Please add if im not telling true o_O
Hacker posibilities
1. Hack suply, armor, weapon and other boxes
2. Hack Dors
3. Hack outpost's
4. Hack Belts
5. Hack and download Faction Item's
6. Traveling true genne replicator from 1 place to other

1.- usualy not worthless becouse havnt found enything good. (who knaws maby im rong)
2.- Usualy dors (for me) was in sewers, some other places but not very usefull
3.- Autpost's its for clan gaming (im alone)
4.- Belts (have 140 HC but havnt hacked any belt till this moment :() Can i find something worthless in belts ?
5.- Is this usefull becouse creating new character and get HC till lvl 50 or 100 takes about 3-5 days. and u dont need to hack or fight for downloading. Is it worhtles ?
6.- Traveling in maintance nice and safe (inough) but make hacker only for this ?
add if im wrong or dont knaw about something 8|

Bugs Gunny
14-02-06, 13:26
Some quick answers to your questions:

1. Hack suply, armor, weapon and other boxes (USELESS)
2. Hack Dors (GOOD IF IT'S A CAVE LIKE JUGGERNAUT FAC)
3. Hack outpost's (CLANS WILL LOVE YOU)
4. Hack Belts (YOUR BANK WILL LOVE YOU)
5. Hack and download Faction Item's (A 0/2 CAN DO THIS)
6. Traveling true genne replicator from 1 place to other (GOOD IF YOU'RE CM)

The magical number for hacking is 110. Go over it and things start becomming harder. Below 100 it's realy realy hard to hack belts.

So, now we want to hack belts and warbots, here's a few "dirty tricks".

1. Timer/Speedhacking:
This is what's refered to when we use the timer and our mind to beat the computer. What we do is, we don't drop nodes at the start, no we wait off the timer till it's down to 14-15 seconds, during which time we "plan" our attack. Then move all the way down as fast as possible and drop your planned nodes. By the time the computer is halfway back up he'll have half his nodes left and the timer ran out for him. It will let you hack 100soullight belts with 110 hack in 5-10 attempts.

2. Traphacking:
This is something that you'll get dmed for afterwards.
The objective is to hack a belt in 10-14 seconds (a lot of people will call you a cheater or a haxxor if you do this).
Instead of waiting off the timer, we look at a node that connects to something the computer has to spend 4-5 to get back, preferably close to the top.
If you find this, drop your first node there asap, the computer will then start filling he node, losing 4-5 of his pulses. Then you drop another one forcing him to spend his last pulses and you then start dropping yours as fast as possible getting a total of 10.
This hacking tactic is often used in red sl belts, since they are easy to hack and people will try to get it back from under your nose.
Also it's used for "stealing" warbothacks.

cMz
14-02-06, 14:03
1. Supply boxes sometimes has something usefull in them. I found Stealth III tools and other equipment that could be sold for some nice money.
The boxes in TH level-3 sewers can be good. The ones in the end room, with a door you need to hack.

4. Belts can contain nice things. You are supposed to drop one of your 10 most valuable things in your belt when you die (from quickbelt, armor and inventory)

5. Faction database is not made properly, as when you get the blueprint from the database, you will still need to get the construction license to build the damn thing.
To get the codebreakers, you will need to kill 60/60 mobs, so a 0/2 might have a hard time getting items from factions they dont belong to.

6. Not only if you are CM. I use Hacknet to travel on most of my chars (FA). Just put 20 points in HCK and you are ready to go. Cant remember if it is 20 or 30 to enter HackNet. Just dont try shooting at anything. Run as fast as you can.

nemiga
14-02-06, 15:46
I have calculated that if i change skills from psi use to hacking + implant + "ufs" + drugs, for this moment i can have about 180 skill point, and if i try to survive with belt hacking inough long can i be rich ? or usefull for clan ?

Bugs Gunny
14-02-06, 16:33
Read my post again, a ppu only needs 110 selfbuffed to hack all oplayers and hack all belts.

In fact if you go up to 180, good luck you'll probably not be able to hack any belts.

cMz
14-02-06, 17:00
More than the 110-120 HCK is not usefull if you are not a HackNet runner.
All other things can be done with the 110-120 HCK.

I think you only need more than that if you want to cap the highest TL HackNet weapons.

Bugs Gunny
14-02-06, 17:11
165hack and 135tc caps all lvl3 software for a hacknet spy.

unreal
14-02-06, 21:20
There's a slight glitch with the hacking logic. If you make the computer use up 4 pulses on a nasty node, and the computer has say 2 or 3 pulses left to use, you can make the computer use up those pulses on the same node even though it can NEVER be taken. You simply use one of your pulses on the same spot again while the computer is 'paying attention' (while the computers pulse lights are still active) to it.

Random note on more screwed logic; some of you should have noticed that if you quickly spam all your pulses down and take a load of nodes the computer stops trying to take them back after the first or second node and just sits there till the timer runs out. If this was sorted out, it would make hacking a skillful little game, the way it should be.

Kame
15-02-06, 09:20
You can also fuck the PC up by timing it out.

On hacks that are very hard you just take (idealy) a 1 for you/2 more for AI.
Then u wait until you have about 5 secs left and take all the nodes you need to succed.
The AI doesnt have time to input em in and then u open it.

Altough a bit long, this method is good for very hard belts.

Richard Slade
15-02-06, 16:49
If you totally wanna mess up,
hack a GR and when the time runs out quickly press the LMB, if you're fast enough another hackgame will start and you'll crash ^^

(Consider this a bugrport too btw :p)

fjutte
16-02-06, 17:38
Read my post again, a ppu only needs 110 selfbuffed to hack all oplayers and hack all belts.

In fact if you go up to 180, good luck you'll probably not be able to hack any belts.

How will it be harder to hack belts with more than 110 HCK? I don't get it..

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 17:44
Just like it's possible that tl50ish spells do more dammage than rare weapons.

fjutte
16-02-06, 17:48
Just like it's possible that tl50ish spells do more dammage than rare weapons.

Damn! Do you never sleep Bugs? :P

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 17:51
Hey, i'm at work, i have 17 windows open, one of them being forums, two of them being remote desktops to servers.
It's not like i'm doing work at a production line, sometimes it gets bussy some moments i just sit and stare, dreaming of large busted ladies and champagne.....

fjutte
16-02-06, 17:55
Hey, i'm at work, i have 17 windows open, one of them being forums, two of them being remote desktops to servers.
It's not like i'm doing work at a production line, sometimes it gets bussy some moments i just sit and stare, dreaming of large busted ladies and champagne.....

LMAO! Sounds like you've got the perfect job ;)

Bugs Gunny
16-02-06, 17:57
Nah, that would be if large busted ladies would be serving me champagne at work while i had 17 windows open :D