PDA

View Full Version : [OT] DDO Beta

Logan_storm_03
04-02-06, 00:31
RAWR I got into DDO beta, and I have got to honestly say .... NC > DDO tbh. Its just a snazzed up WoW with a slightly better fighting system and pretty graphics, But my god are the quests boring. Do NOT get me started about this lame narrator that narrates everything in this annoying accent. "You breath heaverly as you creep into the creepy crypt". "You hear the slight rasp when the zombie dies (again) " After 5 minutes it drives you mad.

Stay away! for the love of all things holy (well its not that bad) I guess its for D&D fans only really. 8|

Just proves that even a latest MMO with all the snazz graffix still pales by comparason to our old reliable neocron. Bah

"- We recommend you have an Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or compatible CPU (must support SSE) with 1GB of RAM or more, Geforce FX or Radeon 9800
or better with 128MB, hard disk with 5GB free disk space for the best experience"

Meh Ill give it another hour or so. If it doesn't get any better any one want a DDO beta account? :p

suler
04-02-06, 00:34
I'd try it.

giga191
04-02-06, 00:39
what i don't understand is why someone doesn't make a GTA mmorpg.

Logan_storm_03
04-02-06, 00:41
Yeah that would be cool, along with meybe a STALKER MMO, and make some zombie themed MMO while they are at it.

Mighty Max
04-02-06, 00:42
Yeah, im currently DLing.

I'll leave a nick when i created my first char.

Hoping Turbine is creating a good new game and don't remake the errors they made with AC2. (Btw you can still find me in AC: DM/ToD on Morningthawn if someone plays that too)

nobby
04-02-06, 03:00
what i don't understand is why someone doesn't make a GTA mmorpg.

Well actually...there's one set for 2007 !

Koshinn
04-02-06, 10:15
Fallout MMO plz?

rob444
04-02-06, 11:03
Fallout MMO plz?

That would be so sweet. I hope it would be in real combat though ;). And a lot of gory death animations hrr hrr hrr.

Richard Slade
04-02-06, 13:18
Fallout MMO plz?
Never noticed that this is one?

unreal
04-02-06, 13:55
reliable neocronDid you really just say the R word next to the N word? o_O

Logan_storm_03
04-02-06, 14:10
reliable sense as that its always there to get a kick out of. Not how stable the engine is or how many bugs it got :cool:

Koshinn
04-02-06, 18:31
Never noticed that this is one?
This isn't even close to fallout. This is more cyber-punk than post-apocalyptic.

Judge
04-02-06, 18:46
I'm technically in the Beta, however I'm having issues downloading from Fileplanet. Keeps on failing and being corrupt... and its not like a 1.7GB download is small either. =/

giga191
04-02-06, 19:11
Well actually...there's one set for 2007 ! what's it called?

Mighty Max
04-02-06, 21:15
I'm technically in the Beta, however I'm having issues downloading from Fileplanet. Keeps on failing and being corrupt... and its not like a 1.7GB download is small either. =/

Yepp. had the same problem. However after 5 times in the queue my dl was complete.

I'm there as "Morning Thaw" and "Harvest Gain". Took the first server, dont remember really how it is called.

Breakaway
06-02-06, 03:05
erm... yay... im in the DDO beta also... but tbh thos requriements look pretty crazy, and i dont tihnk any good computer would be bale to handle more than 100 people in a zone, so if anyone wants a beta key i have one, as im gunna give it a miss

Infinite
06-02-06, 08:47
*sigh* at TW being canceled :(

Richard Slade
06-02-06, 16:04
This isn't even close to fallout. This is more cyber-punk than post-apocalyptic.
Have you looked outside the city lately?
The nuclear fallout is just about everywhere, DoY is in ruins, the people are hardly even alive and the mutation is truly spreading even further
If this isn't post-apocalypse then WHAT is?!

sl33py
06-02-06, 17:09
Funny when there are about 30 peoples around, my fps gets seriously hit and the game clogs up my p4 3.2 and GF7800 GTX.
I tried DDO for about 20 minutes, but fell asleep on the keyboard.

btw Richard I wanno go apocalyptic on the ass in your sig :p, who does it belong to?

DARK_Overfiend
06-02-06, 17:14
Yeh i got Access to the European Phase of DDO.

too bad my pc is screwed up......

Richard Slade
06-02-06, 19:26
btw Richard I wanno go apocalyptic on the ass in your sig :p, who does it belong to?

That's a male armpit you freak :eek: :wtf: O_o O_o

Clive tombstone
06-02-06, 19:56
Funny when there are about 30 peoples around, my fps gets seriously hit and the game clogs up my p4 3.2 and GF7800 GTX.
I tried DDO for about 20 minutes, but fell asleep on the keyboard.

how much ram you have man? Im running 1gig and a decent card, on a p43.2gig pc, and Im fine, you lieing about somethin? :D

DARK_Overfiend
06-02-06, 20:03
i barely get a constant 30.6 fps:confused: , never get 60.0 o_O

im running a AMD 64 3000+ running at 3.2Ghz

about 1Gb Kingston DDR PC3200 (http://www.web-systems.co.uk/?page=Products&pid=913)

Geforce 6Series 6600 GT 128mb PCI-E
(wish i had another for the SLI Bridge)

and tooo much HD space.:rolleyes:

im prolly gonna upg the memory thou eventually.

to some.

Corsair Twinx 2x1GB matched XMS3200 TWINX2048-3200PT Platinum
http://www.aria.co.uk/mainimages/MEM-T2048-3200.jpgAbout £163.33 inc.Vat

or i mite just get some of these:

Corsair Twinx 2x512MB XMS4000 Pro

http://www.aria.co.uk/mainimages/MEM-T2048-3200PR.jpgAbout £140.94 inc. Vat

But then again im talking about Fps in Neocron, i recon for this i should get a constant 60.0, i do with Matrix Online all GPU options on full detail, never get lagg or fps problems. might try DDO out against the FPS when my PC is fixed

Dade Murphey
06-02-06, 20:17
The narrator is Gary Gaigax and the other co-founder of D&D...I thought the narration was pretty good...the quests are done pretty well, very similar to normal type dungeon crawls in tabletop D&D and from what I understand they get longer and harder the higher lvl you get

I got accepted into beta but for some reason my comp likes to reboot with no warning when trying to bring up the game...it'd not done that in past and it's pretty obnoxious

I wouldn't say it's similar to wow, too much...many of the fantasy style games are setup in similar fashion to begin with...it's more a mesh of tabletop character sheets meets Asheron's Call

It's got potential and from what I've played, rogues are pretty fun...runs pretty ruff on my machine though so that sucks...but works great on my friends new one...guess it's time to buy a new machine

DARK_Overfiend
06-02-06, 20:26
but for some reason my comp likes to reboot with no warning when trying to bring up the game...

well ive had that problem before i got it alot for WoW, its just when sometimes the graphics card screws up cos the drivers u run dont support the game properly.

but it never happend to me everytime i wanted to play it was like random restarts, once every 4-8 hrs.

only shitty thing wid WoW was that everytime u crash, you have to sit there wid the repair tool for about 50 mins.

Just keep reporting it as a bug, if theres a bug submit tool.
or post your problem on their Beta forums.

Judge
07-02-06, 00:37
Too much instancing... I feel like I'm playing a single player game at the moment... there just happens to be a load of player looking people whenever I go to a tavern. For some reason the game just doesn't encourage standing around in the city and chatting, unlike WoW for example, you can run around seeing loads of really cool places in the cities. Tbh, I think that they should have gone with Sharn as their starting city, far cooler. :D

It all just seems too formulaic, and not easy enough to get into the groups that the dungeons obviously require. Plus with the watered down 3rd Ed ruleset it just doesn't give off the atmosphere that I was hoping. I guess that if you got into a good guild, or were playing with a load of mates, all of different classes then it'd be alot better, chatting over Vent or something.

I do, however applaude Turbine for attempting to keep with the adventure style of D&D, it just needs a bit more work on it.

Morganth
07-02-06, 00:51
I like the look of it, gives me the impression that the game play is designed to be fairly close to the table top original, looks like the kind of game I'd play once a week or so as a change, as the graphics look fairly sweet.

Wonder how many people read their NDA.

Mighty Max
07-02-06, 01:13
Yeah i don't like the instancing too, but i found out that this only happens on loaded areas. I've found taverns with no instances at all. Alltho dungeons are allways party-based instanced.

Once you get into the marketplace things get much more situated. No more dozens of ppl staying in the entrance to get healed up and leave again.

What i really like is that this game is complete team based. I spent most of the day to play through the chapters of the water works with a good party.

The resources of one player alone are very limited, but together with your party they are extended nicely. I first thought wtf i can't heal myself beside this expensive (unaffordable for regular use) potions? Then you meet your party rogue that saves you a lot of hitpoints you'd otherwise loose (damn traps) and that cleric that can heal you until his mana is used up.

Wonder how many people read their NDA.
The NDA was lifted with this beta

darkservent
07-02-06, 02:55
How is the combat in this game, Im just downloading it now.

sl33py
07-02-06, 12:54
summarized: ZZzz...

:angel:

DARK_Overfiend
07-02-06, 21:09
I Heard and Saw rumours/news of a Stargate MMO being Created lol....

Wish they didnt cancell the actual game they were bringing out.

Richard Slade
08-02-06, 02:46
So anyone who doesn't want their DDO beta, gimme a PM, I want it :angel:
*dodges Nids hammer, matrix style*
http://homepage.usask.ca/~csa731/wallpaper/Matrix.jpg

sl33py
09-02-06, 14:58
i really wished it was an ass in your sig, fucking looks like an ass, who the fuck puts an armpit in his sig :(:(

no beta account for you:p rar... i might check ddo out again tonight... i'll think about it