PDA

View Full Version : Maxed out hacker problems!?

Enter
11-02-06, 20:43
Hi!
I have a hacker that capped INTL with 175 in hack.
I got 7 probes(nodes?) to hack with (the things U crack locks/belts and such with)

Then I've done some implants wich gave me a total of 223 in hack
But still I have 7 probes???
I cant hack the high lvl soul belts, and still Ive read that it should be no problem with this much in hack!

Can someone explain why I dont get more probes(nodes) than 7 with 223 in hack??

F3Speech
11-02-06, 21:36
Ive had similar problems, I have around 170 hacking and i get 7 'nodes' (ive had 7 for a very long time I dont thin you get more) also I can honistly say I think hacking has got harder since I lommed alot into hacking for hacknet stats.

Definaitely something that needs looking at... O_o

Enter
11-02-06, 21:40
Ok. I never tried hack a SL 100 belt with this much in hack but with 175 it was impossible.

Does the lines get easier with more hack above 100 instead of the increasing of nodes?
Ive tried it with the TL 150 hacktool but no difference

Spermy
11-02-06, 22:32
Seems to be a flippoint around the 125 zone. Not entirely sure on this, as I don't play a hacker character very often.

Mr Kot
12-02-06, 05:31
Ok. I never tried hack a SL 100 belt with this much in hack but with 175 it was impossible.Dude, you can hack a 100SL belt with 120 hck. It's not how much hck you have; there is a skill factor involved as well.

The hack pattern you get is somewhat randomly generated, but i have done 100SL belts on the first attempt before now. Other times, it does take a few attempts to get a feasible hack.

Admittedly, there do appear to have been some stealth changes to hacking with evol 2.1

7 nodes is the most you will ever have, even though the computer has 8 with 0 hck on a really difficult target. Balancing, anyone?