PDA

View Full Version : Click2Pay...

Leebzie
07-02-06, 11:55
Ok. So im trying to remain calm for now about this...

Last year I left neocron because of problems with C2P. I sent in a support request 3 days ago which was answered reasonably quickly by the NC support team, who have forwarded it to C2P, asking them to help me out.

Have heard nothing, how long will I have to wait ? I can imagine even when I do get a reply it is going to be problematic, because my account was closed due to a failed payment and when I rang them up to sort it out last year they locked my account out and said I needed to pay an additional fee or get it cleared with KK. Apparently a payment had failed and now I owed money. This isnt the case though because I did not recieve any product (i.e. gametime) that i did not pay for.

There is no way I am paying for a new licence or by a method other than CC (unless its as easy, and cheap - does PBC actually offer the ability to pay with credit/debit cards ? I couldnt see anything...).

Really what im asking has anything changed, I left this game months ago because of this very problem, recently, I have been talking with a lot of people about neocron and I have convinced 8 people to give neocron a shot and we are going to play together this half-term. I would hate to have to tell them that Its off because I cannot actually pay for the game ! (yea... thats 8 prospective players :()...

Scaramanga
07-02-06, 12:18
I use Paynova via PBC on the launcher. It's an e-wallet (think that's the term used). Put the cash in (as UK£ if you give an adress listed in UK even though you are paying a company in the euro zone) then when it has cleared through to the wallet you can pay for gametime using the launcher.

You may have to fuck around for a while verifying wallets and accounts/cards, but it's time consuming and not difficult.

Good luck!

Leebzie
07-02-06, 12:39
Just had a look over paynova, seems interesting but would it result in an automatic, monthly payment, or would I have to place the money there myself before each payment ?

From the Paynova Site :

The smallest amount you can deposit is 25,00 Euro and the maximum amount is 10 000 Euro. However, if you deposit less than 99 Euro, there is a fee of EUR 5,00, which is charged at the time of the deposit.
I am already pretty unsure about paying *again* for my NC client - as is required for some odd reason if I were to switch to PBC. If im reading all this right, my total cost would be EUR 26.99 , just for a months sub ! :( As much as I want to come back, Its just not right to pay that.

Bishop Yutani
07-02-06, 22:38
i'm in the same boat Leebzie and i'm no longer receiving emails from KK or C2P about it. I'm not paying another license fee just because i have to switch payment methods.

I was expecting to be contacted by a manager at one of the two companies who would resolve the situation for me, but no such luck. You'll be lucky if you get a response that takes in account more than the first sentence of your email.

How long will you have to wait?

A) Until Sony buys KK and takes over Neocron
B) Evo 2.2
C) Until you break down and pay the license fee again.

Have fun playing vicariously through reading the forum. I know i am :rolleyes:

Spermy
07-02-06, 22:50
I used splash plastic. Just put money on a card - money is taken off teh splash card - nowhere else, I used this after C2P dicked me out of 80 quid. You have to issue a paytmen from the card everytime the play period is up, but that takes 10 secs to do.

I've topped mine up with enough money for a years worth of NC :p so all I have to do is use it every time I'm due payment.

blackpheonix
07-02-06, 22:57
i opted for splash plastic too just waiting for my card to come thru :D

FarSight
07-02-06, 23:22
i got c2p account closed due to e-mail failure (e-mail dont exist anymore)..
24.01.2006 i made phone call
25.01.2006 i got 2 mails from them and send 2 (was shocked how fast they are and why ppl whine)
30.01.2006 i got 1 mail and send 1 (was quite pissed 1 week go)
04.02.2006 i did all they wantet from meh and made a call to them.... and they tld me they need to contact KK support to set some flags or smt....
nothing till today (2 weeks go)

am I pissed ??? YES

Toilet-Duck
07-02-06, 23:30
Paynova or Splash Plastic IMO is best for UK ppl for PBC with no addon fees except for the PBC fee.

Richard Slade
08-02-06, 02:37
KK, what's going to be done about these nutjobs?
You got a solution for us who don't wnat to go to hell?

rob444
08-02-06, 08:47
Let's go over there (to C2P) and throw a few of them grenades! rawr! I dislike C2P too, weird people but their support is really fast tbh, even on a sunday.

xyl_az
08-02-06, 10:08
i've switched to pbc and paynova and it works fine, the only downside is that you have to pay one time (i hope) 'license fee' for switching to their payment system.

@ lebzie
i think you misread something about paynova fees - for me, i can upload any amount to e-wallet and everything above 10 euro is free of charge. Remember to go through the launcher and pbc options, maybe they have some special (cheaper) offer for pbc users.

Leebzie
08-02-06, 10:34
Still no word from C2P !!!!! :mad: They must be now, positively the *worst* online company ive ever had dealings with... Id always had a lot of faith in online systems actually, ive never been ripped off or denied service by any other net company, so this is the first time an online company has truly dissapointed me. Anyway, ]

How long will you have to wait?

A) Until Sony buys KK and takes over Neocron
B) Evo 2.2
C) Until you break down and pay the license fee again.

A) Well that'd be cool, my experience with sony is very positive infact. (Played quite a few of thier MMO's and there was never tech trouble like this)

B) Well, im not bothered if i cant play... :(

C) Not a chance, if I go, im going to another game this half-term, and taking all the people id banded up, after all we all want to play together and there are plenty of other games that I could be subbed to within the next 10 mins. Perhaps call it 2-3 hours if I need to download a client.

Current NC Reactivation Wait : Day 5
Awaiting C2P Reply : Day 4

Making it the longest wait for a support reply ive ever had, I think ill give it... 2 more days, we'd all agreed to start playing something friday, and thats why ive been attempting to subcribe early, because I knew there would be *some* trouble, but had hoped they'd managed to fix the system that I quit because almost a year ago !.. My honest prediction ? I will never play neocron again... but we'll see, eh. (Actually that said , if they get a decent payment provider Id think about it)

Bishop Yutani
08-02-06, 21:02
also, remember to keep the entire email chain at the bottom of each new email to them. I noticed the last time i emailed them, they cut off all the previous conversations and then went back to the "Call your credit card company and ask them to remove Click2Pay from their block-lists" "tip" which is an issue i dealt with on Day 1 of the problem.

Odin
08-02-06, 22:25
KK, what's going to be done about these nutjobs?
You got a solution for us who don't wnat to go to hell?

It's already been stated many times we are looking at changing the payment system. More details won't be released until all details are finalized.

If your not getting a response from C2P either contact us (account@neocron.com) or get on the phone with them. Also if your using hotmail make sure your checking your spam filters daily as all too often mails get caught there.

Bishop Yutani
09-02-06, 19:18
Ahh yes, but what if Accounts AND C2P respond, but neither fix the problem?

Odin
09-02-06, 19:20
Ahh yes, but what if Accounts AND C2P respond, but neither fix the problem?

It's account not accounts. PM me the ticket number as I can't comment without knowing what the issue is and how it was handled.

giga191
09-02-06, 20:25
won't 10t get pissed if you manage to completely replace c2p? :lol:

Scaramanga
09-02-06, 21:52
You really have to fucking love this game to play it.

Think WoW's system was the easiest to use so far for payments. Shame the game's shite.

IceStorm
09-02-06, 22:19
won't 10t get pissed if you manage to completely replace c2p?I doubt it. A normal C2P account charges the owner 3 to 4% per non-checking account transaction (either to cover credit card costs or as a way to make money). C2P accounts created via the launcher avoid that charge (supposedly), so if anything I would expect C2P to be happy to be rid of us. They're oriented towards feeding the need of online gamblers, not dealing with a bunch of gamers who expect instant pampering after sending poorly worded e-mails.

Leebzie
11-02-06, 17:03
It's already been stated many times we are looking at changing the payment system.

Very happy to hear it too :D

Ok ill mail account again.