PDA

View Full Version : Neptune locked slot ?

Super Mario
05-02-06, 04:51
does the locked slot still work on neptune!?!

oh and where is everyone? neptune is the sex!!!!

Apocalypsox
05-02-06, 05:16
neptune is the suck

Tarn
05-02-06, 06:57
There is NO safe slot on Neptune.

SorkZmok
05-02-06, 10:38
Neptune is a pain in the ass these days. The increased xp gain doesnt mean faster leveling anymore as you will spend much more time getting the items you need, ressing, constructing, finding pokers, rareparts and all the hacknet/fsm items.

-FN-
05-02-06, 12:15
Heh - unless KK is buying NEW servers, I'm willing to place bets that Neptune's gonna be sacked for something like a 2.2 test server... one can dream at least :( I can't imagine how much money is just thrown away monthly for that 500% desolate server - I wouldn't waste your time dude... there are MUCH better single player games out these days, lol

giga191
05-02-06, 12:34
I wouldn't waste your time dude... there are MUCH better single player games out these days, lol but it's his only chance to be the best on a server :p

Dogface
05-02-06, 15:47
It's not like 0 people play there, fools...

Safunte
05-02-06, 16:06
I will say, although the playerbase is extremely low compared to the other servers, Neptune's ruleset fits the game much better, and I highly advise people to start making the switch over there so we can keep a Neocron-like ruleset before it becomes all fairies and elves holding hands with carebears.

Riddle
05-02-06, 17:45
Pandora=Neptune=Test server 2.2 :lol:

Logan_storm_03
05-02-06, 17:57
It's not like 0 people play there, fools...

You're right, only Fools play there. When I want to play a GAME, i log onto terra :P

Tratos
05-02-06, 17:58
Pandora=Neptune=Test server 2.2 :lol:

I hope not. Neptune needs to be fixed and revived not given up on.

Super Mario
06-02-06, 02:39
agreed altho the pop is near non-existant maybe it's just cause people are too lazy to try it!

1-2 days and you have a char at 100 w/e the main stat is. and whats to stop you going with your friends on terra or mars or where ever.
whats wrong scared of dieing when you get a good wep/spell... so what if you do!

No belt hacks = revenge if you spend a little time on there maybe a week you could have what we have here! Dont for get Rome wasnt built in a day but on neptune you can be capped in a day and fighting within less then a minafter dieing.

when everyone started out here on terra some had NC1 goodies but some didnt they didnt give up did they and now they have near the same if not better!!!

Cor
06-02-06, 02:55
What gets me is the hard core whinners wanted aPVP server.They finally got it... then abandoned it. KK listen to the community and give them what they want...now look at it now. Then you have the balls to sit there bitch KK about not listening to the community. Will they did and the failure of Neptune falls on the Community. You want it ...You got it ... Now do something about it...play it.

Dogface
06-02-06, 09:40
awwww they didn't want to lose their rares or not be able to sit in plaza 1 or TH in peace... Neptune had at least a 31% pop when it started, people blamed it on the LE. Nothing to do with the LE. There was a shit load of people on the server. These 'hardcore' NCers couldn't take the ruleset..

RogerRamjet
06-02-06, 11:18
What gets me is the hard core whinners wanted aPVP server.They finally got it... then abandoned it. KK listen to the community and give them what they want...now look at it now. Then you have the balls to sit there bitch KK about not listening to the community. Will they did and the failure of Neptune falls on the Community. You want it ...You got it ... Now do something about it...play it.

Its the same with NC2. They whined and whined and pissed and moaned and when it came, they quit saying it wasnt NC1.

giga191
06-02-06, 11:49
i'd be suprised if anyone was pleased with the way NC2 turned out considering how long we waited for it

Bugs Gunny
06-02-06, 12:47
I wonder if they'll give people playing neptune a character transfer if they do decide to make it into a testserver.

Digital-Talios
06-02-06, 16:50
I wonder if they'll give people playing neptune a character transfer if they do decide to make it into a testserver.

I would highly hope so. It would be awesome to say the least...

After playing on Neptune for 3 months or so I have grown quit used to the server rules. They are awesome. Great SI regeneration is the best. No zone whorring is great too :)

DARK_Overfiend
06-02-06, 17:23
Neptune will either switch to another Patch Test Server,

or merge with another server.

Like most games do, due to the lack of people logging above 2% capacity.:o

I'd prefer them to, rename it Saturn/Pluto, and get use to download some of the old files from NC1,:lol:

and make it a 2-4 slot char NC1 Server....:angel:

Where we pay for our NC2 bills, and get chance to play back in the day NC1. (For Free):D

Models, etc. storyline.
make the NC1 storyline start all over.;)

Tarn
06-02-06, 18:10
That would be sick..... and mabe optional to transfer chars? ;)

Super Mario
06-02-06, 18:18
No thats a bad idea tbh.

People just need to get there finger out of there asses and lvl.

Just cause you cant jump on there and fight stright away whats the biggy?

you will just have to tech hunt for a while to get those rares you (think) need. Then if you lose them go kill the Sob that killed you easy as that. So come on all the ppl that posted that it's such a bad idea to play there. why not say what your prob is with the server rathr then just spout out crap tbh.

Btw i suck at pvp and i ain't scared whats your excuse?

(that wasnt pointed at any one person just everyone who wanted the pvp server and didnt bother staying there when they had it)

Dogface
06-02-06, 18:27
Btw guys I'd just like to mention that it IS fair if people get to transfer their chars from Neptune, (if its even going to be allowed) this is fair because some of the chars on there are very old. Some people have had their chars since the server opened. Besides, even if they did transfer both of them its not like they have all their char slots filled up with quickly leveled runners (thats if they went to Terra, I'm sure most would).

Anyway, I think it would be nice to show some people what it's like on a *real* server, because lets face it, Neptune was never a proper server. It's hardly fair to make them level all their chars again just because they chose to play a different server, they did nothing wrong to have all that taken away really.

Who the hell wants their main char on a test server..? :confused:

Digital-Talios
06-02-06, 18:58
Btw guys I'd just like to mention that it IS fair if people get to transfer their chars from Neptune, (if its even going to be allowed) this is fair because some of the chars on there are very old. Some people have had their chars since the server opened. Besides, even if they did transfer both of them its not like they have all their char slots filled up with quickly leveled runners (thats if they went to Terra, I'm sure most would).

Anyway, I think it would be nice to show some people what it's like on a *real* server, because lets face it, Neptune was never a proper server. It's hardly fair to make them level all their chars again just because they chose to play a different server, they did nothing wrong to have all that taken away really.

Who the hell wants their main char on a test server..? :confused:

Great post. Ive seen some new faces (totaly new to nc) join the neptune server. Would be great if they could transfere their peep over.

I support the character transfere if neptune is canned. Others agree with me on neptune and one even said they would quit nc all together if they had to start over on Terra.

If neptune is canned so be it but dont shaft the people there who liked the server from the begining.

xyl_az
07-02-06, 14:15
1st:
WE DO NOT FUCKING KNOW IF NEPTUNE IS GOING TO BE DUMPED OR NOT...

uhm and KK, this thread is an example that we DO NEED TO KNOW this little info, you [self edit - but there was some very bad expression here, just so you know]!!!

2nd:
as the usual answer to several questions/ideas/opinions posted in this thread, heres the copy'n'paste generic answer of mine. Sorry but i cant be arsed to type the same fucking thing over and over again.

neptune flaw is the structural one, it was supposed to be a dangerous and hardcore server, a "pvp" one (which would translate as: a world with unlimited/unrestricted pvp), but KK screwed all of this by leaving LEs in place which are simply negating lack of safezones and battlefields which are again, negating the point of unlocked 1st slot. So the only thing which differs neptune from other servers right now is a high-speed xp gain which only adds to the boredom factor (it was thought as a compensation for lack of safezones and safeslots, but there are both safezones aka LEs and safeslots aka battlefields, so this factor is doing more harm than good atm).

another thing, neptune was supposed to be a different from other servers - so heres the question for people like you who are saying that if we turn neptune back to normal settings everything would be ok - if neptune became carebear server with safeslots and safezones and all that shit, would you leave your current server to play on it? (warning, rhetorical question)
obviously, theres no reason for such move... as it would be the same as on your prime server. Would more people join NC if we turn neptune into another server with standard settings? look at mercury...

So once again, the point is to :
1. get more people for KK (not just transfer people from one server to another, its obviously pointless)
2. do something that will make people join neptune

the answer is, neptune has to be different from other servers so it could encourage old players to play again, new ones looking for some hardcore actions - not the same type of players which are playing terra, because they already have 3 servers for this (and they are far from beeing full).

Got it now?
3 servers waiting for certain kind of players,
0 (zero) servers waiting for people who would like a real pvp server (only broken neptune which isnt a pvp or hardcore server, but just a high-speed lvling server)

giga191
07-02-06, 14:28
I wonder if they'll give people playing neptune a character transfer if they do decide to make it into a testserver. then i'd have 2 xbow PEs

Brooklyn
07-02-06, 19:35
I'd prefer them to, rename it Saturn/Pluto, and get use to download some of the old files from NC1,:lol:

and make it a 2-4 slot char NC1 Server....:angel:

Where we pay for our NC2 bills, and get chance to play back in the day NC1. (For Free):D

Models, etc. storyline.
make the NC1 storyline start all over.;)

OMFG thats an excellent idea !!!!

-B

DARK_Overfiend
07-02-06, 21:06
Lol Dude.