PDA

View Full Version : Poll: 1 Slot Server

RentonDraines
18-02-06, 10:00
For the life of me, I can't figure out what to do to start a poll anymore. Considering I haven't seen one in ages, I'm assuming I can't "officially" make one. So I guess /sign will have to do.

Would you like to see a 1 slot server?

1: Fuck yes, no xfers, everyone starts from scratch
2: Yeah, but i want to bring my stuff
3: I guess that'd be ok but can i bring my clan?
4: Hell no, i'd have to pay someone to make stuff!
5: what's a slot?

I was about to type my opinion on the subject but then i realized that I'd rather see yours.

Torq
18-02-06, 13:19
4 as I can't stand 1 Slot server. Reminds me of Mars :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blausiegel
18-02-06, 13:39
As Torq said... :angel:

BlackDove
18-02-06, 13:56

Fucking hardcore.

Drake6k
18-02-06, 14:00
New server? You know how neptune is sitting there EMPTY?

Fix neptune (remove LE and host several events). Or make it 1 slot, I don't care.

I'm from Pluto. I always wanted a new 1 slot server.

RogerRamjet
18-02-06, 14:06
There is a 1 slot server :wtf:

Tratos
18-02-06, 14:32
There is a 1 slot server :wtf:
Its German.

Although i think Neptune should be fixed if a suitable solution cant be brought about turning it into a standard rules (Like Terra) one slot international server
would be the best alternative if game population and demand allowed it.

Would balance things out a bit:
Mercury: 4 Slot German
Mars: 1 Slot German
Terra: 4 Slot International
Neptune (Cough, Pluto :p): 1 Slot International

Option 1 gets my vote aslong as the current population of Neptune got to move their characters from the server i.e. the characters are back-up then removed from the server to be placed on any of the other 3 (Sort of like the NC1 -> NC2 transfer)

RogerRamjet
18-02-06, 14:41
Its German.

This doesnt make a difference. You pay for the game, you can play wherever you like, regardless of the servers predominant language.

F3Speech
18-02-06, 14:44
Yeah Option 1 or 2 for me, fix all this hooha with people having an alt in every main OP holding faction :)

Tratos
18-02-06, 14:55
This doesnt make a difference. You pay for the game, you can play wherever you like, regardless of the servers predominant language.
Although that is true the support is only dealt with in German and the majority of the population is also german on top of that all the events (iirc) are ran in german. That was the same situation on Venus/Pandore when AD ran it, altough i played there happily for a fair few months it was still alot harder to get things done and it was a nice sight when i logged onto Terra in NC2 to find the channels brimming with english shit talk and babble instead of french :)

People would just feel more at home if the server was "International" i guess but i'd still prefer to see Neptune fixed even though i dont play there - im happy on Terra tbh :)

Hell-demon
18-02-06, 15:22
Pluto styly

Mr Kot
18-02-06, 15:27
Trouble is, you'd be screwed if you want ingame support and you can't speak the server language. Trading may be tricky too.

xyl_az
18-02-06, 15:37
Trouble is, you'd be screwed if you want ingame support and you can't speak the server language. Trading may be tricky too.

From my knowledge GM support on Mars can talk perfectly in english. Actually lots of german people can talk in english very well, if they want to.

and about the neptune
- remove LE, remove warzones, remove guards, SL rules based only on the location (procity-noncity-anticity), regardless if this is leveling cave, or normal zone or app or anything.

SorkZmok
18-02-06, 15:44
There shouldve been 2 servers only from the start.
1 slot international
4 slot international
Then both with german GMs and support.

That way the pops would be higher. Now its too late. :(

pabz
18-02-06, 15:50
1 slot international
4 slot international

/signed

Tratos
18-02-06, 15:55
1 slot international
4 slot international

/Agreed

I imagine that would have caused better server stability also if they used the current hardware for four servers for two. (although i've got no idea how it would work, only an asumption.)

Dogface
18-02-06, 16:44
I can see how a 1 slot server would be nice, but wouldn't there be hell of a lot less tradeskillers?

Hell-demon
18-02-06, 17:05
and a greater need for them.

It would be a challenge...accept it

I would

Safunte
18-02-06, 17:06
It means 5 slot weapons would be you know... hard to get, like they're supposed to.

/signed
Option 1

Foo
18-02-06, 17:12
I'd like a 1Slot international and a 4Slot international that would be great.

cRazy-
18-02-06, 17:17
Pluto was a 1 slot server in NC1 and it was perfectly fine

pluto ftw tbh.

Richard Slade
18-02-06, 17:28
I say fix the effing game so there's people enough to actual make another server a valid option, as it is now we have way to few on ONE server :wtf:

RentonDraines
18-02-06, 18:08
Pluto was a 1 slot server in NC1 and it was perfectly fine

pluto ftw tbh.

-and thats' what made me ask this question in the first place. :) Everyone I talk to misses pluto.

cRazy-
18-02-06, 18:18
I miss it because of the 1 slot server and the low and close community.

-=Jismo=-
18-02-06, 19:42
:) its hard to get a good rep on terra as the char recycle rate would be aLOT LESS + there would be no symp bitching :p , i would play on a 1slot int server

Safunte
19-02-06, 05:36
I say fix the effing game so there's people enough to actual make another server a valid option, as it is now we have way to few on ONE server :wtf:

You are ignorant.

People are talking even about narrowing down to 2 servers or just changing one of them to 1 slot.

Apocalypsox
19-02-06, 06:13
No. Hell no. Fuck me in the ass no.

i wouldnt be able to stand this. you would have to have a hybrid PvPer, Tech Hunter, Tradeskiller and all the fuck else you would need, or be stupid enough to run 2+ accounts. if you want a 1 slot server play on mars.

Spoon
19-02-06, 06:45
4: Hell no, i'd have to pay someone to make stuff!

rob444
19-02-06, 10:25
English 1 slot server would be nice, a bit pluto feeling to it, yarr..

Dromidas
19-02-06, 10:30
Nice idea, or at least it would be, if there were more people who played neocron...

One slot per account would make it virtually impossible to find tradeskillers..

Comie
19-02-06, 15:16
1 slot international
4 slot international

Amen!

but in other nes i'll take Option 1, i hate all this allied PKing on alts etc.

VIVA LA PLUTO!

DetectiveKimble
19-02-06, 16:29
2 or 1 if they upped the xp and rare drop rate for the first couple weeks.

I always preferred pluto over saturn because on pluto you actually needed to interact with other people. On saturn i could just take my rare hunter out and farm some parts, then pass them onto my researcher to ID and then pass them onto my constructor to build an uber rare to pass on to my PvP char.

zii
19-02-06, 17:13
Go to Neptune and play there. I don't mind losing a char slot over it because it has two slots right now.

IceStorm
19-02-06, 18:09
Heh. Might as well convert Neptune to one-slot. Not like anyone plays there - no one to complain when the accounts are deleted.

Plight
19-02-06, 19:30
No. Hell no. Fuck me in the ass no.

i wouldnt be able to stand this. you would have to have a hybrid PvPer, Tech Hunter, Tradeskiller and all the fuck else you would need, or be stupid enough to run 2+ accounts. if you want a 1 slot server play on mars.

Oh no, you would actually have to interact with people! :wtf:

Faid
19-02-06, 20:45
Option #1
Pluto FTW

You would actually know who you were fighting :angel:

Kazuya
20-02-06, 00:53
option 1 .

RentonDraines
20-02-06, 06:21
man, i had no idea how many people agreed with me.

Listen peeps, you don't need to worry about tradeskillers. On pluto, we had TL 240 constructors, and they had reputations. People took pride in that.

There's plenty of carebears that would be happy being tradeskillers. And your name is your mark on a 1 slot. No more "joe shmoe" "joe shmoe cstr" "joe shmoe PPU" b.s. You pick your class / job and you become the best you can.

BTW, Anyone know why I couldn't make a real poll?

cRazy-
20-02-06, 07:11
They disabled polls.

And I agree, pluto was ftw, there were tradeskillers like Agent black, DR quinn, thats all they ever were and they had repuations, now it sux :(

unreal
20-02-06, 07:51
Voted 4.

1 slot does sound nice in one way. That you have one name you need to stick to, one character to grow and make powerful. One character to make a reputation of, or if you're Steben, one name to be globally hated by...

With the current population I don't want to sit around for an entire day trying to get my hands on some item, that someone with more cash than me will end up buying because i'm too much of a newbie on the server to be able to get my hands on anything because the prices will end up being so high. People won't be giving up their 1 slot to make a tradeskiller for nothing... paying for a second account for a single character slot is stupid.

If anything I would rather see a 2 slot server, and never a 1 slot server. That way you can have your own tradeskiller, and own PvP character, but at least you won't be able to have 4 characters dotted around the alliances like lots of people do on Terra to make use of their advantages (like OP bonuses/FSM access and whatnot). Nothing really "wrong" with that, but some people do it for example to simply be able to enter a secured enemy underground and kill whichever tradeskillers happen to be inside.

Interesting though... the first ever tradeskiller would have to level up using rather shitty store weapons right? Not being able to easily get their hands on various faction blueprints/licenses when they would want to construct various items (like the Special Science CPU to aid in their tradeskills).

QuakCow
20-02-06, 08:10
i think i would enjoy having only one char, but now since i have 7 i dont think i could cut it down to 2...

Kame
20-02-06, 08:34
Well while were all sitting here making some posts about one slot server...

Why dont we just all go on the one slot server and make chars in a specific faction, make a clan and play there ?

There already is an established base of ppl out there.

Maybe we should use its potency, even if we dont speak german, ur client still is in english.

The germans from mercury made the move to terra.

Why wouldnt terra move to mars ?

eprodigy
20-02-06, 09:30
a one slot server would be awesome. part of the problem with NC now is that it's lost something when every person has a char for everything. money is meaningless, items are practically meaningless, reputation is meaningless.

it totally sucks away the atmosphere of a MMORPG vs a FPS

NC needs to move towards a more RP'ing atmosphere, which it can do and still remain 'hardcore'. i mean things like providing gameplay means that lead to people falling into gameplay character roles..

pluto rocked.

suler
20-02-06, 10:04
I'm with the fix neptune, and also make it 1 slot group.

IceStorm
20-02-06, 10:34
-and thats' what made me ask this question in the first place. Everyone I talk to misses pluto.Keep in mind that NC2 is not NC1 in the items department. Pluto was workable with 1 char per account because many (most) of its inhabitants had access to two or more accounts.

In NC2, that's not going to help. You'll need access to at least eight accounts to gain ready access to all the must-have items - TT, BT, BD, CA, CM, Crahn, TSU, and TG, and really, someone will have to go FA, PP, and NEXT for licenses and BPs. About the only "disposable" faction is DRE.

If NC2 went back to the way NC1 was, with items available to everyone regardless of faction, or all items available across a small subset of factions (say, three or four), then it would be doable. As it stands, you'll all spend more time whining for items than you will playing on a 1-slot server.

suler
20-02-06, 11:22
Keep in mind that NC2 is not NC1 in the items department. Pluto was workable with 1 char per account because many (most) of its inhabitants had access to two or more accounts.

In NC2, that's not going to help. You'll need access to at least eight accounts to gain ready access to all the must-have items - TT, BT, BD, CA, CM, Crahn, TSU, and TG, and really, someone will have to go FA, PP, and NEXT for licenses and BPs. About the only "disposable" faction is DRE.

If NC2 went back to the way NC1 was, with items available to everyone regardless of faction, or all items available across a small subset of factions (say, three or four), then it would be doable. As it stands, you'll all spend more time whining for items than you will playing on a 1-slot server.

I don't know if I agree, it's possible it might work out that way with nobody able to get items, however there is another way it could end up too. Since there would be a need for members of every faction, alot of people would probably pick a faction so they could be the main supplier of whatever the fsm stuff is.

You could have alot of smaller clans and each smaller clan would probably basically be that faction. I wouldn't mind that at all.

IceStorm
20-02-06, 11:26
You could have alot of smaller clans and each smaller clan would probably basically be that faction. I wouldn't mind that at all.You can hope, but experience tells me it won't happen. You're talking about having 12 people on at all times, one from each faction, who are ready and willing to trade faction-specific items with other players, including HN BPs, licenses, and items.

It doesn't happen now and Terra manages to have 70-90 non-peak. I don't see it happening on a one-slot server.

Player run stores, ones that operate when the owner is offline, would go a long way towards mitigating the item diversification problem. Unfortunately, they've been dropped as per Odin.

Brammers
20-02-06, 11:36
* Signs for a 1 slot server *

Although if Phoenix was to move to a 1 slot server, I doubt it would be selling vehicles. Too many barters needed. :/

suler
20-02-06, 11:36
I definetly agree there, player stores would be great. If we can't get that sometype of auction system would be fine too. Actually even the option to mail items would be good enough, with a less buggy mail system.

RentonDraines
20-02-06, 17:33
NC in-game forums were quite handy for this reason. If you were looking to buy or sell something you posted in the forums, and got in touch with the person when they were around. I did a brisk business in ressed parts, simply by keeping an updated list available.

I would rather people need to search for stuff than everyone have it. The way it is now, it's rediculous! I've been given free stuff worth millions, and every one of my chars has exactly the setup i want for him just at the point in his lvl'ing! I mean, could it be that we've all grown a little too spoiled?

There's nothing that says everyone MUST HAVE EVERYTHING they want.. part of the fun of the rare items was that they were RARE, and some of us actually got by without them.

Kierz
21-02-06, 04:38
/signed

IceStorm
21-02-06, 05:26
There's nothing that says everyone MUST HAVE EVERYTHING they want.. part of the fun of the rare items was that they were RARE, and some of us actually got by without them.Rares everyone trades. Rares everyone can get. Rares have never been an issue.

Level 3 CPUs, only BT, Crahn, and NEXT can get. Level 3/4 eyes, only TT can get. Exp Reflex 3/4 only CM can get. These aren't rares, these are must-have imps for either progression in-game or final setups, and this is just some of the imps - there are plenty of other items that fall into this category.

I have 12 characters with 90 FS, one for each faction. I typically only answer requests for faction-specific items after the second or third request and after a reasonable period of time elapses. Over the course of a normal night, I will sell several BT CPUs, TT eyes, and the occasional CM backbone via my alts and my main. This is at times when Terra has 70 to 90 people, where in theory there are people from each of these three factions on and at least some have enough FS to buy the items. And you think this will change on a one-slot server??

Experience tells me that a one-slot server will be a complete bitch to get items on unless the playerbase invests in multiple accounts. This lack of items is going to lead to a dearth of players. This isn't about finding a constructor, it's about getting midrange items that used to be available to all in NC.

Bishop Yutani
21-02-06, 16:28
/signed

Safunte
21-02-06, 16:48
Rares everyone trades. Rares everyone can get. Rares have never been an issue.

Level 3 CPUs, only BT, Crahn, and NEXT can get. Level 3/4 eyes, only TT can get. Exp Reflex 3/4 only CM can get. These aren't rares, these are must-have imps for either progression in-game or final setups, and this is just some of the imps - there are plenty of other items that fall into this category.

I have 12 characters with 90 FS, one for each faction. I typically only answer requests for faction-specific items after the second or third request and after a reasonable period of time elapses. Over the course of a normal night, I will sell several BT CPUs, TT eyes, and the occasional CM backbone via my alts and my main. This is at times when Terra has 70 to 90 people, where in theory there are people from each of these three factions on and at least some have enough FS to buy the items. And you think this will change on a one-slot server??

Experience tells me that a one-slot server will be a complete bitch to get items on unless the playerbase invests in multiple accounts. This lack of items is going to lead to a dearth of players. This isn't about finding a constructor, it's about getting midrange items that used to be available to all in NC.

I agree items will be harder to get. BUT THATS THE IDEA. If you're city admin it SHOULD be hard to be like.. hey bro, you got any sweet hookups in Crahn so I can get a new PA? No.. No... No. You should have to spend a reasonable amount of time searching for this kind of stuff. This also PROMOTES public tradeskilling, sure there are tons of tradeskillers but how many of them actually do public work? hardly any.
close-minded individuals annoy me.

l8m0n
21-02-06, 16:50
why not keep me busy for another month :lol:

Odin
21-02-06, 16:53
1 slot server = overrated. 70% of primary Pluto players had multiple accounts specifically for Pluto anyways. Quite a few had 5 or more.

Honestly should bring it back just for the increase in subscriptions if we were all about the money :p :angel:

Destino
21-02-06, 16:54
I like the idea of 1 slot server. Maybe 2 slot for "1 pvp, 1 tradeskill char"

The downside is for all those "1 man clan" that own 2 or more account and can do everithing by themselves. Rares? You have a spy/hacker for hunting. Licenses? You have 12 char, one for each faction and 100 symp. Same for FSM. Construct item? You can with your own capped cnster. Research? same. All by yourself. What's the fun? Where's the "economy" in a world like this? Right now, me and 3 mates can do everything, of course, with 16 char :eek:

With 1 or 2 slot tradeskillers will have a true value. You will find few of em (and i bet also few PPU... who play a PPU if he cannot play another kind of char?) and rare items could be RARE.

Safunte
21-02-06, 16:58
1 slot server = overrated. 70% of primary Pluto players had multiple accounts specifically for Pluto anyways. Quite a few had 5 or more.

Honestly should bring it back just for the increase in subscriptions if we were all about the money :p :angel:

Did you know that 95% of statistics are made up on the spot without any proof? Oh, that was too... So was your 70%. I admit I did have 2 accounts, but neither one was running at the same time as the other, and I knew a hell of alot more people who had only 1 account than 2-5.
Also, I'd like to point out the ammount of people with multiple accounts, its insane, and we have 4 slot servers... it isn't justifiable to pin multiple accounts on the basis of the amount of slots their main servers have.

IceStorm
21-02-06, 17:24
I agree items will be harder to get. BUT THATS THE IDEA.There's a difference between somewhat difficult to obtain (Terra now) and hard to get (1-slot with no player stores). Growing the game is a tad more important than reducing it to a small quantity of hardcore players.

But hey, if you want to shoot yourself in the foot, Neptune's right over there...
Did you know that 95% of statistics are made up on the spot without any proof? Did you know Odin works for KK and has access to the logs necessary to back up his claims?

I'm an ex-Plutonian. I had four accounts on Pluto. Rarely did I come across someone who didn't have access to two or more accounts.
Also, I'd like to point out the ammount of people with multiple accounts, its insane, and we have 4 slot servers...It's cheap. Each account is $110 USD/yr when paid for in six month intervals.
What's the fun? Where's the "economy" in a world like this?And even with that number of characters, I still see people asking for hours on trade for BT and TT FSM items, Rhinos, HN items, Licenses, HN BPs, etc...

Safunte
21-02-06, 17:32
There's a difference between difficult to obtain (Terra now) and hard to get (1-slot with no player stores). Growing the game is a tad more important than reducing it to a small quantity of hardcore players.

You're just looking for a place to randomly bitch and whine, this is obvious. But alas here is your place to complain about no player stores, and you say terra has items difficult to obtain... well no shit if everyone else is able to get everything on their own, why would they trade with you? your money? no they have tradeskillers to get that with. Items would be no harder to get than they are now except in the beginning stages when everyones leveling up and changing factions and doing epics.

Reducing it to a small quantity of hardcore players? People are asking for both 4 slot and 1 slot servers, this give you (and hopefully no one else like you) a nice little 4 slot haven for your ignorance, and it gives everyone else a 1 slot place where they can have fair pvp and a better gaming environment because reputation is more important than your skill level.

Did you know Odin works for KK and has access to the logs necessary to back up his claims?

I'm an ex-Plutonian. I had four accounts on Pluto. Rarely did I come across someone who didn't have access to two or more accounts.

You're an ex-Plutonian who needs to be shot. Odin does work for KK and yes he does have access to the logs, but did he look it up first? No. So shut up.

Rarely did you come across someone who didn't have access to two or more accounts BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE NICE BACK THEN, they had reputations and they let their friends use their accounts. Other than that there were a few people who had multiple accounts, but those were the people you'd see online 24/7 and people knew their alts.

And even with that number of characters, I still see people asking for hours on trade for BT and TT FSM items, Rhinos, HN items, Licenses, HN BPs, etc...

Read my first paragraph.

Comie
21-02-06, 17:33
you know why people want a 1 slot server?

cos then they KNOW who their enemies are, sure ppl may of have 4 accounts on pluto or whatever, i myself had 1 for along time.

If you want to seriously want to make things better on terra with its 4 slots make your account empire specific, and make it more lucrative to go to the smaller empire.

IceStorm
21-02-06, 17:51
You're just looking for a place to randomly bitch and whine, this is obvious.I'm here to laugh at the people who don't bother playing Neptune or Mars then turn around and ask for a one-slot server. Hey, forget Neptune for a moment - Mars is so underpopulated if oh so many wanted to play and speak english, they could.

But you don't...
But alas here is your place to complain about no player stores, and you say terra has items difficult to obtain... well no shit if everyone else is able to get everything on their own, why would they trade with you? your money? no they have tradeskillers to get that with.I'm not sure I agree that the bulk of the playerbase enjoys tradeskilling or does it to such an extent as to generate cash the "easy" way...
Reducing it to a small quantity of hardcore players? People are asking for both 4 slot and 1 slot servers,You're asking for something you already have and aren't using.
You're an ex-Plutonian who needs to be shot.I'm pretty sure KK doesn't see it that way, from a payment perspective.
Odin does work for KK and yes he does have access to the logs, but did he look it up first? No.Why would he have to look it up? That's the sort of thing I would expect someone at KK to know off the top of their heads.
Other than that there were a few people who had multiple accounts, but those were the people you'd see online 24/7 and people knew their alts.And why is it hard to keep track of people's alts on Neptune, again?
Read my first paragraph.Why? So I can read your delusional reasoning once again?

The facts are that there exist both a one-slot German server that is woefully underutilized, and a two-slot International that might as well be hosted by a 486 with the populations it sees. You aren't using what you already have access to. This gives very little credibility to the "we want a 1 slot server" vocal minority.

Safunte
21-02-06, 17:57
The facts are that there exist both a one-slot German server that is woefully underutilized, and a two-slot International that might as well be hosted by a 486 with the populations it sees. You aren't using what you already have access to. This gives very little credibility to the "we want a 1 slot server" vocal minority.

I have played and gotten near capped characters on neptune and mars, but saw no one in the process. Thats the problem, unless a drastic change is made, a few people might work their way in, get bored and leave. But if something large does happen, then everyone goes at teh same time and there you have it, the "we want a 1 slot server" vocal majority is happy and all making the move at the same time.

Dogface
21-02-06, 19:05
People won't play Neptune because they don't like the ruleset.

If Neptune had a slot removed (which it won't because of existing chars) and the ruleset made default like other servers, I'm not sure how many people would play if Terra still existed, BOTH servers would suffer from probably a 50/50 population loss. Of course you can't remove Terra, theres peoples characters still there.

Conclusion, this topic isn't worth arguing over.

Comie
21-02-06, 20:53
people wont go to Mars either, because its a german server... that also should be made an international server rather than have a specific country set, if that were to happen more players would probably head that way.

Why all the servers arent international in the first place is a little bit strange anyways.

Odin
21-02-06, 21:32
Did you know that 95% of statistics are made up on the spot without any proof? Oh, that was too... So was your 70%. I admit I did have 2 accounts, but neither one was running at the same time as the other, and I knew a hell of alot more people who had only 1 account than 2-5.
Also, I'd like to point out the ammount of people with multiple accounts, its insane, and we have 4 slot servers... it isn't justifiable to pin multiple accounts on the basis of the amount of slots their main servers have.

:rolleyes: I only spent roughly 60-100 hours a week working helpdesk/account during the entire lifespan of NC1 working primarily with everyone's account billing and statistics. However, lets all hail your 'admission' of having 2 yourself and your entire scientific approach of "people I know" as we all know how honest you all are with each other. Reminds me of the people who used to claim to know the total subscription numbers at the height based off the server login numbers. Never did come within miles of the truth and every single guess was under.

-FN-
21-02-06, 22:17
/me votes for #1.

In passing coversation this week, the general consensus is that the shitty Terra atmosphere that pretty much puts me off from even logging into NC anymore is nearly what Saturn was in NC1. As if it's any wonder why I played Pluto :rolleyes:

I'd give up everything on Terra for a 1-Slot Server where *everyone* had to start from scratch.

xyl_az
21-02-06, 22:23
/me votes for #1.

In passing coversation this week, the general consensus is that the shitty Terra atmosphere that pretty much puts me off from even logging into NC anymore is nearly what Saturn was in NC1. As if it's any wonder why I played Pluto :rolleyes:

I'd give up everything on Terra for a 1-Slot Server where *everyone* had to start from scratch.

even on 1slot pvp-fixed (no LE, no safezones, no warzones, no safeslots) neptune?

RogerRamjet
22-02-06, 00:18
/signed Icestorms post.

-FN-
22-02-06, 00:32
even on 1slot pvp-fixed (no LE, no safezones, no warzones, no safeslots) neptune?
As long as the exp doesn't have that stupid "I think I'll cap in a week" multiplier, there's a good chance I would.

Safunte
22-02-06, 02:06
:rolleyes: I only spent roughly 60-100 hours a week working helpdesk/account during the entire lifespan of NC1 working primarily with everyone's account billing and statistics. However, lets all hail your 'admission' of having 2 yourself and your entire scientific approach of "people I know" as we all know how honest you all are with each other. Reminds me of the people who used to claim to know the total subscription numbers at the height based off the server login numbers. Never did come within miles of the truth and every single guess was under.

Your sarcasm is not appreciated. Also, I like your idea of hailing my scientific approach, it suits KKs mentality.
My point is, I could give a shit less if your "statistics" are true or not, the fact is, people have multiple accounts on 4 slot servers just as much as they do on a 1 slot server (do not point out that an account encompasses all of these, you know what I mean).
60-100 hours a week is a waste of time, but I bet you saw my saying that come from a mile away. However, I'm going to assume you didn't actually draw up percentages in those hours to prove your 70% here, although I guess I'd have to believe you if you said it was a rough estimate near to the truth.

Nidhogg
22-02-06, 02:21
I'll leave this one to Odin. Just bear in mind that he's nowhere near as tolerant of people with bad attitudes than I am. You replied to his perfectly valid comment with an insult (practically calling him a liar) so just you remember that when the door slams on your hurt locker.

N

/edit - you even proved his point by admitting that you had 2 accounts yourself. Whether you used them at the same time is not relevant.

Safunte
22-02-06, 02:40
I'll leave this one to Odin. Just bear in mind that he's nowhere near as tolerant of people with bad attitudes than I am. You replied to his perfectly valid comment with an insult (practically calling him a liar) so just you remember that when the door slams on your hurt locker.

N

/edit - you even proved his point by admitting that you had 2 accounts yourself. Whether you used them at the same time is not relevant.

I proved his 70%? No. I do realize how basically, from my past experiences, most people become extremely arrogant online. So i'll probably get banned, oh well, goes to show how good of a comeback that is.

Also, I do not believe my replies were insults. Just valid comments stated in a way that was offensive to you.

Goodbye forums.

IceStorm
22-02-06, 03:30
I'd give up everything on Terra for a 1-Slot Server where *everyone* had to start from scratch.Oh not this "wipe" argument again...

Mars is empty. If you and the other English players want to start over, you can. There are plenty of ways to deal with the German-only support requirement. I realize it still supports the LE, but at the very least it'll be like being on Pluto, only with the new item and SL/FS rules...

Vryce
22-02-06, 04:33
I like the idea of 1 slot server. Maybe 2 slot for "1 pvp, 1 tradeskill char"

Neptune's just sitting there, waiting for everybody. ;)

Ok, so change the rule-set back to "normal" EXP gain and fix the tech drop rate.

Oh, leave the accelerated synap recovery, tho. :p

Nidhogg
22-02-06, 11:39
I proved his 70%? No. I do realize how basically, from my past experiences, most people become extremely arrogant online. So i'll probably get banned, oh well, goes to show how good of a comeback that is.

Also, I do not believe my replies were insults. Just valid comments stated in a way that was offensive to you.

Goodbye forums.
The statistic wasn't particularly important but it was the only thing you could easily attack so that's what you did. The valid comment was that one slot servers do not mean that people only play one character there and that's the point that you proved.

N

Destino
22-02-06, 11:43
Neptune's just sitting there, waiting for everybody. ;)

Yes. Yesterday i thought "ehy, i will start a char in Neptune"... but.... oh... 0% population... that's too mutch even for me :D

Safunte
22-02-06, 20:48
The statistic wasn't particularly important but it was the only thing you could easily attack so that's what you did. The valid comment was that one slot servers do not mean that people only play one character there and that's the point that you proved.

N

He was trying to say that people would have multiple characters. This is true, but having 5 accounts on a 1 slot server is alot easier to keep track of then 5 accounts on a 4 slot server, perhaps I should convey my thoughts better in the future so that you wont consider banning me again. For a disagreement. Thats just rediculous, people disagree all the time on these forums but then when it involves your or Odin its just, "watch what you say or we ban".

Odin
22-02-06, 21:45
He was trying to say that people would have multiple characters. This is true, but having 5 accounts on a 1 slot server is alot easier to keep track of then 5 accounts on a 4 slot server, perhaps I should convey my thoughts better in the future so that you wont consider banning me again. For a disagreement. Thats just rediculous, people disagree all the time on these forums but then when it involves your or Odin its just, "watch what you say or we ban".

Actually it's quite easy to keep track of as we keep track of a 'lot' of stuff behind the scenes. I just won't be responding to you in the future on anything because quite frankly your attitude is quite poor.

Nidhogg
22-02-06, 23:09
Who said anything about banning? Maybe I should convey my thoughts better in future to stop people getting the wrong idea. People disagree with us all the time and don't get banned for it, but if you use our forum to abuse us then for sure you're going to lose that particular argument. I wouldn't come into your house and give you abuse now would I?

N

RogerRamjet
23-02-06, 00:22
Fear teh Mod tag-team :p

Scaramanga
23-02-06, 01:03
Fear teh Mod tag-team :p

If it was anything like WWE and they wore lycra; then yes Fear galore :angel:

/Edit on topic

I preffered the one slot server pluto. Only reason i can see why they closed it was due to lower player base (am I wrong Mr Mod?). I play on Mars server atm with a HC PE (can rep all my own stuff and use Epic weapons so not in great need of tradeskillers). Besides which, i have meat lots of people there who are only too willing to help out. If you long for a one slot server, try Mars.

Safunte
23-02-06, 03:07
/signed, moving to mars and waiting for it to become international

Dogface
23-02-06, 04:44
Keep waiting.

RentonDraines
23-02-06, 06:54
@ Niddy and Odin: Never wanted a flamefest, soz. But if there's one thing that this thread has shown, English players want a 1 slotter.

Before those of you who disagree speak up, go over the last pages. The vast majority of responses were for choice #1: new server, new chars, no xfers. That tells me that I wasn't too far off the mark.

As for the Mars / Neptune arguments. There's an old American saying that has to do with a dead horse and kicking. Neptune is dying. The whole concept was 2 years too late. Mars, well it's mars. Neocron's population is so much more than German. Yes, we can play there. Yes, we can speak to eachother there. But at the end of the day, it's a German server. And at the BEGINNING of the day when new players log in, they're not going there, unless they're german.

I have a proposal for KK: I know it's going to heat up a whole crapload of responses all over, but how about asking around in the community what they would think of an NC2 Pluto? (I hear the groans coming from the future, even as i type this!! Wow, i ddin't know I was psychic...) This isn't about money, and getting people to buy 3 accounts. Personally I never had more than one, and while I love having 4 chars instead of 1, i'd still prefer a 1 slot.

What would KK do if they found that the majority of respondants actually asked for Pluto to come back? Would you rethink your plans? What if the whole community decided we should all be on a single server? Would you give it thought? Honestly, besides nidhogg and odin, I have no idea what reakktor think. Can't imagine I'm the only one.

R

xyl_az
23-02-06, 10:30
@ Niddy and Odin: Never wanted a flamefest, soz. But if there's one thing that this thread has shown, English players want a 1 slotter.

Before those of you who disagree speak up, go over the last pages. The vast majority of responses were for choice #1: new server, new chars, no xfers. That tells me that I wasn't too far off the mark.

As for the Mars / Neptune arguments. There's an old American saying that has to do with a dead horse and kicking. Neptune is dying. The whole concept was 2 years too late. Mars, well it's mars. Neocron's population is so much more than German. Yes, we can play there. Yes, we can speak to eachother there. But at the end of the day, it's a German server. And at the BEGINNING of the day when new players log in, they're not going there, unless they're german.

I have a proposal for KK: I know it's going to heat up a whole crapload of responses all over, but how about asking around in the community what they would think of an NC2 Pluto? (I hear the groans coming from the future, even as i type this!! Wow, i ddin't know I was psychic...) This isn't about money, and getting people to buy 3 accounts. Personally I never had more than one, and while I love having 4 chars instead of 1, i'd still prefer a 1 slot.

What would KK do if they found that the majority of respondants actually asked for Pluto to come back? Would you rethink your plans? What if the whole community decided we should all be on a single server? Would you give it thought? Honestly, besides nidhogg and odin, I have no idea what reakktor think. Can't imagine I'm the only one.

R

neptune wasnt 2 years too late, neptune was made with a structural flaw, neptune was a pvp server with the ability to avoid pvp, it was hardcore server with no safeslot with the ability to avoid beltdrops. It was completely and utterly fucked right from the start.
Just wanted to add this.

@scaramanga - whats your name on Mars? I am HC PE there too and i need 6 psi to cap and it seems there is no fucking way of finding anyone to lvl with anywhere

Kame
23-02-06, 11:16
I think there should only be 3 servers.

Neptune is a failure and therefore should be deleted.

Both terra and mercury should be 4 slots, with fast SI/xp and high slots rates.

Mars should be wiped and the players should have choice to go either terra or mercury.

And there should be a one slot, slow xp/si/slots International Pluto.

Extremer
23-02-06, 12:10
GUYS! STOP FLAMING! Back to the Subject, hate seeing good posts like this get spoiled by guys taking it unseriously.

Definatly Nr. 1 Id love to see a server, where people will look out for the only charecter. Great idea in my opinion. :angel: