PDA

View Full Version : [THN] Clan & Faction Forum Service.

Tratos
11-02-06, 16:26
Back in the days of Neocron 1 and Pluto the Tech Haven Network was home to almost all of the Fallen Angels clans of the time and along with that there was an active Fallen Angels only forum used to organise events, discuss world and faction politics as well as various bits of roleplay between the clans to organise meetings and keep contact out of game for those times when Tech Haven needed to be deffended.

With Neocron 2 and the THNs new frontend - including the rares database which alot of you use - the stance of the THN was altered to suit the story ingame, basicly the site became a neutral source of information and now displays information for both alliances and even advertises both cities organisations.

After talking to Brammers i've come to the forums to see what interest there is in forums for Factions and Clans over at the THN, the faction forums will be monitored at the request of its users as well as the usegroups which can see them and members will be moved and removed when needed. If there are enough members of a faction interested we can create the forum and set them on their way. In regards to clan forums control will be given mainly to the clan leader and only the clan usergroup and the main administrative account at the THN will be able to see them making them 99.9% private as clan forums will go unseen by the THN Admin unless the clan leader or members contact us for what ever reason.

Clan forums will be named at the request of a clan leader and changed if needed after time - the only limitation on clan forums we currently have is that the clan must have more than 4 active players (Not characters) to set up with us.

So please if you are interested post in this thread or contact us on the Tech Haven Network and after a few minor changes to the forums we will begin the process of handling clan and faction forums for those unable to get their own forum hosting or want to try and bring their faction together.

We look forward to providing this service to the community as it has worked very well in the past!

Tratos
Tech Haven Network
http://techhaven.org

Heavyporker
11-02-06, 21:54
Hm! Sounds interesting, and very generous of you guys to do so.

Spermy
11-02-06, 21:55
Hm! Sounds interesting, and very generous of you guys to do so.

Porker, are you back ingame yet, I have seen you around for a while...

To Tratos - Seconded - an excellent Idea, and a great saving on those clans who might not be able to get thier own webspace.

Heavyporker
11-02-06, 22:42
I can't get ingame, and couldn't for the past 5 months, because my crap at-home computer- first: crapped out the video card somehow, rendering all my games except Sanctum unplayable; second: finally crapped up the start-up sequence, so now I can't even start the fucking thing up.

Suffice it to say, all my time is pretty much now spent in the college computer labs.

*sigh*

I need more money. :(

RusSki
11-02-06, 23:28
someone needs to learn how to re-software their pc :) it has indeed been too long since u played.

you could get a new gfx card able to run nc2 from ebay on the cheap. you dont need soemthing thats gonna set the world alight.

now hurry up or i'm gonna rob ur store

@ tratos, i like the idea man, but how do u restrict who can see which forum area. like how do u know if each person is who they say they are.

Riddle
11-02-06, 23:42
now hurry up or i'm gonna rob ur store

Already robbed m8 what you think <<Logans Emporium> Has been selling!! :lol:
Anyways come back porker! Get some cheap shit Vid card of Ebay1

Heavyporker
12-02-06, 00:06
It's not the vid card. It's the damn system. vid card worked perfectly well before the hard drive futzed up, but we couldn't track down what went wrong.

Tratos
12-02-06, 00:47
@ tratos, i like the idea man, but how do u restrict who can see which forum area. like how do u know if each person is who they say they are.
When it comes down to clan forums, all members need to be verified by the group (clan) leader before they can view the forums, the leader can then remove members at any time from their group. Therefore they have full control over who can see their forums, it's up to the leaders to ensure the user names on the THN belong to their clan members.

Faction forums will be a little harder to manage but if we can get key figures or die hard members of certian factions who take part in their own faction forums alot we can make them group leaders to ensure better management over that faction's area. Ofcourse they can be changed at any time if we (the THN admin) are informed with good enough reasons. If a dedicated group leader cannot be found the THN CPU will remain as the group leader untill a suitable candidate is available.

The THN CPU is the Admin account on the THN and can view all forums, this may concern users due to privacy but this account is only used to administrate and moderate the rest of the boards.

Brammers
13-02-06, 12:16

As Tratos said, adding forums for clans is very easy.

I've been thinking about this as well, since I may have to write some code to implement this fully - so if anyone has any ideas or methods of stopping non-members reading your own faction forum, post it here.