PDA

View Full Version : symp missions

giga191
14-02-06, 23:36
I did one and went from -51 to -50. Is that supposed to be some kind of joke? You can't even take on those mobs unless you have a ppu with you, and any type of none offensive char such as ppus or tradeskillers can't even do the mission.

pabz
14-02-06, 23:39
I did one and went from -51 to -50. Is that supposed to be some kind of joke? You can't even take on those mobs unless you have a ppu with you, and any type of none offensive char such as ppus or tradeskillers can't even do the mission.

Another failure from KK, these missions should give 20 times as much symph at minus sl. It takes soooo long to kill those aggresors. Its not worth it for 1 measly symph.

giga191
14-02-06, 23:50
just another idea that KK didn't test / think thru at all

npinchot
14-02-06, 23:53
Yea all you get is 1 symp. It is definitely not worth doing. Better for like 2-3 days just don't kill any of the faction you wanna get symp for. Or leave your guy afk over night for a day or two. Your symp will go back up to 10 for hostile factions by itself. After that you can do easy missions and at 28 symp kill agressors. I was able to switch my apu from CS to DRE in about 4 hours after killing 8 million sewer bees and flies and about 50 agressors. I have learned that in the future I will just buy a gaya glove.

CMaster
14-02-06, 23:59
Yea all you get is 1 symp. It is definitely not worth doing. Better for like 2-3 days just don't kill any of the faction you wanna get symp for. Or leave your guy afk over night for a day or two. Your symp will go back up to 10 for hostile factions by itself. After that you can do easy missions and at 28 symp kill agressors. I was able to switch my apu from CS to DRE in about 4 hours after killing 8 million sewer bees and flies and about 50 agressors. I have learned that in the future I will just buy a gaya glove.

Actually, you don't even need to worry about the not killing part, save inplaces you'd lose soulight. If I was transferinf from say PP to TG, I could kill as many TGs as I wanted (excluding caves/appartments) right up until the moment I joined the faction. Dumb.

Scaramanga
15-02-06, 01:32
Dumb.

/signed

Well, that and quite afew other ideas implemeted lately.

Mr Kot
15-02-06, 02:24
just another idea that KK didn't test / think thru at all
Test? Yes.

Think thru? Not by someone who plays a lot, it seems.

Bugs Gunny
15-02-06, 08:54
Tested? NO

I tested it, with ap pu it takes forever, with snipers you're dead, with a rhino the rhino blows up in seconds, using a bomber the bomber can just park between the mobs and hardly get hit as you press the firebutton for an hour.

Brammers
15-02-06, 11:46
The mobs you have to kill for the FS missions, I aggree are a little overpowered.

If you look at it from the view of the faction, they see a runner with -ve FS. That means the runner has a history of hostilities against the faction. He is scum to the faction. They don't want him their faction, unless he is really going to prove that he can be of value to the faction. I remember. So I think 1 FS per mission is right.

I agree with Cmaster that you shouldn't be able to get 50 FS in TG while you are PP, and then go on a TG killing spree, and then join TG. If you kill enermy runners, yes you should get SL and FS for your own faction, but you should also loose a little FS in the faction that you just attacked and killed.

giga191
15-02-06, 14:05
The mobs you have to kill for the FS missions, I aggree are a little overpowered.

If you look at it from the view of the faction, they see a runner with -ve FS. That means the runner has a history of hostilities against the faction. He is scum to the faction.
or he accidentally barreled someone in a cave. The SL system doesn't distinguish between self defence, accidents, attempts by other people to deliberately make your SL bad, or you just pking someone on purpose.

Bugs Gunny
15-02-06, 14:26
Brammers, and in a roleplay sense, someone meditating for 2 weeks in techhaven clears their depts to the faction?

It's a lot less annoying and actualy faster playtime/day wise to let your char idle till he's +10, than it is to do the missions. Cmon, 1fs for one hour of hardcore fighting?

CMaster
15-02-06, 14:34
Those missions are erm, rather rubbish. I can't really see any way of doing it other than being buttplugged or using a bomber.

Of course, you only reallly need to do them these days because of the symp you have from figghting in anarchy zones pre 2.1...

Richard Slade
15-02-06, 16:52
If you hadn't fubared your symp in the first place you wouldn't have such a problem..
Sure as hell the faction ain't gonna love you just because you kill a few mobs..

RP people, RP

SorkZmok
15-02-06, 17:16
If you hadn't fubared your symp in the first place you wouldn't have such a problem..
Sure as hell the faction ain't gonna love you just because you kill a few mobs..

RP people, RPI rolled Kapow years ago. His symps are fubared from playing the game as intended. And now with changed rules i am the one fucked over? I got -95 to -99 with every anti city faction. If he was made after the change and i would've played him as i just did all my time before, he would be fine and i could join pretty much any faction i wanted.

I haven't got a flatrate to idle in TH for weeks. And i sure as hell won't spend every minute of my playing time over the next week running those stupid missions.

Make em give a random amount between 1 and 5 points and then nerf those goddamn mobs so you can actually solo them. Because i hate to rely on PPUs at anything i do.

giga191
15-02-06, 17:17

RP people, RP playability > RP any day. I've alrdy mentioned how the current FS system is flawed and they didnt reset symps after 2.1.

Brammers
15-02-06, 17:57
Brammers, and in a roleplay sense, someone meditating for 2 weeks in techhaven clears their depts to the faction?

It's a lot less annoying and actualy faster playtime/day wise to let your char idle till he's +10, than it is to do the missions. Cmon, 1fs for one hour of hardcore fighting?

2 weeks = 140 days ingame time. Takes about 2 days to idle from -30 odd to 10.

Here is one idea. Introduce Faction Sympathy Lawyers. For FS from -99 to -50 you pay 100,000 per FS point upfront for him to argue your innocence and pleas for forgiveness with the faction and the lawyer service only be used once.

Each ingame day, you get one FS point whether you are actually playing or not. However if you kill a faction member (Including accidents - remember with -50 FS you are still not trusted by the faction) the case is thrown out, and you get the normal FS penalty.

Then from -50 to +10 you got the choice of those very hard missions or meditating on your new future with your new faction.

giga191
15-02-06, 18:02
2 weeks = 140 days ingame time. Takes about 2 days to idle from -30 odd to 10.

Here is one idea. Introduce Faction Sympathy Lawyers. For FS from -99 to -50 you pay 100,000 per FS point upfront for him to argue your innocence and pleas for forgiveness with the faction and the lawyer service only be used once.

Each ingame day, you get one FS point whether you are actually playing or not. However if you kill a faction member (Including accidents - remember with -50 FS you are still not trusted by the faction) the case is thrown out, and you get the normal FS penalty.

Then from -50 to +10 you got the choice of those very hard missions or meditating on your new future with your new faction. why are you so against people changing factions?

Brammers
15-02-06, 18:15
why are you so against people changing factions?

I'm not, and can I suggest you read my suggestion again.

The bit I'll spell out is within 5 days (Real time) of paying the Lawyer, whether you are ingame or not your FS will be -50 and not -99

The question should be why are you not prepared to put in the time to fix the FS, when it was you who screwed it up?

giga191
15-02-06, 19:29
I'm not, and can I suggest you read my suggestion again.

The bit I'll spell out is within 5 days (Real time) of paying the Lawyer, whether you are ingame or not your FS will be -50 and not -99

The question should be why are you not prepared to put in the time to fix the FS, when it was you who screwed it up?

The SL system doesn't distinguish between self defence, accidents, attempts by other people to deliberately make your SL bad, or you just pking someone on purpose.

Besides, i don't care how you like you spend your time, but it just seems like there's no reason why it should be so hard/costly to switch to another faction. If i had -99 symp with a faction for whatever reason that may be, it would cost me 4.9 mil and 5 days just to get my symp down to -50. Then i would have start doing those poorly designed mission which would take at least and hour each with a PPU (assuming that i have setup my resists right and that i i'm a char that is made to kill stuff). Not everyone has all those resources (including time) available to them.

Brammers
15-02-06, 20:51
Then perhaps you would like to outline your ideas and ways of changing factions when you have -99 FS.

giga191
15-02-06, 21:24
Then perhaps you would like to outline your ideas and ways of changing factions when you have -99 FS. you could take the symp reqs off all missions for a start, and make them give more symp than they currently do at lower symps. The anarchy breed agressor mission is perfect apart from that they kill you too quickly and that you get fuck all symp for so much work. Maybe it wouldnt be such a bad idea to put a different cap on how low your symp can go.

Brammers
15-02-06, 22:57
you could take the symp reqs off all missions for a start, and make them give more symp than they currently do at lower symps. The anarchy breed agressor mission is perfect apart from that they kill you too quickly and that you get fuck all symp for so much work. Maybe it wouldnt be such a bad idea to put a different cap on how low your symp can go.

:wtf: Take off the FS reqs and have everyone doing TL150 RES missions... I don't think so.

Change the agreesor mission to give more FS, maybe. Even if it gave you 5 FS a time, it would still take 10 hours to go down from -99 to -50 (Based on Bugs's times.)

I still say, if you want to join the Faction, you got to prove yourself you are worthy of joining the faction.

Clobber
16-02-06, 01:11
They should just go back to the old way for now.

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 01:56
Seriously, whenever someone says they're gonna do the missions, i just laugh and say... "see you afk in techhaven".

It's the only viable way of gaining fs, then at 8 start doing sewer bee missions etc.

Pantho
16-02-06, 03:47
ive only attempted to do them once, we was in a group 2 tanks a 2 HC Pe's

just got abour 2 left when i died :( , nvr tried again