PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Squidgit
04-02-06, 23:48
Hey my first post. Currently downloading Neocron Evolution 2.1 via Filefront, while that is happening let me introduce myself.

My name is Carl (aka Squidgit) and having played Matrix Online (still do, for now) and briefly Star Wars Galaxies I am now giving Neocron a try. SOE have ruined SWG and although I play The Matrix Online from time to time I wanted to play something, that while still retains the big city type game, does not revolve around a film tie-in, so I am gonna give Neocron a try.

See you all in the city soon,

Squidgit

cRazy-
04-02-06, 23:51
HELLO CARL

im soo drunkkgc

Riddle
05-02-06, 00:09
Welcome runner ;)

Spermy
05-02-06, 00:41
Welcome.

If you can work the interface out, give Phayse a shout on Direct.

F! - Direct - Type "Phayse" in the box.

Also on your F1 menu - Custom channels.

Highlight faction, and have the box by it ticked. This assigns your custom channel to faction, possibly the most useful channel aside from help.

Uncheck Alliance and help for now, use them only when needed.

Alt+c cycles chat channels.

Nidhogg
05-02-06, 01:13
Welcome to the city (whichever one you choose). Keep your eyes peeled and don't hesitate to communicate if you have questions. The biggest mistake people make is sitting there in silence rather than talking - we like talking down here. ;)

N

elGringo
05-02-06, 03:18
ello' there :)

listen to what those guys said ...neocron is an extremely complex and confusing game when you get started (It all makes sense after a month or two .. but the learning curve is quite steep)... so make sure you -do- make use of the various channels and ask your way through for the first days (everybody's been there and apart from the odd asshat a lot of people ingame a very helpful with explaining game mechanics & stuff).

Hope you'll enjoy your time arround here .. although the first days can be painful until you get a feel for how the game works :p

Napalm82
05-02-06, 04:00
Welcome Runner.

The best tip i can give is when you enter the game and you have any questions, press F1 -> select CUSTOM -> go down the list and find: HELP channel -> and type your question.

Most people will try to help you as much as they can while a nice handful of people might just drop what they're doing and maybe set you up with some items and advice about the game.

Also when in-game most people will probably ignore you if you try to beg, but asking for help in a nice way might you just you much further than a handful of credits.

- Nap

rob444
05-02-06, 11:16
Welcome Carl, I hope you are prepared to get stuck in the game that has the best mmorpg pvp experience in the world ;)

-FN-
05-02-06, 12:20
Welcome :)

[shameless plug]

http://nc.synergyxr.net/

[/shameless plug]