PDA

View Full Version : In Game email SPAM

Riddle
08-02-06, 20:57
Please FIX the in game mail spam from the Skill advisor! or at least switch it off.

I can't even use in game mail anymore i have upwards of 80+ mails and whenever i try to delete them about 3 or 4 in i Crash every time only to log into 3 more!

This needs to be sorted with a Hotfix as its become more than a joke now :mad:

/Set End_rant

Richard Slade
08-02-06, 21:32
But you need to learn the game!

Digital-Talios
08-02-06, 22:02
i hear you can put the personal skill advisor on ignore. Havent tried it yet.

xyl_az
08-02-06, 22:06
i hear you can put the personal skill advisor on ignore. Havent tried it yet.

nope, doesnt work i'm afraid

PepsiPlayer
08-02-06, 23:37
Tried it to, and it dont work for me either. I get kinda irked by em to, but i've learned to log on, and go straight to a citycom to delete the enevitable junk, but hey thats just me, i agree something does need to be done about the current situation, especially after an FRE, but there are a lot more important issues that need fixing first that i aint even gonna try and get into cause it will no doubtly turn this into an "OMG Nerf PPU" thread.

unreal
09-02-06, 00:30
I think the advisor mails should be sent ONCE when you first create the character, and when you speak to one of the skill advisor NPC's in your (or some other) faction HQ, you should be given A "do you want to be sent a copy of the Skill Advisor email to your inbox?" option.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I don't get that spam too often, it's rare I get stuck in sync or 50/50'd, but when it does happen, it's usually at the worst time. Would be nice if this feature (that generally gets ignored by pretty much most of the new players because they don't know how to read their in-game mails anyway) was disabled until it was resolved.

Kierz
11-02-06, 21:44
Agreed, just disable the damn skills advisor e-mails. Also can we have a "delete all e-mails" button cause all of my chars have 200+ emails, forgot what the limit is but I'm at it - so I don't think I can receive any new e-mails. If I try and delete more than 4/5 e-mails I just fatal so like fuck am I logging in 50+ times on each char to delete my e-mails, that's ignoring the fact I need to relog 4/5 times to get a decent login anyway.

I wouldn't care about e-mails if GM's didn't use them to contact me or for event info. But as someone else said, there are faaaaar more important things that need fixing first.

Heavyporker
11-02-06, 21:48
My name is Heavyporker, and I support this idea!

Skusty
11-02-06, 22:01
Porkie, you just posted the same message in a different thread. .p

Heavyporker
11-02-06, 22:40
So? What's your point?

RusSki
11-02-06, 23:26
Why cant jones tell you the info contained in the personal skill advisor emails, if you click him when not on a mission.

You could be given 2 dialog choices, one of them is for the missions and the other gives u the noobie info from the mails.

Riddle
11-02-06, 23:34
Seriously, ingame communication is an absolute waste of time with email after email from the skill advisor!!!

This needs to be sorted as i think in game email is a good form of communication to get across World events and in game info.

elGringo
11-02-06, 23:40
REMOVE...

...the entire skilladvidor email "feature" .. it is a HUGE PITA. Seriously ... theres no single other bug that pisses me off like this. Email was a great feature of NC and I used it largely ...before the skilladvisor spam started.

I know KK tried to fix it once (was featured in the patchnotes) but failed unfortunately. If you do not have the time, ressources, patience WHATEVER to fix it... REMOVE IT!

Email was fine before that thing was added.. it will be fine again after you remove it ...the feature is no way near as important to newbie's as it is a PITA to _ALL_ players.

Please, please, please .... Nid - tell them to get rid of it.. PLEASE! :mad:

Heavyporker
12-02-06, 00:05
Hmmm..... removing the skillmanager emails entirely...

My name is Heavyporker, and I even more heartily endorse this idea!

RusSki
12-02-06, 02:12
I Second That Notion!

Tratos
12-02-06, 03:11
Removal of the skill adviser mail = Sighed.

However if a solution to 50/80s or ever what causes them (the 50/80s) to issue the mails would be even better!

I only ever get them when my connection is playing silly buggers.

Mr Kot
12-02-06, 04:56
I know KK tried to fix it once (was featured in the patchnotes) but failed unfortunately.Can't be sure without trawling thru pages of crap, but i think those patchnotes referred to the sending of mails after a fatal. I'm sure somebody will prove me wrong if they look it up :p In my experience, my mails aren't sent aftet a fatal, but after any "long" sync.

ever if a solution to 50/80s or ever what causes them (the 50/80s) to issue the mails would be even better!

I only ever get them when my connection is playing silly buggers.50/80 definitely, but also any long sync where i have to ait at the zoneline for more than a couple of seconds. Even with full cash and SL, i can get those mails after a connection delay. My ISP can sometimes be the trigger.

elGringo
12-02-06, 05:41
However if a solution to 50/80s or ever what causes them (the 50/80s) to issue the mails would be even better!

In that case I'll more than welcome them to re-add the spamadvisor feature.... but 'til then it might be easiert to just rem the "feature" :cool:

Riddle
12-02-06, 23:31
Nid.

Seems i'm not the only one who thinks this is a problem. Can we get a response? or is this thread destined for the ignore list?

Is this on the list of fixes or on the same list as Playershops/Item tracking? ;)