PDA

View Full Version : OT - Discrimination

Spermy
17-02-06, 12:31
http://www.pegi.info/pegi/img/ratL/iconDiscrimination.gif

This is the PEGI image for discrimination. I'm sorry - It's not that I fail to recognise the existence of disscrimintation, I just don't think this particular representation is very fair in this day and age.

Right, not to be an arse, but surely posting a stereotypical image isn't exactly kosher :wtf:

The PEGI system was developed and based on existing systems in Europe. In the drafting of the PEGI assessment form and the shaping of the system organisation, society representatives such as consumers, parents and religious groups have been largely involved.

PEGI has been designed to meet varying cultural standards and attitudes across the participating countries. Member States and is supported by the majority of relevant Member State Government Agencies and all interactive leisure software trade organisations in Europe.

Okay - so that many people have been involved and not one of them thought the Image above was a little say... harsh?

PC gone awry.

Argent
17-02-06, 13:36
In my opinion that's prefectly good&clear way to illustrate discrimination. Got a better proposition Mr. Sperm?

Spermy
17-02-06, 13:47
In my opinion that's prefectly good&clear way to illustrate discrimination. Got a better proposition Mr. Sperm?

Well actually, No. :p

I just think it's kinda innappropriate. But I wonder if you do? :p

I scratched my head and couldn't come up with a non-offensive discrimination icon.

But if these guides were contributed to, by the people who think certain things in games make killers, rapists, thieves etc... why should any of those icons ever be displayed on any games case, if they had thier way, games like that wouldn't be in circulation, surely...

Or am i reading too much into this?

O_o

I dunno. I did have a point... I swear! ^_^

unreal
17-02-06, 13:50
I think it's the fact it's a sort of racist black/white person logo to show discrimination... they could have picked a better way of showing discrimination using pictures, like two skinny people picking on a fat hairy obese person, just something less prevoking.

Spermy
17-02-06, 13:51
I think it's the fact it's a sort of racist black/white person logo to show discrimination... they could have picked a better way of showing discrimination using pictures, like two skinny people picking on a fat hairy obese person, just something less prevoking.

Fat hairy people make spermy cry.

:p

See what I mean - someones always offended... :lol:

unreal
17-02-06, 13:54
lol, if you were a cannibal in a desperate situation, you would be happy instead of crying. "I got me some pork chops!" :rolleyes:

See what I mean - someones always offended... :lol:I wasn't saying noone would be offending by it, I was pointing out the logo should be less racist. Discrimination isn't just based around the colour of someones skin.

Spermy
17-02-06, 14:15
[QUOTE=unreal]lol, if you were a cannibal in a desperate situation, you would be happy instead of crying. "I got me some pork chops!" :rolleyes:

They'd be all gristly. :p

I wasn't saying noone would be offending by it, I was pointing out the logo should be less racist. Discrimination isn't just based around the colour of someones skin.

/agree.

Skusty
17-02-06, 15:24
No mobgame can be without discrimination.

Scaramanga
17-02-06, 19:35
No mobgame can be without discrimination.

That is so profound i could just shit myself and not care.

Ios - Terra
18-02-06, 21:22
[ edited ]

Spermy
18-02-06, 22:41
[ edited ]

Spoon
19-02-06, 06:51
PC gone awry.

Yes....

Apparently, it's ok to discriminate against white people, as that image does...

IceStorm
19-02-06, 07:31
So this (http://www.pegi.info/pegi/index.do) is the European version of the ESRB?

I didn't think there was widespread color discrimination in Europe, just religious discrimination. Maybe it's just me, but when I think of European discriminatory practices, I think of the Holocaust, the Muslims riots, the Serbs vs the Croats, etc. I don't think of whitey oppressing the black man. Why not use something like a swastika rolling over a Star of David, or the Holy Church flattening Mohammed?

That icon to me looks like two tall guys stupidly standing in front of a crowd, waiting to get sprayed in the face with water/sweat/vomit while the rest of the crowd keeps a safe distance. :-)

Whitestuff
19-02-06, 08:01
My take on discrimination? Shotgun approach. If you are offended, I'm doing my job!

Ios - Terra
20-02-06, 19:32
I admire your complete lack of the following: Brain Penis Common sense Life.

This comming from the guy whose name is Spermy...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/enteriaagent/you_fail.jpg