PDA

View Full Version : :D how to shake up para

ZoVoS
08-02-06, 17:07
inorder for a monk to cast para he must be standing still. fireing para module will be like the electro tool on time splitters

basicaly a beam comes from the ppu's hand. this, when it makes contact with a runner slowes them down considerably(if not totaly). but eat away at the monks psi pool extreamly fast (faster than boosters regen)

if the monk's crosshair slips of the runner then the beam is broken the monk takes a 1-3 second para hit and the runner can continue on his way. if the monk lets go of the fire button then the runner takes a 2 second para and the monk is unharmed...

this beam only effects run speed not turning speed

it should take a good 200+ points for the initial cast. the use of anti para drugs disrupts the beam and emptys the ppu's mana pool

this may make apu ppu ppu teams... but if ur being atacked 3 people u deserve to die anyway

(this could be the same for freezer weapons, only para and damage is taken instead when the beam is broken... the meele shocker is left untouched)

l8m0n
08-02-06, 17:25
monks dont have crosshairs ;)

ZoVoS
08-02-06, 17:29
monks dont have crosshairs ;)

no they just dont have to aim =] they still have to er... point =P

:angel: that would be funy... turn around. press fire... anything on screan goes boom... :p

giga191
08-02-06, 17:31
i've had that idea in my head for a long time too, but with all spells. I love TSP2

calim
08-02-06, 18:34
no they just dont have to aim =] they still have to er... point =P

:angel: that would be funy... turn around. press fire... anything on screan goes boom... :p

Sorry but monks have to aim to heal or hit someone. You are speaking about reticle, that's different :)

ZoVoS
08-02-06, 19:39
Sorry but monks have to aim to heal or hit someone. You are speaking about reticle, that's different :)

erm thats what i said... he said monks dont have cross hairs they do they just dont have rets

calim
08-02-06, 21:04
erm thats what i said... he said monks dont have cross hairs they do they just dont have rets

ok, i didn't see "they still have to er... point", sorry. But as they do localized damages ... we can almost say "they aim" :)

giga191
08-02-06, 22:18
Sorry but monks have to aim to heal or hit someone. You are speaking about reticle, that's different :) it's more of a case of clicking the mouse button at the right split second to hit as your crosshair moves over the target, where as zovos's idea involves keeping the crosshair on the target for a longer period of time

eLcHi
09-02-06, 11:17
Make para selfcastable ...

*click* "Shit i miss*FREEZES HIMSELF*ed ..."

Bugs Gunny
09-02-06, 12:14
Parashock should go.
The only reason people use parashock is so that a person who moves well gets turned into a stationary target for the clicknoob to kill.

Killall
09-02-06, 12:27
IMO parashock is here for a reason.. Try to kill a speed capped ppu or sumething. U will have a REALY hard time aiming him/her cause hes jumping around like a bunny ( :lol: ) ... And i dunno, the use of anti para drugz works for me.. just takes 1 handling to eat the drug.

A good solution imo is shorten the length of the para or increase the time for the para to take effect so ull have time to make that handling to take the drug.
A ppu will always be overpowered.. that why he cant attack (normally..)

JUST ADD A RETICLE for monks.. problem solved.

Bugs Gunny
09-02-06, 12:35
If there reason for parashock is killing a speedcapped ppu then make it castable on ppus only.

Killall, you know very well that parashock is used on fighters 95% of the time.

nobby
09-02-06, 13:29
Carry the anti para drug and shush about Para every single Day!

giga191
09-02-06, 13:37
anti para drugs should do so that you cant be paraed for a while

Killall
09-02-06, 16:49
If there reason for parashock is killing a speedcapped ppu then make it castable on ppus only.

Killall, you know very well that parashock is used on fighters 95% of the time.

yes..

Try to kill a speed capped ppu or sumething.

Means other classes as well.. i just took ppu cause every1 seems to hate em :P

Bugs Gunny
09-02-06, 17:46
So you're saying you need a parashocking ppu so you can kill a speedcapped runner?

Now, i know a LOT of people who can do that just fine without a ppu.

Richard Slade
09-02-06, 20:36
So you're saying you need a parashocking ppu so you can kill a speedcapped runner?

That's just what they say,
in reality they all got a little strap-on monkey hidden somewhere

Killall
10-02-06, 11:56

Its like talking to a wall...

Its in the game to slow speedcapped runners down. Its sucks yes, its used on all classes yes... And no i dont NEED a parashock ppu to kill runners.. My tank and pe are almost speedcapped, and i know what para does. ANTI PARA DRUGZ. Its works for my tank, my pe, but it doesnt work for u ?

And u are missing the whole point of my first post. Reticle would solve alot.
Read be4 u bitch.

Bugs Gunny
10-02-06, 12:30
People who say antiparra drugs work just fine show they don't know jack shit and usualy have an antiparraing ppu with them instead of popping the drugs.
I guarantee you, take two drugs on a pe, pop 5 antiparadrugs and you'll get massive flash.

You can keep only a few in quickbelt, they dont' work instantly, but take about 3-4 seconds in which you'll have about 5 holy lightnings on your ass. And during all this time you can't even shoot the oponent since you can't follow his momvement with your reticle.

Now if they would stack in 3 uses, work instantly without drugflash resulting i wouldn't give a damn about parashock anymore.

And if you want to argue about this, i challenge you to a fight where i'll bring a rank 40 ish pe, using a nonrare pistol, with a paraspamming ppu covering my ass and you can try to win, using the "working" antipara drugs.

jini
10-02-06, 12:51
IMO parashock is here for a reason.. Try to kill a speed capped ppu or sumething. U will have a REALY hard time aiming him/her cause hes jumping around like a bunny ( :lol: ) ... And i dunno, the use of anti para drugz works for me.. just takes 1 handling to eat the drug.

nice solution... fight clipping and netlag using parashock spells and in the mean time kill ALL other classes.

killal, have you ever tried taking antireez drugs while DBd and shocked while HLed in an op war? in which order do you take those anti drugs? how can you survive this?

ZoVoS
10-02-06, 17:53
just set an ingame sms keyboard macro thingy that constructers/ressers use to peddle there skills to turn up mouse sensitivity and another one to set it back to normal =]

but i woudlnt mind if they made each anti para drug stack to 3 n work isntantly

edit -=- then again withough para lots o noobs would quit because how would they ever kill sumbody withough him being glued to the floor =P its some ppls only hope hehe

L3Ts3L
10-02-06, 19:57
The PPU para is much too powerfull. if you get para'd, and take antipara drugs it still takes 3 seconds for the drug to work. And with HL hitting you, that will take a huge chunk of health. Or you can pop the drug as soon as you see the blue ball casting, the para will be non existant what so ever, if timed right. The melee shocker is ok i gues, some pe's still seem to move at the same speed. But still very lame as you can spam that thing. So maybe reduce the PPU para to shocker levels? And then romove the shocker for the tank.

Spermy
10-02-06, 20:01
So maybe reduce the PPU para to shocker levels? And then romove the shocker for the tank.

*beats L3Ts3L violently*

L3Ts3L
10-02-06, 20:33
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/7459/manrunstop8my.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:lol:

Killall
10-02-06, 20:41
killal, have you ever tried taking antireez drugs while DBd and shocked while HLed in an op war? in which order do you take those anti drugs? how can you survive this?

As a tank, have them in quickbelt and refill it all the time, as a PE, goto stealth and take drugz.. If u cant handle 1 sec of damage intake while waiting for the drug to kick in u shouldnt be at the op in the first place...

Dont get me wrong, Im with u guys, id like to see a change in para too. In all monk spells for that matter.

Killall
10-02-06, 20:53
People who say antiparra drugs work just fine show they don't know jack shit and usualy have an antiparraing ppu with them instead of popping the drugs.

yes yes i pull ppu's out of my backpocket that instantly anti para and anti db me.. then i poke my nose then "plop" a ppu jumps out that paras u quickly, then leave a fart that turns into an apu to hl u...

Kierz
11-02-06, 18:46
The only reason people use parashock is so that a person who moves well gets turned into a stationary target for the clicknoob to kill.:D

Anti para/db drugs start giving a drug flash after you pop 2 or more, personally half my belt is taken up with anti shocks and anti dbs, and I'm still constantly refilling my belt, especially in op wars when I'm mostly fighting while drug flashed, also I do intend on sueing when I get diagnosed with eye cancer. :p

Reduce the drug flash given by anti para/db/stealths and make them multiuse, something like concentrated = 3, advanced = 2, normal = 1.. and "preferably" instause.

Spermy
11-02-06, 19:24
As a tank, have them in quickbelt and refill it all the time, as a PE, goto stealth and take drugz.. If u cant handle 1 sec of damage intake while waiting for the drug to kick in u shouldnt be at the op in the first place...

Dont get me wrong, Im with u guys, id like to see a change in para too. In all monk spells for that matter.

As a tank, i'm too busy using my speed drugs, I have room for one or two. One or two will not cut it, it takes the heat off for what? a split second, and then bam, Paraglued again. The other issue is anyone who's ever used them, will tell you about the hideous drugflashes you get.

Pointless drug IMO.

Same goes for a PE. Stealthing for 10 seconds to remove para, which takes 3 on it's own. you then have to hide, and heal, befoe stealth runs out and yer parad again, factor in again a decent cocktail of drugs and you have space for one use.

They aren't worth it. :p