PDA

View Full Version : Payment Options...apologies in advance

Hodge
16-02-06, 15:20
First off I apologise for making yet another "how2payplz" thread but I'm getting more irritated the more I try to pay so I've turned to you folks for some help.

I have an existing NC2 account that I haven't played in...god knows how long (probably with some of my lowbie characters still on it) and after reading about click2plays seeming inability to do anything right hit the "convert account" option in my launcher which took me through the Pay By Cash options.
Now here we start to get the annoyance factors, half of these payment options I've never heard of before so I don't want to go clicking on them all and messing something up, I already accidently "confirmed" a Bank Transfer but according to the e-mail if I don't organise the transfer at my end nothing happens anyway (phew) and I'd rather not follow that route as it takes upto 4 days?!

Do any of the options PBC offer let me pay NOW with my credit card (I realise thats the whole point of this company is for people who don't have credit cards but one can hope) and if not are there any other payment methods that will allow me to pay now? I really want to play ASAP but don't relish the thought of trekking to my bank to organise payments and then waiting days.

This is the 21st century, I should be able to stick my credit card into my PC and pay for whatever I want by now ;P

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

unreal
16-02-06, 15:31
I've never used PayByCash and would actually rather be scammed by Click2Pay than to switch to them. If I get scammed by Click2Pay at some point at least in theory I should be able to get my money back and have proof of such actions and submit them to the authorities... sure would help in speeding up Reakktors "review" of the payment methods... like everything else, this "review" has either not started yet, or is taking extremely long.
This is the 21st century, I should be able to stick my credit card into my PC and pay for whatever I want by now ;PExactly, it doesn't take weeks and months and years to add new RELIABLE payment methods, like PayPal, which everyone is shouting for.

It looks like there's some sort of PayPal method you can use with your PayByCash account, not sure though, since I haven't signed up and seen the interface. I would rather go straight through PayPal itself than have an extra username with PayByCash holding most of my personal details and whatnot. It seems incredibly pointless.

Good luck with finding a solution.

Edit: If you use the PayPal option let me know how it goes. :)

Poupée
16-02-06, 16:56
Do any of the options PBC offer let me pay NOW with my credit card (I realise thats the whole point of this company is for people who don't have credit cards but one can hope) and if not are there any other payment methods that will allow me to pay now? I really want to play ASAP but don't relish the thought of trekking to my bank to organise payments and then waiting days.

This is the 21st century, I should be able to stick my credit card into my PC and pay for whatever I want by now ;P

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

I use Paynova, kind of wallet you put money in with your credit card. It works fine.

Bishop Yutani
16-02-06, 17:12
if KK adds paypal directly, they need to manage their own accounting of payments, hire accountants and recordkeepers, etc which is a whole lot more than just receiving money and reports from Click2Pay each month, which is probably how they do it now.

Agreed though, Click2Pay sux and PayByCash doesnt seem to have a direct way to use a credit card. Something needs to be done.

Hodge
16-02-06, 18:01
I use Paynova, kind of wallet you put money in with your credit card. It works fine.

This one was looking great untill I have to verify my account despite the fact that it clearly states I can transfer upto £20 a month on a non-verified account, and the charge is £19.93 :P

Gonna whip off a quick e-mail to Paynova customer support see if I can get them to stop being so anal.

unreal
16-02-06, 19:57
if KK adds paypal directly, they need to manage their own accounting of paymentsSo how do you think Reakktor currently manages their wages, and all the money from customers that gets transferred from Click2Pay/PayByCash to them?

Obviously they stash all the money in a large bucket made of gold/various other metals and divide it between themselves evenly without keeping records.

Click2Pay/PayByCash are just methods of payment, they're just "The Men" so to speak. You give them the cash, and they hand it to the recipient.

If they do have to hire the odd extra person... IF... then it's a small price they have to pay for being able to get more paying customers to help replenish the dying population.

Even a monkey can use a calculator, one monkey has even written a basic program. The "programming/development team" should be capable of using a calculator, perhaps they should be paid to do that instead, since they don't seem to be doing much else.

Nidhogg
16-02-06, 22:05
Be careful, unreal, I will only permit your insults to a point, and that point has been reached. Remember whose site you're posting on and have some manners.

N

unreal
16-02-06, 23:26
Hmm? What insult? I guess you're misinterpreting my post...

Hodge
18-02-06, 21:08
OK, picked up a boxed version from my local Gamestation for the princely sum of £3 and used the CD key on that to setup a new account on click2pay, once I get my paynova wallet verified I'll use that to reactivate my original account and give it to my flatmate to have a mess around with.

See all y'all in the city.

nellus
19-02-06, 10:00
Good to hear you got sorted hodge see you ingame soon :)