PDA

View Full Version : [AI] A Question and an Idea.

Tratos
12-02-06, 17:07
Now, i know that if you attack something or somthing that doesnt like you sees you - it will attack you and follow you, in the case of guards and human based NPCs they will run after you.

Now is it possible to get NPCs to do the opposite and literally run away from you? lol

An idea i've just had while thinking were NPCs could go in various sectors of the cities and thinking about Bug's SL 101 thread.

All sectors with a HQ should have roaming employees/various npcs of that faction as well as NPC citizens who arnt armed, when they get close enough to an enemy or hostile NPC/player they should turn and leg it on a pre defined path, which they'd be following anyway when walking around the sector, if its possible it would own if they could run to lifts in that sector open the doors and despawn.

This would add - i feel - a bit of random hilarity and certianly some atmosphere to the cities, especially if employee NPCs traveled from their HQ (spawning at the zone point) to an appartment lift within the zone and then despawning at the lift pannel.

I know this goes off the heavily brought up roaming NPC idea but i do think having NPCs run away would be pretty funny :p

I know it would require alot and KK is sorting other things at the moment but its just an idea which i thought up while drinking tea and wandering the dome.

Dribble Joy
12-02-06, 17:15
Need more NPCs in general anyway and more dynamic quests where they move about, so yeah, no issue here.

Mr Kot
12-02-06, 17:18
Sounds like a good idea. It's similar to certain "timid" NPCs like Black Lily or general whores who duck and cover their heads when you draw a weapon near them.

And who can forget the chat spam in MB in NC1, where the hooker by the GR would fill your screen with "No! No! Leave me alone!"