PDA

View Full Version : Idea - Ressers - Is there anything more boring?

Galileo
16-02-06, 00:34
Anything more boring than ressing? I doubt it. CST'ers get all the excitement of having the chance to make a 5 slotter, or an arti rare. Hell, ressing is just click-n-wait. Ressers are a fundamental part of the weapon building process, but there's hardly ever one on (you can't move for CST'ers though).

This may seem irrelevant on Terra since everyone has 4 slots to play with - but I was thinking of maybe a slot chance on res cubes. Game mechanics are for 5 slot max; rares and dropped would therefore be unaffected. Anything built from a TL30 cube, however....

Ressers can make 0, 1 or 2 slot cubes. Chance of a 2 slot cube = same as a 5 slot 'natural' CST. 1 slot = same chance as a 3 slot 'natural' CST.

CST'ers get 3 slots max. with 1 slot = current probability of 1 slot. 2 slots = current 3 slot probability. 3 slots = current 5 slot probability.

Maybe some dynamic in there too for a CST to 'natural' 5 slot something also.

Therefore a res(2 slot) cube works like an SH for the CST'er...guaranteed 2 slots + whatever his 'roll of the dice' comes out as.

Thoughts?

Galileo
16-02-06, 00:41
Ack - Wrong forum, sorry.

pls move to Community

RockStrongo
16-02-06, 04:59
I'm all for this. Nerfs hybrid tradies, which is definately needed, tbh.

Ruoja
16-02-06, 08:20
Sounds like an excellent idea, but maybe they could provide _guaranteed_ slots. And then ppl could spam the trade for "WTB: 3x 5 slot cubes". :angel:

xyl_az
16-02-06, 14:06
awesome idea *****

RusSki
16-02-06, 15:35
yeah that really is a very good idea, and as stated above it would nerf hybrid trade skillers and give ppl a reason to make a pure cst or ress char.

Brammers
16-02-06, 15:52
Interesting idea - I like it. Although I don't quite understand how this would nerf hybrid traders.

One question, how does slot enhancers come into the equation? If you don't know a 0.9 Slot enhancher give you a minimum of 1 slot, 1.5 gives 2 slots minimum, and an Illegal give 3 slots minimum .

Spermy
16-02-06, 16:19
I'd say the same as brammers - I like the idea, but it would probably mean a flood of high quality weapons, with less of the crap. If anything - it would make life easier for consters...

unreal
16-02-06, 16:27
Not to mention a lot cheaper...

Bishop Yutani
16-02-06, 17:14
good idea, although i dont like the idea if it means it would nerf res+csters.

Galileo
16-02-06, 17:15
Hmm, I hadn't thought of Slot Enhancers in to the mix. Can it be that a Slot enhancer would add to the weapon too? So it would be possible to do a 2 slot res cube (+2) + slot enhancer (+3) + CST'ers roll of the dice (+2 for e.g.) = 5 slotter (as in maxed).

I suppose it links in with 'what's the point of Slot enhancers'? Since they are only really used for PPU stuff (OR CST'er doing 1000 Holy Shelters CST's to get the 5 slotter). I mean who would use a 2.0 SE for a TL50 gun? Since higher level chars usually use epics, drops or rares (except maybe Dev Tanks), this idea would make lower level CST'ing better too.

Thinking about it - This idea needs work. Might mean more TL92 pistoleers? And the Hacknet items I hadn't thought about either (since the res cubes are automatically 0 slotters).

I might work on this some more.

Thx for replies so far.

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 18:01
It wouldn't nerf hybrids, it would just make pures better

npinchot
16-02-06, 18:52
It wouldn't make it any easier to get 5 slotted stuff cause it would still be all random. It might even make it harder. If the max slots a cst could get was 3 then you just go through more 2 slot cubes trying to make a 5 slotter. So you do more researching trying to get 2 slot cubes and then more constructing trying to get a 5 slot item. Maybe there's people that love researching or something but I think this idea is really dumb.

FarSight
16-02-06, 19:02
Nice idea but shouldnt be in game due to macroers (sad but true)

With Illegal's (or even 1.5) and macroed 2 slot cubes you got 4-5 sloted PPU holy stuff too easy....