PDA

View Full Version : Changes needed for new players

6stringsamurai
07-02-06, 06:27
Well I recently started playing nc again, I havent played since nc1. I gave my account for nc1 away when I quit so I have had to start over. In my opinion a few things need to be changed if you want people who try the game to stick around.

1. a total rework of mc5 - the current mc is buggy and confusing to a new player and it kinda "sells" the game short

2. the starter weapons for some classes need to be reworked - example a grenade launcher for a tanks first weapon is a poor choice perhaps a laser or gatling cannon.

3. the weapons sold from stores need to be of better quality - Its lame when I have to use a weapon well below my skill lvl because i cant find a cst and researcher. The stats need to be at least around 70%

4. an online manual - containing store locations more info on what skills do and how to do thing such as cloning ammo and making weapon parts. and how many points in sub skills you need to do things.

my 2 cents

Zheo
07-02-06, 07:44
I agree, speically about noob weapons! having something at with really crap stats is annoying and construction should be so you can get a really good and weapon AND cap it with lower stats but no so you HAVE to get your weapon constructed.

Also if I didn't have my mate helping me when I first started i'd have been totally lost.

REWORK MC5 for newbies!

Apocalypsox
07-02-06, 09:13
one newbie weapon that really needs reworked is the nader- as a newb PE soldier cannot use it. you guys know how hard it is to get 2 PE levels in the sewers using your fists or that shitty knife they give you? (ok maybe not hard just very time consuming) and you know how shitty that nader is for leveling ANYWAYS? lol

jini
07-02-06, 09:53
A good idea for new players in mc5 area would be for NPCs who will research and construct low end weapons, just to introduce to the idea of tradeskilling. Also this, would give another reason to the new player to stick around in mc5, level a bit, get some starting cash, some weapons of good quality he can carries with, in his apartment when he choses to leave

eLcHi
07-02-06, 12:44
I think that the noob-weapon qualities need to be addressed.

I think a solution would be that store-bought weapons quality degrades with techlevel.

For example you could buy a cool (90%) TL13 Archer Companion Rifle and the TL30 Assault Rifle would sell at a degraded quality lets say 80%. And a high-TL weapon would sell at even less quality (TL80 = 50% or something). This way as you progress in the game you would gradually feel the need for constructed weapons.

giga191
07-02-06, 14:34
maybe they need to start with more than one new weapon, so that they have something to aim for when speccing points

Riddle
07-02-06, 14:42
I think that the noob-weapon qualities need to be addressed.

I think a solution would be that store-bought weapons quality degrades with techlevel.

For example you could buy a cool (90%) TL13 Archer Companion Rifle and the TL30 Assault Rifle would sell at a degraded quality lets say 80%. And a high-TL weapon would sell at even less quality (TL80 = 50% or something). This way as you progress in the game you would gradually feel the need for constructed weapons.

Only problem with this is you would put low level CST/RES out of business they can and do at the moment build good quality low tech weapons.
I would suggest maybe increasing the Starter weapon to 94% as its only used for first few levels after which tradeskilling would be needed.

I do agree that the weapons need a resort HC weapons are pretty poor tbh Low level nade launcher next weapon is another Nade launcher TL23 or the high tech laser iirc TL17? but thats basically 15 levels before a new weapon.

The fact its an AOE is also a pain for a noob.

Pantho
08-02-06, 05:17
I do agree with you, but i personally LOVE starting with the Nader. MC5 sucks true, but you get 20-30 mobs all spawn in the same spot,

Get the right Arch and thats some major AoE levling,,

Drake6k
08-02-06, 05:36
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=132021

My thoughts there.. ^

Although there are people who for some reason don't like "new people"..