PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help finishing up a Construction Guide

Bishop Yutani
17-02-06, 00:51
Heyaz i'm writing up a collection of knowledge from the forums and fansites about construction and there's quite a few gaps in my knowledge.

Can you peeps help me fill them in?

1 - i read somewhere that constructors could get their names printed on the items they construct if they were high-level enough. Can't find anything on this... was this old shit from NC1?

2 - Turrets require CST skill to place in an OP. I'm not in a clan, so I have no experience with this. What's the skill check? Is it a self-explanatory process?

3 - Where do slot enhancers drop? All 3 are drop-only, correct?

Thanks, all. I will be posting my doc soon.

a4nic8er
17-02-06, 01:20
None of the answers to those questions are at http://nc.synergyxr.net/guides/constructing/ .

1. For standard items, I think it depends on the TL of the item. I have built TL 3 to 20 items with 4 slots and no name, and TL 60 to 80 2-slotters that do have the name. The only guarantee seems to be 5-slotters. In my experience, with built rares it seems that any "perfect" builds that have 1 slot (or more) will have the name, while any "artifact" builds with 2 slots (or more) will have the name.

2. Don't know (I dont have a clanned CSTer either).

3. DoY tunnels. Generally, the deeeper you go the, higher enhancers you get (most mobs have to be hacked when killed). The mobs there also have the parts that are used to recycle the DoY eyes.

Bishop Yutani
17-02-06, 01:28
Thanks "fucker"

None of the answers to those questions are at http://nc.synergyxr.net/guides/constructing/ .

They will be :D

a4nic8er
17-02-06, 01:42
You are welcome. BTW I edited my first reply to clarify things, after logging in and checking all my cupboards.

unreal
17-02-06, 12:02
1 - i read somewhere that constructors could get their names printed on the items they construct if they were high-level enough. Can't find anything on this... was this old shit from NC1?

2 - Turrets require CST skill to place in an OP. I'm not in a clan, so I have no experience with this. What's the skill check? Is it a self-explanatory process?

3 - Where do slot enhancers drop? All 3 are drop-only, correct?
Pretty much what a4nic8er said, all depends on TL and slots.
The construct skill needed varies, the same way you need more PC to use different TL pistols. Turrets are placed immediately after right clicking on them and clicking on use if you have enough skill. You aren't allowed to place turrets on top of roofs, or outside the OPs and such, as it's against the guidelines. They can only be placed if you're in the clan that owns the OP.
Slot enhancers drop from the mobs in the DoY tunnels scattered around the Mid/North Eastern part of the map. Each version of the slot enhancer drops on its own respective level, which all have different difficulties, the third level containing a bugged completely overpowered DoY unit.

Poupée
17-02-06, 12:56
Slot enhancers drop from the mobs in the DoY tunnels scattered around the Mid/North Eastern part of the map. Each version of the slot enhancer drops on its own respective level, which all have different difficulties, the third level containing a bugged completely overpowered DoY unit.

- 0.9 slot enhancers drop in doy tunnels lvl 1
- 1.5 slot enhancers drop in doy tunnels lvl 2
- illegal slot enhancer drop in doy tunnels lvl 3
- 1.5 slot enhancers also drop in doy tunnels lvl 3 (they drop from assault mk2 unit : "bugged completely overpowered Doy unit")

You need to hack mobs to loot them, except superwarriors

Brammers
17-02-06, 14:49
Regarding the constructed by name - the constructor's name will stay on the weapon, so long as the constructor doesn't delete their character. Also transfered weapons from either Pandore or from NC1 loose the constructed by name.

Bishop Yutani
17-02-06, 18:46
Thank you all. I think that about covers it.