PDA

View Full Version : list of caps?

Richard Slade
06-02-06, 18:48
Now is there a place to check how many points needed for different weapons to cap?

Castr0
08-02-06, 22:44
(bump) A list of skills needed to cap a weapon (considering it is all 120), would really help us (at least me) to make better setup for my chars (you don't waste point in Pistol Combat for exemple so you have more agility). Anyone have that ? or is interested in making one ?

Dribble Joy
08-02-06, 22:59
How about.....

You add points slowly untill you cap your weapon.... then put the rest where you want them........:eek:

cRazy-
08-02-06, 23:03
Its what I always do.

Castr0
08-02-06, 23:08
That is what I usually do too but when you want to make a setup on neoskiller, you do not often know which weapon you will use first (for a spy for exemple, being lowtech or hightech make a great difference in the point you put in PC I guess), and this could helps you to make your decision between 2 (or more) setups. I'm just saying it could be helpful. :angel:

Richard Slade
08-02-06, 23:13
Someone should be arsed to make one so you know beforehand how the total points will be sped :p

Castr0
08-02-06, 23:19
Moreover, when you do not have all the imps you would like to, it would save you from putting 140 in PC base instead of 130 for exemple, this means less loms which is really appreciable.

-=Jismo=-
10-02-06, 00:27
[QUOTE=Castr0] "for a spy for exemple, being lowtech or hightech make a great difference in the point you put in PC I guess" [QUOTE]

castro LOL ,

low tech spy ............ :lol:

RogerRamjet
10-02-06, 00:55
[QUOTE=Castr0] "for a spy for exemple, being lowtech or hightech make a great difference in the point you put in PC I guess" [QUOTE]

castro LOL ,

low tech spy ............ :lol:

lotech hybrid spy ;)

Bugs Gunny
10-02-06, 02:03
lom a spy and pe, then go to neofrag with a bunch of artifact freq and arti dammage guns. then start speccing different combinations of wpl and pc or rc.

cRazy-
10-02-06, 02:35
Jismo and Roger airnt good at the quote tbh.

RogerRamjet
10-02-06, 03:10
Jismo broke it.

Richard Slade
10-02-06, 09:20
Anyone got the bright idea "Oh let's do this"?
I can't work webpages for shit so... well.

-FN-
10-02-06, 09:28
The problem is there are more variables than just the P-C/R-C/H-C... when you find the "perfect" combination of P-C and WEP to *just* cap all your stats on a weapon, even if it's all 120, you then have to calculate the base INT and DEX because they play a role. And with 100 different setups, that can change, ergo the "perfect" flip point changes as well.

Bugs Gunny
10-02-06, 10:34
Well, pretty much every class has only 2-3 cookie cutter impsetups, so each setup has their "ideal" points.

For instance a no pa pe on drugs (100 dex) using medium energy belt uses 90wpl and 168pc to cap a judge.

Richard Slade
10-02-06, 12:28
The problem is there are more variables than just the P-C/R-C/H-C... when you find the "perfect" combination of P-C and WEP to *just* cap all your stats on a weapon, even if it's all 120, you then have to calculate the base INT and DEX because they play a role. And with 100 different setups, that can change, ergo the "perfect" flip point changes as well.
Ya, well I thought so too, but calculating how much one int/str/dex/psi is worth shouldn't be that hard?
It's no rocketscience :lol:

Spermy
10-02-06, 14:04
Well, pretty much every class has only 2-3 cookie cutter impsetups, so each setup has their "ideal" points.

For instance a no pa pe on drugs (100 dex) using medium energy belt uses 90wpl and 168pc to cap a judge.

Now this is where I get interested, What effect does a Pure Base Attribute point (on,dex,int etc) Have over say, an artificial point ( Con/dex etc gained from druigs or implants.) if any?

Ya, well I thought so too, but calculating how much one int/str/dex/psi is worth shouldn't be that hard?

It's on one of those diminishing scale thingies, you have to work the formula thingy for that bit, for example when 3 points further on become equal to the one point you needed earlier in the scale. I don't mean the 50/75/100 bridges, I mean for example when 1 point would increase your aiming cap on a weapon by a set integer, whereas higher up the levels, one point no longer has the same effect.

SorkZmok
10-02-06, 14:13
It's not a constant thing, there's several flippoints that add a lot more than others.

I.e. speccing 1 point raises your dmg% by 2 and suddenly you hit a flippoint where 1 point adds 5 or so.

Castr0
10-02-06, 18:20
Yea I meant lowtech PE and not lowtech spy (I guess :p ).
90 wpl and 168 pc makes you capp a 120 all Judge ?

Dribble Joy
10-02-06, 18:28
You can also cap a judge with 172 pc and 56 wep, which is more suited to impers/hackers.