PDA

View Full Version : feedback

RentonDraines
21-02-06, 07:53
Just a thought on getting the plot to the players

kk, i was thinking of my current epic, and I had a thought. These missions are scripted, right? What if you used official news reports as the backdrop for monthly quests. Some would have news item rewards (datacubes with clues to the next plot installment.

Simply script to existing NPC's - who can update people with news and give them quest items they'll need to complete next month's quest. Some plots could simply end with a prize (fitting in with the quest plot, like a Stolen Reveler or a Missing Implant etc... Prizes could be random, or at the gm's disgression.

Quest starting points could be advertised in the neocronicle and vor as new reports. I'm sure there'd be plenty of people to help with quest ideas, and patching a script file once a month can't be too much work =)

]edit[ Some quests could be faction-specific to start leading players into conflict, as the epics are now, but which betray future months' plots. This would also give players specific targets to pvp and defend their faction.