PDA

View Full Version : Why this game will never be REALLY successful.

Saito Hajime
16-02-06, 07:01
Don't get me wrong, I love the game itself. The only MMO i've ever retuned to after leaving. Not even EQ which was so groundbreaking can say that.

But this game will never really be popular. It will never really have decent server populations, or decent subscription fees coming in to pay the people who run this as much as they deserve.

Its not the graphics, even though dispite the recent changes in graphics its still pretty foul by comparison to ALOT of the MMo's out there. Its not the skill system or the "crafting" system. Or even the fact that the game has open pvp.

Its the pathetic excuse for a "playerbase" this game has. Dont get me wrong, there are alot of good folks playing this game, but even though they outnumber the worthless cockhole greifers they cant do as much to keep people playing as the ignorant asshat griefers do to drive people off.

and lets be very clear. I'm not talking about people who participate in op wars and the like. Thats not griefing. Its the retarded fools who pay no heed to faction, or simply live to take away from others enjoyment of the game that keep this game from having a decently sized playerbase.

Someone was crying in another thread about how the game is getting closer to carebearism. Guarenteed this guy has been around forever and is very powerful, wonder how upset he'd be if he were a brand new noob doing it all on his own again without fat guild hookups... besides that, you can see how successful the open pvp server is, theres constantly people trying to trade things on that server for things on Terra....

Just tonight some idiot greifer was hell bent on trying to kill me again and again outside of MB for no better reason than I was Neutral faction to him. He was raving about some shit about some guy i had no idea who he was talking about, and he was TYPING ALL IN CAPS IN WHISPERS TO ME about how all us city pieces of shit had to die and blah blah blah, and i'm like wow i've been CM all of five minutes (switched tonight) and this deranged asshole is litterally screaming at me for no discernable reason....of course he only got me once, as i didnt give him another chance, and that one time because he was so brave as to let me walk past and shoot me in the back... and who can blame him, he was only 20 combat ranks higher than me....

its a true shame, cause this game has some of the best concepts ever, it just will never really even get back to the level of player support that it even had in NC1... all because of sorry sods who can only get enjoyment out of pissin in other peoples cheerios.

Apocalypsox
16-02-06, 07:14
This is what i tell everyone Saito. and this is what i tell everyone that says this to me. "The playerbase will never improve if you do not keep your account running, will it?" -Warbot Titan X, Terra.

The greifers part is why i have decided to make a clan when i get back, specially designed to seek and destroy ally Pkers, and alts of antis created to kill pro citys when they return to our haven from a battle.

Spoon
16-02-06, 07:34
Leave your LE in....

It's a PvP game....

blah, blah, blah, etc etc etc......

But seriously,

Your in CM, your always going to get killed my a neutral!!!!.....

Anybody can kill you(except CM), and by the same token you can kill anyone you want(except in city sectors, dungeons etc.), without repercussions.....

Choose your faction wisely....

eprodigy
16-02-06, 08:06
the only reason to play is pvp.. not counting fights with monks involved as pvp, there aren't a lot of people around to "PVP" with. so if you dont have an LE and you leave your apartment people will go to lengths to get you...

Apocalypsox
16-02-06, 08:18
Personally i play to try to obtain atleast one of every ingame item... :D you dont have to PvP in NC

eprodigy
16-02-06, 08:25
Personally i play to try to obtain atleast one of every ingame item... :D you dont have to PvP in NC
sorry i meant if you wish to draw any sort of enjoyment from playing

Kame
16-02-06, 08:39
Saito, here are my 2 cents;

The only MMO i've ever retuned to after leaving.

Its the pathetic excuse for a "playerbase" (...) worthless cockhole greifers they cant do as much to keep people playing as the ignorant asshat griefers do to drive people off...

(...)Its the retarded fools who pay no heed to faction, or simply live to take away from others enjoyment of the game...

(...)He was raving about some shit about some guy i had no idea who he was talking about, and he was TYPING ALL IN CAPS IN WHISPERS TO ME about how all us city pieces of shit had to die and blah blah blah.

Looking back on that post all I see is some pathetic attempt at gaining local sympathy.
You could start by being curteous in-game that might get ppl to develop, hmm.. 'liking' to you.
I strongly belive the most of the player base are hardcore pvprs, altough i could be blinded by my own lust for pvp.
In the game that neocron2 is, standing on the non-safe line of MB zoneline without an LE is basicaly asking for plasma.
As for how the community reacts to you, i think in these screenies you will find out why exactly it is ppl wants to PK you.
I strongly feel where you from (gamewise) is where you shouldve stayed.

Hope to PK you ingame soon,

Kame

[ edited - attachments removed for harassment ]

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 08:42
So here you were, thinking that becomming CM would be your new LE chip......

Anyway, it's not pvp or getting killed while leveling that keeps this game from getting a large base. It's the" reloggin, bugged" "back, had fre" "oh they have a ppu, save the ammo and select a genrep"...... that prevents this game from having a large playerbase.

I started playing in november 2003. I spent my first 3 months getting killed by the same TG libby pe at mb bunker over and over and over.
He must have killed me about 1000 times. So, i decided to join a clan, learn about pvp, get my spy capped.
I dm'ed him with "bastard" etc at first, but then i stopped and got poked.
So then when i was near capped and had my 4 slot silent hunter, i started going to tg canyon exit to snipe the evil TG's.

I had just killed 2 apus and then...... my nemesis in the scope.... 3 shots later i had killed him and was hacking his belt. That's when all the leveling paid off.

A while ago i killed a medium level tank at mb bunker, he dm'ed me saying something like :"Hey, i'm new to this game, but i just wrote down you name. I'm going to grind leveling and then you're going to be the first one i'll come after. Have a nice day."
You know what i did? I gave him a shitload of cash, tank pas, leveling weapons, implants.

The game needs more players like him. He pulled his le at rank 10 because he wanted to be part of the pvp. He got killed, accepted it and planned his revenge.

Most of the non le'd levelers are just alts of capped characters, where the le chip had to make room for an implant like a moveon/ppr so they can powerlevel faster.

And Saito, that kind of dming is exactly what will make pkers kill you even more.

MrTrip
16-02-06, 09:14
The playerbase is still really low, and finding people like you is very rare.

Back when I started NC1 I pulled my LE with confidence, found a complete stranger, talked to him a bit, and got hooked up with mad spells.

Now in NC2, I pulled my LE, got ganked 1000 times by pro AND anti city (I'm CA...go figure) and decided to say piss on it, and quit leveling my PE.

But see, I have a couple of near cap characters to fall back on, new players don't, and we need more players overall to support eachother...and to bring in a few good people to keep the support flowing.

Killall
16-02-06, 09:40
Tbh, i have to agree with thread starter.. Ive never seen so many mentally challenged people on 1 server. Im not much better aswell but simple logic seems far fetched for alot here. But who cares, the 10 people that actually browse this forum and actually take time to post.

Dont bother to try to pk me, ive moved on alrdy.

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 10:34
The only thing that will save this game is bugfixing and reballancing.
When KK stated they would concentrate on this and Dirus said he started work on the ballancing they put their asses on the line.

If they screw this up the pops will drop even more.

The result of the last marketing campaing can no longer be felt, populations are back to pre evo. The reload bug, the genotoxic ammo bug and the terra rollback were a very nice "welcome back" message to returning players.
When they started playing they noticed the memory leak, fre's inventory bugs etc, then they started pvping and saw that the monks still are kings of the hill. Talk to your old friends who tried it, read other forums and you'll see that the staying percentage of the 14 day trials must be VERY low.

Evil Pkers can be found in any game, be it pirates, a thieves guild, criminals etc. People come to neocron for the scifisetting and the pvp. Neocron caters to the non pvpers FAR more than any other pvp game, even if it is just by the simple fact there is an le chip.

DetectiveKimble
16-02-06, 10:55
Man as if going on for an hour about it in trade and ooc wasn't enough, you had write a forum essay. You got killed, move on.

unreal
16-02-06, 11:04
The only thing that will save this game is bugfixing and reballancing.
When KK stated they would concentrate on this and Dirus said he started work on the ballancing they put their asses on the line.

If they screw this up the pops will drop even more.

The result of the last marketing campaing can no longer be felt, populations are back to pre evo. The reload bug, the genotoxic ammo bug and the terra rollback were a very nice "welcome back" message to returning players.
When they started playing they noticed the memory leak, fre's inventory bugs etc, then they started pvping and saw that the monks still are kings of the hill. Talk to your old friends who tried it, read other forums and you'll see that the staying percentage of the 14 day trials must be VERY low.

Evil Pkers can be found in any game, be it pirates, a thieves guild, criminals etc. People come to neocron for the scifisetting and the pvp. Neocron caters to the non pvpers FAR more than any other pvp game, even if it is just by the simple fact there is an le chip.You should have written that in large bold letters. :rolleyes:

Spermy
16-02-06, 11:09
Saito - to be honest - with that attitude, YOU are the problem with the playerbase.

Tbh, i have to agree with thread starter.. Ive never seen so many mentally challenged people on 1 server. Im not much better aswell but simple logic seems far fetched for alot here. But who cares, the 10 people that actually browse this forum and actually take time to post.

Dont bother to try to pk me, ive moved on alrdy.

:rolleyes:

It's always "us" and them. You lot never see it from any other perspective. And yes I'm aware of th irony of what I just said there.

So where would you put me. I'm a part of one of the oldest clans in neocron, we're for the most part, well liked, we pride ourselves on not being assholes.

But I would still take shots. Why? because the removal of the LE at teh Base level signifies you are willing to participate in PvP, thats it's intended form, you can find it in any piece of literature about NC.

Removal of LE to join a clan? Sorry - if clans weren't intended to be involved in PvP, they wouldn't have the removal of the LE as a requirement.

In short, I'm sorry - common sense dictates, you removed the LE - you had ten whole minutes o change your mind. You decided that you accepted the consequences of having people able to harm you, yet you chastise those people for simply working within the mechanics of the game.

I'm sorry - I've seen nothing from KK to say otherwise.

Who are the assholes here, The People who shoot to kill? or the people who allow them to, yet complain when they do?

[ edited ]

ZoVoS
16-02-06, 12:29
is it realy wrong to want gm power of \\\"teleport to player\\\" n follow him around ganking him all day

:angel:

=] mmmm KILL KILL KILL

So here you were, thinking that becomming CM would be your new LE chip......

Anyway, it\'s not pvp or getting killed while leveling that keeps this game from getting a large base. It\'s the\" reloggin, bugged\" \"back, had fre\" \"oh they have a ppu, save the ammo and select a genrep\"...... that prevents this game from having a large playerbase.

I started playing in november 2003. I spent my first 3 months getting killed by the same TG libby pe at mb bunker over and over and over.
He must have killed me about 1000 times. So, i decided to join a clan, learn about pvp, get my spy capped.
I dm\'ed him with \"bastard\" etc at first, but then i stopped and got poked.
So then when i was near capped and had my 4 slot silent hunter, i started going to tg canyon exit to snipe the evil TG\'s.

I had just killed 2 apus and then...... my nemesis in the scope.... 3 shots later i had killed him and was hacking his belt. That\'s when all the leveling paid off.

A while ago i killed a medium level tank at mb bunker, he dm\'ed me saying something like :\"Hey, i\'m new to this game, but i just wrote down you name. I\'m going to grind leveling and then you\'re going to be the first one i\'ll come after. Have a nice day.\"
You know what i did? I gave him a shitload of cash, tank pas, leveling weapons, implants.

The game needs more players like him. He pulled his le at rank 10 because he wanted to be part of the pvp. He got killed, accepted it and planned his revenge.

Most of the non le\'d levelers are just alts of capped characters, where the le chip had to make room for an implant like a moveon/ppr so they can powerlevel faster.

And Saito, that kind of dming is exactly what will make pkers kill you even more.

read what bugs said and actualy take it in... tbh if the game was popular and full of whiny lil bitches like you im glad its still a neich market... the type of people id prefer to see ingame are not the lil bitchy people..

onoz i pulled my le n now im being killed...

its the ppl who grin n bear it.. cap there character n give u a decent fight in the future.....

there the people who get through the steap learning curve... they game\'s players and systems filter out the weak will\'d n only determined ppl ever get to stay... n once ur hooked on nc u cant leave =] u always come back

suler
16-02-06, 12:38
The threadstarter can't be serious.

I dm'ed him with "bastard" etc at first, but then i stopped and got poked.
So then when i was near capped and had my 4 slot silent hunter, i started going to tg canyon exit to snipe the evil TG's.

I had just killed 2 apus and then...... my nemesis in the scope.... 3 shots later i had killed him and was hacking his belt. That's when all the leveling paid off.

Those are my favorite stories, and what I think made nc good back in the day. My noob story was similar but a little different. I was leveling in sewer 3 and some guy kept talking crap, so me and my friend killed him.

Then some elitest anti pker pkers in bluetech started following me around killing me wherever they could to teach me a lesson I guess. After that my goal was to level up so I could do whatever I want without worrying about some elitest judging my actions.

RusSki
16-02-06, 13:14

Ok but whats the point if u dont use any of it for its intended purpose?
PVP is the purpose. Mobs are a means to an end, as are tradeskillers and huntzones etc etc etc yadda yadda yadda.

Edit : i had the same noob experience way back on uranus with a hc tank called sLaYtOr. Somehow he'd always be at the gr i just arrived at, if not he was always pking ppl at the bunker.

Tho i seemed to be a bit of a magnet to the ncat boys back then too, Jees i remember their raids on crp chaos caves. Suddenly they'd rush thru from behind and everyone would be brown bread. Noone was safe, women, children, the elderly...... noone lol.
For me thats what made this game fun. And i'm afraid its lost some of that.
The noobs back then were alot hardier and alot less whiney

giga191
16-02-06, 13:26
and lets be very clear. I'm not talking about people who participate in op wars and the like. Thats not griefing. Its the retarded fools who pay no heed to faction, or simply live to take away from others enjoyment of the game that keep this game from having a decently sized playerbase.

Someone was crying in another thread about how the game is getting closer to carebearism. .

I've seen a couple of complaints about random PKing. What I don't understand is why don't the people who complain use the ingame mechanics to go against that? Why don't vet players (e.g. like Spookie, a highly valued NC long timer who PMed me that he also has concerns about random PKers in Neocron) initiate a clan to protect newbies? PvP _is_ a base element of the game. That also means that we want to give more freedom to the players and give _you_ the tools to go against random PKers. Hey, it's a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk world, so why don't you realize that there are some amok weirdos going postal?

Here's what I would do: Keep your Law Enforcer in until you grow stron enough. Organize yourself with other players who suffer from that same problem. Ask high lvl players to help or even protect you when you want to explore unsafe zones. There has to be another solution than turning Neocron into Carebear's paradise. I'm open for your input.

i want mjs back :(

organised pvp sucks, danger = good

RusSki
16-02-06, 13:29
Nice quote giga, what did happen to MJS anyway, was he pushed out when 10tacle and c2p came along or did he just leave. Or is he still with the complany?

Spermy
16-02-06, 13:30
Nice quote giga, what did happen to MJS anyway, was he pushed out when 10tacle and c2p came along or did he just leave. Or is he still with the complany?

He moved up teh ladder IIRC

giga191
16-02-06, 13:30
Nice quote giga, what did happen to MJS anyway, was he pushed out when 10tacle and c2p came along or did he just leave. Or is he still with the complany? he joined the board of directors @ 10t

back in the day, the guy who posted this thread would have gotten flamed to shit :lol:

EDIT: i would also like to point out that this game has NOTHING different from any other mmorpg if the pvp was going to be like the guy who started this thread wants it to be.

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 13:52
I'm not talking about people who participate in op wars and the like. Thats not griefing.

I wonder exactly what you considder griefing.
I mean, lately the word griefing seems to have gotten a new meaning.
For instance when two pes went into a cave and killed a capped ppu and 3 of his pa wearing buddies who were ALL ENEMIES, they were dmed with the words griefers etc....
Seems to me like you considder any pvp outside of an opwar griefing.
then when you get killed you dm the "griefer" with a lot of chidlish talk, showing once again why there's a reason this game is 16+.

And it seems to me that me, nor fetish are the only ones thinking that the newbies in this game are taking the word carebear into a new dimension.

Right, WHO AT KK DECIDED IT WOULD BE FUNNY TO ADVERTISE ON THE SIMS ONLINE WEBSITE ??????????

giga191
16-02-06, 14:00
Right, WHO AT KK DECIDED IT WOULD BE FUNNY TO ADVERTISE ON THE SIMS ONLINE WEBSITE ?????????? rofl

seems to have gotten a few people to play nc tho

Kame
16-02-06, 14:17
then when you get killed you dm the "griefer" with a lot of chidlish talk, showing once again why there's a reason this game is 16+.

Bugs i hadnt even killed him when he started DMing that BS.
I came out the zoneline with SI and warned him : " Once my SI is gone, your ass is dead."
Then he made a weak, half-ass attempt at killing me with speedgat, i survived off medkits, he zoned, then started the DMs.
He came back and i told him i was to PK he and his "city merc piece of shit ass".
Then he started the zoneline dance, then i left.

As for OP war i OP and die and get rezzed and tap like 10x a day.
Taping after OP or getting PKd makes no difference to me tbh.
The only cocern is i might drop something good when not in OP war.

Spermy
16-02-06, 14:26
Bugs i hadnt even killed him when he started DMing that BS.
I came out the zoneline with SI and warned him : " Once my SI is gone, your ass is dead."
Then he made a weak, half-ass attempt at killing me with speedgat, i survived off medkits, he zoned, then started the DMs.
He came back and i told him i was to PK he and his "city merc piece of shit ass".
Then he started the zoneline dance, then i left.

As for OP war i OP and die and get rezzed and tap like 10x a day.
Taping after OP or getting PKd makes no difference to me tbh.
The only cocern is i might drop something good when not in OP war.

Kame you nib :p

Pepper park 3 ftw.

Clobber
16-02-06, 14:32
Its people like the threadstarter that drives people away. And this thread has done nothing more than get a lot of people want to kill him probably.

giga191
16-02-06, 14:36
Its people like the threadstarter that drives people away. And this thread has done nothing more than get a lot of people want to kill him probably. this game would have died a long time ago if the game was the way he wants it

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 14:43
[ edited ]

giga191
16-02-06, 14:46
[ edited ][ edited ]

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 14:53
[ edited ]

This shows once more that you don't need a brain to be a good pvper :D

Look at Kame's reply and the screenshots.....

giga191
16-02-06, 14:54
i have a habbit of skipping over kame's posts since theres usually nothing funny to quote him on

EDIT: that guy in the screenies seems like a bit of asshole himself tbh

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 15:01
[ edited ]

Scaramanga
16-02-06, 15:31
More relevant advertising would help too. Just imagine all those people out there who would love to play a cyberpunk game based pretty much entirely on psychic powers. Poor fuckers see Neocron boxes with pictures of shootists on and think "oh God, more guns, why oh why cant there be a game where spells rule PvP".

calim
16-02-06, 15:44
For instance when two pes went into a cave and killed a capped ppu and 3 of his pa wearing buddies who were ALL ENEMIES, they were dmed with the words griefers etc....

And it seems to me that me, nor fetish are the only ones thinking that the newbies in this game are taking the word carebear into a new dimension.

Right, WHO AT KK DECIDED IT WOULD BE FUNNY TO ADVERTISE ON THE SIMS ONLINE WEBSITE ??????????

Hi Bugs !

I will be pleased if you can consider my mind:

You speak from your "little rascal" point of view (i look in the dictionnary for "rascal" as i'm french, but my intention is really amical :) ), then you don't understand that very simply, it's not funny to get killed in a leveling zone. That's all.
I explain why it's not funny: it's not your fault, it's the game's fault and his stupid SL behaviour. The very bad things is that same players who complain about the SL behaviour take pleasure to continue PK'ing in leveling zone while they *perfectly* know it's not correct regarding the bugs !
Do you think it's a coherent ?

In a way i understand Saito when he speaks about chain-killers at MB sync ... what the hell are doing these players, standing here ?
BUT, why the hell is he so insulting ? i just can say ...

Secondly, you have to consider that players are firstly human, and when you like pking friendly in YOUR way, some are not. Someone spoke about LE's : is a girl with sexy clothes in a street mean she is ok to be violated without complaining ? => lol ! I think many pk'er are not really good at human being, as for many player who gets pk'ed too, i'm ok.

To finish, in a general way, i like the way you play, but i'd like you consider all the points i raised up :)

cya !

giga191
16-02-06, 15:53
How hard is it to lvl up with LE and, and then take it out? It's just annoying seeing high level people with LE in. I wish people would spend less time making new chars and just play the ones that they alrdy have, damn re-roll syndrome :(

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 16:06
Calim, i'm not even referring to your clan.
I got my revenge on you guys in viaroso and then later in neofrag :-)

I'm talking about people who call everyone that kills them a griefer. People who pull their le chips then run around all over the map and get pissed off when anything but a mob dies.

I'm pretty sure if you could pm a mob they WOULD pm them too lol.
"omg you noobkilling griefer drom, you've got overpowered runspeed with your 4 legs"

Clobber
16-02-06, 16:19
In a way i understand Saito when he speaks about chain-killers at MB sync ... what the hell are doing these players, standing here ?
BUT, why the hell is he so insulting ? i just can say ...

They are desperate for pvp but also a zoneline to pvp on :(

Seriously it was fun lvl'n back in the old days on saturn mb, knowing at any moment some of the more notorious pk'rs will be showing up. The cry would go out for help and someone would always show up for a fight and help out.
Back then you could go on a good old pk run starting at battle dome always find someone else looking for action and of course wb hunters to kill.

Then run from BD to j1 was fun always people to kill on the way, nip to the bunker kill all the people lvl'n without le's then its down mb entrance, just a safe distance from the guards waiting to kill the people who came to help clear the zone of of so called pk'rs. No zone whoring, lots of kills and lots of fun.

Then when you died and got poked up, pop along to the old tg canyon pk around there. Always someone to kill, always a cave team to kill so much fun back then. I miss the old tg canyon so much.

Was always a laugh see low lvl people go at it in the aggies :)

Spermy
16-02-06, 16:22
I notice threadstarter hasn't poked back in ...

Dogface
16-02-06, 18:09
He's probably stocking up on deflectors, tl3 heals and armor :D

l8m0n
16-02-06, 18:29
lol you guys just need to be nicer, unless im gettin ready for an OP war and i see a n00b i try to help them, i keep help on all the time incase someone needs help and i know the answer (only cos ive needed help when i was a n00b and the guys back then helped me so i do the same)

Like for example there was a 0/3 runnin around trying to get some cash, i told him about missions (he never knew about them another thing KK need to add to mc5) so he did some, keept DMin me and asking questions, then he died, lost all the money he had made on gettin his backpack back so hard to start again, now i could have said thats life in NC but i didnt i gave him 100k so he could buy some stuff and get him started, now 100k to a n00b is alot, and hes now rank 40 and has taken out his LE cos i wants to fight, yeh he dies but he doesnt care cos thats the game.

Now my point, if i wouldnt have given him that 100k he prob would have quit cos he had just spent the first 10 mins of his game life in NC for nothing so to him wouldnt see a point in carying on. But now cos i helped him and answerd a few of his (to me and many others n00b questions) he know understands how it works and wants to beat it! (the system that is).

So all that we need to keep the players from deletein there chars in the first 10 mins is to make the startin cash 50k, no GR cost for players under rank 0/8
And when twats who think their hard for calling a n00b a n00b when he asks what mite be n00b question to you, but a important question to him, when i see that it really pisses me off, what do you gain from it? nothing so stfu and go zone whore MB.

Just be nice to new players cos we were all new once :angel:

calim
16-02-06, 18:41
Calim, i'm not even referring to your clan.
I got my revenge on you guys in viaroso and then later in neofrag :-)

I'm talking about people who call everyone that kills them a griefer. People who pull their le chips then run around all over the map and get pissed off when anything but a mob dies.

I'm pretty sure if you could pm a mob they WOULD pm them too lol.
"omg you noobkilling griefer drom, you've got overpowered runspeed with your 4 legs"

I was not speaking in the name of my clan (and it's not *my* clan, it's the clan i'm a part of :) ), but in general. It's just a feedback from py point of view.

pain_easer
16-02-06, 18:43
No Fractions .... ur le is automaticly taken out when u get to a certian rank... KILL WHOEVA THE FUCK U WONT tbh . no sl loss .. blah blah all that shit.

Spermy
16-02-06, 18:49
No Fractions .... ur le is automaticly taken out when u get to a certian rank... KILL WHOEVA THE FUCK U WONT tbh . no sl loss .. blah blah all that shit.

I couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or not, judging from other posts.

Dude. ...

*beats with a stick*

pain_easer
16-02-06, 18:51
Lol , im serious .. take the les out n shit . + the " no safe zone " ..

calim
16-02-06, 18:52
They are desperate for pvp but also a zoneline to pvp on :(

Seriously it was fun lvl'n back in the old days on saturn mb, knowing at any moment some of the more notorious pk'rs will be showing up. The cry would go out for help and someone would always show up for a fight and help out.
Back then you could go on a good old pk run starting at battle dome always find someone else looking for action and of course wb hunters to kill.

Then run from BD to j1 was fun always people to kill on the way, nip to the bunker kill all the people lvl'n without le's then its down mb entrance, just a safe distance from the guards waiting to kill the people who came to help clear the zone of of so called pk'rs. No zone whoring, lots of kills and lots of fun.

Then when you died and got poked up, pop along to the old tg canyon pk around there. Always someone to kill, always a cave team to kill so much fun back then. I miss the old tg canyon so much.

Was always a laugh see low lvl people go at it in the aggies :)

Battle Dome & co, outside leveling are *not* official leveling zones ! => You get pk'ed, there is nothing to say more lol

For me the problem about PK'ing is in official leveling zone, with the leveling zone's SL official behaviour ... :o Because many times, consequences on characters's SL are not fair. That what i think.

pain_easer
16-02-06, 18:54
+ ive left NC now .. mite come bak never know.. so boring

Spermy
16-02-06, 18:54
Lol , im serious .. take the les out n shit . + the " no safe zone " ..

Bet you'd love that. :rolleyes:

There needs to be at least SOME structure. PvP cannot endure in it's current state without the tradeskillers, and seeing as most are LE'd for safety - because yes, some idiots WILL open fire on one. :rolleyes:

+ ive left NC now .. mite come bak never know.. so boring

:rolleyes:

Bai Bai.

pain_easer
16-02-06, 18:56
:) Cya everyone

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 19:12
The current safezones are good, exept mb center and cm hq which seem odd and should be swapped around.

The le as it is is good.

It's just that it's hard enough as it is to find enemies since they spread out the cities so much. There's hardly anyone leveling in the wastes.
Isn't it a warstrategy to prevent your enemy from gaining more miltary strenth by destroying the young ones?
It's been done throughout history.
The soullight loss for killing enemies in safezones should be removed.

Brammers
16-02-06, 19:33
The soullight loss for killing enemies in safezones should be removed.

I'll be impressed if anyone can kill someone in a safezone, I think you should get 100 SL and 100 FS in all factions as an reward. :lol:

Kame
16-02-06, 19:40
That makes me bug a bit.

Now my point, if i wouldnt have given him that 100k he prob would have quit cos he had just spent the first 10 mins of his game life in NC for nothing so to him wouldnt see a point in carying on.

I mean, the first time i realized the consequences of me dieing (as a nib) i judged that the Modus Operandi i was following was flawed, and i needed to rethink my strategy.

Quiting was not even an option since my account was paid for some time still, and i really liked the game.

I wouldnt qualify myself exeptionaly smart, and i would qualify anyone unable to see the failure of his M.O.,well,exeptionaly stupid.
Basic life learning here : trial and error.

Now one might need advices while making his learning, and so help channel is there.(cmuster seems to know everything about the damn game)
But the MB zoneline is OBVIOUSLY enough not a good place to be sims-ing around in this game.
That doesnt need a very smart someone to understand as well.

unreal
16-02-06, 19:59
The current safezones are good, exept mb center and cm hq which seem odd and should be swapped around.At MB I don't think there should be any safe zones at all... It would help make hacknet useful again, making the effort to go through hacknet to MB so you can log out at the HQ without SI like good old days.

Zeninja
16-02-06, 19:59
Isn't it a warstrategy to prevent your enemy from gaining more miltary strenth by destroying the young ones?
It's been done throughout history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_crime

i have a habbit of skipping over kame's posts since theres usually nothing funny to quote him on
Check this out then :

« TBH ive used up to 4 CS in OP »

« HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA »

« Hmm.... sounds like good, maybe we should talk more, gimme a DM Bugs. »

« someone plz put this thread to an end, as it is dead ended from the get go. »

« now all KK sees is to not listen to you. »

« what we see now clearly shows... »

« As i was staying, i only raise more questions here, i have no clue how you guys could ever pull this off successfully, good luck. »

« SEX IS EVERYWHERE !!! And of course in video games. »

« The only good point raised yet in this topic is that the guy is an ignorant person. You can never blame others for what someone does : its as low, and moronic as racism. »

« and I have a v good memery for someone that smokes as much weed »

« But as it is only me that sees it i dont really talk about it, kinda like if it was my own sweet madness. »

« i notice when my eyes are sore usually. that tells a lot about how much ive played/sat/watched. »

« for instance i know ppl that could sleep like 1 day a week and eat v little (and mostly crap tbh) and live off of meta. »

« i dont think the 'balance' i somewhat fucked by apu/ppu , u only need to get ur own apu/ppu to counter... its simple. »

« good : makes feel good. Bad : makes feel bad. basically. »

« w00t w00t forum Lore hahahaha »

Neally
16-02-06, 20:01
I didn't really read all about the post, but all i can say is that this game is just made for PvP. I hardly get fun hunting during hours, you just chankill mobs and that's it.

Now i can understand some people are still frustrated when they get killed. But really, i remember the first time i got killed : 2 H-C tanks came behind me and just killed my /25 ranked APU with CS. Of course, i could have directed him saying : WHAT THE ??? you are so fucking lame, that's really unfair.

But it didn't go like that, i knew my enemies (from what i heard) and i knew it was such of wasting my time speaking to those guys.

A few days later after i learned like "everything" about Neocron, i tried to PvP one of those guy and i killed him. And after i knew i was like "involved" in Neocron PvP's world.

The main reasons this game doesn't own people is its engine, his marketing, and the actual "uba" payment system.

zii
16-02-06, 20:09
All whining on these formus, be it constructive or not, ought to be banned and edited and any old whining threads should have been erased. New players would be unaware of our discontent.

Kame
16-02-06, 20:12
:cool:

-FN-
16-02-06, 22:27
Just browsed through the thread... I have to say though that I agree with Saito's original point...

The community in this game, while filled with many awesome people, both enemy and friendly, is completely offset by the number of simply fucking retarded people that make me want to find out where they live and bludgeon them into a coma with their keyboard.

Trade is constantly spammed by ego-bullshit. Fights that, years ago got a "Good Fight" whether the person won or lost afterwards, are now followed by a DM or TRADE message of "OMFG U STUPID NOOB". Either old players are getting bored and just don't give a shit about their rep (i.e. Spirit, Nvidia, Carinth, et al) or the 'newer' players are just far more immature. But then again I'm comparing Pluto days to Terra... 1 Slot vs 4 Slots - where people actually gave a shit what kind of rep their MAIN character had.

Eh, maybe I'm getting old... I did start playing NC when I was 21 and am now turning 26 this year :( I dunno. When SXR used to find OP warring worth our time, the old adversaries like PIMP, TR, ~CD~, The Gang, Spirit, and a handful of others (I used to have our old forums archived for reference purposes but don't anymore, so forgive the lack-of-list due to lack-of-memory) used to be FUN to fight. Of course it wasn't the extreme Monk-o-cron that it is now, but the premise was the same in that after fights, whether we won or lost, both sides agreed it was damn fun and looked forward to it again. Now it's almost an annoyance to get involved in PvP - because half of the battle - is going to be shit talk and who the fuck has time for that? I'm lucky if I get two hours of gameplay in anymore - I don't need to waste it retorting to childish flames, let alone pay a montly fee so I can use a 1.5gb IRC client :rolleyes:

Three of us went looking for a fight last night and found one. It went on for over an hour and both sides had losses & rezzes... and while we're happy that instead of doing NOTHING in NC like we usually do from 10pm-2am EST, we were actually fighting... it gets 100% ruined by the fact that the adversaries jump onto TRADE the second it's over and start spamming their ego-driven BS when, in reality, it was just a fun fight that had, like I said, losses & rezzes on both sides. It's a perfect example as to why, aside from the unbalanced classes and weapons, PvP isn't even fun.

Then there's the arguement of people who have RPG roots and ppl who have FPS roots and the clash that happens on the servers. I can't help but laugh when people throw the 'RPG Carebear Insult' my way... because NC was my first MMORPG. TBH I played nothing but CS and Tribes before it. I love FPS games more than anything - but those games were so fast paced that there was barely time to act like a 10 year old ass hat - by the time the round was over, you were getting into the next one. Then on top of that, 99% of rounds in most other FPS games ended with a 'sportsman-like' "GG". Whether you meant it or not, it was said, and people moved on. In NC, after the fight, what else is there to do but act like a jackass it seems :rolleyes:

Anyway - Neocron, in order to progress and mature as an MMOFPSRPG, needs balance and level redesign. Once the actual offense/defense levels are near-balanced, the game needs to come to terms with the fact that it's a ZONE-BASED GAME. Outposts should not have 2 zones for the top and bottom. City Zones should have doorway-systems in place to define the zonelines and make it imposssible to zone, fire, zone, heal, zone, fire. It's all possible, but it actually needs to be thought out. Will it ever happen... who knows. Until then, I find Warrock and FREE Planetside's PvP more and more appealing by the day.

--Edit--
And on the topic of ego's - I love all the "Neocron is a PvP game, nothing more" posts... talk about making my point :rolleyes:

Neocron is commonly thought of as the one of world's first Cyberpunk MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game). It features action-oriented combat, similar to first-person shooters in a 3D environment.

Reakktor, and how they develop Neocron, decides what Neocron is. Not wanna be l33t PKers who, because they only like one facet of a game, think that it's all about only that point. Like it or not, if you're in the Community, you're a follower. KK doesn't put faction rules, quests, NPCs with scripts, run events, and do a myriad of other things because Neocron is "just a PvP Game". Wake the fuck up. If you love the PvP - that's great. If you love RP - that's great too. But it seems like everyone who wants the PvP server just wants a fast-paced, kill, kill, kil, grief, grief, grief server... don't appreciate the other 1.2gb of Neocron's content and really should go back to playing CS o_O

Now I can't wait for all the flames to this to roll in. Please, stand up, and clearly indentify yourself so everyone can see exactly the type of people I'm talking about :rolleyes:

Brammers
16-02-06, 22:31
Amen to that FN.

Spermy
16-02-06, 23:19
Just browsed through the thread... I have to say though that I agree with Saito's original point...

*Reads on... FN usually has a point.*

The community in this game, while filled with many awesome people, both enemy and friendly, is completely offset by the number of simply fucking retarded people that make me want to find out where they live and bludgeon them into a coma with their keyboard.

Trade is constantly spammed by ego-bullshit. Fights that, years ago got a "Good Fight" whether the person won or lost afterwards, are now followed by a DM or TRADE message of "OMFG U STUPID NOOB". Either old players are getting bored and just don't give a shit about their rep (i.e. Spirit, Nvidia, Carinth, et al) or the 'newer' players are just far more immature. But then again I'm comparing Pluto days to Terra... 1 Slot vs 4 Slots - where people actually gave a shit what kind of rep their MAIN character had.

I'm a tad guilty - I often announce my arrival in the city limits on trade, while pops are low, it's on surefire way to get a response. If I was able to provide other methods to "accidentally" alert people about my presence, I would endeavour to do so. I think some kind of messaging channel would be nice, youi couldn't chat in it, but it would put a message in the com panel whenever someone zoned into the city/dome (depending) Alerting you of the presence, with a name - Faction, and most recent zone they crossed into.

Eh, maybe I'm getting old... I did start playing NC when I was 21 and am now turning 26 this year :( I dunno. When SXR used to find OP warring worth our time, the old adversaries like PIMP, TR, ~CD~, The Gang, Spirit, and a handful of others (I used to have our old forums archived for reference purposes but don't anymore, so forgive the lack-of-list due to lack-of-memory) used to be FUN to fight. Of course it wasn't the extreme Monk-o-cron that it is now, but the premise was the same in that after fights, whether we won or lost, both sides agreed it was damn fun and looked forward to it again. Now it's almost an annoyance to get involved in PvP - because half of the battle - is going to be shit talk and who the fuck has time for that? I'm lucky if I get two hours of gameplay in anymore - I don't need to waste it retorting to childish flames, let alone pay a montly fee so I can use a 1.5gb IRC client :rolleyes:

I agree there. There are some people with a poor attitude.

Three of us went looking for a fight last night and found one. It went on for over an hour and both sides had losses & rezzes... and while we're happy that instead of doing NOTHING in NC like we usually do from 10pm-2am EST, we were actually fighting... it gets 100% ruined by the fact that the adversaries jump onto TRADE the second it's over and start spamming their ego-driven BS when, in reality, it was just a fun fight that had, like I said, losses & rezzes on both sides. It's a perfect example as to why, aside from the unbalanced classes and weapons, PvP isn't even fun.

While I do feel for you there, i can safely say That there are adverseries to the contrary, I have always found clans such as SXR and especially TFC to be sporting opponents.

Then there's the arguement of people who have RPG roots and ppl who have FPS roots and the clash that happens on the servers. I can't help but laugh when people throw the 'RPG Carebear Insult' my way... because NC was my first MMORPG. TBH I played nothing but CS and Tribes before it. I love FPS games more than anything - but those games were so fast paced that there was barely time to act like a 10 year old ass hat - by the time the round was over, you were getting into the next one. Then on top of that, 99% of rounds in most other FPS games ended with a 'sportsman-like' "GG". Whether you meant it or not, it was said, and people moved on. In NC, after the fight, what else is there to do but act like a jackass it seems :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to sense where this is going.

Anyway - Neocron, in order to progress and mature as an MMOFPSRPG, needs balance and level redesign. Once the actual offense/defense levels are near-balanced, the game needs to come to terms with the fact that it's a ZONE-BASED GAME. Outposts should not have 2 zones for the top and bottom. City Zones should have doorway-systems in place to define the zonelines and make it imposssible to zone, fire, zone, heal, zone, fire. It's all possible, but it actually needs to be thought out. Will it ever happen... who knows. Until then, I find Warrock and FREE Planetside's PvP more and more appealing by the day.

--Edit--
And on the topic of ego's - I love all the "Neocron is a PvP game, nothing more" posts... talk about making my point :rolleyes:

It's all about perception. If people can use a loophole they will. It's exploited on both sides. and while I'm very much a community oriented person ( I do get involved on faction chat :p) and have dabbled in Roleplay, I find that I'm enjoying myself most, when I'm, to put it bluntly, blowing people the hell up. I won't say any one system is better than the other, But I despise, outrigh, the Elitism on both sides. It's pathetic. We like what we like, and I'll defend whatever flavour I'm into this week to the death.

Neocron is commonly thought of as the one of world's first Cyberpunk MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game). It features action-oriented combat, similar to first-person shooters in a 3D environment.

Reakktor, and how they develop Neocron, decides what Neocron is. Not wanna be l33t PKers who, because they only like one facet of a game, think that it's all about only that point. Like it or not, if you're in the Community, you're a follower. KK doesn't put faction rules, quests, NPCs with scripts, run events, and do a myriad of other things because Neocron is "just a PvP Game". Wake the fuck up. If you love the PvP - that's great. If you love RP - that's great too. But it seems like everyone who wants the PvP server just wants a fast-paced, kill, kill, kil, grief, grief, grief server... don't appreciate the other 1.2gb of Neocron's content and really should go back to playing CS o_O

True enough. But if this is thier choice, people eventually are going to have to deal with it.

Now I can't wait for all the flames to this to roll in. Please, stand up, and clearly indentify yourself so everyone can see exactly the type of people I'm talking about :rolleyes:

*waves*

I neither agree nor disagree. I like PvP. The current system restrains what I would like to do as an RPer.

This issue will not solve itself. Sorry to sound so negative, but thier are certain asshats, on both sides who refuse to listen. Those are the kind of people we want highlighted. If you're an ass, I'll have no problem causing you discomfort, regardless of your choice, where style of play is concerned.

I wholeheartedly agree that the community needs to look at itself, and wake the hell up. Myself included at times.

There is no excuse for some kinds of behaviour.

I hope this was a constructive post, my intention was to provide a point of view, not to flame.

Cheers.

EDITED

Damn blue text... My comments are in bold.

-FN-
16-02-06, 23:40
Heh - I apologize if I came across hateful. Honestly, I enjoy the game most when I'm ganking people too. And I've never done any RP except for the occasional "/me waves hello." if that counts.

But you can PvP perfectly fine and enjoy yourself, send a "good fight" or "better luck next time" or "damn close, gj" or "man did i suck" to your opponent, and then both look forward to fighting again - but 90% of the people *I* seem to encounter lately are complete dicks and always say something stupid afterwards (in public usually, not even the grace of a DM)... and that I don't tolerate too well. I killed a runner at CRP yesterday. I didn't say anything to be a dick in local, or DM, or anywhere. Yet later on, once I dropped by someone else in this person's clan - fire up TRADE and act like a 10 year old jackass.

I just don't get that mentality, I guess. I sometimes think, hey - maybe I should be more of an asshole and brag on OOC when I drop some poor guy. Maybe I shouldn't yell at people on Vent when I catch them dropping to the level of the juveniles I loathe so much... I might feel better, but how will that help the game :(

giga191
16-02-06, 23:59
well unfortunately there aren't many opportunities to say good fight these days, since you have to raid cyc to get a fight which involves fighting FF's squadron of ppus

Spermy
17-02-06, 00:08
well unfortunately there aren't many opportunities to say good fight these days, since you have to raid cyc to get a fight which involves fighting FF's squadron of ppus

FF are also a fair hand, when they want to be. Many a time, they've logged a fair force for people who requested. That kind of shit talk is just as bad as people who were made an example of.

It don't help foo'!

FN - sorry If I came across as cold :p Didn't mean to. :angel:

giga191
17-02-06, 00:13
FF are also a fair hand, when they want to be. Many a time, they've logged a fair force for people who requested. That kind of shit talk is just as bad as people who were made an example of.

It don't help foo'!

FN - sorry If I came across as cold :p Didn't mean to. :angel: they don't exactly come back with a none ppu team the second time i see them tho :( (that's if they were none ppu the first time)

Spermy
17-02-06, 00:14
they don't exactly come back with a none ppu team the second time i see them tho :(.

Why should they? :p They're sporting, but not to the poiint where they'll just give it away :p

j0rz
17-02-06, 00:24
If u don't want to be PKed dont take ur LE out if u want to pvp take it out its ur own fault for pulling it out

dont whine about being killed because this game is based on pvp
hence neofrag etc... :p

Spermy
17-02-06, 00:30
If u don't want to be PKed dont take ur LE out if u want to pvp take it out its ur own fault for pulling it out

dont whine about being killed because this game is based on pvp
hence neofrag etc... :p

Ooohh hooo boy, I know things you can't even begin to know about that place ;)

SorkZmok
17-02-06, 00:35

It don't help foo'!

FN - sorry If I came across as cold :p Didn't mean to. :angel:
Yeh, in the past it happened occasionaly that FF fought me at cycrow without PPUs. Once one showed up but actually stayed out of it, he then gave me a holy heal when i was fighting a shitload of people at once to even it out a bit. :lol:
Some other times we just stopped the pking and had some duels. That didnt happen too often though and more then once when i was having cool fights or just duels the usual dumbfuck ran in and ganked me no matter what was goin on. :rolleyes:

Saito Hajime
17-02-06, 03:00
I notice threadstarter hasn't poked back in ...

Yea, Workin for a livin can be a real bitch sometimes.

I guess the best way to describe what I call griefing is the intentionally doing anything and everything in your power to make sure another player's experience is negatively effected. Which is why I think the griefers, (not the PK, as i believe theres a difference) do so much damage to this game. It's not the first time that I've been killed, probably wont be the last as anyone who has killed seems to have taken offense to my comment about griefers. I screwed up and killed someone in the basement of MB. Later I was killed for it, I didnt bitch on occ or anything like that, I had it coming. I'm not anti pvp at all.

What pissed me off last night was the vapidity of the 2 tanks in question last night. I dont mind so much being killed, its being shot in the back by someone 20 ranks higher than me whos neutral and just let me walk past thats kinda annoying. Add idiotic comments like, I owned you nooob, You suck, you need to go lvl (I'm not sure what he thought i was on my way to do when I blatantly didnt attack him) blah blah blah. Yea i know, I shouldnt have responded to the moron in the first place, but I did, basically saying "wow, you do really rock you jumped someone 20 ranks lower and you won... shocking" Then the sweetheart who was taking screenies of me while i was "on ignore" (which by the way was the whole reason I said those things because i knew the idiot didnt actually put me on ignore) wants to jump into the conversation and starts talking crazy shit about how i have to be killed because of some guy named sky vortex who i've never heard of...

The final straw that made me make my comment about griefers was when I realized that these sorry individuals with all of thier combat rank, and practice at pvp had nothing better to do than talk shit to a 45/53 that was jumped and killed, and make every attempt to kill him again, and for no better reason than to be dicks.... Thats the kind of greifing bullshit that keeps this game from taking off. One of the idiots actually told me that I needed to go out and lvl up and get a cs so that I wouldnt suck so much... Great advice, in fact I was working on lvling up when his ignorant ass Killed me (and barely, i nearly got away but when I thought I had lost him I had not).

So again, its not the being killed that set me off, it was the blatant, brainless griefing, Hell the only reason I didnt just GR out sooner was I wanted to see how dedicated these two asshats were to pissing on my enjoyment of the game. And yea, I said some not nice things, because I believe its people who play just to piss on other peoples fun is one of the major factors in the lack of players this game has, and As I really like this game, I think its sad that it wont be as sucessful as it should be, not even as it was in NC1's heyday. So yea, i'm not nice to people like that.

Safunte
17-02-06, 03:26

Bugs basically has said everything I would agree with... except that.

I'm 15 and have played for ~4 years, and have been an active/mature/competetive part of the community for the majority of that time, sure some people just need to wait for their balls to drop to show some knowledge of intrapersonal skills but age discrimination isn't ignorant, just unfair.

Other than that Bugs, Kudos on beating me to everything that needed to be said on this matter.

Zeninja
17-02-06, 03:40
But then again I'm comparing Pluto days to Terra... 1 Slot vs 4 Slots - where people actually gave a shit what kind of rep their MAIN character had.
I've been playing assiduously Venus from birth to death (I mean the server's death, not mine *cough*), while occasionally having some "trips" on Jupiter. I've always heard of Pluto being a very decent place to get involved in both exciting events and fair fights.

I'm not playing a lot on Mars now, but I'd say "just enough" to make myself a vague opinion on its atmosphere. If only I hadn't spent all my time sleeping on my desk when I used to take german lessons at school... :wtf:

All these servers have (or used to have) only one char slot. In comparison, I can confirm that multiple slots are obviously an open hole to jackass' and lamer's e-penises, not as much from Venus atmosphere's clear deterioration (when KK implemented a second slot on popular demand) than from how sad and unambitious Pandore then Terra's elitist "Jet Set" did always show up (in acts and speech) to my disillusionned eyes IG. To make myself perfectly clear, many people from Terra seem to be totally stranger to ideas like roleplaying a warrior who has a sense of honour or simply respecting people as pars sharing a same passion.

I remember of that britain PC Gamer (or PC Zone, or whatever) journalist who wrote an awful paper on how obnoxious and unhelpful Neocron gamers were, now I have a clue of which server he choosed to have a look at before he made himself an opinion about its community.

Do I need to say more. I hate myself depicting such pessimistic description of my inner feelings, but I'm afraid I'm miles away from only talking in my own name there.

So yea, i'm not nice to people like that.
All you get by showing such a wrath, is giving them credibility on forums/ig and conforting them in their illusion of being elites. Somehow I will rarely consider someone as totally pointless nor totally valuable for NC's community, I think noone is frozen in a systematic behaviour forever.

Toward people who REALLY acts like unbearable nippers (no offense to smokey the bear, I mean someone beyond redemption no matter the time sinking ^^) I've chosen to adopt a very different attitude which I believe you should follow if you wanna keep enjoying the game :

- Never answer to their provocation, not even a single word
- Never show them you care (I some rare cases ignore list has to be the only solution tho)
- Don't try to take your revenge (scamming, insults, PK, hiring mercs etc) I'm not a buddhist but I believe in retribution in a certain way I think you'll get the point
- Never fight them (you'd give them what they want) unless you're 99% sure of getting them out fast and easy
- Never talk to anyone about them in any situation, even as hints like in present thread

And please try not to put everyone in the same bag, I really don't agree with some parts of your initial post which more tends sometime to generalization than reflecting a reality.

edit : ok maybe I'm not exactly a model of tolerance if you were unlucky enough to know me, but hey it doesn't prevent me to give some good pieces of advice :)

Whitestuff
17-02-06, 07:19
the only reason to play is pvp.. not counting fights with monks involved as pvp, there aren't a lot of people around to "PVP" with. so if you dont have an LE and you leave your apartment people will go to lengths to get you...
I enjoy NC very much and I PvP very little. In fact I like experiencing all the world has to offer. That is of course, except the griefers. Once I have done everything in game I care to, I'm gonna quit, and that doesn't include camping zonlines and ganking noobs.

You don't have to PvP in NC to have fun. But you can have fun PvPing in NC.

Saito Hajime
17-02-06, 07:20
Looking back on that post all I see is some pathetic attempt at gaining local sympathy.
You could start by being curteous in-game that might get ppl to develop, hmm.. 'liking' to you.
I strongly belive the most of the player base are hardcore pvprs, altough i could be blinded by my own lust for pvp.
In the game that neocron2 is, standing on the non-safe line of MB zoneline without an LE is basicaly asking for plasma.
As for how the community reacts to you, i think in these screenies you will find out why exactly it is ppl wants to PK you.
I strongly feel where you from (gamewise) is where you shouldve stayed.

Hope to PK you ingame soon,

Kame

You've not PK'd me yet, and sitting outside MB zoneline isnt gonna get it done either. Dispite sitting out there and harrasing me for however long you did. You also completely fail to get the point of the thread, Its not about buillding sympathy. Its about expressing frustration that this game will never have a decently sized playerbase due to people like you. You talk about hardcore pvp, what the hell is hardcore about sitting at zoneline attacking everything lower lvl than you and fleeing with someone bigger comes along??

[ edited ]

Bozz-Von Mel
17-02-06, 08:09
Hopefully I dont forget the whole purpose of this post, but here goes. There is alot of complaining of allied PK, balancing, unfair fights etc. I used to subscribe to the red=dead mentality. It didnt take long for me to realize this would not work for me. This is especially true now with all the SL and Faction sympathy changes. I have characters trapped in factions that I really dont want to be in. I have a harder time using the faction system in a Role Play capacity vs a PVP capacity. My loyalties are with the people I know or desire to play with. Like many others I have chars spread all over different factions and sides. I get more enjoyment out of the game this way. This does not mean I go log an alt just to get revenge for being PKed on one char. It would be alot better if we as a player base had more say as to what faction was at war with who. Let us drive that story line. Allow clan wars and special SL rules for clan wars. Why do we have to be forced to follow a storyline that many could care less about?

What is an unfair fight anyway? Granted I dont like the way certain clans fight and the overwhealming numbers they can bring to OP fights. The only reason is because I loose. (see sig) Even numbers mean little, players have different abilities and slight variations in setups. Common sense tells me if I am outnumbered I can either bring more to the fight or change my tactics.

Ruoja
17-02-06, 08:32
off topic: Solution to everything, insert NF to TH (close to the gr:s) :lol:

No Wings
17-02-06, 08:45
the reason this game will never be REALLY successful is that KK sucks at what they do. It's taken them 10 years to get as far as they have as far as skills involving making games goes, and they don't have the money to hire in some people to pick up the slack. Add a dash of arragance, being out of touch with their playerbase, and complete and utter misuse of company resources (who the fuck cares that there is now an NC arcade game?) and you get total system melt-down.

The devs like to say "we're not dieing, we're still around" but just wait till the other RPG FPS MMOs come out, like Tabula Rasa and Huxley (which both have all the features of NC, TR has no pvp tho) and you'll see NC go quietly into the night.

NC was fun in 2002, but in 2006 there are better things to do with my time.

Bozz-Von Mel
17-02-06, 08:53
Thats nice. Oh, and since your such a superior programmer, send them an application. IF NC is just someones "garage" project its not bad. I have found the game much more fun than the over commercialized main stream games.

Zheo
17-02-06, 09:33
Come and join RD I'll protect you from noob killing lamers or die trying...yeah probably die trying :D

Spermy
17-02-06, 12:15
Yea, Workin for a livin can be a real bitch sometimes.

Yes, of course it is. None of us have ever worked before, oh martyr. :rolleyes:

I guess the best way to describe what I call griefing is the intentionally doing anything and everything in your power to make sure another player's experience is negatively effected.

Thats open to interpretation.

Which is why I think the griefers, (not the PK, as i believe theres a difference) do so much damage to this game. It's not the first time that I've been killed, probably wont be the last as anyone who has killed seems to have taken offense to my comment about griefers. I screwed up and killed someone in the basement of MB. Later I was killed for it, I didnt bitch on occ or anything like that, I had it coming. I'm not anti pvp at all.

O_o Who/what did you kill. Is this related to the death that prompted the killings and those silly, silly quotes?

What pissed me off last night was the vapidity of the 2 tanks in question last night. I dont mind so much being killed, its being shot in the back by someone 20 ranks higher than me whos neutral and just let me walk past thats kinda annoying.

Wait - You opened fire on him apparently. O_o

Add idiotic comments like, I owned you nooob, You suck, you need to go lvl (I'm not sure what he thought i was on my way to do when I blatantly didnt attack him)

Apaarently not. Although - who fired at who and when is beside the point. I don't like being tarred with the same brush as arseholes thank you.

blah blah blah. Yea i know, I shouldnt have responded to the moron in the first place, but I did, basically saying "wow, you do really rock you jumped someone 20 ranks lower and you won... shocking" Then the sweetheart who was taking screenies of me while i was "on ignore" (which by the way was the whole reason I said those things because i knew the idiot didnt actually put me on ignore) wants to jump into the conversation and starts talking crazy shit about how i have to be killed because of some guy named sky vortex who i've never heard of...

So you responded to save face?

The final straw that made me make my comment about griefers was when I realized that these sorry individuals with all of thier combat rank, and practice at pvp

had nothing better to do

I love this game. I love how the PvP works, It's so much different to any other FPS's, which are in essence akin to monk's "point and click when the crosshairs there". More content for the masses would solve this issue. They'd be too busy to hang around doing jack shit for hours in teh hopes that someone comes down for a bit of PvP

than talk shit to a 45/53 that was jumped and killed, and make every attempt to kill him again, and for no better reason than to be dicks.... Thats the kind of greifing bullshit that keeps this game from taking off. One of the idiots actually told me that I needed to go out and lvl up and get a cs so that I wouldnt suck so much... Great advice, in fact I was working on lvling up when his ignorant ass Killed me (and barely, i nearly got away but when I thought I had lost him I had not).

No - still you're tarring people with a bruish because you got shot. Why did you take your LE out? If you wanted to levelin peace, surely it's the best way to stop the "griefers" from killing you? O_o

So again, its not the being killed that set me off, it was the blatant, brainless griefing, Hell the only reason I didnt just GR out sooner was I wanted to see how dedicated these two asshats were to pissing on my enjoyment of the game.

In your opinion, and thats some kinda crap there. A lot of people come out with the same line on a regular basis.

And yea, I said some not nice things, because I believe its people who play just to piss on other peoples fun is one of the major factors in the lack of players this game has, and As I really like this game, I think its sad that it wont be as sucessful as it should be, not even as it was in NC1's heyday. So yea, i'm not nice to people like that.

I'm people like that - I pvp too. And yeah - I kill low levels when I need a soullight boost. But do you know what? when I duel someone, I don't do it to "piss on thiere experience"

If you weren't so damn arrogant, and so devout in your own misguided thinking, you might see the errors here.

The main point I do have to raise is;

Why in the hell did you remove the LE?! O_o your entire point is that you wanted to level, but kept getting killed, The LE stops that, you know it, yet you still removed it. In fairness you left yourself wide open for those of us who maybe don't have higher standards when it comes to pvp.

calim
17-02-06, 12:50
Why in the hell did you remove the LE?! your entire point is that you wanted to level, but kept getting killed, The LE stops that, you know it, yet you still removed it. In fairness you left yourself wide open for those of us who maybe don't have higher standards when it comes to pvp.

As i ever said, I think it depends... There is absolutely no reason to remove a LE to level *outside*, in a "non-official leveling zone", for example BattleDome with warbots or chester lab, because you know well that one day or another, you'll be killed, and you'll have nothing to say.
BUT ! leveling in an official leveling zone, like crp, where SL system apply in consequence, i think we can consider that places are more secure where you can pull you LE out, without getting a Troll like you did: "why the hell have you removed your LE ???"... Because in these place, it's a question of human being...: If some pk'er like do some kills in these places, losing SL, and raise it back with hunting low level runners at syncs or in SI, i have nothing more to say than: I really don't like this attitude... If the goal is getting belts, i think it's a bit more justified: I don't like kills which are done without any consistants reasons and goal, because if you like that, just play a frag-fps-game like quake. Neocron is a still also a RPG.

Spermy
17-02-06, 13:07
As i ever said, I think it depends... There is absolutely no reason to remove a LE to level *outside*, in a "non-official leveling zone", for example BattleDome with warbots or chester lab, because you know well that one day or another, you'll be killed, and you'll have nothing to say.

Agreed.

BUT ! leveling in an official leveling zone, like crp, where SL system apply in consequence, i think we can consider that places are more secure where you can pull you LE out, without getting a Troll like you did: "why the hell have you removed your LE ???"...

I'm not attemping to troll. Just stating a point. CRP on terra is one of the worst places to remove an LE - mainly because of the close proximity to the OP - where, let's be honest, there is almost alwyas some kind of Takeover going on. Collateral always seems to be high there.

The second reason for CRP is purely because of the high volume of traffic there on a daily basis.

Because in these place, it's a question of human being...: If some pk'er like do some kills in these places, losing SL, and raise it back with hunting low level runners at syncs or in SI, i have nothing more to say than: I really don't like this attitude... If the goal is getting belts, i think it's a bit more justified: I don't like kills which are done without any consistants reasons and goal, because if you like that, just play a frag-fps-game like quake. Neocron is a still also a RPG.

I agree, and disagree.

The rules as laid out by KK dictate that killing an enemy, will give you sympathy and soullight. As an anti city player - I don't have access to teh easy NPC kills that the pro's have ( Think FA sector ;) ) My only option is to kill the Pro city. That is in keeping with thier parameters. I am an enemy of the city.

I rarely will kill people who don't deserve it, but especially in pepper park, where I fight the most, if you are my enemy, I will kill you. a lot of my kills are for the soullight I lose due to funnily enough Citymerc "greifers" - they know I have nbo comeback if they attack me. I can die, and lose a belt, or kill them and lose SL - it's a lose lose situation for me. What do you propose I do?

I'm against any kind of needless griefplay, but in some cases I am the victim, and I do need to regain my soullight, therefore I will shoot anyone who meets the criteria ( That is, Un LE'd and therefore aware of the risks)

It's fair to me.

Bugs Gunny
17-02-06, 14:03
If fetish were to ever disband i'd start roleplaying a cannibal, then all is fair game :angel:

Hell-demon
17-02-06, 14:07
Or roleplay a pirate its fun Bugs try it :D

Spermy
17-02-06, 14:17
Or roleplay a pirate its fun Bugs try it :D

I'm trying to sort out a roleplay character, a rogue angel, but due to zoning rules and gaming mechanics, It's nigh on impossible for me. He's supposed to be a tech terrorist, I'm just finding it hard to work around the system...

That, and everyone knows him as one of my characters within the faction already. :p They won't stop calling me Phayse :p

Hell-demon
17-02-06, 15:09
reroll and you dont have to be a fallen angel to be a tech terrorist

Spermy
17-02-06, 15:48
reroll and you dont have to be a fallen angel to be a tech terrorist

NEVAR!

<---- Angel through and through

Hell-demon
17-02-06, 15:57
well thats ya prob right there have a bit of variety

Kame
17-02-06, 18:21
(you never did explain the crazy "sky vector" shit you were yelling about.) Even your last statement just goes to show what a moronic griefer you are, you purposely hope to make the game not fun for me.... Thanks for making my point dipshit. Youre dismissed.

I fought(killed) a guy called sky vortex that then DMd me and said hed get every CM in game to kill me.
Fine, i led a punitive expedition on CM.

And as i told you, i even took the time to warn you that, as soon as my SI was gone, you were a goner.
You responded with speedgat burst.

You responded with speedgat burst.

I dont even feel like im justifieing myself right now, and i dont need to.

plus i didnt follow you around, YOU CHOOSED TO STAY !

What i dont understand is how someone can be stupid enough to judge someone is griefing them when they can go away and they dont.
Obviously you gotta be somewhat scocialy retarded.

Then again all you can do is make posts on this forum and whine.
These kinds of posts probably make much more to drive ppl out of the game then a tank who wants to kill CM.

Spermy
17-02-06, 18:38
To be fair Saito. Although he doesn't really make his point so elequently. You could have walked away. or failing that, got a bit of help from any of the mercs online.

The fact that you stayed. Well, it was a tad silly eh?

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Give it a rest. Level, and kick his ass.

ZoVoS
17-02-06, 19:57
Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

or just love the pain

^_^

calim
17-02-06, 20:53

I am one of those. Thank you i don't hate you :)

RogerRamjet
17-02-06, 21:08
Fucking hell is everyone still whining?

calim
17-02-06, 21:09
Fucking hell is everyone still whining?

Not really. We add ideas. Read the thread please.

RogerRamjet
17-02-06, 21:11
Ive read the last 2 pages.

Mostly whining going on in there.

calim
17-02-06, 21:41
Ive read the last 2 pages.

Mostly whining going on in there.

It's positiving (erf is it english?). I saw good ideas on this thread.

Saito Hajime
18-02-06, 01:56
To Clarify for Spermy...

The death that I accepted as coming to me was not in any way related to the incident that I was relating in this thread.

[ edited ]

I could've left yes, but I wanted to work on the epic, as i didnt even have a speedgat, I figured that eventually the guy who was hellbent on killing me because of something some other citymerc (i had been city merc for all of 5 minutes, literally) had done would eventually give up on trying to kill me, and untill he did I could use him for a little con exp. As far as those quotes, they were just outrageous things to say to someone who was "ignoring" me.... An idiot with less discipline wouldve responded.

Either way, its a dead issue because there will always be people in this game who will use any justification to play with zero honor. Not saying all PK are that way, or that any PVP outside of op wars is illegitimate, the point of the thread is that its people who get off on the childish ego bullshit and purposely play to wreck other people's playing experience are a big part of why this game will never really have a decently sized playerbase.

Clobber
18-02-06, 02:28
Either way, its a dead issue because there will always be people in this game who will use any justification to play with zero honor. Not saying all PK are that way, or that any PVP outside of op wars is illegitimate, the point of the thread is that its people who get off on the childish ego bullshit and purposely play to wreck other people's playing experience are a big part of why this game will never really have a decently sized playerbase.

I can kill as many 0/2's, people in hunting zones and scam as many people as I want. I nor anyone else need justify it. Its a game and its people like you who need to get off your high horse and stop making cry threads just because you took your LE out didnt understand what that might mean.

Purposely playing to wreck someone elses playing experience? What a load of crap, only person whos playing experience might take a turn for the worse is you, with your whining, crying threads like this.

NERF WHINERS :mad:

Dogface
18-02-06, 02:36
I don't think thats the reason why this game will never be as big as other MMOs out there.
It's not like people look at this game and say to themselves, "nah those players only play to piss people off, I won't play it." Besides, noobs don't get griefing when they join.. Unless they take their LE out, which I don't think many would do in a game they don't understand. I may be wrong. It's not hard to spot bugs/low pops etc etc from the start.

I'd say undersdvertising, bugs, lesser amounts of staff, class imbalance, the unfriendliness towards noobs and the already lower populations are why it won't be big. That's my opinion.

I wish it was a crime not to play Neocron, I love this game but the populations can get excrutiatingly annoying compared to what games like WoW has. Thousands of people across tens and tens of servers.. :(

Lodar
18-02-06, 03:14
Uh-oh...

/me gets out his tookit

..this is going to take a while. Thread closed for surgery.

Lodar
18-02-06, 03:49
Unfortunately, this thread didn't survive the surgery... :(

Closed, due to multiple rule breaks (harassment, flaming and not to mention "Keeping it in-game").