PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Offline Demo- Nostalgia at its best

Hell-demon
13-02-06, 03:03
This thing is still out there on the net, grab it at fileplanet if you can.

I recommend it so much. Have a little replay and be amazed at how much has changed :eek:

I don't know why but playing it always provokes those old NC1 feelings. You feel imersed in a cyber punk world and all your memories flood back.

The offline demo was what got me into NC, then the beta then retail. Honestly folks dig this thing up and have a quick play through :)

MkVenner
13-02-06, 04:28
I played it not too long ago actuallly, it's still cool, brings back memories :p

Apocalypsox
13-02-06, 05:33
Actually it is still ingame- make a new character and it asks if you want to run through the tutorial. TBH i wish the real game was like the tutorial, its so much more responsive. everytime i play it it feels like it picks something up on brain waves or something, seems like it is in my inventory before my right mouse button is fully depressed. Of coarse it could just be my ping and living in the US.

MkVenner
13-02-06, 06:10
Actually it is still ingame- make a new character and it asks if you want to run through the tutorial. TBH i wish the real game was like the tutorial, its so much more responsive. everytime i play it it feels like it picks something up on brain waves or something, seems like it is in my inventory before my right mouse button is fully depressed. Of coarse it could just be my ping and living in the US.

That's different I think, the offline demo was like a mini-singleplayer FPS, where NC is getting attacked by TG. You start off in some underground facility and you have to fight your way up and out to Plaza 1. That is unless that changed the tutorial, I played through it at the beginning becase Danae said to because she did the voice-over or something lol. But iirc that one comprised of some mission in an OZ zone, and eventually getting arrested by STORM-bots?

jini
13-02-06, 07:48
That's different I think, the offline demo was like a mini-singleplayer FPS, where NC is getting attacked by TG. You start off in some underground facility and you have to fight your way up and out to Plaza 1. That is unless that changed the tutorial, I played through it at the beginning becase Danae said to because she did the voice-over or something lol. But iirc that one comprised of some mission in an OZ zone, and eventually getting arrested by STORM-bots?
that's indeed very different. Can you give us a link mate? I have played this god knows since when. It's entirelly different than what we have ingame.

Ok i found it in fileplanet and d/l it.
I suggest everyone, especially those that never experienced how nc1 was looking like to d/l it and try it. It's a wonderfull trip to the past, and a chance to see how much have changed in the game since. It's also a very nice chance for the art department to finally give us some more detailed models closely matcing what we see in this demo. Highly recommend, thank you Hell Demon for the wake up of memories...

@bugs: go get i w/o hesitation

Hell-demon
13-02-06, 12:19
Alot of those offline demo maps have been reused for NC2, if ya check some of the noob run missions you'll see the smugglers cave or what ever its called is the old rail tracks you fight bats in the demo, the cryo chamber place is for the medic proffesion the map where ya gotta inject critters.

Also lets not forget the pretty blue swirly is now MC5's trademark (although a lump of turd could be mc5's trademark).

It's a very nice trip down nostalgia lane. Lets see who can cap their con, get the most cash and imps in the demo :D

p.s I wish KK would used the destroyed plaza map or at least have an event abit like it where TG are spraying their logos and ruined buildings are the norm.

Tratos
13-02-06, 12:38
I love the NC 1 demo <3 the fact theres a bit of pepper park right in Plaza 1 is sweet since the Twister is there where the con centre should be :D iirc.

Offline demo is great, played it a few times and the was the STORMs actually talk to you is mint.

Neocron needs more voice actors for epic missions and stuff :D that would own.

Hell-demon
13-02-06, 12:41
You can change your clothes and the colour of them!

Bugs Gunny
13-02-06, 13:23
Jini, my therapist advised against me downloading and playing it.
It would bring back too many memories and i'd go on an uncontrolable sadness induced killing spree.

Hell-demon
13-02-06, 13:29
so why not download it then? :D

jini
13-02-06, 13:31
Jini, my therapist advised against me downloading and playing it.
It would bring back too many memories and i'd go on an uncontrolable sadness induced killing spree.
You won't believe it, but I'm stuck in smugglers cave, and I cant move on... rofl.

landofcake
13-02-06, 14:02
I remember this too, it's what made me want to play NC.

I seem to remember thinking 'wow, this is alot like Deus Ex' ;)

I seem to be having trouble getting the download page at fileplanet to load though.

Spoon
13-02-06, 16:55
Agent Parker, Neocrons' first overpowered PE.....
Wasn't he overspecced too?

:lol:

Stormbot's with RGC's, ftw....
And the loot from the TG's in the subway rocked....

I got the Offline Demo on CD around here somewhere, I should dig it out...

Bishop Yutani
13-02-06, 17:18
hey so i guess this could be the next best thing to actually playing online since C2P is fuKKing me over...

Spermy
13-02-06, 17:20
Link?

MkVenner
13-02-06, 17:37
Bosh
http://www.fileplanet.com/110059/110000/fileinfo/Neocron-Offline-Demo-Tutorial-v1.01

Paper Dragon
13-02-06, 17:55
I forget the name of the weapon, but isn't the PE in the demo referenced in the gun's history blurb thingy?

It says something about a CityAdmin agent killed in the streets during a Twilight Guardian raid.

Hell-demon
13-02-06, 17:56
Its the rare rocket launcher.