PDA

View Full Version : hmmm...

giga191
07-02-06, 23:26
i get bored when KK don't patch for a while. What are you guys doing atm? (something a bit more precise than balancing plz ;)).

Spermy
07-02-06, 23:26
i get bored when KK don't patch for a while. What are you guys doing atm? (something a bit more precise than balancing plz ;)).

Trying to balance kinder eggs on Holgers Nose.

Paper Dragon
07-02-06, 23:29
Stuff and things.

Keep flitting between Bash.Org, Max Payne 2 and re-reading old Punisher MAX comics.

Tratos
07-02-06, 23:37
What are you guys doing atm?
*looks around*

Who me?

I'm currently enjoying a cup of tea as tea does infact own more than the weird lovechild thing of William Shatnor, Chuck Norris and a Drom.

However i also have the same feeling as you giga, i get edgy when we get bits of information then a silence but heres the last bit of info i got in regards to whats happening next.

Any news or an ETA on whats being considered/balance forum/test server?

I believe when that's all sorted out there will be a revised planfile.
-shrugs-

Spermy
07-02-06, 23:43
Yeah - I miss having patches and things. Such a good feeling to see a new patch... So good, I'd have sex with it. The only feeling better than that is knowing the patch is focussed on tanks, in that case, the feeling would be so good - i'd cheat on the first one and have a whole family of little feelings with the new one...

O_o

Paper Dragon
07-02-06, 23:44
Yeah - I miss having patches and things. Such a good feeling to see a new patch... So good, I'd have sex with it. The only feeling better than that is knowing the patch is focussed on tanks, in that case, the feeling would be so good - i'd cheat on the first one and have a whole family of little feelings with the new one...

O_o

Posts like this will come back to haunt you, Spermy, you know that.

The CSA are watching you. 8|

Spermy
07-02-06, 23:45
Posts like this will come back to haunt you, Spermy, you know that.

The CSA are watching you. 8|

Having sex with feelings?

:o

Peeping toms.

Paper Dragon
07-02-06, 23:47
Having sex with feelings?

:o

Peeping toms.

Call it "emotional trauma".

:angel:

Bwahahahaha.

:lol:

I'm so funny I'll go shoot myself right now.

:(

Spermy
07-02-06, 23:49
*Sympathy Pat*

I got it, if thats any help... :p

Bugs Gunny
07-02-06, 23:50
Trying to get my soullight DOWN to -99 the legal way :angel:

-FN-
08-02-06, 00:31
Waiting for Patch #154:

Bugfixes
- Fixed Ceres Weapon Damage - Added Instant Poison Damage
- Fixed Stealth/DamageBoost/Heal effects (client-side) when cast before exiting NF
- Fixed Crahn Rejuvenation icon
- Fixed Multiple Purchases that spam chat
- Items now stack as they used to when purchased from a vendor
- Fixed the PE Lip & Upper Torso Bugs
- Proofread quests and correct a ton of spelling & grammatical errors
- Fixed Ion Drones so they now fire correctly
- Removed Utlra Gay Purple Cloud attack from Ion Drones

New Content
- Added Gaya Glove Image
- Added New Images for Rotten & Diseased Meat
- Added Ceres Disc Image
- Added "Stealth" Icon, replacing "PSI Manipulation" Icon
- Added Stamina Regeneneration to Rejuvenation

Finished Content
- Finished & Opened Wargames
- Fixed & Reopened Ceres Cyclops Dungeons

Apocalypsox
08-02-06, 01:10
i wish FN but we all know that wont happen

gstyle40
08-02-06, 01:44
Trying to get my soullight DOWN to -99 the legal way :angel:

hmmm wondering if all of fetish is triing to accomplish this? would explain y sweet leaf was in el farid ug pking levellers yesterday. interesting

Bugs Gunny
08-02-06, 02:09
No, they go there to get belts.
It's amazing how rich you can get from hacking ppu belts.

I went down to -97sl today, and it's true what hoder said... you can get it back up with pvping. I accidentaly got it back up to +36 by killing people in the city. I DID however spend about 20 antishock pills which was not so much fun.

Dribble Joy
08-02-06, 02:14

If poison becomes an equal/comparable dmg type as fire/energy/xray, than shelter/def effects would have to change, as would the dmg amounts from the othe rpor weapons. You could also argue about more viable/abundant por armours.

nostramo
08-02-06, 02:21

That would even increase the Holy Lightnings impact, coz everyone would have to spec for POR.
DONT DO THAT!

-FN-
08-02-06, 02:35
Well - I hope you guys realize that the TL113 Ceres Pistol, which takes ammo you have to kill 1 slugger to get 1 clip for, that requires WOC DEX 1, does the same damage as an Explosive Wyatt Earp, a TL88 Weapon.

It would be more effective to Pistol Whip somone with this gun than to fire it - just so you can waste your ammo and go hunting at Regants for another week to make 20 more clips.

The gun is a pile of crap and useless. It's not even viable for PvP. I'm just hoping it gets a SMALL amount of direct poison damage so that it can at least do damage on par with another TL113 weapon. Or more Force. Or Pierce. Or anything that doens't make it completely useless.

Bugs Gunny
08-02-06, 02:41
I used it in neofrag once.
Now the 5 slotter is sitting the gogo, ready to be pulled out at the occasional "let's waste expensive ammo" party.

Dribble Joy
08-02-06, 02:45
I'd rather the weapon be (shock horror!) fixed.

Make it like any other weapon, let mods usable on it, make it a piercing weapon like the earp, with the capability for 9mm mods. Chnage the ammo so you need one regant loot piece to recycle with 9mm ammo to make as many clips as you would with a normal high lvl junk piece, the ammo type makes the same ammo type for the weapon.
Or just do away with the regants malarky and make it a 9mm pistol.
Then either keep it as a tl 113 item (with reqs to match), or make it a wyatt with a skin change and additional woc req.

giga191
08-02-06, 12:01
That would even increase the Holy Lightnings impact, coz everyone would have to spec for POR.
DONT DO THAT! there are alrdy poison weapons in game atm

jini
08-02-06, 12:17
DONT DO THAT!
ok then, fix the gun so it gives a Gene para :D like the one you get from parasytes, you know the one that makes you walk like a zombie

giga191
08-02-06, 12:39
KK seem to have a bad habbit of not patching for long periods of time and then not delivering enough with the patch that they apparently spent all the time on. I get the feeling that they put lots of effort into things and then just scrap them and start something new. That's not to say that they don't have good periods of time too where we get a constant flow of fixes that make a huge difference and don't take long to do, but these periods are way too far apart for my liking.

Spermy
08-02-06, 12:58
DONT DO THAT!

You mean you don't already?

cRazy-
08-02-06, 13:38
I dont spec any por, only the Poison resist from my FH2

Bugs Gunny
08-02-06, 13:45
You know, it realy helps a lot to spec some poison.
Once the word is out you don't apus and tanks will all go for poison on you.
It's the reason why i lowered my health a lot and put enough poison in to stay alive against that.

Spermy
08-02-06, 15:06
You know, it realy helps a lot to spec some poison.
Once the word is out you don't apus and tanks will all go for poison on you.
It's the reason why i lowered my health a lot and put enough poison in to stay alive against that.

For a loss of a bit of health and a respec of imps and armour - all my resists now run at around 70, and with an armour swap, I can push the ones i need (depending on what I'm doing) to around 75. Which ain't bad for a tank.

VK armour FTW.

Riddle
08-02-06, 15:17
New patch or progress report would be greatly appreciated. :)

Dogface
08-02-06, 15:22
What I don't understand is how some people complain that the new ceres weapon damage sucks, yet they said they don't want it to be a requirement for high level pvp because not everyone has time / motivation etc etc to get it :confused:

Riddle
08-02-06, 15:25
What I don't understand is how some people complain that the new ceres weapon damage sucks, yet they said they don't want it to be a requirement for high level pvp because not everyone has time / motivation etc etc to get it :confused:

DOn't think people are asking for a "pwn all" weapon, as then it would be a PvP requirement like you said. More that it be brought into line with its TL.

As stated its worse than the Earp at TL 88 and its currently a TL113 item

Dogface
08-02-06, 15:28
Ohh I understand, thanks.

What can the pistol and rifle be modded with?

Brammers
08-02-06, 15:30
My wishlist for patchnotes.

- Vehicle keys now stack again.
- Fixed and adjusted SL/FS system.

Dribble Joy
08-02-06, 15:30
Ohh I understand, thanks.

What can the pistol and rifle be modded with?
Nothing currently.

giga191
08-02-06, 15:38
you can put lowtech mods in them, dunno about knuckles and xbow can't be modded with anything atm. I would really like ceres weapons to be hard to aim with instead of the one shot BS that it currently is. Perhaps the only way to do that would be to make them all fully auto weapons like libby or slasher and have a dmg bonus for consecutive hits.

-FN-
08-02-06, 20:15
DOn't think people are asking for a "pwn all" weapon, as then it would be a PvP requirement like you said. More that it be brought into line with its TL.

As stated its worse than the Earp at TL 88 and its currently a TL113 item
Thank you - I'd just like it to be a viable PvP weapon. At the moment, it's not. I'd use a Wyatt before the Ceres for the higher shot freq, CHEAP and EASY TO GET ammo, and it's replacable when it breaks.

giga191
08-02-06, 22:21
xbow needs wicked recoil, that's what is missing. BTW KK, in third person, the recoil goes down instead of up which might be something to work on :wtf:

Bugs Gunny
09-02-06, 08:24
I've been pvping with my judge yesterday, neofrag too.
I can honestly say that for it's tl and ease to cap the judge is way overpowered.

The libby is a joke, the wyat earp is ok.

The slasher has a bug where you have lock and hits don't register and you have to take off aim and relock.

The exec is ok i guess if you have good ping, but with bad ping it's a no go weapon.

The xbow shouldn't be modable. It's fine as it is, since it takes a shitload to cap.

Dunno about recoil, i've never realy had problems with recoil on a pistol, not even the libby, maybe it's from my months of leveling a tank using a reveler, which leads to automatic adjustement of reticle when firing.

Koshinn
09-02-06, 09:00
I've been pvping with my judge yesterday, neofrag too.
I can honestly say that for it's tl and ease to cap the judge is way overpowered.

The libby is a joke, the wyat earp is ok.

The slasher has a bug where you have lock and hits don't register and you have to take off aim and relock.

The exec is ok i guess if you have good ping, but with bad ping it's a no go weapon.

The xbow shouldn't be modable. It's fine as it is, since it takes a shitload to cap.

Dunno about recoil, i've never realy had problems with recoil on a pistol, not even the libby, maybe it's from my months of leveling a tank using a reveler, which leads to automatic adjustement of reticle when firing.
It needs so much recoil that it pushes you back a couple meters. :lol:

Kame
09-02-06, 09:04
BTW KK, in third person, the recoil goes down instead of up which might be something to work on :wtf:

So tru, to adapt to the recoil you move the mouse for 'up' instead of 'down' to counter recoil, its quite odd, and unique.

jini
09-02-06, 09:14
xbow needs wicked recoil, that's what is missing. BTW KK, in third person, the recoil goes down instead of up which might be something to work on :wtf:
why does it misses recoil? kk never used recoil in single shot pistols, and guns in general, except the SH, unless I forget something (which I'm almost certain Koshinn is now trying to find which one i miss ;) )

giga191
09-02-06, 13:26
why does it misses recoil? kk never used recoil in single shot pistols, and guns in general, except the SH, unless I forget something (which I'm almost certain Koshinn is now trying to find which one i miss ;) ) it needs recoil because it's too easy to aim atm

jini
09-02-06, 16:15
it needs recoil because it's too easy to aim atm
but adding recoil wont made it harder to aim

Bugs Gunny
09-02-06, 16:23
And a Wyatt Earp is not easy to aim?

Richard Slade
09-02-06, 16:45
And a Wyatt Earp is not easy to aim?
Depends on what you compare with...

pabz
09-02-06, 17:31
earp peeees

Bugs Gunny
09-02-06, 17:43
I find the earp feels like a xbow, but the xbow tends to shoot a bolt into the floor from time to time.

Which is why i allways say :"Follow the ion trail captain, warp 7."