PDA

View Full Version : RED SL question

xyl_az
09-02-06, 00:52
just a quickie

if i'm under red SL what kind of guards will attack me on sight?

- pro / doy ones (or both)?
- faction ones?
- what about TH turrets ?
- Canyon guards are TG so i guess its the same as faction guards?

thx in advance

xyl_az
09-02-06, 11:04
huhu

no one knows the answer?
fetish?
daargshead?
anyone?

i need to know what kind of npcs will attack red sl char. Faction guards, traders, other npcs, pro&doy ones, canyon ones, th ones, anyone else?

Bugs Gunny
09-02-06, 11:35
All the guards, except the BD ones, and ALL the players you see.
I dunno how many items you drop at what sl, but it's over 5 at -92.
So, in order to function at red sl constantly you'll need to be running with epic weapon, tl10 heal, jones stealth, possibly ncpd pa, a jones hacktool and about 10 spare of each armor and spell in your appartement.

The only thing about red sl that's realy anoying is that you can't go anywhere without guards turning on you.
If you're BD you can go afk in the hq though, the only guards that will shoot are the ones not in the rooms of the fsm and the employment guys.
Safespost from the guards is the bar itself inside the hq.
Itempdrop isn't that bad, what's boring is the "omg i clicked your belt and got all your stuff noob" .... "now give me back my 5 slot shelter and i'll give you back your stuff"...

Once you get to accept that you drop a lot of stuff, and you have a tradeskiller that can make more without problems it's viable.

xyl_az
09-02-06, 11:38
All the guards, except the BD ones, and ALL the players you see.
I dunno how many items you drop at what sl, but it's over 5 at -92.
So, in order to function at red sl constantly you'll need to be running with epic weapon, tl10 heal, jones stealth, possibly ncpd pa, a jones hacktool and about 10 spare of each armor and spell in your appartement.

The only thing about red sl that's realy anoying is that you can't go anywhere without guards turning on you.
If you're BD you can go afk in the hq though, the only guards that will shoot are the ones not in the rooms of the fsm and the employment guys.
Safespost from the guards is the bar itself inside the hq.
Itempdrop isn't that bad, what's boring is the "omg i clicked your belt and got all your stuff noob" .... "now give me back my 5 slot shelter and i'll give you back your stuff"...

Once you get to accept that you drop a lot of stuff, and you have a tradeskiller that can make more without problems it's viable.

so, you mean that IF you're BD than BD faction guards wont attack you (BD employees will attack though) right?
which means that my own faction guards wont attack me but everything else will?

and one last question - what about beeing factionless? In such scenario i guess i would be attacked by anyone?

Bugs Gunny
09-02-06, 11:52
No, the BD guards will attack you, but the ones inside the two rooms don't have guns on them, so they can't shoot :-)

The ONLY guards that won't attack you are the ones in the jailhouse.

the guards in the jailhouse on Terra won't shoot any BD runners, except on near the middle who seems to be different from the rest. We like to call him Timmy Triggerhappy.

xyl_az
09-02-06, 12:07
i see now, so i will be attacked by anyone except jailguards which is quite good

i have intentions of beeing CM as its the easiest faction to have red SL or just factionless but i'm wondering now if jailhouse guards will attack factionless red SL runner?

Bugs Gunny
09-02-06, 12:37
You can't go factionless anymore.
And no they'll love you in there.

If i could get a genrep out and an appartement in the jailhouse i'd live there too.

xyl_az
09-02-06, 12:41
You can't go factionless anymore.
And no they'll love you in there.

If i could get a genrep out and an appartement in the jailhouse i'd live there too.

well you got mutant pool in oz - public gr nearby (1 or 2 zones away)

Bugs Gunny
09-02-06, 12:50
That's interesting.

I think BD should retake pp3, since they're obviously not wanted by the dome factions.