PDA

View Full Version : Twilight War un-cancelled.

|R@zor|
16-02-06, 18:08
According to RPG-Vault and the Twilight War main page they have found new funding from a company called general computers, and have restarted development.

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/688/688679p1.html

Spermy
16-02-06, 18:14
Score. Of sorts. I hope GC have limited input into it. or we'll all be servers brought to life, fighting other manufactures like dell and IBM.

Brammers
16-02-06, 18:17
That is excellent news!

Spermy
16-02-06, 18:19
It's one I've been watching for a while - I'm glad it's back.

Tratos
16-02-06, 18:41
Nice, glad to see SGP back on its feet.

cRazy-
16-02-06, 19:12
arrrggghhhh I have competition again!!!

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 19:14
Ooooh....

Nice to see it's back.
that means somebody thinks it's worth taking a financial risk for.

BlackDove
16-02-06, 21:06
Ah shit, more false hopes.

unreal
16-02-06, 21:12
Woohoo, I didn't jinx it after all. :rolleyes:

Spermy
16-02-06, 21:18
Woohoo, I didn't jinx it after all. :rolleyes:

<_<

ssshhh... Maybe you did... maybe they're fucking with us

>_>

*hides*

giga191
16-02-06, 21:26
shiiiittt KK get your act together quick!!!!!!!!!!

xyl_az
16-02-06, 21:27
Awesome, great news!

pabz
16-02-06, 21:27

/signed

creampie
16-02-06, 23:10

Goodbye neocron helllllllooooooooo twilight war. again lol

Apocalypsox
17-02-06, 00:14
HORRAY!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD AND THE DEVIL!!! AND HAIL REZA! not.

QuakCow
17-02-06, 00:56
SWEET JESUS!!

thats kickass news, the devs of tw seemed to be pretty awesome

Apocalypsox
17-02-06, 01:56
i love you quak <3 GIMMEH MY PANTS!!!!

ANYWAYS i hope that this will be released soon, hell if they beat 2.2 i might just quit NC to play TW :angel:

unreal
17-02-06, 02:03
I think a lot of people will. :)

6stringsamurai
17-02-06, 03:10
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
my dream of a true post-apoc mmorgfps back from the dead

suler
17-02-06, 04:50
Paper dragon is going to cry.

Whitestuff
17-02-06, 07:06
F*ing righteous!

LMAO!! Good one m8.

Apocalypsox
18-02-06, 07:01
Ok now lets talk about gameplay here, So as ive read this game wont be "Leveling" according to somewhat ive read, you will kill monsters for money, and therefore upgrade your equipment to kill bigger shit, this makes me rather happy, and rather sad in certain places. Later in the game some cunt can make a account and buy a bunch of cash on Ebay, therefore becoming LEET without working like the rest of us. although this iwll make it so we dont have to grind forever to use good equipment. Overall i like the no leveling idea. DISCUSS.

Heavyporker
18-02-06, 07:36
That's fine with me.

Someone wants to pay me RL cash to play all day? I AM DOWN WITH THAT!

But, yes, I can understand why it's not fair for someone to just swoop into the game and buy their way in right off the bat.

No leveling sounds decent, if it's done well. I mean, you know, leveling implies skills (relating to ability to use items).

If any one day old newbie can pick up the BFG mk-9000 and shoot a 3 year vet dead in one go, is that fair?

unreal
18-02-06, 08:03
There's nothing unfair about that. Buying neocron credits off someone doesn't make your characters cap or level up any faster, by the time you reach rare-level you would have earned yourself at least 1 or 2million in cash, which is more than enough to buy your gear (newbie levelling weapons, armour, spells, etc) as you level up, and still be able to buy a few rares for levelling.

Back when I used to be over generous with newbies (before the population turned sour) I used to give certain ones 500k a piece with various items they would be able to use, I suppose that is unfair too?

Apocalypsox
18-02-06, 09:53
No Unrael....we are talking about Twilight War...you dont have to level...in Neocron its plenty fair to buy creds, BUT ILLEGAL.

in Twilight War, you buy creds on ebay, you are leet as someone that could have been playing for 3 years.

nellus
18-02-06, 10:06
To me this sounds stupid not having to level. Leveling is there to allow you to gain an understanding of both the game controls and the game logistics oh and how to play the game.
If you take that away then whats the point in playing?

I can see the way a noob could buy himself all the weaponry and stuff he would need to match a 3 year vet but he wouldnt have the skill of that vet because he hasnt played the game.

Although the game does sound interesting im not going anywhere in neocron i live :D

Zeninja
18-02-06, 10:20
Leveling is there to allow you to gain an understanding of both the game controls and the game logistics oh and how to play the game.
Or most simply it's no more than an archaic concept inherited from MUDs where leveling made sense as long as no real pvp was involved ?

After a quick search on their website, TW doesn't define itself as MMORPG but "XORG" :

"What is an XORG?

MMORPGFPS? FPSMMORPG? Screw it, those are too hard to pronounce! It's a new game concept, so it deserves a new acronym! "XORG" stands for Extreme Online Roleplaying Game, a hybrid between MMORPGs and FPSs. An XORG has depth, persistence, expansiveness, adrenaline pumping action, graphics detail, and realism all at the same time :)
A famous philosopher (Hugo Boss ^^) once said : "don't try to imitate, innovate"

suler
18-02-06, 10:50
Different levels of equipment are alot like leveling just more abstract. From my understanding you also have to work your way up your faction to gain access to better gear from said faction.

PS. I support it.

jini
18-02-06, 11:35
if there is something i still enjoy on these forums that's you, and paper Dragon quarelling each other here rofl. ;) yet she hasn't replied still and this is strange

Bugs Gunny
18-02-06, 11:56
he must be signing up for the closed beta right now :D

Nidhogg
18-02-06, 15:06
in Neocron its plenty fair to buy creds, BUT ILLEGAL.
Who told you that? We don't prohibit the sale of anything on EBay, we just don't want you advertising on our forums.

N

Apocalypsox
18-02-06, 15:43
...wait...a while ago someone said on forum that you couldnt...LIEING BASTARD :lol:

Paper Dragon
18-02-06, 16:13
if there is something i still enjoy on these forums that's you, and paper Dragon quarelling each other here rofl. ;) yet she hasn't replied still and this is strange

I'm not petty enough to respond to call-outs.

I am, however, petty enough to let people get their hopes up all over again. ;)

Nixon
18-02-06, 16:28
That game's design seems unprofessional and narrow-minded just by looking at the in-game screenshots. Looks worse than NC on a better engine.

I probably won't even try it.. my 2c.

Apocalypsox
18-02-06, 16:42
Lol this made me happy, since i love all things related to vehicles.

"Yes. Vehicles and mounts will not take days of game play to obtain – they will be more readily available and will provide the usual means for traveling long distances. However, they can be destroyed or slain by enemy fire, and even stolen by thieves."

Tsukasa
18-02-06, 17:05
I really does not look that great to me either, I have seen much better source mods in my day!

Richard Slade
18-02-06, 17:27
Well, there you have it,
KK will go down the drain if they ain't got NC fixed at the release of TW...
HOpefully this'll make you people work a little harder... As is the only reason NC lives is because there just ain't no option (Sod off with the FoMK, it sucked more than my gf on a sunday afternoon...)
However it's coooomiiing...

Rabiator
18-02-06, 18:16
That game's design seems unprofessional and narrow-minded just by looking at the in-game screenshots. Looks worse than NC on a better engine.

I probably won't even try it.. my 2c.
Matter of taste. Actually, graphics are not what buggers me on NC:
The weak netcode and FPS implementation irritate me a lot more, and if it would be improved to, say, the programming quality of Counterstrike, I would be quite a happy camper in NC.
In the meantime, the Evolution graphics updates are nice but not what I'm really waiting for.

Nidhogg
18-02-06, 18:19
Well, there you have it,
KK will go down the drain if they ain't got NC fixed at the release of TW...
You'd think that people would have given up on that kind of talk by now. It's been said so many times and it's never been true. :rolleyes:

N

Infinite
18-02-06, 18:36
http://www.harderfaster.net/images/smiles/woot.gif

w00t

You'd think that people would have given up on that kind of talk by now. It's been said so many times and it's never been true. :rolleyes:

N

I don't know, the fun was sucked out when most people I knew (AYB/dark) left when WOW was released.

Uho
18-02-06, 18:47
Wow was fun until u were capped then u were liek uhm what now?
and subscribed back to neocron :P

tho i should sell my rogue.. capped level rogue with blue equipment :P

Nixon
18-02-06, 19:41
Sold a full epic ud rogue @ huuto.net when i quit wow..

That game's endgame is simply one huge timesink.. getting reputations to
diff factions, farming bwl 'till everyone has their uber shit, next in line
would've been farming ahn'qiraj but it would be the same thing. farming
pvp battlegrounds until you reach rank 14 and then go farm the instances..

Neocron endgame is more pvp-oriented and dying means at least something.

Problem with Neocron is that it's not polished.. i mean everything seems half-
done.. sprite graphics slapped here and there with edges coming over and
looking like *beep*, bugged areas ever since beta.. things that are 'hotfixed'
with bubble gum most probably because of the limitations of the engine.

Comparing nc to wow is like comparing sports car to an F/A-18 Hornet tho..
They compete in totally different classes and both have their goods/bads.

Apocalypsox
19-02-06, 11:48
when did this degenerate into WoW discussion...i played WoW for a month, about 4 months after it came out, and got a hunter to 13. thats how much i LOVE wow. what a waste of a month of my precious life. (HAH)

Neally
19-02-06, 12:02
The end of Neocron hmmm....

Or maybe it's another game you guys wait so much of and will be as shit as Wow or fomk!

6stringsamurai
19-02-06, 12:57
We will see when we can play it. untill then neocron ftw I like neocron its just kk has neutered it.

suler
19-02-06, 14:21
FOMK was the only game people really waited on and thought it would replace NC. Reasons being it sounded good, and was very similar to NC. However the game turned out to uh suck. If it actually was a good game it WOULD have hurt NC and pretty bad.

Games like WoW have hurt the population, and by alot. It's not even remotely similar. KK is relying on the hope that all other games in the genre will just suck worse then NC so they can continue to let NC suck, and some of the community is following suit.

Nidhogg
19-02-06, 14:32
FOMK was the only game people really waited on and thought it would replace NC.
Maybe in your time here. In mine it was just the latest in half a dozen other games that people swore would kill Neocron.

N

giga191
19-02-06, 18:35
Maybe in your time here. In mine it was just the latest in half a dozen other games that people swore would kill Neocron.

N nothing's killed NC, but we haven't exactly got the population that we started with. however it's more of a case of NC being too buggy than other games being worth playing.

Apocalypsox
19-02-06, 20:57
NC really isnt half as buggy as it used to be. (atleast for me) Netcode and clipping is still annoying but i dont FRE damn near anymore, i never 50/50 anymore, and i havnt teleported into someones apartment in a long time.

Tratos
19-02-06, 21:33

N
Yup - SWG being probably the most "threatening" :lol:

NC really isnt half as buggy as it used to be. (atleast for me) Netcode and clipping is still annoying but i dont FRE damn near anymore, i never 50/50 anymore, and i havnt teleported into someones apartment in a long time.
Same here, i only get sync bugs/dodgy logins/warping when the connection to the server goes tits up at my end only other times is when the server spazzes out hard yet alot of people seem to get them constantly and my FREs are down to less than one per playing session.

xyl_az
19-02-06, 21:45
just for counterweight:
for me nc2 was a total disaster stability wise: at least 2 times worse fps than in nc1, FRES at least 2 times often than in nc1, syncs bugs (y'a know, relog-sync-relog-0SL-relog-0cash-relog-no equipment etc)... omg at least 5 times as often as in nc1... inv bugs (basically every death), and probably some more i dont remember atm.

indeed throughout all my nc2 journey i've been only twice warped into someone else app, and in nc1 it was quite common... (though i fear its only because in nc1 pluto had 600-800 pop, and not 100-200 like now)

Tratos
19-02-06, 21:55
Ah thats one thing i still get the death inv bug pretty often but not every death.

giga191
19-02-06, 21:57
NC really isnt half as buggy as it used to be. (atleast for me) Netcode and clipping is still annoying but i dont FRE damn near anymore, i never 50/50 anymore, and i havnt teleported into someones apartment in a long time. maybe not, but i get loads of login bugs which annoys me a lot

Apocalypsox
19-02-06, 22:22
i guess it just depends on the people. some people dont get the bugs anymore virtually at all, and some people its 5x worse. i smell a poll soon to get some data.

Marx
20-02-06, 04:40

N

Neocron isn't dead, but it sure as hell is limping - when are we going to the hospital? I don't know how many more hits we can take.

IceStorm
20-02-06, 05:36
I must be the only person who has never had extreme client-side related issues (large numbers of FREs or login sync bugs). Any time I have a login issue I've been able to attribute it to either server-side problems (Server load/database or Level 3) or maintenance on my own DSL lines. And I'm in the metro NYC Area with a consistent 110-140 ping to the servers...

Demental
20-02-06, 05:46

N

I think the half dozen other games have left there mark on the NC population, but not killed it. As it is right now when I log in I hardly see anyone playing, and it feels like a ghost world at times. Everytime I log in just to check the server population and do a bit of trading it's less and less population every day. :rolleyes:

darkservent
21-02-06, 02:34
Neocron isn't dead, but it sure as hell is limping - when are we going to the hospital? I don't know how many more hits we can take.

Exactly the point to make. Ill probably make a picture of a man with severe wounds which would signify NCs Journey. Anyway Ive never counted on TW, Ill wait till beta and decide what its like. Right now I enjoy Auto Assault quite a bit but some of the game mechanics are typical of MMORPGs which netdevil have been TRYING to avoid. Other than that Auto Assault is pretty good game but not a game for everyone ere.

Have to say though Netdevil are a company that listen to the public and have took on ideas from the beta testers alot.

Foo
21-02-06, 02:46
i beta'd AA for a while , but found it very boreing. Just wasnt for me :/

darkservent
21-02-06, 02:48
i beta'd AA for a while , but found it very boreing. Just wasnt for me :/

Yea not many ppl will like it. but I kinda like the PVP and have to say the GFXs and various weather effects are amazing.... amazing enough to keep me in the game to see the twisters. Not a game I would buy though.

-FN-
28-02-06, 01:41
http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=3538

:( After reading that article, it sounds like the new company is basically picking up where SG left off. SG is barely involved, if at all. Some coders in Beijing are developing it now. They might bring SG employees back in a few years for expansions they say...

Why do I get the feeling TW is gonna suck now...

cRazy-
28-02-06, 01:48
With Twilight war becoming crap I my plans can progress further *shifty eyes*

capt-o
28-02-06, 02:08
So if I understand the wording correctly, the code itself is done and ready to be put into "final production".

Wonder what final production actually means in a customer context. :wtf:

suler
28-02-06, 02:23
I don't know, hopefully some of the team will get to be advisors and get decent input into the rest of the project. I don't know if an asian developer taking over is good or bad, the cons are obvious. However the plus is if asians get into fps type mmos we could see abunch of new games in the genre come out since they churn out mmos like nobody else.

Richard Slade
28-02-06, 20:09

N
It's not that there have ben many attempts to do anything in the like of NC on the other hand.
The very reason NC is still around is most likely not due to the game being better than all other in the same genre.
Rather the fact that it's just better than the other game in the genre..
I mean that sad excuse of a game that sounds just like it is *FOMK* is still in beta and... ya.. sucks.

Then again you gotta admit you were afraid back then.
Banning all FoMK talk on the forum and stuff :rolleyes:

Paper Dragon
28-02-06, 20:57
Then again you gotta admit you were afraid back then.
Banning all FoMK talk on the forum and stuff :rolleyes:

Actually, I think you'll find that was in response to FOMK banning NC talk on their forum. It wasn't pro-active. ;)

Ryen
01-03-06, 02:19
Actually, I think you'll find that was in response to FOMK banning NC talk on their forum. It wasn't pro-active. ;)

Around that time I actually remember a stickied "Neocron Refugees" thread.

Apocalypsox
01-03-06, 05:40

*cough MkVenner the traitor cough*

Gohei
01-03-06, 07:18
A few months ago there was a buzz like this about FoMK, and look what that game turned out to be :lol:.

suler
01-03-06, 11:10
A few months ago there was a buzz like this about FoMK, and look what that game turned out to be :lol:.

Nobody else has already made this point, thank you.

Paper Dragon
01-03-06, 14:44

Yes, negative sentiments from bitter old farts who were either banned from the game or on the verge of it.

:lol:

giga191
01-03-06, 14:53
Yes, negative sentiments from bitter old farts who were either banned from the game or on the verge of it.

:lol: i'd have you banned for some of the comments that you make too

Nidhogg
01-03-06, 14:56
Let's all just put those first stones down shall we?

N

Paper Dragon
01-03-06, 15:00
i'd have you banned for some of the comments that you make too

Ya, perish the thought someone can go for five minutes without wanting to scream about flaws people have been making threads about for nearly three years.

giga191
01-03-06, 15:24
I'm just wondering paper, do all people who PvP in NC go to hell, or just the really bad ones?

Paper Dragon
01-03-06, 15:27
I'm just wondering paper, do all people who PvP in NC go to hell, or just the really bad ones?

Just the people who whine and bitch about SL, despite knowingly and entering into conflict.

/patapats

If you have any proof of me being against PvP in general, I'd love to see you provide the post and context. Thanks.

giga191
01-03-06, 15:31
Just the people who whine and bitch about SL, despite knowingly and entering into conflict.

so if i was say, lvling off WBs in battle dome sector, and an ally came up to me and starting trying to kill me, am i supposed to die and lose my stuff or kill him and lose SL? :confused:

http://www.courthouseawarenessnews.com/Archives%20of%20campaign%20for%20county%20judge/Ostrich%20head%20in%20sand.jpg

Problem? what problem?

Paper Dragon
01-03-06, 15:33
Nice of you to ignore the part where I say it's those who whine and bitch about the loss of SL. ;)

"Harsh, dangerous world" extends to more than easy kills and lax security in the city zones.

giga191
01-03-06, 15:39
Nice of you to ignore the part where I say it's those who whine and bitch about the loss of SL. ;)

"Harsh, dangerous world" extends to more than easy kills and lax security in the city zones. If people didn't point stuff out to KK, the game would have died a long, long time ago, and even if it did survive til now, they would be spending the next 6 months updating graphics instead of working on the much needed bug fixes and balancing. In fact, i'd bet 5nc that they are changing the SL system right now because of the amount that people have complained

Since when does a harsh dangerous world have 5 policemen for every citizen?

Paper Dragon
01-03-06, 15:42
Since when does a harsh dangerous world have 5 policemen for every citizen?

An opressive regime is going to have a great deal of security in his inner zones.

We're not civilians, btw; we're Runners. ;)

My point is that people bitch, complain and wet themselves over something they inflict on themselves. Is the system perfect? No.

But just as people scream "PUT IN YOUR FUCKING LE CHIP N00B" when someone complains about being killed (The fact these same people then whine when that someone puts the chip in, notwithstanding), I feel I can point out the hypocrisy in complaining about losing SL from killing allies.

giga191
01-03-06, 15:52
An opressive regime is going to have a great deal of security in his inner zones.
. You mean KK? They must have done quite a good job being oppressive, they've whipped you into quite the fangirl

We're not civilians, btw; we're Runners. ;) We're players, trying to have some fun in an online game

My point is that people bitch, complain and wet themselves over something they inflict on themselves. Is the system perfect? No. So since KK never actually play the game, how are they gonna know it's flawed

But just as people scream "PUT IN YOUR FUCKING LE CHIP N00B" when someone complains about being killed (The fact these same people then whine when that someone puts the chip in, notwithstanding), I feel I can point out the hypocrisy in complaining about losing SL from killing allies
I find it hard to believe how there can be 200 people on at peak times, that only 4 or 5 of them aren't playing LEed nibs or are standing in TH. There NEVER used to be as high a percentage of LEed players that there are now, and it's not as if there's suddenly been a massive rise in PKers.

Paper Dragon
01-03-06, 15:56
You mean KK? They must have done quite a good job being oppressive, they've whipped you into quite the fangirl

We're players, trying to have some fun in an online game

Don't use "story" reasons if you're unable to defend them. ;)

So since KK never actually play the game, how are they gonna know it's flawed

Well, given the recent announcement they've made, I'm pretty sure they're tweaking things.

I find it hard to believe how there can be 200 people on at peak times, that only 4 or 5 of them aren't playing LEed nibs or are standing in TH. There NEVER used to be as high a percentage of LEed players that there are now, and it's not as if there's suddenly been a massive rise in PKers.

Heheh, I love this.

People continuously screamed at others to put their LE in, and now those LE chips are in....well.

/shrug

Hilarious. :lol:

giga191
01-03-06, 16:05
Don't use "story" reasons if you're unable to defend them. ;) Gameplay always comes above story though

Well, given the recent announcement they've made, I'm pretty sure they're tweaking things. In case you've forgotten, they only did that because they were "shocked" at the response to evo 2.2 i.e. because people were complaining about the state of the game, so now they are making it better.

Heheh, I love this.

People continuously screamed at others to put their LE in, and now those LE chips are in....well.

/shrug

Hilarious. :lol: You've obviously never had some ****** screaming at you in DM because you've just killed them. I don't think that I've ever complained about a 0/2 having there LE in, but I'm very curious as to why 95% of the NC population are playing LEed chars when they have had so long to lvl up chars.

Paper Dragon
01-03-06, 16:11
Gameplay always comes above story though

You were the first to use story reasons, sweety.

In case you've forgotten, they only did that because they were "shocked" at the response to evo 2.2 i.e. because people were complaining about the state of the game, so now they are making it better.

Did you see me denying that? No.

Do I maintain that complaining and people wetting themselves, after it's been confirmed those problems are being looked at, is pointless? Yes.

You've obviously never had some ****** screaming at you in DM because you've just killed them. I don't think that I've ever complained about a 0/2 having there LE in, but I'm very curious as to why 95% of the NC population are playing LEed chars when they have had so long to lvl up chars.

No, I've just seen the screaming on the forum; from both sides of the coin. ;)

Brammers
01-03-06, 16:13
You've obviously never had some ****** screaming at you in DM because you've just killed them. I don't think that I've ever complained about a 0/2 having there LE in, but I'm very curious as to why 95% of the NC population are playing LEed chars when they have had so long to lvl up chars.

80% of statistics are made up on the spot...

...Unless you are confusing Neptune with Terra.

giga191
01-03-06, 16:15

...Unless you are confusing Neptune with Terra. OK let me re-phrase the statement: 95% of players NOT in a safe zone are LEed ^^ (not pvping)

You were the first to use story reasons, sweety.

"Harsh, dangerous world" extends to more than easy kills and lax security in the city zones. easy there pinocchio

Brammers
01-03-06, 16:19
OK let me re-phrase the statement: 95% of players NOT in a safe zone are LEed ^^ (not pvping)

Worded any way, 95% is way too high. That would mean there is only about 10 people online on Terra without LE's.

50% would be pushing it, but 95%...no way.

Dogface
01-03-06, 16:20

...Unless you are confusing Neptune with Terra.

Thinking all players on Neptune are LEd was soo 3 months ago ! :)

[Edit]

Remove the LE from NC and take the same XP rewards from PvM and apply them to PvP !! :p

[Just incase someone thinks I'm making a serious statement, that's called a joke. Lame as it may be, it's still just a joke!]

giga191
01-03-06, 16:20
Worded any way, 95% is way too high. That would mean there is only about 10 people online on Terra without LE's.

50% would be pushing it, but 95%...no way. i'd struggle to find even 10 none LEed people outside of a safe zone

EDIT: altho, to be fair to you brammers, playing a tradeskiller standing in TH, you probably see more non LEs than i do

Brammers
01-03-06, 16:35
EDIT: altho, to be fair to you brammers, playing a tradeskiller standing in TH, you probably see more non LEs than i do

Most of the time I'm on my combat characters, I rarely do tradeskilling in TH, except selling vehicles. Granted, when I am in TH, on whatever character I do see a high ratio of non-LE's coming in for pokes.

The places I find fights are PP3, F12, MB, J01 and DoY Sector 3.

giga191
01-03-06, 16:40
The places I find fights are PP3, F12, MB, J01 and DoY Sector 3. Quite often tho, the only place where people are fighting is MB. And i speak from experience, from when i literally have gone thru all those zones to look for fights

Paper Dragon
01-03-06, 16:40
easy there pinocchio

Wrong again, baby face.

The most frequent excuse I see people using to defend the total removal of guards/making city "raids" easy/senseless ganking of anyone and everyone is "it's a harsh, dangerous world".

Funnily enough, when that very same reason is used against them they can't handle it.

Nidhogg
01-03-06, 16:48
Paper Dragon and giga191, take it to PMs if you're going to bicker at each other. Get this thread back on topic, please.

N

giga191
01-03-06, 16:53
Wrong again, baby face.

The most frequent excuse I see people using to defend the total removal of guards/making city "raids" easy/senseless ganking of anyone and everyone is "it's a harsh, dangerous world".

Funnily enough, when that very same reason is used against them they can't handle it. Well let me add another reason: People do not play this game to stand in TH doing nothing all day, or to walk around the neocron world to see nothing but LEed players. But maybe that's why we only have 200 players on at peak times on terra. Personally i won't be reactivating my 2 accounts until i see if KK can do something decent with these balancing/fixing patches, i doubt pabz who quit yesterday, or my brother who quit 5 days ago will do so either.

suler
01-03-06, 17:14
Well the thing is, most people would be happy if KK just made a list of things they plan on fixing in the future. Telling us they know about the bugs and plan to fix them would stop most of the threads from popping up, defending them being completely silent about most things is ridicules.

Yes there have been threads about certain problems a million times before, however KK just has to acknowledge them and say they will work on it or they won't work on it. I guess we have "balancing" to look forward to in 2.2 but most of the major issues still won't be addressed or even said if they ever will, all the average NC cynic wants is some kind of communication about where the game is going.

Apocalypsox
01-03-06, 17:18
P.S Guys, this is supposed to be about twilight war, not about our lack of players in NC. and for all of you saying "Zomg i wont reactivatez0rz my accountz until the player population gets biggerz0rz" If you cancel your account your just reducing the population. it will probly never get better without atleast a 200 player base.

Nidhogg
01-03-06, 19:16
Last chance. Next person to ignore my request and carry on this bitch fest won't be bitching for a few days.

N

cRazy-
01-03-06, 19:50
lol Nidd just layed down some stern but fair justice there tbh.

giga191
01-03-06, 19:50
P.S Guys, this is supposed to be about twilight war, not about our lack of players in NC. and for all of you saying "Zomg i wont reactivatez0rz my accountz until the player population gets biggerz0rz" If you cancel your account your just reducing the population. it will probly never get better without atleast a 200 player base. "Zomg i wont reactivatez0rz my accountz until the game gets fix0rz" would be more accurate. We wouldn't be at 200 if KK hadn't taken so long to finally pick up on the fact that the game is broken and the balance is shite. This game has potential, but the wait for it to be realised is ridiculously long and what's to say that after 3 years of patches, that this one will finally fix more stuff than it breaks. Ban me if you want, but that had to be said

Nidhogg
01-03-06, 20:36
You're gonna wish you bothered to read my warning before posting. Well, you can read it next week. Thread closed.

N