PDA

View Full Version : Spies vs. PEs (pistols)

Digital-Talios
07-02-06, 18:44
Private Eye:
-Shelter & Deflector
-Damage Boost
-Higher Con Setup/Armor

Spies
-Easier to cap pistols
-Stealth (for ambushs and retreats)
-Intelligence for hacking or other subskill

Can you guys think of any other PROs or CONs to choosing a spy or PE for pistols? I am looking to create one on Neptune and need some tips/advice.

Apocalypsox
07-02-06, 18:57
Well one thing a certain someone has taught us, is a spy can be just as efficent as PEs with pistols, with good con. a certain KidKapow i have personally seen own other exec PEs fully buffed. so i beleive its kind of up to you if you can make a setup that will be able to withstand damage.

Cadgar
07-02-06, 18:59
pe needs more time to reach woc

Digital-Talios
07-02-06, 19:58

On neptune it really doesnt matter considering how hard WoC discs are to find.

I have a capped spy i am thinking of lomming to pistol. If it doesnt work then i can always reroll ;)

xyl_az
07-02-06, 20:04
Private Eye:
-Shelter & Deflector
-Damage Boost
-Higher Con Setup/Armor

Spies
-Easier to cap pistols
-Stealth (for ambushs and retreats)
-Intelligence for hacking or other subskill

Can you guys think of any other PROs or CONs to choosing a spy or PE for pistols? I am looking to create one on Neptune and need some tips/advice.

As it stands right now the only advantage of a spy are free int points and better stealth (kind of advantage...), PEs can cap pistols anyways (with the appropriate amount of drugs) so it doesnt really matter.
For fight-only purposes pistol PE is better (more health, more resists, better shelter, DB), spies are more all around chars yet still they can stand their ground when specced right (with the right amount of drugs)

Bugs Gunny
07-02-06, 20:29

PES level dex at 80% rate of a spy, the problem is that a pe is capped in two days , where a spy takes way longer.

So from cap this pe says, omg i have THAT long to go?

And the spy says, hey, it's only 100mil to do.

NOW.... WHEN YOU START LOMING, the PE is in the advantage as he loses WAY less xp per lom than a spy.

As for spy vs pe? I like the look of pes, they both do about the same, except a pe can for instance gun a reveler, and a spy can have two tradeskills (barter, hack, poke, cst) and still be good in pvp.

xyl_az
07-02-06, 21:22
PES level dex at 80% rate of a spy, the problem is that a pe is capped in two days , where a spy takes way longer.

So from cap this pe says, omg i have THAT long to go?

And the spy says, hey, it's only 100mil to do.

NOW.... WHEN YOU START LOMING, the PE is in the advantage as he loses WAY less xp per lom than a spy.

As for spy vs pe? I like the look of pes, they both do about the same, except a pe can for instance gun a reveler, and a spy can have two tradeskills (barter, hack, poke, cst) and still be good in pvp.

technically speaking, PE is more powerful than spy (pistol spy, that is) - better resists, hp, % on shelter, DB. At least in my opinion (never played PE longer than several weeks, i have to admit though)

Digital-Talios
07-02-06, 21:25
i was thinking of making a rifle spy but with the long reload times, slowed movement when drawn i kinda was thinking more along the lines of a pistol user. I feel that a PE would be (in general) better in 1 on 1 pvp. But dang already got a capped spy.

SorkZmok
09-02-06, 22:06
The difference is quite small.

Spy is harder to cap but easier to get woc.
PE got better psi, meaning DB and faster S/D.
That's pretty much it.

Duels are pretty even, PE got the upper hand but as long as i got anti db in my belt it's an even match.

Bugs Gunny
09-02-06, 22:16
Somehow the best spies allways beat the best pes.

Dribble Joy
09-02-06, 22:29
Though spies can get near enough PE defences, they are often still less than PEs, at least in the HP area. PEs can get better stats on the tl 10 heal, shelter and can use DB, they both can cap any weapon. Both reach the same rough speed, so the arguement on and off paper is very much in favour of the PE.

SorkZmok
09-02-06, 23:04
Somehow the best spies allways beat the best pes.I'll SO put that quote into my sig. :p