PDA

View Full Version : Armor !!!

THE_TICK!!!!
21-02-06, 09:05
hey all :) i was sittin here thinkin.......rare armor !! droppable armor parts that could mix and match, For example... hull part of Pistol PE armor, the cool thing is there would be say six different hull parts for the same armor, that give different ressist's to the armor, and or plusses in skill catagories, so you could actually build armor to your own personal needs ? what do you think, suggestions and detractions, are welcome plz feel free to express your opinions. :)

jini
21-02-06, 09:39
Very nice idea, adding to creativity and freedom in someone's design setup, but in the end it has to follow some rules, so that it wont guide to overpowerness.

Dogface
21-02-06, 10:00
People would be able to spec some poison without gimping the other resists/health/athletics :eek:

suler
21-02-06, 10:34
I had an idea kind of similar before. I was thinking constructed armor should be able to move around the resists to a degree, so there would be a reason to cst armor.

Apocalypsox
21-02-06, 15:57
there is reason to const armor :D so i dont have to run my ass to TG canyon :lol:

anyways this would be cool for people that completely specced say...energy and Xray *cough* cause you could make it poison and fire/force armor and not be a total gimp ;)

Kazuya
21-02-06, 16:10
or... make woc1 for tank a uber armor as tanks really need some boost.
dont say a good tank is still good at pvp because i know but pe>tank nowdays
p.s. spy>tank too if the spy isnt noob

THE_TICK!!!!
21-02-06, 16:47
i was thinkin more along the lines of expanding the rarepool, and giving cst's a slight boost in the economy, Also being able to make some cool setups you would otherwise be unable to make, and making hunting fun again with excitement...also was thinkin on maybe ad a rare here and take one out there, without saying anything so there elusive. Would make hunting and ressing more exciting.

Safunte
21-02-06, 16:54
I do not support this. Basically my reasoning is, if you see a dex based PE, you immediately know its resistances are not specced for poison (this is just a trend that i've noticed) so you pull out poisonbeam/dev... when you see a monk, you assume they have bad pierce/force resist, so you use different weaponry for them. My point is, if everyone had evenly spread resists (which you would do if you could have specialized armorl ike that) then it wouldn't matter what damage type you used nor who you used it on, which would really just boil down to the weapons that do more base damage being the all time only pvp weapons. Boring.

THE_TICK!!!!
21-02-06, 16:58
its a valid point...can you think of a workaround ? and dont forget, the things it does doesn't necessarily need to be plusses to ressist, it can add weapon lore or maybe agil, or any thing, maybe even construct or research bonus.

Dribble Joy
21-02-06, 17:34
Allowing you to alter the armour values on armours is just to risky.

What I would like is slotted armour that you could use to lighten the piece, reduce cond loss and add total cond.

THE_TICK!!!!
21-02-06, 17:39
can you explain what you mean by "risky" drib.

Safunte
21-02-06, 17:59
he means that alot of the times when big changes are implemented, they're fucked up. and then fixed. you always lose a few people after the fuck up, and they dont all comeback after the fix.

Dribble Joy
21-02-06, 18:07
Most setups (PEs and Spies especially) are very finely balanced. Allowing people to alter their armour values on each piece by 1 point could result in some substantial changes.

Drake6k
21-02-06, 18:36
Rare armor parts (different from tech parts) added to *** mob loot.
(this means armor doesn't have to compete with weapons)

Different rare armor types, one fire, one xray, one high prc/force, one very high poison, exc.

Armor has slots 2-5 slots (100% chance to get 2 slots)
Mods work just like on weapons.
Mods give class requirments. (so you are forced to use mods for your class)

All sorts of interesting mods could be added.
Private Eye psi warrior mod: +20 psi, +30 apu, -100 ppu, PE only
Spy protector psi mod:+5 psi skill, -30 ath/agl, Spy only
Private Eye Strength mod: +2 str, -15 psi, PE only
Kami mods: designed from kami chips

Basic mods:
+50 fire resist (tank)
+40 fire resist (PE)
+energy resist
+energy/xray
+energy/fire
+poison
+pistol combat
+rifle combat
+melee combat
+heavy combat
exc...
you get the idea, please don't point out small flaws in my various random mod ideas. The point I'm trying to promote is a armor mod system with many posibilities

THE_TICK!!!!
22-02-06, 13:40
good idea's, also dont forget it would give the consters, and hunters something to strive for !!

Bugs Gunny
22-02-06, 14:20
Safunte, i can give you a few names of poisonspecced pa3 and pa4 pes.