PDA

View Full Version : [OT]Cameron gets the wrong idea...

Spermy
12-02-06, 14:41
Terminator-director James Cameron has revealed in an interview with BusinessWeek that his new film, Project 880, will be preceded by a release of a massively multiplayer online game. The screenplay is still in development, but Cameron hopes to have the game in development soon.

According to the Gamasutra report, Cameron hopes that the game will be released by 2008.

"So much of literary sci-fi is about creating worlds that are rich and detailed and make sense at a social level," Cameron said to BusinessWeek. "We'll create a world for people and then later present a narrative in that world."

"You're seeing what hundreds of thousands of people in this game environment can create," said the director, who currently holds a position on the board of MMO developer Multiverse, a development assistance company which aids in producing a game based on designers' ideas in return for a portion of the subscription fees. "You are exploring the interaction of technology and the human imagination," says Cameron, "and you play it out in a highly competitive, fast-paced interaction."

The title of the game reminds me of my Harmony 880 home theater remote, but given how much I like it, anything with "880" in the title has to be at least worth a look, right?

Oh dear.

Dribble Joy
12-02-06, 15:17
Hmmmmmm....

Apocalypsox
12-02-06, 18:56
...i cant wait to see how much of a flop this game is going to be :D

Scaramanga
12-02-06, 20:18
I wonder how the writers will artistically interpret Spawn camping and trash talking.

Brad Pitt: "Dude, I'm level 6, wtf?"

Charlton Heston: "OMFG you fucking nib Turrets>u STFUBBQ!!!!111!!11eleven"