PDA

View Full Version : Duel (VIDEO)

Safunte
11-02-06, 05:50
Just us having a usual quick practice fight in the clan apt, figure I'd post for your amusement.

Staring:
Ziddane
vs.
Laertes

Music isn't as long as the video, but thats just for an easier upload.

Video Here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7107749556943277798)

nabbl
11-02-06, 05:58
Thanks for your interest in Google Video.

Currently, the playback feature of Google Video isn't available in your country.

We hope to make this feature available more widely in the future, and we really appreciate your patience.

:(

Clobber
11-02-06, 06:01
Lucky you, I actually endured 1 minute of it.

Safunte
11-02-06, 06:05
Yeah it did kinda drag on for about 6 minutes... most of my fights with him usually do, but if you could hear us talking it'd be much more amusing =) I'm sure everyone here could relate to fighting someone over skype/teamspeak/vent

unreal
11-02-06, 06:17
Only thing I really like about the video is you turned a Plaza Level 3 apartment into a duelling area, but I didn't even like it that much, you just made walls out of it, which gave the monk fighters an advantage as their typical APU spell needs no line of sight. The music was not to my liking, and I found the video a tad boring because it was just people running around, with no health bars, so you just simply watched them run around each other until someone splatted on the floor.

Good job in making the video nonetheless. If I was making a video I would use a Revenge or some other kamikazee drone, or even a scout drone for the zoom feature, but tweak the HUD so the drone interface is completely transparent (although I haven't tried that yet, might do when I get home from work). You'll have the freedom of a large scope of the camera while being able to watch the persons health bars, especially if teamed. :)

Sorry for the negative reply though. :(

Safunte
11-02-06, 06:24
Oh its just one in the personal collection, didn't really mean to have it all perfected I guess... and the dueling area was initially intended for "aiming practice" where we'd all use a tl10 weapon and sometimes a tl3 heal (no armor of course) and just duke it out, people placing bets on the viewing chairs outside =)

Plaza 2 comfy cubicle (closest to plaza 3) password: asses
If you'd really like to check it out theres chairs in the doors... we dont really use it all that much, if ever so have your way with it.

jini
11-02-06, 09:20
This is not a duel or "fight" in the normal sense.
it's more clipping/lag wars, with a little twist in favour of the hybrid, which spent something to 1 min to buff up, take pa and start shooting.

nellus
11-02-06, 10:56
It was quite funny to watch.

But how the hell did you get a level 3 apt without walls or furniture?

calim
11-02-06, 13:21
Currently, the playback feature of Google Video isn't available in your country.

sorry ...

Safunte
11-02-06, 14:26
This is not a duel or "fight" in the normal sense.
it's more clipping/lag wars, with a little twist in favour of the hybrid, which spent something to 1 min to buff up, take pa and start shooting.

Actually its begining to piss me off that people are saying it was in favor of the hybrid, it was closed quarters and the tank had a dev, this does not need a los, so stfu. Yes monks, sometimes especially hybrids, are overpowered, but this does not mean that a good player of any other type cant beat them.

I'm glad watching a quick video of a "fight" made you angry enough to post negatively.

The majority of "fights" in neocron are not in large open spaces, clipping happens just by moving, so does lag. get used to it.

Dargeshaad
11-02-06, 14:43
Actually its begining to piss me off that people are saying it was in favor of the hybrid, it was closed quarters and the tank had a dev, this does not need a los, so stfu.
Ever heard of something called a reticle?
It's something that you loose alot in clipping areas like that.....do you know what a monk doesn't have?

SirRah
11-02-06, 14:52

But from what i can read so far, it's not worth it anyway.

Safunte
11-02-06, 15:11
remind me to go delete my forum account because i hate the ignorance that bleeds through most peoples posts

cRazy-
11-02-06, 15:19
hahahaahah @ this thread

xyl_az
11-02-06, 15:29
another clipping master... i see quite a lot of them lately

and calling a monk fight (especially hybrid one) a "duel" is kinda ridiculous, you know?

giga191
11-02-06, 15:44
remind me to go delete my forum account because i hate the ignorance that bleeds through most peoples posts plz do asap. we're all very ignorant, now fuck off :)

SirRah
11-02-06, 16:15
remind me to go delete my forum account because i hate the ignorance that bleeds through most peoples posts

I'm not ignorant, I'm arrogant.

Dogface
11-02-06, 16:28
I wish the playback feature of Google Video wasn't available in my country now :wtf:

j0rz
12-02-06, 04:55
The worst HC tank on terra Vs a hybird that has to use pa to use his blessed spells :lol: i have a blessed hyb and hes not even capped and i dont need pa i do better then that my dmg looks better then urs to because i killed that tank many times in 10 seconds with DB + psi attack 2... in J01 for the win :rolleyes:

id check ur setup out...

unreal
12-02-06, 07:03
But how the hell did you get a level 3 apt without walls or furniture?It's an unfurnished apartment? (bought from DRE FSM)

eprodigy
12-02-06, 07:47
i seriously hope no one actually sat through all 6 minutes of that...

no one wants to watch a hybrid monk fight, but this particular one was ...

jini
12-02-06, 08:19
Actually its begining to piss me off that people are saying it was in favor of the hybrid, it was closed quarters and the tank had a dev, this does not need a los, so stfu. Yes monks, sometimes especially hybrids, are overpowered, but this does not mean that a good player of any other type cant beat them.

I'm glad watching a quick video of a "fight" made you angry enough to post negatively.

The majority of "fights" in neocron are not in large open spaces, clipping happens just by moving, so does lag. get used to it.
still, it's not a fight in a normal sence. its clipwars and it's certainly not about los.
in short, if that happened in some decent open space, where certainly the majority of fights do happen, the "overpowered" hybrid would be dead in 10 secs. Furthermore i have said it again: when we are talking about overpower. there isnt sometimes, little or much. it's overpower period. you haven't made us ungry, particularly me and Im sorry for the work you had to put in this video

RogerRamjet
12-02-06, 13:50
i seriously hope no one actually sat through all 6 minutes of that...

no one wants to watch a hybrid monk fight, but this particular one was ...

I skipped to the end. 6 minutes for the hybrid to kill the tank, WTF.

Torq
12-02-06, 14:31
Yes monks, sometimes especially hybrids, are overpowered, but this does not mean that a good player of any other type cant beat them.

Actually a good blessed hyb can't die to any other class but an APU (but good ones aren't that common nowadays), as the blessed hyb should be able to outheal any weapon (but Holy Lightning), while no other class can outheal his damage. So "duels" between blessed hybs and anything else are just rediculous.

Safunte
12-02-06, 16:14
The worst HC tank on terra Vs a hybird that has to use pa to use his blessed spells :lol: i have a blessed hyb and hes not even capped and i dont need pa i do better then that my dmg looks better then urs to because i killed that tank many times in 10 seconds with DB + psi attack 2... in J01 for the win :rolleyes:

id check ur setup out...

My setups fine, I take less damage than you. Ziddane is one of the best tanks on the server tbh, whos setup I've also made. Honestly, most tanks are shit because its one of the easier to get familiar with setups and is newb friendly in that perspective but its not so much as easy to be great with one.
Calling him the worst tank on terra is hilarious, theres 6 minutes of him not missing.

Do you cap your psi attack 2? no? kthnx.

Actually a good blessed hyb can't die to any other class but an APU (but good ones aren't that common nowadays), as the blessed hyb should be able to outheal any weapon (but Holy Lightning), while no other class can outheal his damage. So "duels" between blessed hybs and anything else are just rediculous.

Well, I've personally seen (and done myself) people kill ppus by themselves on many char types, isn't a blessed hyb a weak ppu with apu spells? yes. They can be killed by any char type. The "overpowered" classes aren't overpowered by very much, and tbh I'd have to say xbow pe is the most overpowered of them all 1shot = cs burst damage and 30 shot clips.

cRazy-
12-02-06, 16:51
Ziddane is one of the best tanks on the server tbh, whos setup I've also made

hahahah ziddane

RogerRamjet
12-02-06, 18:22
A good blessed hybrid, as you say, should be able to out heal a holy lightning, and cap a psi attack 2.

However, it is the most boring class known to man. You cant die, and you can barely kill.

And btw, my penis is bigger.

Alchemist
12-02-06, 19:05
Ziddane is one of the best tanks on the server tbh, whos setup I've also made.

Safunte
12-02-06, 21:49
Are either of you better tanks? thanks.

RogerRamjet
12-02-06, 21:54

The fact ive never heard of Ziddane up until this thread, well, hardly a reputation is it.

And im sure i killed him out at El Farid the other day.

Terayon
12-02-06, 21:57
First a noob heal is the main way blessed hybrids die.

And second, a HL dousent beat a hybrid, aim does. Before the reload a cs could outdamage a blessed heal if it hit consistently. Im almost ashamed to say i lost once on my blessed hybrid to a tank using a cs. He didnt miss a single burst and didnt delay once while i had a constant blessed heal and medpacks going. So yes, i know it could be done. Dont know about now.

Safunte
12-02-06, 22:04
who are you again?

EDIT:: (you posted faster)

First a noob heal is the main way blessed hybrids die.

And second, a HL dousent beat a hybrid, aim does. Before the reload a cs could outdamage a blessed heal if it hit consistently. Im almost ashamed to say i lost once on my blessed hybrid to a tank using a cs. He didnt miss a single burst and didnt delay once while i had a constant blessed heal and medpacks going. So yes, i know it could be done. Dont know about now.

It still can.

eprodigy
12-02-06, 22:29
you dont have to be a better one to recognize a shitty one..

you're just more credible if you are.. but you posted the video opened the door to criticism and...

ZoVoS
12-02-06, 23:08
should have just used aoe

Tostino
13-02-06, 00:15
It still can.
Maybe to that shitty blessed hyb (Look how much he missed...). But to any of the good/not-too-bad blessed hybrids that tank wouldn't do shit.
It almost makes me want to take a few days off working on my L2 server and come kill some people. Beacuse from the looks of the PvP videos I have seen lately, there is no one that really stands out (from what I have seen).

Edit:
Well, I've personally seen (and done myself) people kill ppus by themselves on many char types, isn't a blessed hyb a weak ppu with apu spells? yes. They can be killed by any char type. The "overpowered" classes aren't overpowered by very much, and tbh I'd have to say xbow pe is the most overpowered of them all 1shot = cs burst damage and 30 shot clips.That is partly true. Back when I actualy played alot and I had my HC-PE I could beat almost all blessed hybrids that I fought about 3/5 of the time in duals.
But outside when it's not "fair" fighting (Gota love cliping) there is almost no chance for even the best person that is not a APU hyb to kill a good blessed hybrid (in a 1v1).

Karandras
13-02-06, 00:28
6 minutes of him not missing.

5 misses out of 11 bursts in the first 30 seconds of fighting.

Vae Victis
13-02-06, 00:39
My setups fine, I take less damage than you. Ziddane is one of the best tanks on the server tbh, whos setup I've also made. Honestly, most tanks are shit because its one of the easier to get familiar with setups and is newb friendly in that perspective but its not so much as easy to be great with one.
Calling him the worst tank on terra is hilarious, theres 6 minutes of him not missing.

Do you cap your psi attack 2? no? kthnx.

Well, I've personally seen (and done myself) people kill ppus by themselves on many char types, isn't a blessed hyb a weak ppu with apu spells? yes. They can be killed by any char type. The "overpowered" classes aren't overpowered by very much, and tbh I'd have to say xbow pe is the most overpowered of them all 1shot = cs burst damage and 30 shot clips.

Ziddane isnt the best tank on terra tbh.
did ziddane fought ALL tanks on terra? no? kthnx.

capping psi attack2 makes you special? no? kthnx.

your setup's fine, you take less dmg than others.
does this mean you have l33t 5|<1ll5 now?
its not only about taking less dmg than other ppl.

people killing ppus by themselves.. means the ppu is crap.
all the good players left the game, think its about time you realise that.
i can go on forever but whats the point?
i mean i dont cap my psi attack2 so my opinion means nothing.

only good thing about the vid is the music.

A good blessed hybrid, as you say, should be able to out heal a holy lightning, and cap a psi attack 2.
And btw, my penis is bigger.a good blessed hyb goes by the name of Smurf 1 / elementz / zodd.
there are no other good blessed hybs. :D

make babies? <3

Safunte, roger is known in nc. i never heard of Ziddane either until mint fear whooped his ass a few times.

and in case you post "and wtf are you again?", well... ask around for ice and find out urself.
all i'll say to you is this:
150+ PA's and 100+ rares hacked from belts in a week. need i say more?

kthnx.

Zheo
13-02-06, 00:43
I think Ziddane needs anti damage boosting drugs and Laertes needs to learn how to hit a target, serious i've sene hybrids take down a tank about half a minute but 6? and did Ziddane ever consider using a speed gatlin instead of a CS or crappy dev, he might have actually came close to winning then although against a hybrid thats rather impossible due to the whole unbalanced thing.

Tostino
13-02-06, 00:45
although against a hybrid thats rather impossible due to the whole unbalanced thing.
No, that hybrid is very crap. If that tank had better aim, and used a speed gat the hyb would have gone down faster then a 5$ street whore.

Gunslinger
13-02-06, 02:47
shame i saw ziddanne die to a apu using nrg beam..........if he is ''one of the best on the server'' it makes me wonder where the decent tanks have gone these days.

j0rz
13-02-06, 04:06
Ziddane is one of the best tanks on the server tbh

Yes im so sure.... My tank isnt as setup as well as urs sure... he was prolly the best tank on saturn ever unbeaten 1 on 1 and famous for pepper park.

Soon as i get another herc ill hunt ur ass down

or u can stop zoning at mb from my spy as well.. :lol:

Safunte
13-02-06, 04:48
i'm going to go ahead and say ziddane is rediculously fast, and the majority ofour duels take about 30seconds, but this one lasted the longest which is why i posted it.

I never said he was the best
note the one of the

i never said roger wasn't well known, i just haven'theard of him (sorry i dont forum whore as much, he must stay here alot)

Apocalypsox
13-02-06, 05:46
Interesting video TBH- i think you made me reactivate my main account- :lol: :cool:

edit: what was the name/band of the song?

Tarn
13-02-06, 05:53
Yes im so sure.... My tank isnt as setup as well as urs sure... he was prolly the best tank on saturn ever unbeaten 1 on 1 and famous for pepper park.

Soon as i get another herc ill hunt ur ass down

or u can stop zoning at mb from my spy as well.. :lol:
j0rz ill still woop ya ass, Much love hunny <3

Tostino
13-02-06, 06:33
I really should play some and get back in to PVP :(. If anyone wants to NF some PM me and i'll log on.

RogerRamjet
13-02-06, 11:27
shame i saw ziddanne die to a apu using nrg beam..........if he is ''one of the best on the server'' it makes me wonder where the decent tanks have gone these days.

Suprisingly enough, quite a few are playing PEs in a certain clan :D

And btw thats iCe saying im well known (fanboi tbh ;p) Yeh i admit im a forum whore. You know, thats why ive got 9 fully capped chars an 3 servers, i spend all my time here. :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
13-02-06, 12:13
It's funny what kind of crap people say about xbow pes being overpowered.
xbow pe does cs burst dammage in one shot? So you're saying a full cs burst does 38 to a pe?

And it allways cracks me up when blessed hybrids claim a weapon's overpowered, it's usualy something that killed them 5 minutes before, because they are not used to dying to anyone.

As for the fighting in the video. Let me say that a neofrag session with Mike Delaware, Fiese dracksackblase, kazuya and Chopo's tank all using baseball bats would be a lot more interesting than what you chose to record.
I've fought a LOT of people that came from pandora, and i can honestly say that there was only two i thought were any good. POW a pe and then speedball on his tank.

Scaramanga
13-02-06, 12:28
Nice music and the layout of the app was certainly something different.
Shame about not showing health bar though, would have given a bit of a purpose to proceedings.

SorkZmok
13-02-06, 12:30
i never said roger wasn't well known, i just haven'theard of him (sorry i dont forum whore as much, he must stay here alot)Not knowing Roger Ramjet, former purple melee tank and yet claiming some random tank being "one of the best"? You got no clue my friend.

And btw, forum whores > you. :)

almighty
13-02-06, 12:47

We hope to make this feature available more widely in the future, and we really appreciate your patience.

:(

try this link instead (if you dare :) )

clickeh Here (http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?videoUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fvp.video.google.com%2Fvideodownload%3Fversion%3D0%26secureurl %3DjgAAAJ8WFoyUtnSmEYG_WT8G5MXjBZZEUvD0T0CU9XhMUnQjiHiBwgpls2pFGihLs2jUJZlD04wympkogRfrysemjQ_uc7C86 1QYIapoVDcQJJE-vVvjVajDK6TuUnm9USsQDVJzA7R0JvJcjgCvSrLGdCWU1m_pxG59Ddhc0mEeNz2_x4YNqwjRVucVh-l9FAT9IA%26sigh%3D25I6GqQZwF92TH_eccrqodmIl80%26begin%3D0%26len%3D362132%26docid%3D71077495569432777 98&thumbnailUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2FThumbnailServer%3Fcontentid%3D325fc02e9b0a7229%26second %3D5%26itag%3Dw320%26urlcreated%3D1139827067%26sigh%3D9hxhyeOnvIkPNXD9K7YXlbQXr2U&playerId=7107749556943277798&playerMode=embedded)

jini
13-02-06, 13:20
On the other hand, me I can't understand how can one decides to play something that in order to fight, you need to place pa on- buff- pa off shoot after 2 mins - pa on s/d/hh - pa off shoot - after 10 mins pa on full buffs and so on, I mean come on there's gotta be a way more fun to play a character.

As for the crossbows being overpowered, this is bullshit coming from someone that's used to being attacked from much much much inferior weapons. So, now that he has to deal with something that does real damage he simply throws his crap in the fan, in a desperate attempt he will once again be the only king on the hill using his OVERPOWERED blessed hybrid. For this reason alone, I would say: boost crossbow to how it was back then prior its nerf :rolleyes:

nostramo
13-02-06, 15:38
The xbow is overpowered, espacially when PEs using it.

Its damage equals exe-dmg, but it aims much more easier.

I play a pistol spy and I refused to accquire WOC.
Finnally I lvlt the 260mio XP and got used to the xbow. IT IS SO FUCKIN EASY! And it can be used by a jude-PE.

Just compare Spy and PE. To reach the spy-dmg, PEs fomerly had to use drugs and gimp there resists. Now they can just stay with a judge-setup.

Dargeshaad
13-02-06, 15:42
It's funny that the people defending the xbow is the people using it on a daily basis :lol:

Btw, in the 3+ years I've played, not once have I met Roger ingame.....from that I can conclude he must indeed be a forum whore :p

Clobber
13-02-06, 15:43
The tanks you see running around who people have been naming are above average nothing else. There are not any outstanding tanks left in this game anymore and if there are, they dont play them now coz of monkocron and reload nerf.

Oh and Ashley Watts > everyone :D :lol: :rolleyes:

Thought I would put an absurd remark in like Safunte and Jorz :)

Kame
13-02-06, 16:20
i never heard of Ziddane either until mint fear whooped his ass a few times.

and in case you post "and wtf are you again?", well... ask around for ice and find out urself.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol:

Bugs Gunny
13-02-06, 16:29
And it can be used by a jude-PE.
Now they can just stay with a judge-setup.

With crap like this being spread, yes, now i understand where the "omg a no tc lowtech pe with ppr chips and xbow" and "all 120 stats epic weapon with exec dammage" comes from.

There's not even a need to defend the weapon. It takes LONG to level to get it, getting a disc even longer. I've been beaten by exec and judge pes, mostly by tanks. Apu and blessed hybrids usualy get me too.
The only true advantages i see in the xbow is the larger clipsize and the fact it can hit people in stealth, plus running around with red sl isn't that bad.

If the xbow was removed i'd go for a 110 hack and 115 poke judge pe setup that guns reveler and drives quad, and still get the EXACT same resist setup i have now.

But anyway, that was not the discussion, the discussion was the pvp movie and how bad the fighting was (i did dig the appartement though).

calim
13-02-06, 17:23
So, who is the best ? who has he biggest penis ? :lol: Sorry... Eh, i still can't view the video !

jini
13-02-06, 17:59
It's funny that the people defending the xbow is the people using it on a daily basis :lol:
it doesnt take genius to understand why is that, does it?

RogerRamjet
13-02-06, 18:07

Btw, in the 3+ years I've played, not once have I met Roger ingame.....from that I can conclude he must indeed be a forum whore :p

I was in a clan with you for a while :p

Karandras
13-02-06, 18:07
Dargeshaad has proved with hard factual numbers how much more powerful xbow is than the other high tl pistols

jini
13-02-06, 18:10
Actually Dargesaad was mostly using an overpowered hybrid (i wonder why) to "pwn" before he leave nc. Now, for a strange reason he forgets his awesome past, in favor of reticle guns :confused:

xyl_az
13-02-06, 18:17
Dargeshaad has proved with hard factual numbers how much more powerful xbow is than the other high tl pistols

thats a good one :p dargshead has also proved with hard numbers how much TS rifle is overpowered, how much FL/HL spy is overpowered, how much ravager tank is overpowered and how much apu hybrid is overpowered :lol:

RogerRamjet
13-02-06, 18:21
Have u played a ravager tank recently? Its awful.

xyl_az
13-02-06, 18:36
Have u played a ravager tank recently? Its awful.
i said proved, or have proved (whatever, its about past anyway) - dargshead had a reveeler driving ravager tank in late saturn era and later on early terra as well (FF should remember him well i'd say)

aside from the stupid explanation, you really didnt get it, did you?

Koshinn
13-02-06, 18:49
Maybe to that shitty blessed hyb (Look how much he missed...). But to any of the good/not-too-bad blessed hybrids that tank wouldn't do shit.
It almost makes me want to take a few days off working on my L2 server and come kill some people. Beacuse from the looks of the PvP videos I have seen lately, there is no one that really stands out (from what I have seen).

Edit:That is partly true. Back when I actualy played alot and I had my HC-PE I could beat almost all blessed hybrids that I fought about 3/5 of the time in duals.
But outside when it's not "fair" fighting (Gota love cliping) there is almost no chance for even the best person that is not a APU hyb to kill a good blessed hybrid (in a 1v1).

:D
Yes, come back. Then maybe I'll play more than once a week!

On the other hand, me I can't understand how can one decides to play something that in order to fight, you need to place pa on- buff- pa off shoot after 2 mins - pa on s/d/hh - pa off shoot - after 10 mins pa on full buffs and so on, I mean come on there's gotta be a way more fun to play a character.

I can't understand how anyone can use drugs in a real combat setup either. PEs do the opposite btw, they take PA off to buff.

RogerRamjet
13-02-06, 18:56
aside from the stupid explanation, you really didnt get it, did you?

No, i dont have a clue mate.

But when you mention Tsu rifle, i tend to think NC2. A place where the so called "overpowered" ravager of NC1 doesnt exist anymore.

Vae Victis
13-02-06, 19:06
who has he biggest penis ? :lol:I have, without question.

and for the fucking frenchie kame;
3 of ur ppl died vs me, and i was on my fucking ppu, on my own.

btw how did the OP war go?
"oh, we dont need apus to fight ff, we can beat them with our tanks and spies"

oh.. wait.. they pwnd ur asses didnt they?
first time im happy FF won.

jini
13-02-06, 19:20
I can't understand how anyone can use drugs in a real combat setup either. PEs do the opposite btw, they take PA off to buff.
the PA swap is also equal stupid, and it cant be done in a combat situation.
If the drugs are blue and not more than 1-2 it can be done. For Pes they are optional. For spies that do close combat are a must

Karandras
13-02-06, 19:22
some of the best pes/spys use 3-4+ 10min/5min drugs and do fine

xyl_az
13-02-06, 19:43
No, i dont have a clue mate.

But when you mention Tsu rifle, i tend to think NC2. A place where the so called "overpowered" ravager of NC1 doesnt exist anymore.

well what i was trying to say that in the hands of someone like dargshead every weapon may 'seem' to be overpowered.
sorry for confusion then

Zeninja
13-02-06, 20:01
I've fought a LOT of people that came from pandora, and i can honestly say that there was only two i thought were any good.
Well, as one of the last remaining players of Pandora I had to answer this malicious provocation ! :eek:

*penis enlargement system activated*

No offense nor irony, but as far as I remember the few times I got to fight your PE as a tank, you did just die or ran away when not simply taking advantage of some anticity-ppu's presence (like only a couple of dramatically hypocritical and full-mouthed fetish whiners including yourself sometimes do). Which doesn't mean I'm good at fighting as Tank you're right, especially when you know that following the example of freshly landed Pandora/Venus oldtimers a majority of the only so-called pvp situations I managed to get involved in are zonewhoring at MB/Pussy/P2 (which I just see as training sessions for my aiming skills tbh) and chaos cave ganking around CRP. So I am naively wondering how you came to the conclusion that Pandora's remaining players suck at pvp, considering you barely ever show your greasy nose in a OP fight or 10 meters away from a synch ?

Btw Speedball is probably one of the best hc tank you ever fought (but I guess Terra used to be full of tanks of the same pedigree before I started playing on it), though he's not the most dangerous Tank I ever met : anyone from Venus/Pandore could tell you about Akuma, you know, that kind of tank who would just cancel his NC account if he ever missed one single CS burst and is able to humiliate 2 skilled Pe's in a streetfight all by himself, whereas imho any average tank (like I probably am) is supposed to die most of the time 1v1 from any decent PE like you.

But maybe somehow could you enlighten us about what's supposed to be a good tank then ?

Ok I'm done with those ego issues anyway. Erm... wait, not yet, one last thing :

I'm not gonna say anything about ballance anymore before i know what the core rules for the new system are, then things have to be tested, consetups, dammagetesting, DOT etc etc.
Lies.

*feels so much better*

About the video itself now. I like they way it's filmed (a bit immersive), I like the appartment's furnitures, very nice place for a duel. But I haven't even watched it until the end cause dueling a Blessed Hybrid is so pointless :

- I've never met nor heard of any kind of char that could beat a decent blessed hybrid in a duel, not even an apu-based hyb, and certainly not a PE or a Tank. People telling you the contrary obviously never played one and only fought noob hybs like this one.
- the main challenge playing a blessed hyb consists on either fighting several opponents at the same time, or killing opponent before he had time to run away from you. Surviving is a joke with blessed shelter/heal and holy defl.
- only a PE or another hybrid monk stands a single chance to stay alive more than 1 minute versus any average blessed hybrid in a "fair" (not really the right word) duel
- a blessed hybrid has great chance to win a fight against 2 PE's at the same time. Ask Gunnar. It's almost simple when they got heads the size of New York :rolleyes:
- a tank is probably the easiest class to beat for a blessed hybrid 1on1, unless he got aimbot + devourer. No stealth, no rejuv, no antibuff, no need to say more.
- the monk in that video isn't what I call a decent blessed hybrid. Either he just started playing this class, or he's very far away from being capped and got no MC5 chip. Getting rid of the PAs would be a nice start :lol:
- For information, non-dmgboosted force-capped tank with 500 health dies from 30 or more Psi-Attack-2 headshots with 499% dmg TL3 defl on. This is to say approx 17 health points per hit, far away from low tech pistols (like Wyatt Earp) damage output contrarely to what "someone here" would like to make us think. 25 headshots without defl, and 40 headshots with 450%ish holy defl.
- Blessed hybrids are totally fucked when freezed and dam boosted (I know... who's not :p), they can't be tradeskillers, they're almost useless in a OP fight, they require better aiming than any other kind of monk to be efficient.

This is not what I call a overpowered class, I can't believe that people calling them overpowered ever saw a NC1 OP Fight before hybrids got nerfed and stealth was implemented. Blessed hybrids are just The Duels gods now : accept it and never engage a fight with one of them when you're alone. CS:S and Pokeman Battle Arena Special Edition are waiting for you with open arms if you wanted inter-class balanced duels.

RogerRamjet
13-02-06, 20:24
well what i was trying to say that in the hands of someone like dargshead every weapon may 'seem' to be overpowered.
sorry for confusion then

lol nps.

This seems to come up alot though, that a weapon is sometimes overpowered just coz someone good uses it.

Tostino
13-02-06, 23:07
:D
Yes, come back. Then maybe I'll play more than once a week!
Do you have a mic, and are you willing to get on TS/Vent now? :p

Koshinn
14-02-06, 00:55
- I've never met nor heard of any kind of char that could beat a decent blessed hybrid in a duel, not even an apu-based hyb, and certainly not a PE or a Tank. People telling you the contrary obviously never played one and only fought noob hybs like this one.

I have. But the sad thing is you need monks to kill monks... which is the dumbest thing in the world.

- the main challenge playing a blessed hyb consists on either fighting several opponents at the same time, or killing opponent before he had time to run away from you. Surviving is a joke with blessed shelter/heal and holy defl.

AHHAHAHA so true!

- the monk in that video isn't what I call a decent blessed hybrid. Either he just started playing this class, or he's very far away from being capped and got no MC5 chip. Getting rid of the PAs would be a nice start :lol:

agree

- Blessed hybrids are totally fucked when freezed and dam boosted (I know... who's not :p), they can't be tradeskillers, they're almost useless in a OP fight, they require better aiming than any other kind of monk to be efficient.

Actually, the part about aiming... I'd say they're the most forgiving kind of monk in terms of aiming. Using a blessed hyb is like using a PE with less damage output and a lot higher defense. I don't really know how to explain the aiming deal unless you've played a PE for a long ass time, then played a monk with HL and with psi attack 2 for a long time too.

This is not what I call a overpowered class, I can't believe that people calling them overpowered ever saw a NC1 OP Fight before hybrids got nerfed and stealth was implemented. Blessed hybrids are just The Duels gods now : accept it and never engage a fight with one of them when you're alone. CS:S and Pokeman Battle Arena Special Edition are waiting for you with open arms if you wanted inter-class balanced duels.
It is overpowered. Nothing is overpowered compared to the old hybrids that could do everything, but that's like saying a F-22 isn't overpowered in 1on1 air to air combat because God could smite one down if he wanted. The only thing that isn't quite as overpowered is that they aren't quite effective in a team. But neither is a PE... and in a team they're much better than a full combat-specced PE. So comparing a blessed hyb to a PE, yes, they are overpowered.