start a new thread about other issues (providing its within the rules of course ;) )

Thread closed.