PDA

View Full Version : OP Fighting/Layout Change

braydagner
15-02-06, 04:48
First, some of the OPs look cool in terms of fortification, others don't. But during an OP war, unless the defending team has a heads up, or are defending against a second attack, the fortifications are just for show. Second, why is it that the attacking team has the upper hand in terms of being able to barrel the UG entrance for when the defending team shows up. By the time they are out of sync, they are low health.

My proposition is this: change the way OPs are taken almost entirely.

Here's my idea.

The hackterm is removed from its current position, and instead, there is a sync door to the "systems control rooms" of which there are three. The first room, there is a hackterm, in which must be hacked for another sync door to become unlocked. Once it is, they attacking team may proceed. The second room there is another hack term which must be hacked for the final sync door to become unlocked. In this room, though, there is a UG in which the defending team may zone up through to defend, they may do this at any time, even before that room is unlocked to attacking team. The way they enter this is through the UG. There are 2 other sync doors in the UG; one to the second room, and one to the third (still conflicted to make them clan-only, or have settings like they do for the OP's generep). Once the second hackterm is hacked, the attacking team may move to the third and final room. Hacknet remains the same.

What this does is turn the tides compeltely - now the defending team can actually set up defensive positions and wait for the attacking team to push forward.

Make these rooms huge, something like the juggernaut facility, high ceilings definately, and also some bunkers/objects where the defending team can obtain the upper hand.

I was thinking about this idea today at work, and I just had to share and gets everyone's opinion on it. Thoughts?

Torg
15-02-06, 12:00
just remove the UG GR. its been way more fun without.

Bozz-Von Mel
15-02-06, 12:36
The different rooms sound cool. I have always wanted to see the entrances to OP's closed by some sort of door. Perhaps even a door or gate that has to be hacked or destroyed. It would also be cool if turrets could be manned kind of like the guns of a vehicle. Even place turrets in towers along the walls. This might force clans to drop troops in via vehicles or hoverbombers. Anything to extend the fight beyond the usual APU/PPU team is welcome to me.

The attack could be initiated by arial bombardment from hoverbombers. Or a Rhino and Moonie tanks attempting to blow up the entrance door. Turrets respond to the attack, no matter the faction. Some sort of aggro AI. Clan is alerted and GR into the OP. Instead of hacking alone, defense systems have to be taken out in order to capture the OP. Once the OP is taken new defense systems have to be installed by constructors and door (gate) has to be repaired by remote repair tool. With an effective defense even a small clan could avoid the zerg, though I am sure there will be new ways to zerg. Defences could vary by OP type. Fortress' being stronger ect.

Enough of this boring stuff nobody will read.

rob444
15-02-06, 14:13
Enough of this boring stuff nobody will read.

I read :p. Great ideas btw, much more fun that you have to hack doors etc. to get access.

CMaster
15-02-06, 14:35
OP system needs caning. Some good ideas out there. No futher comment at this time.

F3Speech
15-02-06, 14:58
Yeah, somit needs doing. atm the defending team are at a big disadvantage.
Why theres not multiply exit points from the UG I dont know... would be a simple quick fix... as well as adding some passive faction scanning to the op entrance's (the turrets know who to attack so what cant a system just report emeny runner using op) so the defending clan has a bit of a heads up. Even if the enemy runner isnt there to hack they will have to be on their toes :lol:

RusSki
15-02-06, 15:38
How about having 2 ugs in an op, but they are not connected so ppl can't go in one and come out of the other.
remove gr's from both and put a gogo in one. and trader npcs in the other

Tratos
15-02-06, 16:01
I think the added sync doors would turn OP fights in to even worse sync wars which they currently are with the UG abuse, i think it was FN who suggested having hackable doors in a building in the op which they had a ramp decending around into the UG meaning that the UG would be part of that map so thered be no syncing at all during OP fights and to take cover players of the owning clan would need to open the doors and run down to the UG.

RusSki
15-02-06, 16:07
but with timers stopping ppl zoning up and zoning straight back down

Tratos
15-02-06, 16:13
but with timers stopping ppl zoning up and zoning straight back down
there wouldnt be any zoning, just the opening and closing of doors only the OP owner can get into, unless of course it's hacked open by an attacker, then the deffending clan have no chance to be fully at ease down there as an attack force could hack though at any time plus during the firefights if the deffenders attempt to restreat they risk letting the opposition into the underground area.

Like the access buttons on clan appartments.

Richard Slade
15-02-06, 16:45
I'll be happy as long as KK fixes ANYTHING AT ALL..

Which I'm at the moment not really optimistic about..

Logan_storm_03
15-02-06, 17:39
Just simply make it when you first right click the UG, you get a 10 second countdown (verifiing ID or something and a 10 second countdown in the chat box) after that they have 2 seconds the rightclick to enter, and if they move around it cancels the ID scan.