PDA

View Full Version : Random idea - Weapon mods/unique weapons

Dribble Joy
21-02-06, 05:18
Ok, this came to me quite suddenly, so it may be a bunch of arse.

Basically, another set of weapon mods.
These would directly affect the weapon stats that a weapon would have.

The two most obvious ones are:

+5% over all dmg per burst (not the 178% stat)
-5% over all freq.

-5% over all dmg per burst (not the 178% stat)
+5% over all freq.

And variations thereof.
No change to the overall dmg output, but you would be able to modify your weapon to your playstyle.
Would not change the skilling to reach the caps (the end result dmg/freqs simply being modified).

For example:
A player caps a weapon X, which he gets 500 dmg and 100 rpm on.
He installs the first mod, getting 525 dmg and 95 rpm on.
The actual skilling required to cap does not change.

braydagner
21-02-06, 05:58
/signed (by my tank ;) )

QuakCow
21-02-06, 07:01
i like that idea...it makes almost any weapon to suit a person playstyle...heh, id use it

Terayon
21-02-06, 07:16
5% is barely noticable though. Unless they are stackable or do more its pointless.

Demental
21-02-06, 07:35
Would help heavy tanks out a bit.. but still having that small of a clip .. meh

/signed

Apocalypsox
21-02-06, 08:50
/SIGNED

OMFG I R NERF MY SH SPEED FOR HELLZ LOADS OF DMG WOO

(that was a serious comment btw)

Pantho
21-02-06, 11:43
Suppose ,u have to make 1 a week

Riddle
21-02-06, 12:09
SO crit damage mod huh? :D

Tostino
21-02-06, 12:22
That is actualy a very good idea DJ. It would keep the balance no matter what changes they end up doing to the skill system, and would also add different variations to weapons for peoples play style. 5 stars.

Bugs Gunny
21-02-06, 12:38
5% is not much, hardly notcable so yeah, do it.

Dromidas
21-02-06, 12:59
+5% over all dmg per burst (not the 178% stat)
-5% over all freq.
oooooooooh baby, 5% of 1224 damage and -5% of 24 shots/min on my silent hunter will make anyone i look at down the scope cry like a baby.

Oh wait.. nevermind..

1285 at 23 shots/min is only 493 dps (damage per second)
1224 at 24 shots/min is 490 dps.

So pretty much a +5% -5% would be nearly worthless.. there are very few times where i'm having trouble aiming and don't get to take advantage of all 24/min...

Even on a 5slot weapon I can imagine you can find something better than that.. and silent hunter is probably the *best* use for it.. that I can think of at least.. aside from ppu psi modules where, on buffs and rez, damage doesn't matter and you can up the freq...

xray, force(energy), fire, lazer, flashlight? :P even if it was a fully capped weapon i'd rather have those things than the suggested mod..

Not saying it wouldn't be neat to have more options in the game, but I'd like it if the options were beneficial ones.
Simply things like:

Max Range +10%
Weapon Kick -15%
Max Damage +5%
Frequency +5%
Decay Chance -25%
Weight -50%
Ammo Clip Capacity +25%
Reload Time -0.5 seconds

Have only the decay and weight usable on psi modules and you'll be set.

None are particularily overpowering and 5 of them on a weapon won't make it insane.. cause you'd have to have the weapon ultimated to make it really strong and they're not exactly commonplace.

A nice thing too would be to have slotted power armors, where you can add +5 resist mods (can put in the same mod more than once)

Brammers
21-02-06, 14:25
Remind me to drink more coffee DJ. I thought you meant the constructed stats to begin with. :confused:

But I do like the idea. And the odd thing abouit this idea, is modding any weapon with those two mods slightly lowers the total damage done over a set time. Send this idea to Dirus!

/Signed and 5 stars

Dribble Joy
21-02-06, 17:37
5% is just a nominal value, you could have mods that do different amounts.

The only problem I see with it is that as people rarely are able to fully use the complete freq of a weapon, their actual freq they use will not diminish, but thier dmg will go up.
A bit acadmeic really though sincle the weapons are balanced assuming you can use the weapon's full performance.

naphead
21-02-06, 17:46
Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but does anyone know why they're only 3 mods TOTAL for melee weapons after all these years later?

LiL T
21-02-06, 17:52
/Signed

Safunte
21-02-06, 18:05
/signed if its tested on a test server and then acknnowledged as a good move by players.

Drake6k
21-02-06, 18:11
Awesome idea, would add a lot of creativity and self expression.
I want liberator that shoots even faster. I can't shoot fast enough..

Judge though, reloads less often and more punch per perfectly aimed shot would really help. (more damage, less speed)

Thinking about earp/termi now.. with stacks.. really interesting. I wonder what would be better. More stacks or more hits. I'm pretty sure the first hit does the most damage over time.

KK, please do this!!!

Dogface
21-02-06, 18:27
Like someone else said, this will make life a little easier on people who can't use certain guns the way they can others.. Therefore making them better PvPers - better PvPers = good. In my opinion..

Of course the % values could be changed quite dramatically which would be cool, possibly adding really really rare versions which actually boost the weapon a bit more..

PSI versions would not be cool