PDA

View Full Version : Name change or no?

Spermy
07-02-06, 23:51
Well, The spermy name is wearing thin. Most people who know the story behindit are long gone, and It'd be more fitting to represent the SSX using my SSX name of Gryphon.

So whaddya say? New forum account under the name of gryphon, or would you guys prefer this name?

Bugs Gunny
07-02-06, 23:53
I even wonder how they let you keep it :-)

But you should keep the name, it's you.

Paper Dragon
07-02-06, 23:53
The important question is this: Can we make as many puns with Gryphon as we can Spermy? :D

But seriously, if you feel it's wearing thin then it's probably best to change it. To be perfectly frank, it does seem as if you chose the name largely for novelty/innuendo value (Although I do know this isn't the case). No point sticking with a username you don't think suits you.

Bugs Gunny
07-02-06, 23:55
One small thing though, they don't do namechanges in nc2 anymore.

Spermy
07-02-06, 23:58
Hence the new forum acct - I don't have a guy named spermy on any server. Everyone found it funny to use it before I had a chance to :p

Pantho
07-02-06, 23:58
thats why she said a New Forum account :p

Spermy
08-02-06, 00:02
thats why she said a New Forum account :p

Whats with teh she? O_o

-FN-
08-02-06, 00:03
Maybe it's me, but I get attached to a name. I've been "FN" since I was 16. But if you don't like the name *shrug* do what you really want to do! You can always go back to Spermy ;)

Tratos
08-02-06, 00:04
One small thing though, they don't do namechanges in nc2 anymore.
Forum account bugs :p

I think its against the rules for duplicate accounts by the way :/

Here we go

Multiple Forum Accounts
Multiple forum accounts for the same poster are not permitted and will be immediately banned without warning upon discovery.

I was tempted to change my account name to Quoth since that was the character i was for so long and its something i've been known as on other forums for ages now but i chose to stick with Tratos.

I'll always be Tratos in NC :)

Paper Dragon
08-02-06, 00:04
Whats with teh she? O_o

Show us yer boobs!

[cough]

Boobs aside, it's probably best to poke Nidhogg or Odin before getting any final ideas. You might end up getting both accounts banned over a mis-understanding if things go badly.

Spermy
08-02-06, 00:06
[ edited ]

Will do the necesarry talkiness with mods. I think the only person with boobs who's been near this account is my other half... :wtf:

Tratos
08-02-06, 00:08
Best o rly picture ever.

Also if you changed your account name that quote about firing one off wouldn't be as funny from Gryphon, lol

-FN-
08-02-06, 00:14
[ edited ]

Spermy
08-02-06, 00:18
Best o rly picture ever.

Also if you changed your account name that quote about firing one off wouldn't be as funny from Gryphon, lol

Once in a blue moon, I'd like to be able to comment seriously without my name getting me into trouble :p

james_finn
08-02-06, 01:06
Spermy last time I asked if I could have a name change (I just love the damn name....) I was told flatly that they wouldnt do it (even for security reasons...).

And that was only a couple of weeks ago talking to nid.

Delphi

a4nic8er
08-02-06, 01:10
Spermy, you could change it to Atoza, then everyone who never heard of Spermy would take you seriously and only those who know you will treat everything you say with the ridicule and laughter it is so obviously undeserving of.

Mr Kot
08-02-06, 02:51
I kinda gotten used to the Spermy name.

But what do i know? :p

awkward silence
08-02-06, 03:40
How about Ymreps?

naimex
08-02-06, 04:14
You could try and ask them nicely to rename your forum account name.

You've tried that a few times before if I'm not mistaken, but maybe they will change it for you now.

You never know.