PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Man Goes Bankrupt Building Starship Voyager Home

sanityislost
14-02-06, 21:55
Wow i thought the star trek freaks couldnt get any worse...i was so wrong :lol:

Clicky (http://www.uberreview.com/2006/02/man-goes-bankrupt-building-starship.htm)

SiL ..:..

Scaramanga
14-02-06, 23:15
Think a Neocron style app for a study would be much easier.......
Hrm....

Richard Slade
15-02-06, 00:33
Think a Neocron style app for a study would be much easier.......
Hrm....
I got a DoY apt more or less

cRazy-
15-02-06, 00:40
A DOY apartment style room wouldnt cost anything, youd just have to destroy most of the room and tip some chairs over.

Super Mario
15-02-06, 00:42
Also his wife left him when he turned the fridge into a warp core :D

Agent L
15-02-06, 02:01
Warp coil, not core.
I really wouldn't let you operate my transporter...

Pantho
15-02-06, 02:32
A DOY apartment style room wouldnt cost anything, youd just have to destroy most of the room and tip some chairs over.

Hmmm,,, :D i have a DOY App room then :p

Super Mario
15-02-06, 03:53
Sorry COIL... you gotta gimme a break as i heard the story on an Irish Radio station while at work.

There hard enough to understand as it is let alone on the raido with background noise. (I did think he said coil but tbh a core would look much better ;) )

Super M

BombShell
15-02-06, 04:34
So he didnt relize most trekkie fans live with their moms.

cant belive he wanted 2mill from a group that probly doesnt hav the money other then the moms basement.

Foxtrot
15-02-06, 07:03
WTF, yea my dorms worse than a doy apartment. atleast they have 2 stories.

rob444
15-02-06, 08:52
Yeah I remember this apartment being sold on ebay a long way back, was pretty nice :>

Drake6k
15-02-06, 10:02
I bet I could build a fucking amazing, original, star-anything apartment for less than 2 mil.

Dribble Joy
15-02-06, 15:58
after his wife left him when he replaced the refrigerator with a 'warp coil'.

Class.

jini
15-02-06, 17:00
Dr0ms and Shatn0rz...

Aaaaaahhhh I wanted soo much to say this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: finally now its my chance

Heavyporker
15-02-06, 17:48
Actually, I contemplated making Neocron furniture, starting with one of the DoY-style tables with the light rod in the center. I even got the perfect light-rod for it, planned the sizes. Only snag was what materials to use for the table.

Now, I know that table in the DoY starter apt was filthy, but still, I couldn't even BEGIN to guess at the material. Probably some sort of plastic composite. I'm not sure I could get wood (easy way out - cheap and easy to cut) to look like it.

I even started planning out the plaza-style table, the one with one leg way off to the side. I solved the mounting problem (ordinarily, you'd have to bolt the damn thing to the table) by planning to use a large pane of clear plexiglass (or tempered glass) to provide stability (think of it as a bracket =| , top is table, bottom is the clear glass, so it only looks like it is on one leg.)

Sadly, I didn't really start on either, because I can't get any fucking momentum. Lack of space in the house isn't helping either. Still, there's a carpentry lab on campus, so I *could*.