PDA

View Full Version : Confusion re SL and FS recovery

msressi
07-02-06, 17:14
Hi all, I am somewhat confused regarding the subject line. If I understand the game correctly, it is a PvP game. Now assuming I get ganked in a leveling area and am able to defend myself successfully (thereby loosing SL and FS) how am I to fix this. Or am I just supposed to stand there and let them slaughter me in order to avoid this SL/FS loss?
I have heard u can kill a hostile fac runner in OZ and make a fast recovery, however, when is this hostile runner considered "legal" to be killed ?
Any reply would be very welcome and appreciated

Faid
07-02-06, 17:33
In the current system unfortunately you get penalized for defending yourself, and there is nothing you can do about it. You have to either try and run out of the dungeon or let them gank you and watch as they hack your belt. Knowing full well that they would have lost sl themselves for killing you, they make a little trip to PP3, and are back within a few minutes with 100 sl ready to gank you again.

Richard Slade
08-02-06, 02:50
If your LE is out you shouldn't be in a leveling area in the first place.

Brammers
08-02-06, 03:16
If your LE is out you shouldn't be in a leveling area in the first place.

0/2 I would agree with you, but a capped /60+ think WOC.

Ok killing an enermy runner in City/Outskirt ie DoY Sector 3 or Outzone - you get +FS and SL

Kill a enermy runner in a leveling area of any sort - you loose a lot of SL and FS.

Me and Bugs have been doing some big threads on the issues with the current FS/SL system.

elGringo
08-02-06, 11:00
There's a very simple way of fixing this issue...

- just add a 6th zonetype: the citydungeon (name it any way you like) ...killing neutrals and friendly is getting penalized, killing hostiles has no effect to your symp nor sl.

or

- change the hunting-zone to the above.

Bugs Gunny
08-02-06, 11:23
Killin a runner at a genrep over and over is illegal and you'll get banned after a warning.

I got down to -97 soullight from defending myself in leveling areas last night.
I then took a trip to viaroso 1, carying 20 antishock pills. Took me about 10 minutes to get it to -46 something, then i saw the clanleader of virus, gently put her to sleep.
The resulting firefight (at long range and in the end on the rap to p4) took about 10 minutes in which i got assisted by another clanmember.
I went into p4 with +36 soullight.

So... all you do is either wait it off or kill enemy runners.

Mr Kot
08-02-06, 14:54
Hi all, I am somewhat confused regarding the subject line. If I understand the game correctly, it is a PvP game. Now assuming I get ganked in a leveling area and am able to defend myself successfully (thereby loosing SL and FS) how am I to fix this. Or am I just supposed to stand there and let them slaughter me in order to avoid this SL/FS loss?
I have heard u can kill a hostile fac runner in OZ and make a fast recovery, however, when is this hostile runner considered "legal" to be killed ?
Any reply would be very welcome and appreciated
How you defend yourself is up to you. You don't HAVE to fight back, you could stealth or just run away and escape somehow. Personally, if i'm cornered and overpowered, i will just let myself die in the dungeon in the knowledge that those killing me will take a heavy SL hit and will be inconvenienced in getting it back.

Killing hostile factions in OZ is fine and legal providing it is a random kill / city raid. The line is drawn when stooges volunteer to be killed repeatedly at a GR.

Bugs had the right idea. He carried out a perfectly legal raid on the city and got his SL back up in no time with surprise kills. The GRs that have been abused by people sympwhoring are well known to GMs, so will constantly have invisible eyes watching ;)