PDA

View Full Version : few basic questions..fees etc.

voodoo47
12-02-06, 21:01
..been browsing the forum for a while but couldnt find anything really helpful.I'm downloading the free trial right now and I have a few questions:

-how much will it cost? I assume there is an activation fee and a monthly fee,but I couldnt find any exact numbers anywhere.
-can I have more characters? is there an additional fee?
-is it possible to "freeze" the account (when I dont want to play for a longer period of time,say month or two),and reactivate it later?

thanks for your answers..

Napalm82
12-02-06, 22:04
First question: No idea, but as i have said many other times you can save quite a buck if you buy the boxed version ansted of just upgrading the trial account.

question 2: There are some different servers (4 of em) most popular is Terra the international server, on that server you have 4 char. slots so up to 4 chars on that server (Unless you buy another account)

question 3: Yes, if you cancel your account you can later re-activate it aand your chars will be just where you left them (Dont think theres a re-activation fee besides the monthly fee, yet i dont know)

My best advice would be: try the trial for the full 10 days to get your bearing, if you really like the game, cancel that account on the 10'th day (You will get charged for the full game + monthly fees on the 11'th day) then buy the boxed version, either at your local game store if they have it, or order it from the internet.

You wont be able to use the chars you made in the trial period that way but it will be a lot cheaper.

Also when you DO get in-game you can write your char name here on the forums or PM me and i'll try to help you out as much as possible with tips, weaponry and maybe a guide if needed be, do be warned tho this offer is only for pro-city factions and city mercs ;)

- Nap

voodoo47
12-02-06, 23:58
thanks.looks good so far..but there is no chance I could buy it in a local store.hmm..can you recommend a good online shop that ships to central Europe? never bought anything online (except for ebay),I have no idea where to search..

Nixon
13-02-06, 00:27
Download the game?

Dribble Joy
13-02-06, 00:28
Amazon.co.uk should have it and be able to ship it to you.

voodoo47
13-02-06, 00:37
ok,found this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8257568424&category=11047).good enough?

Dribble Joy
13-02-06, 00:45
Well it appears to be from a reputable source, up to you.

Richard Slade
13-02-06, 01:02
First of all: Where the heck are you?
Some stores sell the game for 2 bucks...
(seriously)

Second, you can have 4 chars and they're without extra fees
Also if you stop playing for a year like me, you'll still have your chars

voodoo47
13-02-06, 01:16
good to hear :)

where the hell is right.small country named Slovakia,its in central Europe (http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/lo.html).pc games dont sell too well around here,as they are extremely expensive.that means local stores wont offer anything but the most popular ones (such as half life2).if you want to get something bit out of ordinary,you are pretty much screwed..

Brew
13-02-06, 03:59
whatever you do, don't use click2pay for your payment method, trust me on this

even IF they get your shit right, they charge the neocron fee as a "cash advance" which most credit cards affix an additional fee on

voodoo47
13-02-06, 11:16
are there some alternative methods of payment? paypal would be optimal,as I have used it before,and I still have a fully working account..

voodoo47
15-02-06, 22:23
ok,problems.I have tried to register my card with click2pay,but it wont work.first thing,when I try to register,some fields in "your adress" space are incorrect,and I cant change them:
http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/8117/pay9rc.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

no way I'm moving to baden-wurmberg in germany I'm afraid.second thing,after correctly filling in the rest of my details (not displayed on the image of course),the check will result in invalid card number message.and I know I have the correct numbers,as this card works with paypal perfectly.anyway,this is just a minor annoyance,as the game is already on its way,but I would be great if I could try out the game before i pay the activation/first month fee.

I had a look at he alternative payment option (for the boxed version),and following methods are available:

Pay By Cash (through the mail)
e-Gold
Gold Money
Money Order / Cashiers Check by Mail
MoneyBookers
NETeller
paysafecard
TravelersExpress MoneyGram
WebMoney Transfer
Western Union QuickPay

any recommendations? no idea which one is the best.

as for the monthly fee,it seems like its 12.99 euro.correct?

and one last thig: seems like there are rumors about paypal support going around.is it true? paypal support would be great.

blackpheonix
15-02-06, 22:46
im not to sure about your pay by cash options i used splash plastic but thats coz im in uk but atm there isnt paypal support