PDA

View Full Version : The real reason NC will never go anywhere.

Ios - Terra
18-02-06, 20:26
Because ALL Neocron content can be thoroughly explored in less than a month.

Good job.

I lol @ the fact that all *goodbye* threads get locked immediately, if I were in KK I would hauling ass like a mother fucker to improve my game that people initially liked but then realized PvP gets older than dirt after a while.

I also lol @ how people claim this a PvP game. Do you know how many PvP games online are free and are 10293818923712839 times more stable. I play this game because of the MMORPG aspect - Neocron would be a great place to RP, to bad there are no other RP'ers here just idiots who pay $$ a month for so-called PvP.

Don't even reply to this, I don't care what you have to say (players and developers alike) and this isn't a rant or flame - it's the bold truth, in fact lock this thread and pretend that Neocron is not in a current state of anarchy.

And here have some emoticons because I know you guys totally dig this nonsense...

:rolleyes: :p :angel: :eek: :wtf: :o O_o :D o_O :mad: :( :confused: :cool: :lol: ;) :) 8|

RogerRamjet
18-02-06, 20:29
This thread sucks balls.

Ios - Terra
18-02-06, 20:36
[ edited ]

cRazy-
18-02-06, 20:41
hahaha that picture made me lol pretty hard.

Nidhogg
18-02-06, 20:43
Don't even reply to this, I don't care what you have to say
Then you shouldn't have posted the thread in the first place - these are discussion forums.

N

Ios - Terra
18-02-06, 20:45
[ edited ]

Ios - Terra
18-02-06, 20:50
[ edited ]

eprodigy
18-02-06, 20:52
this is a pvp game, there may be other pvp games that are free and 10293818923712839 times more stable, but they aren't fun.

but yeah nc would be an awesome game for RP most people left just play for monk pvp. but as far as content, NC isn't about missions and quests it's about player created content, you can do what you like.

if these new patches fix major issues with pvp, i hope it could also have a positive impact on RP'ing.. (but i am pretending i don't recall KK's previous grand promises they always break)

Hell-demon
18-02-06, 20:54
If we just had a patch like NOW, even just a hot fix I'd be happy....

But alas we have to wait 5 months :eek:

Nidhogg
18-02-06, 20:57
If we just had a patch like NOW, even just a hot fix I'd be happy....

But alas we have to wait 5 months :eek:
No you don't. We never said that we'd stop patching until Evol 2.2 was released.

N

Hell-demon
18-02-06, 20:58
But can we still have a patch soon though!

People are leaving! :(

WOE IS MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ios - Terra
18-02-06, 21:06
This thread sucks balls.

This thread may suck hairy ball dufflebag, but I believe this is flaming and should be *edited* oh wait, only my replies gets edited because of my awesome die in a fire picture and my care-o-meter because they're way more scorching than, "This thread sucks balls."

Hell-demon
18-02-06, 21:12
I like Ios coz hes angry :D

Ios - Terra
18-02-06, 21:15
Back in the day if someone gave you bad business you could talk to them face to face, now because of the internet you can bring your business all over the globe and it makes it impossible for the consumers voice to really be heard.

BlackDove
18-02-06, 21:15
This thread may suck hairy ball dufflebag

Signed, notored, RSVP'ed and sent.

The votes are in.

The answer is yes.

Ios - Terra
18-02-06, 21:16
Signed, notored, RSVP'ed and sent.

The votes are in.

The answer is yes.

Good post, now go back into hiding from the truth.

cRazy-
18-02-06, 21:26
I hope its not long until Ios is banned, its obvious hes only here to be a moron/start shit.

Spoon
18-02-06, 21:33
bye?

this thread is a deja vu, right?

Hell-demon
Ios wants to be banned hence why he is starting shit. This happens at least twice a month when some douche bag decides to go on a spam rampage :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
I hope its not long until Ios is banned, its obvious hes only here to be a moron/start shit.

Yes, these are the characteristics of a subspecies of homo sapiens, named homo trollus minimus, or the Garden Variety Troll.

They're kind of unpopular, but they somehow keep breeding, so we're going to be stuck with them for a while, though. Just try not to feed them, and they should diminish somewhat.

However, if one comes up next to you, refrain from physical violence, that'll only cause problems. Use a spray bottle filled with vingear, orange juice, and the hottest sauce you can get your hands on (pure capsacin if you can get it) and spray liberally onto its eyes.

That should permanently deal with it.

Bugs Gunny
18-02-06, 21:38
I never thought i'd say this, but PATIENCE people.

I have faith in Dirus. If he screws up, i'm gonna kos him though :angel:

Spoon
18-02-06, 21:38
spam rampage :rolleyes:

Spampage?

*edit*

btw, I think IOS posted a similar thread a month or 2 ago....

Hell-demon
18-02-06, 21:44
LETS USE HIS FACE AS A PIN CUSHION!!!!!! :D :D :D

No?

Just me then....

drats

cRazy-
18-02-06, 21:46
Im down with the pincushion.

Hell-demon
18-02-06, 21:47
aaawwww hell ya bruva!

BlackDove
18-02-06, 22:27

The truth being that you're a moron?

Which truth are we talking about?

Hell-demon
18-02-06, 22:32
^zing!

Spermy
18-02-06, 22:50

Now - can you provide some evidence that he is in fact hiding from the truth?

What truth? O_o define the truth so I can go hide.

Bugs Gunny
18-02-06, 22:55
There is no truth, no right and wrong, just shades of grey as you try to paint your black and white rainbow of life.

Hell-demon
18-02-06, 22:56
woah Bugs thats deep man

deep

rob444
18-02-06, 23:15
This thread is turning into a flame fest :p.

Gotterdammerung
18-02-06, 23:19
Try to stay civil & please don't be weenies

Hell-demon
18-02-06, 23:20
Gotterdamarung is flaming now!

HE CALLED US WEENIES!

BlackDove
19-02-06, 00:09
Quick! Moon Him!

Spermy
19-02-06, 00:20
Quick! Moon Him!

())

Tbh :p

Apocalypsox
19-02-06, 02:51
There is no truth, no right and wrong, just shades of grey as you try to paint your black and white rainbow of life.

god damnit bugs i told you to stay away from the yellow pills :(

Dogface
19-02-06, 04:23
And here have some emoticons because I know you guys totally dig this nonsense...

Says the person with an emote for an avatar.

Apocalypsox
19-02-06, 06:12
Says the person with an emote for an avatar.
ROFL THATS A GOOD ONE :lol:

Whitestuff
19-02-06, 08:07
this is a pvp game
This is an MMORPG that has the option of participating in PvP. I haven't seriously participated in PvP in NC since NC1, like 20 patches back... And I have tons of fun RPing and trading and doing stuff that I have never done.

Mainly, I use my imagination and don't let KK provide all the content for me so I can just soak it up without thinking... TBH tho, you have to have a good imagination, cause content in this game doesn't exactly jump at you unless it is a random mob spawn while u r hacking a WB...

Kame
19-02-06, 08:18
This is an MMORPG that has the option of participating in PvP.
¨

I remember not too long ago when in this game you had to do an 'epic kill' on a runner from an enemy faction, thus forcing most players to take off the LE in order to complete the epic run and get the reward.

Seems that not too long ago the game forced you to participate in pvp, even if it was paying a player from other faction to get the epic kill.
EDIT/ Oh and i might add it forced you to take off the LE forever since the kill missions were linked to rank 45 mission (mostly) in the epic mission.

The game was so focused on pvp and that, and that only is what make me stick with the game trough various let-down and frustrating moments.
And trust me in 1 yr and a half ive seen lotsa weird shit.
Hell, apus even stealthed for one week... O_o

Anyways i hope the turn we will see for this game in 2.2 will please the pvp ppl in the game, as i strongly belive pvp is what keep the game alive for a lot of players.

Whitestuff
19-02-06, 08:38
First of all, the game used to make you kill another player for your epic kill, it doesn't anymore.

Second of all, drugging up to some of the kill mishes was easy. Remove LE, drug up, get mish, kill, LE in. All +3, +5, and rare drugs were available when the epics required a real player kill, and it was only 20k away in a sewer in Plaza 3.

Third of all, no where did KK force anyone to do an epic run, ever.

I still stand by the point that PvP is an option that you can choose as an aspect of gameplay and not the end all be all of the game. Like I said, I haven't seriously PvPed (as in, that's what I logged on to do) since NC1. Most of my fights are accidental run ins with enemies and the occasional run through the zoneline at the MB.

Kame
19-02-06, 08:50
I dont know about your play experience but, on my part on the vent server i am we are at least 20 regulars and then we have 10 - 15 more occasionals, and of all those ppl, theres practicaly none that doesnt take part in pvp.
As for their interest in it i cant speak for them but, the fact that they are willing to put time/effort into pvp sure tells a lot..
Now thats a least 20 ppl.
How many ppl do you know do like you and dont participate in pvp unless 'forced'.

But its still took more then 2 weeks of playing to average noob to understand that taking all drugs would raise ur rank and that then u could put the LE back in.
And the fact remains : the game pointed you toward pvp.
Like at the end of epic it would tell you to form a clan and stuff...

Strife
19-02-06, 08:57
The main reason? Because KK seriously have no clue how to run a game. You keep throwing lame content at us instead of fixing and making better what we have. I've been playing since the start of beta3 and it's the same after after like 4 years.

It's sad really, a lot of people loved this game as I have. Look at the player count, I've seen _TEXT GAMES_ with higher online counts, i've seen free player run servers for Ultima Online, Lineage all kinds of games with atleast 5x as many players at peak.

And after 4 years ago when i started playing there was a lot of synching problems, look at it today. I can't even play two minutes without synching. Honestly, what have you guys been doing?

Whitestuff
19-02-06, 09:07
I have no idea who you are and I don't really care. Does that answer your "against me" question?

Could it be that you hang with PvPers on Vent cause those are the kind of people you dig? Call me crazy, but it just might be. Hell, when I hung out on a vent server with guys from NC1, we were all about the PvP too. Maybe that's why we were on vent... so we could talk to each other and coordinate a plan of some sort... Nah, couldn't be it.

And I used to participate heavily in PvP. It gets old, and truth be told, I'm too old for the annoying e-penis battles that ensue after someone gets trounced. I liked it better when we had 4 hour OP fights and everyone agreed it was a good show. Now it's just "OMG NOOBS YOU BROUGHT PPU'S TO THE FIGHT OMG HAX" crap. The PvP in this game could easily be replaced with an hour on counter-strike. Except there, I wouldn't have to deal with character warping, lag, and bugs as much.

Not that there is anything much to be fighting over anymore. OP's generally get ninjaed back anyway and the new SL rules aren't geared towards random fights like they used to be. NF is fun from time to time, because there it is generally dueling 1 on 1. Other than that, PvP is pretty lame to me at this point. Last OP fight I happened across was Crazy- by himself at Gab fighting like 2 other people. I gave him moral support. :p

/EDIT: Also, with populations this low, it's a mute point to ask me if there are any people I know that do like me. Out of the 20 people that are online at any given time, I'd say 5 do like me and 15 PvP. In fact, all of my "recent activation" new friends do exactly like me. I even know a capped LE'd PE who does nothing but rare hunt and construct on his spy alt. And I farm MC5 with a droner who has his LE in so he can get Hawkings parts for his constructor and DS parts to sell. I also farm MC5 with a PPU who hasn't been in a real fight for well over a year because he and I really don't want to do it anymore.

Kame
19-02-06, 09:21
The point i remind you is not why we are on vent but rather how many.
How many ppl (that doesnt really pvp, and play on regular basis) do you hang around with ?

20 ??
EVERYDAYS ???

What type you think is the biggest part of the NC population the non pvp or the pvp one ?
Isnt vent numbers a really good example of what this game's community can be ?
Or really does most ppl play this thing like its some diablo-type-of-crap with magic where you collect rare items to make cute ?

No matter what point you come up with, the fact remains that theres prolly more ppl out there fighting for OPs on saturday afternoon/evening then there is standing in TH or plaza or doy.

Kame
19-02-06, 09:30
Let me estimate terra's population.

Clans - Number of active pvp players

FF - 20
Deat Row - 15
After Dark - 15
R2K - 10
TFC - 10
Pheonix - 5
DoY - 5
Fetish - 10
Immune - 5
H2K - 5

So this is a very, very rough estimate of some of the biggest Terra clans.
This represents 100 players.
Even tho some clans show up as much as 200 members it is in no way reprensentative since a lot of ppl have 2 accounts.

As far as how active most of these clan's fighter are online pretty much everyday at the same time.
Others are week end only.

Now how big is the non pvp community really ?
Is there 100 dedicaded and frequently playing non pvp players ?
More ?
I doubt it.
Those ppl play stuff like, WoW, simply because it has no bugs.

EDIT/
And dont get me wrong, theres a lot of smaller clans out there that i forgot and that are into pvp and i also see them very often.
I did not take them in consideration in the estimate because i dont have any exact info on them, and i know that what i put as example was more then enough to make my point.

unreal
19-02-06, 09:54
TFC - 10

As far as how active most of these clan's fighter are online pretty much everyday at the same time.
Others are week end only.That's not too accurate of TFC since November last year or earlier. :) It's not too often we have more than 5 people on actually wanting to PvP. When we do have more than that on, they're usually fucking about levelling or something, that's the reason TFC aren't too active in the OP fighting scene anymore.

Drake6k
19-02-06, 10:12
Neocron isn't a pvp game.. anymore.

I'll tell you why.

Everyone quit. Everyone I ever pvped with has quit. A few login to Neofrag. which sure doesn't add the community at all. I don't do anything anymore either. Neocron was pvp, now its LEs, guards, SL rules, and low population. All the pvpers left. Thats why no one is here anymore.. There are no patches or updates at all.. NC may go somewhere, but right now its going into the ground.

Also this thread should have been closed, it was post in poor taste, attacks the community, the game, and the forum mods.

unreal
19-02-06, 10:21
The typical type of thread you'll find on the forum then... there's not much else to post about, because none of the problems ever get fixed. :rolleyes: There's way too many random "OT" threads these days.

Apocalypsox
19-02-06, 10:27
Kame lay off the beer god damn :lol:

Terayon
19-02-06, 12:05
Everyone quit. Everyone I ever pvped with has quit. A few login to Neofrag. which sure doesn't add the community at all. I don't do anything anymore either. Neocron was pvp, now its LEs, guards, SL rules, and low population. All the pvpers left. Thats why no one is here anymore.. There are no patches or updates at all.. NC may go somewhere, but right now its going into the ground.
There are some pvpers left, you just have to find them. I do agree that its not nearly as pvp as it used to be. Then again i cant blame the game. We could still have fun fights if everyone wasent so obsessed with "winning", if we can realy call it that anymore.

john irons
19-02-06, 13:49
ahh well neopolis will be finnished eventually and nc will be recreated in the way it should have been

BlackDove
19-02-06, 13:54

I'll tell you why.

Everyone quit.

Not exactly.

It's that nobody came. The game would be fine if it had an influx of players equal to the amount of the ones who quit. Fine, old quit, new come to take their place.

Problem is, there are no new people, or very VERY few of them. Most "lowbies" are rerolled characters on a 4 slot server. You can't build something out of nothing.

If the game is to not die, it needs to get people to join it. Kinda hard with WoW and all that other crap out there that's hogging attention.

Dogface
19-02-06, 16:43
I don't understand how people can't see that WoW sucks and NC doesn't :(

I guess it takes a certain type of player to stick with NC for a long time..

BlackDove
19-02-06, 17:08
Both NC and WoW offer the exact same thing, only WoW offers it in large quantities, therefore is able to hold a stranglehold.

The stuff you can do in NC to cap takes two days, all the additional items and money take say a week or two tops because of the horrible economy on the servers, WoC is useless, not implemented, and boring - epics and other runs, say a week more and that's it.

WoW offers massive massive distractions that bind your soul to the game and waste your time on to no end. The more time you waste on that game, the more the game holds a stranglehold on you, because after investing SO much time, to quit would mean to make all that time invested as a waste.

If you quit NC on the other hand, err, who cares? If you want to come back you can do it all over again in a month, and since accounts aren't deleted after three months, people can come back with full stuff strapped on them. After logging back in, three PvP matches and seeing no effective progress, or finishing the progress that was implemented while one was away, game can be dropped again and you're free to take up another game until you come back to NC.

The only things at this point that would help NC is balance. The game proves it can't parry other games with content, and the real value is therefore in PvP after you reach endgame.

That should really be made the focal point, and all work should go to that. After that... it's getting people into the game... and hoping what the game has to offer will make them stay.

giga191
19-02-06, 18:42
i hope they spend a decent amount of time on this balancing and bug fixing, it's the main reason why people leave NC.

Dribble Joy
19-02-06, 19:32
NC is a niche game, unlike WoW which appeals to a mass audience.
Even if there is more content and all the balance issues and bugs are fixed, it will never be as big as any of the other games.

THE_TICK!!!!
20-02-06, 09:23
And I farm MC5 with a droner who has his LE in so he can get Hawkings parts for his constructor and DS parts to sell. HEH ? o_O

suler
20-02-06, 09:59
I don't really think NC and WoW can even be considered in competition. Even though NC is a niche target audience, NOBODY knows about it. The small playerbase isn't due to the gametype whatsoever, it's not the fault of griefers, it's not because there's not enough rp, and it's not because pvp is the core of the game.

The answer is no advertising. Then there is the fact that the game hasn't really improved so it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of those who play it thus little or no word of mouth.

l8m0n
20-02-06, 11:24
^^ lol went into game the other day and asked for a copy of NC2 and the guy looked at me and asked if that was for the PS2..... :lol:

then he said wait a min ill ask my boss, and he thought it was for the game cube! :rolleyes:

Same story in 3 different game shops the only place i found it was in a game-exchange shop so somone paid for it, thought it was crap and took it back :lol:

This is were the problem is, dont blame the game, it cant sell it self with the bugs and lack on money being put into it :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
20-02-06, 11:57
This is were the problem is, dont blame the game, it cant sell it self with the bugs and lack on money being put into it :rolleyes:

The evo 2.1 release was a prime example of how you can ruin a perfectly good opportunity.

They won't get another believable 14 day trial chance for another 6 months.

The ballancing and bugfixing might save the game for another 6 months, but unless someone starts pumping massive money in it, it's going to die.
It allready is, the people left now are 95% old players too stuborn to give up.

Populations are now allready lower than pre evo 2.1........

l8m0n
20-02-06, 12:24
it sux really, good game bugs are part of NC, yeh its a pain even i get pissed off sometimes but its just the way it is, a few posters and web adverts dont cost alot and would pay for themselfs 3times over imo with the players they would bring in, evo 2.2 should have a massive advertising campaign, should send game shops posters for windows, should be putting adverts in gamespot, fileplanet etc. Not to be funnt but the NC advertising guy should do his job and sell the game or get sacked.

unreal
20-02-06, 12:29
Personally I can't accept "lack of money" as a valid reason there... Neocron still has lots of paying customers, it's just the development gets nowhere. They're too busy pissing about with things like the following:
Today Reakktor releases the free game Neocron Arcade: The N.M.E. Project. Neocron Arcade is a classic arcade shooter based on the world of the cyberpunk MMORPG Neocron 2 - violence, mutants, sex 'n' crime... and big guns! Blast your way through several chapters with different locations, collect power-ups and weapons and use the slow-motion feature to cut your way through waves of enemies. Test your arcade skills now, it's completely free!Here are the translations I have made from that quote, matching them up with colours:
Complete waste of time and resources that could be spent enhancing and fixing Neocron. Most people have either never bothered downloading it, or don't even know it exists.

Why not give out more free time and help get the population going again? If you're going to work on a crappy 2D arcade game which doesn't solve any of Neocrons current problems, why not let people with cancelled accounts play a bit longer again and help the population grow?

Bugs Gunny
20-02-06, 12:49
Because they hired new coders and they wanted to make them work together as a team on something before they actualy took on neocron maybe?

Demental
20-02-06, 13:35
So they're replacing the super monkeys they've had working for em since beta3? :D

Nidhogg
20-02-06, 13:36
Personally I can't accept "lack of money" as a valid reason there... Neocron still has lots of paying customers, it's just the development gets nowhere. They're too busy pissing about with things like the following:Here are the translations I have made from that quote, matching them up with colours:
Complete waste of time and resources that could be spent enhancing and fixing Neocron. Most people have either never bothered downloading it, or don't even know it exists.

Why not give out more free time and help get the population going again? If you're going to work on a crappy 2D arcade game which doesn't solve any of Neocrons current problems, why not let people with cancelled accounts play a bit longer again and help the population grow?
Yet again you choose to ignore reality in favour of a cheap insult. As a way of trialing two new coders they were set a task to design/code/test a simple arcarde game. Their work turned out to be such a cool little shooter that we decided to make it available, to everyone, as a freebie. What we don't do is take people off the street and then unleash them on production code, and neither does any other company. I don't know why I'm even writing this, unreal, because your comment is exactly what I've come to expect from you since the day you joined this community.

N

suler
20-02-06, 13:37
So they're replacing the super monkeys they've had working for em since beta3? :D

Genetic engineered super monkeys.

Demental
20-02-06, 13:39
Genetic engineered super monkeys.

That lived in a dark cave for a long time and developed psi magic, errm.. powers! Now we have the Monk/GenTank/Monkey hybrid we've all waited for :D

suler
20-02-06, 13:48
No reticle plz.

Ios - Terra
20-02-06, 18:28
Originally posted by EVERYBODY
Ios, please stop telling us how it is, I know that every bit of your post was right on with deadly accuracy, but I will never like you and respect how right you are because we've never hung out in Plaza 1 together and sexed each other in my rares apartment just to be silly. Also your penis is undoubtably large...

Sometimes the tr00f hurts, as I've said 12983798127398 times before this game has such potential it's just the guys collecting your credit card numbers every month never want to do anything with it.

The question you should ask yourself d3v'$ is, "I'm starting a MMORPGFPSBBQJERKOFFSESSION, will my team and I be able to deliver a quality product consistantly over a substantial number of years?"

If no, which it has been for a long time, take a hike and sell the game rights/technology, what's that? You've tried that? Oh, no one wants that shit? Too bad.

So far I've gotten about seven people to purchase this game, play it hardcore and they've all hated it - loved the atmosphere the background story the MMOFPS IDEA, but the bugs and lack of updates translates = As the developer of this game I don't give a fuck and send more money.

You can call it a flame or whatever your forum terminology refers to it as but you know I'm right and saying, "No you're wrong this game is awesome! I love KK, eat my shorts." Proves that your dementia is at the point of no return.

<3

-Ios

PepsiPlayer
20-02-06, 18:46
Simple answer to all the ranters out there. You dont like it, dont play it, simple.

Personally i play for the laugh and the mates i have made over the years and the fact that it is a bloody good game at the end of the day. Besides i can live with the little bugs and problems this game may or may not have, know why? Try being married, thats worse.

Ios - Terra
20-02-06, 18:48
Simple answer to all the ranters out there. You dont like it, dont play it, simple.

Personally i play for the laugh and the mates i have made over the years and the fact that it is a bloody good game at the end of the day. Besides i can live with the little bugs and problems this game may or may not have, know why? Try being married, thats worse.

Why can you live with mediocrity?

Foo
20-02-06, 18:49
[ edited ]

Ios - Terra
20-02-06, 19:29
[ edited ]

Brammers
20-02-06, 19:34
Because ALL Neocron content can be thoroughly explored in less than a month.

Don't even reply to this, I don't care what you have to say (players and developers alike) and this isn't a rant or flame - it's the bold truth, in fact lock this thread and pretend that Neocron is not in a current state of anarchy.

I'm suprised this thread is still open, and like it or not I'm going to reply to this thread starter and say what I think.

All content in 1 month? So that means you have tried:-

1) Every class of character.
2) Every subclasses within each character class.
3) You have fired and used every single weapon.
4) Done every single epic.
5) Killed every single mob.
6) Got all the trophies.
7) Visited all the quest and leveling areas.
...etc

All within a month? I don't think any of the vets, who have been here for years could claim they done all that.

Nidhogg
20-02-06, 19:37
I'm suprised this thread is still open
Me too - I must have had a brain fart or something. Any more spamming/flaming/trolling and it's going to be closed.

N

Ios - Terra
20-02-06, 19:51
I'm suprised this thread is still open, and like it or not I'm going to reply to this thread starter and say what I think.

All content in 1 month? So that means you have tried:-

1) Every class of character.
2) Every subclasses within each character class.
3) You have fired and used every single weapon.
4) Done every single epic.
5) Killed every single mob.
6) Got all the trophies.
7) Visited all the quest and leveling areas.
...etc

All within a month? I don't think any of the vets, who have been here for years could claim they done all that.

Each epic can be completed in less than 3 hours solo, leveling to cap takes roughly one week for each class, subclass? wtf? If you mean leaving up secondary skills while you level your primary than yes I've done it many different ways trader/hacker/cons/res, you can tag every GR in about 2 days taking reasonable breaks from the game, trophies = gay, You make it sound like their are tons of weapons (and to lol even further most of them share the same mesh and particle effect) in the game and yes I have fired every weapon in the game.

I am really suprised you think that's enough content for a MMO, the correct answer is, "there can never be enough content, here have some more."

My expectations must be too high.

I'm not deliberatly trying to start trouble, I'm trying to say, "Hey guys this game isn't worth $$ monthly but it could be, why don't you put the fucking skinny on it and make it better."

You could at least put a team diary up telling us what the hell you're doing everyday.

Goddamn.

PepsiPlayer
20-02-06, 19:56
Well guys, i guess there is no point in arguing with him, obviosly has a few problems that we dont know about and seems to have a real gripe with KK in general.

Niddy any chance this could be closed, before this goes really mental and he says something that will get him banned, Ios that is.

Ios - Terra
20-02-06, 20:11
Well guys, i guess there is no point in arguing with him, obviosly has a few problems that we dont know about and seems to have a real gripe with KK in general.

Niddy any chance this could be closed, before this goes really mental and he says something that will get him banned, Ios that is.

Instead of taking a critical position and looking at the problems I'm stating that this game has, I've been called a troll, flamer, robosapien, sex machine, and mental.

Here's how I see it metaphorically...

You all live in this one house, it's falling apart, it smells, there are roaches, holes in the floor - envision a shitty house - and you all grew up there. But it's located on this AMAZING property, lush greenery, lots of land, plenty of room for expansion.

Here comes Ios, he moves into the house and the land for a while and experiences the house and what it has to offer, Ios gets sick of the dirty house but everyone around him is like, "You're a dipshit, this house isn't dirty, YOU'RE DIRTY, GET OUT NOOB!"

/metaphor

There ya go.

Brammers
20-02-06, 22:02
Each epic can be completed in less than 3 hours solo, leveling to cap takes roughly one week for each class, subclass? wtf? If you mean leaving up secondary skills while you level your primary than yes I've done it many different ways trader/hacker/cons/res, you can tag every GR in about 2 days taking reasonable breaks from the game, trophies = gay, You make it sound like their are tons of weapons (and to lol even further most of them share the same mesh and particle effect) in the game and yes I have fired every weapon in the game.

I am really suprised you think that's enough content for a MMO, the correct answer is, "there can never be enough content, here have some more."

My expectations must be too high.

I'm not deliberatly trying to start trouble, I'm trying to say, "Hey guys this game isn't worth $$ monthly but it could be, why don't you put the fucking skinny on it and make it better."

You could at least put a team diary up telling us what the hell you're doing everyday.

Goddamn.

Subclass - PE pistol, PE rifle, PE heavy combat etc. Spy - Hi-tec rifles, spy Droner.

That list was a short list, I didn't add running clans, PvP, driving vehicles and getting WoC disks, or MC5's. Then there is the Neocronicle, and the Voice of the Resistance and all out of game stuff, ranging from Hell-Demon's funny stories to the SXR resource website. I'll plug the THN Rares Database as well just for the hell of it.

Every MMORPG has new quests added, so does NC - have you done 3 the quests that got added when NC2.1 came out?

Granted more new stuff should come out, but I feel you just want to leave the game and annoy everyone in the process. I may be wrong, but thats how I feel about you.

l8m0n
20-02-06, 22:25
Nid i have a question, why is there such a lack of "Promotion" for NC, allways has, i went into game (a shop that sells games lol) again today and i asked him would for evo 2.2 would he put posters up, he said "cant see why not" and it wouldnt cost alot of money wnd would do wonders. But he did raise a good point, "most people who would buy the game know about it allready" i said yeh and just wanted to know where those players are :wtf:

evo 2.2 is going to be the same as 2.1 imo if you dont do something about it and invest a bit on money on adverts ;)

Spermy
20-02-06, 22:49
Nid i have a question, why is there such a lack of "Promotion" for NC, allways has, i went into game (a shop that sells games lol) again today and i asked him would for evo 2.2 would he put posters up, he said "cant see why not" and it wouldnt cost alot of money wnd would do wonders. But he did raise a good point, "most people who would buy the game know about it allready" i said yeh and just wanted to know where those players are :wtf:

evo 2.2 is going to be the same as 2.1 imo if you dont do something about it and invest a bit on money on adverts ;)

Tricky situation there... advertising as is will just result in a lot of bad press. I hate to say it guys but the game does have bald patches in hideous amounts. For a wave of people to come and try it as it is, it'd be suicide, at least half wouldn't stay, another half of them would probably be likely to advise thier friends against it.

I know it's easier said than done, but the game will not grow unless it is fixed, and I mean FIXED. Not just papered over and glossed. The only problem is that to fix it completely would involve a choice between two avenues.

1) Take the game down, rip it apart, salvage what you can and start over. With a newer engine as the basis. In theory, fine, in reality, Impossible. They have no income to keep them afloat during this rebuild, no subs, nothing.

2) Bit by bit, add and replace parts of the game. This however is a lengthy process and can only go so far, given the constraints.

Neither one is pretty. And either way boys and girls, it's going to be a long haul either way you look at it.

Now. Those whiners who seem adamant that KK are raking it in.

Lets see...

2 servers at 20% peak and one at 10% - thats 500 Players. We'll say for teh sake of my crap math, that it's 10 Euros a pop, give or take, for a month. Thats the BEST PRICE that KK gets.

500*10 =5000 Euros. 5000 Euros a month.

Thats a mere £3,424.24 (cheers XE.com)

Well, that would be my estimate, possibly scraping 4000 quid a month for those who just don't play often.

For a game netting this much a month, I don't think thier sponsors are going to be willing to pump too much money into this...

Although, like I said my maths is lame.

Bottom Line - things aren't always as easy as they seem. Yes the game needs finishing, but I sugest we cut KK some slack.

unreal
20-02-06, 22:55
Yet again you choose to ignore reality in favour of a cheap insult. As a way of trialing two new coders they were set a task to design/code/test a simple arcarde game. Their work turned out to be such a cool little shooter that we decided to make it available, to everyone, as a freebie. What we don't do is take people off the street and then unleash them on production code, and neither does any other company. I don't know why I'm even writing this, unreal, because your comment is exactly what I've come to expect from you since the day you joined this community.

NI'm sorry I don't live up to Reakktors standards. I've worked for a chemical producing company for about 3 years, and have written software for them throughout. I don't produce games like Reakktor, but the principle is still the same. Wasting time on something that's nothing to do with the finished product itself is useless and a waste of resources. In this case, those two new coders could have been set a task relating to fixing bugs, or other things, which could be checked over in much the same way. Surely they go through a testing phase BEFORE being hired, to show they're fit for the job? To me it's common sense, perhaps things are different over there.

I don't particularly like the way you like to note every one of my posts as an "insult" either Nidhogg, simply because it's talking about Reakktor in a way you don't like (ie, being one of the many people who continually see problems). I know I get "over heated" at times, but still nothing to be trying to continually give me official warnings over.

Instead of taking a critical position and looking at the problems I'm stating that this game has, I've been called a troll, flamer, robosapien, sex machine, and mental.

Here's how I see it metaphorically...

You all live in this one house, it's falling apart, it smells, there are roaches, holes in the floor - envision a shitty house - and you all grew up there. But it's located on this AMAZING property, lush greenery, lots of land, plenty of room for expansion.

Here comes Ios, he moves into the house and the land for a while and experiences the house and what it has to offer, Ios gets sick of the dirty house but everyone around him is like, "You're a dipshit, this house isn't dirty, YOU'RE DIRTY, GET OUT NOOB!"

/metaphor

There ya go.I guess I see things the way Ios - Terra does, and we'll both no doubt be banned for it.

Goddamn.[ edited ]

Hell-demon
20-02-06, 22:56
o rly?

rob444
20-02-06, 23:15
This thread -> /dev/null

Ios - Terra
20-02-06, 23:22
Granted more new stuff should come out, but I feel you just want to leave the game and annoy everyone in the process. I may be wrong, but thats how I feel about you.

Go back and read my metaphor post, I care about this game and it's a shame that the dev's and the die-hards do not.

Nidhogg
21-02-06, 00:11
I guess I see things the way Ios - Terra does, and we'll both no doubt be banned for it.
There's a world of difference between constructive criticism and just being insulting. You're welcome to be critical but please leave the bad attitude at the door.

I don't particularly like the way you like to note every one of my posts as an "insult" either Nidhogg, simply because it's talking about Reakktor in a way you don't like
If by "a way I don't like" you mean making shit up just be offensive, then I'm sorry you don't like that. You can have 3 days to get over it.

N

Pantho
21-02-06, 02:50
Random Q - o0o0o Is a 3 day forum ban, ingame as well/did he get banned

-Big Q - WOW nvr seen such a flaming thread stay open for so long, or seen IoS pissed, before , he was a kool guy in Templars and tbh he should just chill and join the new clan

Ios - Terra
21-02-06, 02:57
Random Q - o0o0o Is a 3 day forum ban, ingame as well/did he get banned

-Big Q - WOW nvr seen such a flaming thread stay open for so long, or seen IoS pissed, before , he was a kool guy in Templars and tbh he should just chill and join the new clan

I'm still awesome, just pissed that this game doesn't get what it deserves, played way to long and the payoff sucks - and me saying so in a aggressive manner makes the people who are happy with their mediocre game get doo doo in their diapers.

darkservent
21-02-06, 03:10
I'm still awesome, just pissed that this game doesn't get what it deserves, played way to long and the payoff sucks - and me saying so in a aggressive manner makes the people who are happy with their mediocre game get doo doo in their diapers.

ROFLCOPTER At this thread. Im damn surprised to to see it open. As for being pissed at severe lack of love this game gets well Ive been like that since pops have dropped severly and thats been since NC1 (near the end). I see it a waste of time and energy venting that anger out on the forums as there are much better things that can be accomplished in RL for the time you spend on the forums ere....at least thats what Ive found.

Kame
21-02-06, 03:54
As for being pissed at severe lack of love this game gets well Ive been like that since pops have dropped severly and thats been since NC1 (near the end).

So i play with a lot of NC 1 players.

KK made a one month rollback on some server in NC1.

ONE MONTH !!

Deleting everything everyone has done ingame for the last day is bad enough.
One month is the ultimate insult to paying customer.

Considering (time = money) one month of play is easily 40 hours of play.
Now taking that away from ppl is like stealing them.
Hell, they even paid for playing.

Now take that away from ppl(that amount of time) and ppl will walk away from you to never come back.(wich is what they did)

Then NC2 rolled around and everyone had to loose everything (if anyone consider 1 QB 'sometthing') they owned on they chars.

So 'at the end of the day', i think bad decisions from KK is what make this game so unpopular.
MMOs are very much time consuming and, wiping off what ppl spent hours doing for ANY REASON is a bad decision in my opinion.
NO MATTER THE REASON IT IS A BAD DECISION

I strongly feel that any company out there on the MMO market should be prepared to face any type of situation or data loss or anything, accounts-wise.
KK will never get those players back. Maybe in a certain % but its so ridiculously small that its hardly worth mentioning.

@ KK On the rollback topic.
For future references, KK, i think giving all ur griefed customer their money back for something as big as 1 month rollback wouldnt be too much, in fact, itd be just fair.
You guys should have issued ppl 1 month free playing time, since u had took everything they had done in that last month.
And it shouldve been given to them the very month after.
I dont know if the 14 day trial was a attemp at bringing those ppl back, but i think 1yr is quite of a long wait, and 2 weeks is well, half-assed.
Basic curtesy, in the business, are things that customer remembers.

EDIT/ lots of typos.

jini
21-02-06, 08:49
It's not allways KK's fault. This is a picture of yesterday's fight in tristar, against a clan that was "supposedly" against ff and it's rumoured monk zergs. What we all see here is actually part of the story because there are still some monks hidden in the right of the picture, but field of view was too small to catch them all in action :lol: Also I never knew how many of them were in the hackterm (certainly the known apu/ppu combo). All in all i counted some 12 monks, 7-8 of them maybe more, apus. The energy barrels were so thick, that you can cut thru them using a knife. also there was definitely the need of a tank shooting with a moon striker, just to make it certain... :lol:
I tried to blackmail clanleader, in order not to post this pic, but I fail misserably, because I was wrong ofcourse :lol:

Saying all that, yesterday's op wars were EXTREMELY cool, and all in clan enjoyed them, as I'm sure the enemy did as well. That ofcourse untill the monks came in to spoil everything

On a sidenote, please note that in all those fights we had guys, I was fighting without ANY ppu support (crossbow pe is by far the most fun char I have ever played in op wars)

Any comments kame?

sl33py
21-02-06, 10:35
I'm thinking about posting the evo 2.2 release story on digg.com (ONCE ITS DONE!!), let's see how much influx that will bring.

The thing NC needs most is exposure to geeks and if the comm here just all digg the story, it might get on the frontpage, and then ....

well, I hope KK's provider can pull it, I've seen lot's of sites go down due to the digg effect :)

btw I didn't read any posts, this is an idea in response to the thread title

Ryen
21-02-06, 16:59
The thing NC needs most is exposure to geeks and if the comm here just all digg the story, it might get on the frontpage, and then ....

Also bug fixes and balancing. Hopefully evolution 2.2 delivers on both of those.

Kame
21-02-06, 20:37
Comments :

Everyone in clan decided to make quick and clean, as we also had another well known DoY clan attacking us.

Scaramanga
21-02-06, 20:48
It's a business, kk have no desire to be out of pocket. They try to fix faults with the game and add new and exciting things to keep us interested. The only reason that most of us think that they are dragging their feet is that they are underfunded.

I'm pretty sure they'd all like to keep their jobs. And I'm pretty sure we want a Neocron that is fixed and bigger.

I disagree with the thread starters subject title. Neocron is/will go somewhere, just not really quickly.

Kame
21-02-06, 22:16
Oh and BTW jini its me standing on the right with the Orange swirly :P

giga191
21-02-06, 22:26
If by "a way I don't like" you mean making shit up just be offensive, then I'm sorry you don't like that. You can have 3 days to get over it.

N You should perma ban him for the sheer stupidity of arguing with a lead forum mod ^^

Nidhogg
21-02-06, 22:32
You should perma ban him for the sheer stupidity of arguing with a lead forum mod ^^
You can drop the sarcasm as well. In fact, let's just leave that as this thread's epitaph.

N