PDA

View Full Version : HC PE vs TANK

fjutte
07-02-06, 19:17
Ok, title sounds a bit screwed I guess, but that's what I'm wondering. I've seen TANK setups with low weaponlore and HC PE's with higher, why is that? How much weaponlore do I actually need to use a speedgat on a HC PE?

Got another question for you guys; I can drive/gun reveler with ease, and with the right imps I can soon gun rhino too; but how much weaponlore and hc do i need to cap vehicles (rhino/reveler)?? Or is there no cap on vehicles?

(am at work now so I dont know exactly how much hc/wep I got)

Digital-Talios
07-02-06, 20:03
PEs have a harder time capping HC weps and little chance of getting any rare HC weps to use. They could use a speed gat with a damage booster so this might be a redeemer feature.

Vehicles tend to have caps from my own observations. I have a Rhino gunning PE who does less damage in a tank then my capped tank.

For a tank it doesnt take much to cap a speed gat. I loaded most of my str points into hc with just enough to cap pierce and force. So a PE might have problems in this area to effiecently cap HC weps considering lower str but might make it up for aiming with a higher intell.

My hc tank has about 50ish wep lore while the extra hc i have makes up for aiming.

If your looking for a multi use character then a HC pe is it but for PvP a tank might be a safer bet. I havent tried a HC PE in pvp so the buffs might change that...

Bugs Gunny
07-02-06, 20:47
In duels a good tank will kill any pe (trust me, we've seen all FETISH dropped in NF several times).

But out in the open a PE will kill the tank in the end.

Spermy
07-02-06, 20:50
In duels a good tank will kill any pe (trust me, we've seen all FETISH dropped in NF several times).

Aye - I'm having real difficulty in getting to grips with PE workarounds. I can't find a decent weapon to cut through the shelter. And I'm popping a million and one whiteflash and beast for the speed i need to avoid getting hit while I have my weapon out.

It's a learning curve - and one day I'm gonna drop one of you fetish lot! :p

*shakes fist*

xyl_az
07-02-06, 21:12

i dunno really... such things depends more on an individual tactics rather than class specifics

@ spermy
maybe your char is just slow? atm i would SERIOUSLY advice everyone to try how their freshly rolled chars are looking on another account's screen. Because the difference is really noticeable...

Spermy
08-02-06, 01:15
i dunno really... such things depends more on an individual tactics rather than class specifics

@ spermy
maybe your char is just slow? atm i would SERIOUSLY advice everyone to try how their freshly rolled chars are looking on another account's screen. Because the difference is really noticeable...

Yeah - Some number crunching earlier gave me a more efficient way to spend Con Points - and taking my Recycle ability away dramatically increases speed when I add to my ATH.