PDA

View Full Version : What is Black dragon like?

Bugs Gunny
07-02-06, 15:33
For those who constantly whine in dm about getting killed by a black dragon, even at 0/2 rank, or people saying it's bad to kill neutrals for their beltcontents.
We don't kill other black dragon, since we're one big intertwined family (let's cut down on the inbreeding comments allready).

Here's some info to look up what we stand for, and understand the motives of a black dragon runner.

Faction info from neocron website (http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=61)

Some screenshots of the first mission for the BD epic where you're told what being a BD is all about:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/winnoc/BDrules01.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/winnoc/BDrules02.jpg

In short, being a black dragon is all about sex, drugs, rock&roll, violence and respect. Imagine a merger between the hells angels and an italian mob family.

Mighty Max
07-02-06, 15:50
Oh god, let ppl learn where Roleplay ends and grief begins.

Honestly, you can perfectly play the no remorse and no mercy without killing 0/2. If you read that sentance further you'll notice that those two words are bad for business .... doubt the 0/2 was a (unwilling) client to the bd ... and you didnt make him addicted to your drugs this way ... guess that kill was bad for your business ... => unthought roleplay

*shakes head*

Brammers
07-02-06, 15:54
Well the real question to be asked is, what was the 0/2 doing with his LE out?

I remember doing the BD epic, and thought it was a good epic, except for the fact that TS is now neutral. If this epic was working in NC1, Pepper Park 1 would be a slaughter house everytime someone from BD came to that sector to do the parts of the epic that required you to visit the TS sector.

Mighty Max
07-02-06, 15:56
Well the real question to be asked is, what was the 0/2 doing with his LE out?

Thats another question that you can answer watching on the help channel, but anyways the LE does not decide if a kill is roleplay or not.

Paper Dragon
07-02-06, 15:56
No remorse and no mercy. Sure.

Let me try to take that seriously when I see constant posts whining about how nobody understands the Black Dragon, and threads dedicated to "justifying" their actions.

:s

Destino
07-02-06, 16:04
Roleplay point of view? Ok

Low levels have no valuable items for you
Low levels have no money for you (and they does'nt drop em neither)
Low levels have no money to spend in drugs or other stuff that you wish to sell
If you kill anti of high lev, that's ok, as you can have something back from it (belt). Really no need to kill low lev, cause you are traders or you can be thieves, but no killers, is'nt?

unreal
07-02-06, 16:24
Oh god, let ppl learn where Roleplay ends and grief begins.To some people it's griefing, to some people it's roleplay, at times, it can be both. I usually don't shoot low level enemies, unless they decide to attack me and such, or I just happen to shoot them without seeing their combat rank until after they're down. If I was a real pro-city enthusiast (ie, an extreme roleplayer) I would kill low level enemies without question simply because they're the enemy, and because the enemy does that to us (you'll always find some high level anti-city runner heading to/from the bunker in J01 to see if there's any newbie enemies to kill). You can generally tell when someone is actually new to the game, and just someone rolling a new character, I personally don't want to kill the first of those types of people, whereas some people just get the killing over and done with without a second (or first) thought.

If you don't like the things they do, kill them for it. What you're trying to depict is... "No remorse and no mercy - unless they're a low level noob"

FETISH (although it contains a serious 2year olds that can PvP well, Average Joe smells :p) is probably one of the only other clans on Terra I like, mainly because they have no monks to zerg and barrel with, therefore without millions of PPU's to cater for each of their fighters like certain other clans do.

Mighty Max
07-02-06, 16:35
If you don't like the things they do, kill them for it. What you're trying to depict is... "No remorse and no mercy - unless they're a low level noob"

You didn't read or understand my entire post.

I said that the black dragon has no remorse & no mercy when it comes to business. That does not include everyone, if it where, why don't you kill your clanmate standing next to you: "No remores no mercy!"

Skusty
07-02-06, 16:36
I'd love a mobfamiliy in NC city wich NCPD did't know about so we can just walk the streets there. And have som allies in NC and Doy. And hostiles in NC and Doy. .p

Digital-Talios
07-02-06, 16:38
This whole thing is simple:

Black Dragon like to kill people.

Thats it! Nothing more. The Black Dragon seek the production and distribution of drugs, whores, etc. They extort and blackmail on a regular basis. What make you think they care whether or not your a 0/2 or a 90/65? If you can be killed they will go in for the kill.

It may not sound fair to some of you but that is the reason. They just like to kill.

Dont like dieing every time you run into one then put your LE in or never leave a safe zone :lol:

Apocalypsox
07-02-06, 16:38
you'll always find some high level anti-city runner heading to/from the bunker in J01 to see if there's any newbie enemies to kill

And thats why i RP a "Protection" assasin and sit on the hill with my silent hunter drawn, waiting for anything to come out of those lovely Military Base gates.

Mighty Max
07-02-06, 16:40
Taking LE out means participating in PvP

Getting attacked by a capped char at 0/2 means participating in dieing.

See the little difference? I might want to fight some at my level, yet i don't want to get screwed with no chance to do anything.

Spermy
07-02-06, 16:47
It's all about perception. You see things different to bugs and vice versa. Worse things happen than an enemy killing another, regardless of circumstance. It's best if we just accept it, and turn heads towards more important issues than a few people killing one another.

giga191
07-02-06, 16:49
I've been appointed war tax collector by the head of the BD families. Anyone who refuses to pay shall be dealt with accordingly

THE_TICK!!!!
07-02-06, 16:51
Taking LE out means participating in PvP

Getting attacked by a capped char at 0/2 means participating in dieing.

See the little difference? I might want to fight some at my level, yet i don't want to get screwed with no chance to do anything.

actually, taking the LE out means you want to participate in other area's of the game, clan or pvp, OR your NOT new, and your using a monk..bleh to level you faster, see mighty it doesn't matter What reason it is out. its STILL out, the person in question is putting himself at the mercy of ANYONE who walks by. Oh and he IS participating, By takin his le out, he agreed to die, hell a /10 could kill him. Ignorance is not an excuse, and hell he could put it back in after he found himself layin on the floor. So, what where you bitchin bout again ?

Brammers
07-02-06, 17:02
actually, taking the LE out means you want to participate in other area's of the game, clan or pvp, OR your NOT new, and your using a monk..bleh to level you faster....

The LE XP penalty was removed a long long time ago in NC1 - along with the usage restrictions on items, and the payment to the Reza loyality scheme.

Mighty Max
07-02-06, 17:27
So, what where you bitchin bout again ?

The noob killing is preventing the low level player from fun playing (he is even smashed by its allies) without any advantage on the attackers side. There is no reason to do this beside the "i can therefor i do".

And if you'd read closely i don't want the PvP interested lowbe insering the LE again. He wants to fight so shall he. But fight is where he has a chance to hit back in any way.

You guys are complaining on less and less players around, but when a new player arrives you screw them till they leave again. And don't you even notice that they don't come and bring fun fights when they are big and can take revenge, because they left already.

But that was not the reason for the thread. Who sais BD's role is to show no merci and no remorse to anyone just don't understand BD's reasoning & story tbh.

Kame
07-02-06, 17:45
This is a war game, DoY and NC are at war.... so therefore all shots are permitted.

If you dont wanna pvp keep LE, you have option for it, as a player.

HOW INSANELY STUPID is it to expose urself to other players when u have NO CLUE ??.
That can only make me wonder what type of pvprs these guys will be if they ever choose to remain in NC.
Probably one of those guys that spec no resist, or like those that comes out of MB zoneline to shoot once and then go on safe side again.

On the other hand, i did take off the LE when i made my first char, and that was around 14 months ago.
I been PKd, and i have PKd as a nib.
Im still playing/paying, and i still love it.

And tbh, most chances are that the average un-LEd nib has 3 other high lv chars and he knows what hes doing.

Mighty Max
07-02-06, 17:55
A cheap excuse

The "war between doy & pro" doesnt count in allykills

The "no mercy no remorse" see the aboves post

The "i liked to be slapped as noob" is your very own ... preference

The "there is no noob, they all have high end alts" is ignorant

Yet the question is open: What is the reason to do so beside the "I can therefor i do"? What advantage is an attacker expecting? Is there any area you keep clear? Is there any contract that pays you for the dogtags? Is there any influence on how many drugs you sell? Did you ask for some payment to protect the runnor of unforseen attackers prior?

If there is no reason, yes then i define that as grief.

Kame
07-02-06, 18:01
your so caught up in ur own carebearish vision of things you see things as you want em.

Fine.

That will not stop ppl from killing nibs.

as far as me taking off LE when i joined, the point is THAT I STILL PLAY.

even if i got ganked as a nib that didnt made me quit the game.

those ppl would prolly quit the game anyways.

Dogface
07-02-06, 18:07
HOW INSANELY STUPID is it to expose urself to other players when u have NO CLUE ??.

I don't know, how stupid does it feel for you?

Kame
07-02-06, 18:12
I had a clue, i was hanging out with jini :P

and i felt very good when i got my fisrt kill as xx/30

RogerRamjet
07-02-06, 18:30
Jesus christ STOP WHINE!

People pay for this game, they can PK whoever they want, even if it is some 0/2. If he is stupid enough to run about in the wastes when theres BD running around, its his own fault. As Bugs said, we kill indiscriminatly.

My first few days on saturn, i got PKed constantly (namely by j0rz.tnk :D), but did i quit? No.I thought "one day, i can PK too". And thats what i, and im sure many other NC players, are doing.

THE_TICK!!!!
07-02-06, 18:38
The LE XP penalty was removed a long long time ago in NC1 - along with the usage restrictions on items, and the payment to the Reza loyality scheme. i was talkin about using ppu to heal s/d while the nib fought higher level mobs, without dying.

Mighty Max
07-02-06, 18:47
Jesus christ STOP WHINE!

Actually it was one of the "killers" to start this whine thread ....

Zheo
07-02-06, 18:48
leave bugs alone it's not his fault his clans high on drugs all the time they cant think straight!

Tratos
07-02-06, 19:00
At least FETISH does provide justification for their actions and actually follows it up in game through solid and consistant RP (Bugs' RP is pretty funny and consistant) as well as offering a service to players (drugs on the cheap to all factions) which was recently backed up by an event (Getting them into Plaza) organised by them allowing them to bring their service to other players. Having a Black Dragon dealer smuggle his produce into Neocron and hide out of the way offering products to the enemy is pretty cool if you ask me.

FETISH although a PK clan who do KOS the majority have actually put effort into their clan - Many PK clans in the past have done fuck all but kill newbies and their own allies. Granted FETISH do do the killing (and alot of it ;)) BUT their clan has worked an entire story around themselves and activly takes part in RP events and general ingame activities with a high quality and consistant stream of Role Play.

If you dont like what they do or them - Avoid them.
If you meet a new player in the game or find FETISH in areas where its likley they're gonna shoot the place up - Tell others to Avoid Them.

THE_TICK!!!!
07-02-06, 19:58
tratos, ive always said you where very wise :D

Bugs Gunny
07-02-06, 20:44
At least someone can see past the "omg i have to spend 6 minutes waiting off si and getting poked because i pulled the le".

We DO have rules you know, everyone in FETISH, and this surprised me when Tick, Asurmen and me thought up the concept one lonely night is a harcore pvper, yet they all agree on doing roleplaying.
Roleplaying is something that's looked down upon by many players, most think it's just for tradeskillers.
Well roleplaying adds a whole new dimension to the game.
Try it.

I'll actively support a pro policeforce that patrols leveling areas and has goofy ideas, like stripsearch people at genreps, write parking tickets at mb or drt etc....

Just get your head out off your asses, think up something that you enjoy, that makes others laugh and do it.

Now as to the ally killing, we kill allies yes, Crahn. But we don't kill other black dragon, in fact we help them, defend them from their enemies.
It's a LOT of work to do the drugselling, obtaining them is even harder as there's not that many people who will make huge quantities for hours and sell them so we can still break even if we count our own drugabuse. (thx a lot CS)
We fight without ppus because it's more off a challenge, and yes, people call us stealthwhores but they're usualy the ones with a parashocking holyhealing poodle behind them.

We have a clanappartement that's a brothel-bikerbar that's open to everyone to visit (BD sector, password FETISH, left button is all access).(thx to krysm and her dirty mind)

We spend time on thinking up things to do, roleplay events (like the techhaven strippermurder trial and the fetish drugrun into neocron).
We go out of our way to sell drugs to people in a corner in plaza, giving us a meager 50-100k profit if we get lucky and if the guards do'nt get us.
(btw, i'm sure you all think our belts get returned when we do die in plaza).

We don't play this game to grief people, we don't single out certain players.
This is all about making neocron more into the dangerous place we feel it should be, bringing some roleplay and action into the world, and teamwork.

P.S. Hell-demon, get your ass over, even as a 0/2, we need our roleplay director back. And Jake Hard is wondering where Assman went.

Spermy
07-02-06, 20:48
Actually it was one of the "killers" to start this whine thread ....

Funny - you were the one whining, bugs was the one informing O_o

l8m0n
07-02-06, 20:50
fair play to FETSIH they are the only BD clan sinse The Black Cartel that killed people because they can* and becuase it was par of being a BD (scum in other words) I used to kill other BDs for being n00bs or being fac whores and nice to see FETISH keeping it up.

And guys you dont need to post "this is why we kill people thread" you run around ganking people cos you can/want dont need to explain it here ;)

Kame
07-02-06, 21:43
People pay for this game, they can PK whoever they want, even if it is some 0/2.

Great point.

Mighty Max
07-02-06, 21:48
Funny - you were the one whining, bugs was the one informing O_o

What differs informing about an opinion you like against informing about an opinion you obviously don't like, that makes it whining.

The real funny thing is that you are supposing that it happens to me, and therefor i whine .... im no victim to noob killing and no victim to fetish ...

So if different opinions don't interest you in any way and you are not around to troll, just turn around and leave this thread.

Great point.
Great nonsense tbh. The 0/2 pays too, therefor he would have all the right to kill the /65 ... oups damn thats denied by gamemechanics

If you want to kill that noob, get a noob char yourself and do so (or let a low level clan member do it). Doing the kill with a capped char for no other reason is cowardly.

Bugs Gunny
07-02-06, 21:50
If a 5/7 char pulled his le and is in plaza 2n protected by all those guards and copbots i think he's fair game due to the fact he's an ENEMY, and he's got cops to protect him.

I think they should remove the ranks totaly from view too.
Makes thing much more exciting when you go in to fight someone, you'll see a pa wearing character, but you won't know what he's gonna pull out to get you.

xyl_az
07-02-06, 22:03
I think they should remove the ranks totaly from view too.
Makes thing much more exciting when you go in to fight someone, you'll see a pa wearing character, but you won't know what he's gonna pull out to get you.

that would be *very* nice indeed

Paper Dragon
07-02-06, 22:12
Remove the Faction and Clan info as well.

Then we'll see who truly has the balls for "no mercy, no remorse". ;)

giga191
07-02-06, 22:21
your avatar is from WoW, but the question is: does this make you opinion invalid?

RogerRamjet
08-02-06, 10:06
Great nonsense tbh. The 0/2 pays too, therefor he would have all the right to kill the /65 ... oups damn thats denied by gamemechanics

Of course he's denied by the game mechanics. I didnt jump out of MC5 66/65 with Pain Easer in my hands, i had to lvl my ass off.

Just like everyone else.

THE_TICK!!!!
08-02-06, 10:09

[ edited ]

SorkZmok
08-02-06, 10:39

If you want to kill that noob, get a noob char yourself and do so (or let a low level clan member do it). Doing the kill with a capped char for no other reason is cowardly.No one came out of MC5 capped. I usually pull the LE, except it's gonna be some gimped tradeskiller i'm about to level. I got ganked a million times. And it was worse, especially back in early NC1 when you would drop a random item from your quickbelt. I couldnt even count the guns that i had researched and constructed with my last money, then took out to level and instantly lost to some capped pistol tank with a freezer. :lol:

I also engage in noob pvp. If i come across someone around my level, i attack him. Noob pvp is actually great fun cause you never know how it's gonna end.
One of the best fights i EVER had was me and another PE, both around /25, chasing each other in the outzone sectors for hours.

Another thing...i gotta say i don't really like pking people who can't fight back. It just happens sometimes. If i come across a noob i usually just scare him, then if he got balls i sell him some drugs or i watch him run off like a headless chicken. And if he smacktalks, he's dead. Or if i see his rank too late. Or if the FL blobs accidently drop him.

Btw, did you ever play a character by the name JackScratch on terra? :lol:

Consequence: We like pking, you don't. We call it RP, you call it whatever you want. Let's just agree that we won't ever agree on this. I know people like you, no ones ever gonna change your point of view about that topic.

Major Power
08-02-06, 11:04
write parking tickets at mb or drt etc....

Ah Bugs! We used to do that in 101st back on Saturn, well me and Comlink did, we'd 'tax' people for illegally parking outside MB, and if they refused to pay out came the Moonstrikers and *BOOM*, bye bye vehicle - naturally it would have been far cheaper for the offender to pay the 10 credits :D

Of course rather than see this has RP, a couple of CityMercs policing the parking area directly outside MB, we'd get the usual DM's - I never knew my "Mom" was so intimate with so many runners on Saturn ;)

Drake6k
08-02-06, 11:09
I love killing everyone, including noobs.
My favorite are Fallen Angel spys that die before they can stealth.

I love killing people who suck at pvp, and people who think they are being clever. I love killing famous people, girls, tradeskillers, GMs, handicapped people, kids, new people, sometimes old people, and you actually.

Oh and I'm a roleplayer.

Actually I am, that was a joke. I do like killing everyone though.
(I dont kill BD or Crahn)

Bugs Gunny
08-02-06, 11:19
Jack, if you can talk to you psychologist about the crahn issue, we may just have a seat for you ;-)

Brammers
08-02-06, 11:30
In the past, PK clans have been a big pain in the backside, and they usually fade out quick or get ganged up on and removed.

This isn't the case with F.E.T.I.S.H. who have given the PK clan idea a breath of fresh air with some excellent roleplay.

Phoenix have had many run in's with them, and since they carried out several hits on Brammers and Tricia, Brammers is not about to take the KoS order off on them.

F.E.T.I.S.H is one of the few clans that gets respect from everyone in Phoenix not only for their RP, but for their PvP. Bugs is even welcomed on our vent server, even if we just had our ass's handed back to us in a fight. :D

Major Power
08-02-06, 11:33
And anyway, not offence to Bugs and the rest of F.E.T.I.S.H., but it's not like PK clans are new to NC?

Back on Saturn, early UK Retail, anyone without an LE was fair game for ol' Starkes and Syreus and the rest of H.A.T.E., I used to creep around storage rooms trying to level praying I didn't catch sight of a H.A.T.E. member (although I think there was only ever like 4 or so), or more importantly they didn't catch sight of me ;)

And dispite having a Libby emptied into me on repeated occasions by Starkes, rather than quit all I thought was "One day mate, one day..."; sadly he quit long before I was capped - he left when KK put a cap on Runspeed (that guy could outrun a freaking vehicle) and then soon after that introduced QB's which had to be hacked, I wonder what he's playing today...

I guess KK listened to all the whiners on the forums moaning about his insane runspeed :wtf:

Conduit
08-02-06, 11:57
I'm with Max on this one.
It seems like a lot of people have forgotten the kind reviews NC 2 got by a couple of pretty major gaming magazines back when it was released.
But hey, what the hell would a professional games journalist know about the way a games 'community' behaves? :rolleyes:

Drake6k
08-02-06, 12:25
Jack, if you can talk to you psychologist about the crahn issue, we may just have a seat for you ;-)

Hahaha, I thought about joining Fetish when I came back. I normally don't kill Crahn outside warzones.. because I can't be bothered with the SL hit. But thats because I'm lazy.

I thought I had quite the clan setup with Crackheads and Mirrorshades together.. Too bad it didn't fall through. I don't have enough time to play Neocron like I did before either.. Too many things about it piss me off and I'm on a fucked up time zone for another month.

@ Major Power:
Yeah I know what you mean, I remember hiding from Crackheads and Corpse Raping Canadians on Pluto.. I got killed 6-8 times a day back then and didn't know shit :p Always watching for Megaman, Joystick, and others.. I got my revenge at one time or another though. And now I love pk clans :D

Scaramanga
08-02-06, 12:33
Reap what you sew.

Counts on a single player to player level and on NC vs other MMOs.

giga191
08-02-06, 12:34
maybe we could take some OPs if KK sort out the balancing properly, would be nice to have a factory to turn into a drug manufacturing facility, and perhaps some lab to do some research into new drugs.

RogerRamjet
08-02-06, 13:22
Btw, did you ever play a character by the name JackScratch on terra? :lol:

That guy was actually against any form of pvp.