PDA

View Full Version : make tanks not suck.

creampie
05-02-06, 09:00
how about KK makes tanks be usefull to play again that would pwn

tank o cron back in the day was dang digity shizzzzzznat

<3<3 <3

elem3nt[]
05-02-06, 09:02
agreed, fuck monks

Tarn
05-02-06, 09:03
Tanks are good, just gota know how to play em :) - but yes they are the least overpowered atm.

creampie
05-02-06, 09:07
[ edited ]

creampie
05-02-06, 09:08
Tanks are good, just gota know how to play em :) - but yes they are the least overpowered atm.

no they are no where near as good as monks. tanks are like taking a pe to a op fight these days USELESS :)

Tarn
05-02-06, 09:14
Sure monks are Overpowered to hell and are the best class out there atm, who dosnt know that?. Tanks are still good in OP wars seeing they can use a moonie dev etc etc which would not make them useless. I have 3 tanks of my own.

elem3nt[]
05-02-06, 09:15
[ edited ]

Tarn
05-02-06, 09:19
'][ edited ]
You see that little title under my user name?

creampie
05-02-06, 09:19
'][ edited ]

[ edited ]

Zheo
05-02-06, 10:36
When you say "Tanks are like pe's at an op fight, useless." it's because their not over capped. You see I don't play the flavour of the month, I have one monk and thats because I want to use ppu buffs for his barter and implant skill rather than trying to find a ppu :) my main character and the only pvp character I have is my tank, quite frankly I don't care if he's fodder i'd rather die as a tank than live as a monk just because their more powerful, 50% of NC are better pvp'ers than me and the other 49% are new players or people that either don't or just really suck at pvp, and you know what! as long as i enjoy the fight I don't really care if i win or not, im here to have fun not beat some whiney 14 year old who bunks off school to play nc all day every day.

Edit:// I do agree tanks need "repairing" or perhaps their fine, it's just every other class :D

SorkZmok
05-02-06, 10:54
It's not tanks being crap, it's monks being better.

There's the problem.

Clobber
05-02-06, 17:41
It's not tanks being crap, it's monks being better.

There's the problem.

Aye I guess, but I think reload nerf hit HC tanks more than any class so they got screwed even more.

Tanks are still good in OP wars seeing they can use a moonie dev etc etc which would not make them useless. I have 3 tanks of my own.

So good that all the really good HC tanks either quit the game or play monks in op fights :rolleyes:

Tarn
05-02-06, 21:29
So good that all the really good HC tanks either quit the game or play monks in op fights :rolleyes:
Never said they were better than i monk now did i? i said they wernt totaly useless.

Spermy
05-02-06, 21:44
This thread is an affront to nature =/

SorkZmok
05-02-06, 23:24
Aye I guess, but I think reload nerf hit HC tanks more than any class so they got screwed even more.In general, some guns got nerfed worse than others by that.
Tanks are just off worse because 90% use the CS. The FL got the same nerf, so did the slasher. Pretty much all guns with a high rof/burst and low clipsize got nerfed bad.
The other classes just aren't stuck with only one viable gun where tanks are stuck with the CS.

:mad:

RogerRamjet
06-02-06, 00:14
Use dev. Huge clip, outrageous damage.

Bugs Gunny
06-02-06, 02:31
True, reload did fuck up tanks and hc pes.

But the main problem is that having a ppu plugged apu vs a ppu plugged tank at an opfight, the apu will win most of the times, even with less skill.
And the apu can hack without gimping himself.

Cadgar
06-02-06, 02:44
in nc1 you created tanks because you wanted to pwn monks and all other classes. you destroyed them laughed at them and everyone was whining about overpowered tanks.

now in evo days everyone who wants to pwn makes a monk and everyone is whining about oberpowered monks.

now there are 2 solutions:

- switch to monks to pwn again, just like u did in nc1
- play a spy, then u are good in pvp with every patch

:angel:

RaekOne
06-02-06, 12:16
imho there have always been issues with the monk class, since I have been playing...
Be it the old Hybrid problem, or the situation we have today....

The RoF and ease of replenishing mana pool combined with the ability to get the best con setup (buffs and primes running) in game makes the monk hard as to beat...

Dont really have a viable solution, but one thing for sure is that as it stands the actual game Neocron is nowhere near true to the actual story it depicts (tanks being created to fight the wars etc)

giga191
06-02-06, 12:42
i dont understand why they gave the class with the worst con the best armor

Torq
06-02-06, 16:05
i dont understand why they gave the class with the worst con the best armor

cuz kk seems to like monks and if there was only the str based armor, they were really bad. I don't want to remove the armor completely, just nerf it by 40%. That would be sooooo cool.

Cadgar
06-02-06, 17:17
wth why do u want to nerf monk armor? the most resi there is energy nerf it and a apu can kill ur supporting ppus really quick. doesnt make that monks more imba? O_o

SorkZmok
06-02-06, 19:58
wth why do u want to nerf monk armor? the most resi there is energy nerf it and a apu can kill ur supporting ppus really quick. doesnt make that monks more imba? O_oI'm all for nerfing monks. And lowering the (insane) armor resists would help with that.

PPUs being easier to kill is a good thing. Also APUs would go down faster (as they are actually supposed to).

Good thing, isn't it? :)

CMaster
06-02-06, 20:56
wth why do u want to nerf monk armor? the most resi there is energy nerf it and a apu can kill ur supporting ppus really quick. doesnt make that monks more imba? O_o
Log a tank. Look at the armour values.
Log a monk. Look at the armour values.
Monks don't need any more than 45 Con when there armour does all THAT.

Zheo
06-02-06, 20:57
It sprang to my mind a way to fix the so call monk-o-cron problem, also the whining about tanks,

First off for tanks (hc i guess) Remove the -25 athletics and replace with most likely -25 mc. then double the clip size of most weapons.

As for monks i think the main problem stems from the ppu side, and also one unnamed spell *cough*psi attack 2*cough* used by hybrids. The problem is that you can make a hybrid this compines the attack of an apu with the resistance of a ppu making them extreamly difficult to kill infact unless you play another hybrid or the guys a total noob you don't fight them alone.

So here's my solution

1. Remove holy heal, shelter and def.
2. Bump up the req's for blessed heal, shelter and def.

That would hopefully sort things out a bit if you ask me

Kame
07-02-06, 12:24
Double clip size ???

what about devourer (20 shots) and speedgat (12shots) ???
Those weapons are fine.

Any tank with a 10 shots CS would be overpowered.

The problem isnt with tanks themselves, but with game mechanics.

fjutte
21-02-06, 15:04
Anyone got a good PVP TANK setup?

SorkZmok
21-02-06, 15:21
CS and Ravager need a bigger clipsize. Apart from that, tanks are fine.
I've ripped people apart with a CS, even extremely defensive PE setups go down pretty easy if you manage to hit em constantly. Just in the end with low health and a tl10 heal running they're a fucking bitch to take down if you ain't got a Ravager on you.
I've had a PE on about 5% health, took me 2 full clips to finally get him down.
And i'm poor, i can't be arsed to carry my only ravager in my belt.

On tank pvp setups, just search the forums, i posted a quite good one somewhere.
/edit
Here's the tank setup. It's quite close to the one i'm using. And i kick ass. :p
http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1949891&postcount=40

Safunte
21-02-06, 17:24
clip extenders. Would make the using only 20/40 from a plasma cannon packet make more sense (as thats what it probably was originally made for). Spare slot = more ammo/better stats/ammo mod, your choice.

Zheo
21-02-06, 19:20
Double clip size ???

what about devourer (20 shots) and speedgat (12shots) ???
Those weapons are fine.

Any tank with a 10 shots CS would be overpowered.

The problem isnt with tanks themselves, but with game mechanics.

What about it? Dev is a poor pvp weapon and speed gatlin guzzles stamina like an american car :D Bigger clip size probably isnt needed on either or those however it IS needed on a CS/Rav also fix plasma waves :D