PDA

View Full Version : PVP with tanks

Digital-Talios
03-02-06, 16:46
I had my first real pvp experience last night in NF. I was a totaly capped tank with capped CS and all that jazz. My opponent was a lowtech pistol user. Now it wasnt my goal to have a gank fest but for both of us to learn from this experience.

Some things Ive noticed:

1. Seamed that I spent most of my time when engaged with the PE I was reloading. He has to reload less since he had better aim, more controlled shots, and a larger magazine.

2. I found I had better aim if I would crouch each time I shot at the PE. This made me more vunerable however since I was moving while crouched.

Im looking for some tips while pvping with a tank. Like I said this was my first experience so please refrain from yelling "Jo Noobs teh UbEr Suzxorz" :)

RogerRamjet
03-02-06, 17:20
Youve nailed the crouching thing :p

All i can suggest is hit more then your opponent, with the current reload times, its all u can do.

l8m0n
03-02-06, 18:05
Yep keep fighting In NF till you can hit allmost 90% of the time then you dont need to worry about reloadin because you will do alot of damage and only need to reload 2 times maybe 3.

Or use a moonie then you dont need to aim just need to watch your own life :lol:

cRazy-
03-02-06, 18:29
make sure your using third person, and start using third until your acustomed to it, best to start now before your used to first person and cant change.

also, keep close into your opponent, hit the legs until hes running slower then aim for his head until hes dead.

Those are pretty much universal pvp tips.

Digital-Talios
03-02-06, 20:09
All sounds good. This is pretty much what I am trying to do. Didnt think about the legs thing. I am usualy just trying to hit my target.

I was thinking of changing my setup alittle bit to use a electric tempest. Think the electroshock would be worth it?

I was also thinking of going either pure or hybrid melee. Thing about melee tho is that I gotta get in range...

sultana
04-02-06, 05:54
I was thinking of changing my setup alittle bit to use a electric tempest. Think the electroshock would be worth it?
Maybe on the OP War scene because you have that many people (monks) running around, it's hard enough to keep a lock on someone. But if your just fighting a few people you won't need it.

Anyway, whenever I fight on tanks it's just strafe and crouch when you fire, helps with my aim alot and hitting a higher % of the plasma blobs. Also saves alot of stamina, half the time if I'm duelling someone I don't even need to take a stamina booster.

Tarn
04-02-06, 06:38
If you wana get good on a tank i would start fighting other tanks then move on to spys, pes. But dont be too disapointed if you get killed by another tank seeing that there isnt many left and most of the ones that are left know what they are doing.

Bugs Gunny
04-02-06, 14:58
A good tank will beat any pe in nf.

ThrillHousE
04-02-06, 15:23
@Bugs

talking about HC Tank or MC?

Clobber
04-02-06, 19:18
Good luck playing HC tank, its the only repectable class left in the game and probably the hardest if you intend on pvp without a blue guy next to you. :)

Spermy
04-02-06, 22:15
Good luck playing HC tank, its the only repectable class left in the game and probably the hardest if you intend on pvp without a blue guy next to you. :)

It's also the mpst balanced, and satisfying class in the game. The only advice I can offer is yes, yo do have to just maintain accuracy. You'll find a lot of people move a buttload faster than you, so you can either aim for the legs or shock em.

Most real pvp ends up being a close range affair, so melee isn't really that much of a drawback, but for the sake of pure lameness I avoid it :p I'm not the best PvPer out there as I still shit myself whenever I run into Fetish ( I have difficulty against PE's), but I'm not the worst either. The only advice that I've found to ring true is the power of the speedie. duel with that to keep the fire up on them, as it has a pretty massive clip size. When he gets stuck reloading, nail his legs with the CS, that should slow him down a bit.

That plans only sensible in a warzone however, unless you have a buttload of speedies available for when you inevitably drop it :p Another tip is a moonie, or missile launcher in the ground in front, pretty massive damage and the leg break.

PA, while giving good protection, isn't always worth the speed malus. I often duel with it around MB, because there isn't a hell of a lot of space to run around. But when I'm in PP3 or cycrow, I tend to go nekkid.

That all changes however if I'm just in PP3 for soullight and symp, Speed doesn't always matter against some of the pickings that come through there, and there's nothing wrong with levelling symp on ANY moving target, as Many will agree.

Good luck man.

awkward silence
04-02-06, 23:26
That plans only sensible in a warzone however, unless you have a buttload of speedies available for when you inevitably drop it :p

The Tangent epic gat doesn't drop. Or does it? :confused:

Or do you means the cstable gat?

Tarn
05-02-06, 00:03
The Tangent epic gat doesn't drop. Or does it? :confused:

Or do you means the cstable gat?
I think when he says speedie he means the CM epic, which is called the Speed Gun

Spermy
05-02-06, 00:52
Having never risked dropping my beloved, I would never know if it dropped or not. If it don't Boy am I gonna have fun on red SL :p

solling
05-02-06, 12:56
A good tank will beat any pe in nf.

i disagree PEs have a big advantage over a tank u put 2 of even skill on each char and i think the pe would win

CMaster
05-02-06, 14:04
Ya Spermy, speedy doesn't drop. No need to keep locked slot, no need to worry about neg SL.
Its a weirdass gun to use - if you can practice and "get" it, then you'll find its prety uber. I struggle with it (and especially its insane stam consumption) and prefer plasma cannons (although you reload them as much as you shoot...)

Ung.Tee
05-02-06, 14:05
If you hit your enemy with every shot, then its really the hardest class in pvp :)
But if you make any mistake and you enemy (pe) is very good...then you're dead

Tankwith Cs of course

Mfg Fiese

Tratos
05-02-06, 16:26
I've been tweaking my tank setup of late and i think i've got it to a reasonable standard with a few odities i dont think others use - i love playing my tank and im really bad at PvP (Which i do keep telling everyone, lol) but my tank does stay up a fair bit longer now that i dont have a setup based on and around late Neocron 1, lol.

My tank is my most satisfying character and i've been using the speedie quite a bit as it wins :) but also to help my aim i've gone over to the rav instead of the CS as it locks alot quicker, although its less damage you'll land more shots with it if your aiming isnt great like mine.

I've been reading this thread and im taking what people say onboard as ive never really PvPd alot but im getting more and more into it and enjoying it as i very slowly get that little bit better, hehe.

Hazuki
05-02-06, 16:48
pe vs tank in nf?

forget it, if the pe uses all his possibilites, he'll get heavy belts and inqui4. same resis and hp like the tank, but with shelter and greater dmg output.

of course, such a setup isn't useful in the "real world". but in nf, it kicks everything.

it's a shame, that drugs are nearly useless for a tank - compared to the other classes.

Zheo
05-02-06, 17:05
it's a shame, that drugs are nearly useless for a tank - compared to the other classes.

It's a shame their a drugs for anyone :) other than anti shock damage blocker and antidote that is.

Clobber
05-02-06, 17:45
i disagree PEs have a big advantage over a tank u put 2 of even skill on each char and i think the pe would win

Yup, 1v1 the pe is the best class.

giga191
05-02-06, 18:03
i think dmg boost should be taken away from hightech PEs once PPUs are balanced

RaekOne
05-02-06, 20:33
PvP as a tank is loads of fun, and for those that doubt MC, its by far one of the most fun classes to play...

Infact one of the best PvP people I have seen is a Mc tank (wont mention his name as hes big headed enough)....

I cant offer tips as a HC tank, but as a MC tank you dont have to crouch, you can own allot of people quite easily...

Put all your Int in PSU and you can easily cap basic heal....

Dont bother with PA, it is not worth it for a tank...

Use neoskiller for your con set up!

l8m0n
07-02-06, 12:42
Ive been in NF a lot with my tank fighting 1v1 with PEs spys APUs and tbh ive only lost 1 match out of god knows how many, (this is not im l33t post btw ;) ) im just saying becuase ive played a tank since NC1 retail, day 5 i know how to use them in PvP, and 1v1 against a PE i havent lost sinse NC2 started, if a tank dies 1v1 in a fair fight against a PE they should delete their tank tbh :lol:

RogerRamjet
07-02-06, 13:57
I know plenty of PEs that can beat some of the best tanks ingame. It doesnt mean the Tank sucks.

Digital-Talios
07-02-06, 16:32
I guess a idealic way of balancing classes is to be able to beat one class using any other class. This means that under "special" or skilled user a tank or beat any class, a monk could beat any class, a spy could beat any class, or a PE could beat any class. If the character is setup to be optimized and the player is skilled enough then there shouldnt be any overpowered class who has a mechanical advantage over another.

Killall
08-02-06, 12:42
My biggest gripes when playing my hc tank or hc pe.. is that reloading and NC clipping.
The slowdown when u carry a cannon while shooting, then spend time reloading all at like 30% less speed ?(correct me if im wrong) I can drop PE's on my tank but its hard cause u HAVE to aim good. And the NC lagg doesnt help with the aiming, since half of the time i see people running through walls, try to aim thát. O_o But this goes for other peeps as well...

Same with melee tanks, they would be even more deadly if they and other people have normal ping.

Zheo
09-02-06, 06:53
And the NC lagg doesnt help with the aiming, since half of the time i see people running through walls, try to aim thát. O_o But this goes for other peeps as well...

Tell me about it, one sec im shooting at someone, the next they clip through the wall, I'm lucky if i can tell which direction they've gone. and sometimes they actually vanish, they might not have even ran off, and they can still bloody attack me! But all I see is them attacking but nothing to lock on to. (thats happened about three times so its not an every day thing but still damn annoying)

Bugs Gunny
09-02-06, 08:25
Try fighting a hybrid that runs around up and down a hill.
He'll be shooting from inside the mountain and you allways loose lock.

nabbl
09-02-06, 14:49
try CS / Devourer combi...

most PEs dont have any poison resists :)

Spermy
09-02-06, 15:54
try CS / Devourer combi...

most PEs dont have any poison resists :)

Aye just pretty much chewed up a train of hapless poison ignorers. Not one of them could have specced any poison resists, there was stupid amounts of damage coming off them.

A PE, Another who managed to get away (lost him in PP2 when my antishock ran out.) An APU, who I have to hand it to, took me by surprise, who I didn't QUITE pip, and some poor unfortunate tanky, who had at least something of a poison resist.

Looks like poison is the new Xray. People need to spec it. Remember, you can always switch armour around to do other things guys! just becaiuse your resists are set up a certain way, doesn't limit you. You just need to get creative.

FuXx
09-02-06, 16:21
Try fighting a hybrid that runs around up and down a hill.
He'll be shooting from inside the mountain and you allways loose lock.

Hmm the old monk aim problem.
Specially @ mb it sucks.
If a tank or another ballistic weapon user is trying to hit a clipping enemy, he will only hit the wall and not the nme.
Monks are pushing their "owned" button and the spell will hit u trough 20 walls.

Zheo
09-02-06, 17:56
Aye just pretty much chewed up a train of hapless poison ignorers. Not one of them could have specced any poison resists, there was stupid amounts of damage coming off them.

A PE, Another who managed to get away (lost him in PP2 when my antishock ran out.) An APU, who I have to hand it to, took me by surprise, who I didn't QUITE pip, and some poor unfortunate tanky, who had at least something of a poison resist.

Looks like poison is the new Xray. People need to spec it. Remember, you can always switch armour around to do other things guys! just becaiuse your resists are set up a certain way, doesn't limit you. You just need to get creative.

Or carry antidotes?

nabbl
09-02-06, 18:41
antidot removes one stack of poison ...

devourer makes nearly 4 stacks per shoot, so try using anti dot drugs ^^

Kame
09-02-06, 19:16
antidotes dont help against melee or other direct poison damage dealers.

theres no way you can be a competitive tank and not have poison resist.

aggy
09-02-06, 21:30
k, this might be noobish... but what would be a nice CONST setup for a capped tank?

Spermy
09-02-06, 21:44
k, this might be noobish... but what would be a nice CONST setup for a capped tank?

Constitution?

well.

I won't give away the secrets - the best way to go about speccing is alphagremlins neoskiller. Either google it or look on the forums.

aggy
09-02-06, 21:48
yeah, I've tried the neoskiller thing a few times... but I don't think it gives any information on what's best ingame, does it?
I already understood I should put points in poison and the other resists, but then I'd have to take away points from my body health, athletics and endurance... so what of these subskills are most important to a PvP tank with H-C weaps?

Spermy
09-02-06, 21:50
yeah, I've tried the neoskiller thing a few times... but I don't think it gives any information on what's best ingame, does it?
I already understood I should put points in poison and the other resists, but then I'd have to take away points from my body health, athletics and endurance... so what of these subskills are most important to a PvP tank with H-C weaps?

check PMS. :angel:

SorkZmok
09-02-06, 21:54
Could give out some hints there.

ATL: Everyones got another opinion about this, i tend to spec it quite high, about 75 base. Most tanks go with 50 base.
HLT: Spec so that you get above 500 health. Personal preference really.
END: Dont waste any points here.

Fire and xray i usually get up to 140ish, energy to at least 170. Thats con and armor combined, overall armor values.

Poison: personal preference again. I aim for 70 to 100 usually.

For implants i'd use marine/moveon/ppr/mini resistor/fh2/reflexbooster 3
Alternative use a adv. movement 3 instead of the moveon if you want higher athletics.

I gotta admit i dont play tanks much so you better get moer advice.

/edit
For a start...140ish fire/xray 180ish energy 75 poison, about 505 health.
-----------Intelligenz-----------
Max Skill: 20
Current: 18 -2
Skill: Hacking = 0 0
Skill: Barter = 0 0
Skill: PSI Use = 49 0
Skill: Weapon Lore = 55 2
Skill: Construction = 0 0
Skill: Research = 0 0
Skill: Implant = 0 0
Skill: Willpower = 0 0

-----------Stärke-----------
Max Skill: 100
Current: 108 8
Skill: Melee Combat = 14 14
Skill: Heavy Combat = 190 26
Skill: Transport = 19 11
Skill: Resist Force = 108 58

-----------Konstitution-----------
Current: 103 3
Skill: Athletics = 86 11
Skill: Body Health = 110 52
Skill: Endurance = 30 30
Skill: Resist Fire = 101 25
Skill: Resist Energy = 114 25
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 101 35
Skill: Resist Poison = 42 15

-----------Geschicklichkeit-----------
Max Skill: 70
Current: 73 3
Skill: Pistol Combat = 0 0
Skill: Rifle Combat = 0 -10
Skill: HighTech Combat = 90 0
Skill: Vehicle Use = 40 0
Skill: Agility = 121 21
Skill: Repair = 0 0
Skill: Recycle = 0 0
Skill: Remote Control = 0 0

-----------PSI-----------
Max Skill: 10
Current: 10 0
Skill: Passive PSI Use = 28 0
Skill: Agressive PSI Use = 0 0
Skill: Mental Steadiness = 6 0
Skill: PSI Power = 13 0
Skill: Resist PSI = 0 0

-------Character Inventory-------
Slot: Helmet - Duranium Helmet 4
Influences: PRC: 32 FOR: 31 ENR: 29

Slot: Vest - Viper King Armor
Influences: PRC: 37 POR: 37 FOR: 18

Slot: Belt - Medium Energyfield Belt
Influences: XRR: 5 ENR: 5 FIR: 3 PRC: 3

Slot: Trousers - Inquisition Trousers 4
Influences: FOR: 16 PRC: 18 FIR: 42

Slot: Boots - Heavy Duranium Boots
Influences: FOR: 23 PRC: 28 ENR: 30

Slot: Brain Chip - Marine's CPU
Influences: STR: 5 CON: 5 M-C: 5 H-C: 5 TRA: 5 FOR: 10 HLT: 15

Slot: Brain Chip - BioTech (M.O.V.E.O.N) CPU
Influences: STR: 3 CON: 3 M-C: 6 H-C: 6 TRA: 6 FOR: 8 HLT: 18

Slot: Brain Chip - Epic Resistor Chip
Influences: FIR: 10 ENR: 10 XRR: 10 FOR: 10

Slot: Brain Chip - Protopharm Resistor Chip
Influences: FIR: 15 ENR: 15 XRR: 15 FOR: 15

Slot: Eye - Heavy CombatEye 3
Influences: H-C: 15 WEP: 10 M-C: -10 R-C: -10

Slot: Heart - Filter Heart 2
Influences: POR: 15 XRR: 10 CON: -5

Slot: Glove - Crahn Power Gauntlet
Influences:None

Slot: Spine - ReflexBooster 3
Influences: AGL: 10 ATL: 3 DEX: 3 INT: -2 WEP: -8

Slot: Headbone - Biotech AntiGamma Headbone
Influences: XRR: 17 PRC: 10

Slot: Chest - Bat Queen Chest Enforcement
Influences: END: 30 FOR: 20

Slot: Arm - Biotech AntiGamma Arm Enforcement
Influences: M-C: 8 XRR: 9

Slot: Leg - Biotech AntiGamma Leg Enforcement
Influences: XRR: 10 ATL: 8

Slot: Foot - Biotech AntiGamma Foot Enforcement
Influences: AGL: 8 XRR: 4

Slot: Combat - Melee Combat Booster 1
Influences: M-C: 5 HLT: 4 AGL: 3

Slot: Resist - Basic Resist Booster 1
Influences: FOR: 15 HLT: 15
---------------------------------

Blausiegel
10-02-06, 00:00
Yup, thats a good start Zork.
Especially the reflexbooster 3 is something i really like to see on a tank.
Behemoth used it also on its hitech setup and was fast as hell.

Some hints from me:
-You dont need all int points in weaponlore...psi use will be your friend.
-Same goes for HC, you can do some crazy things like pulling out a
shocker (lame i know^^) with the right setup.
-Do not use all armor of the same type, e.g. Duranium. A Mixture of different
types will do a better job.
-Unless you are a mostly OP-fighting player, never rely on PPU-buffs.
Get your standart setup to work selfbuffed...so you wont be screwed in
dirty streetfighting, and if a ppu is around...well, even better. ;)
-Xray-damage is the only damagetype you cant adapt to by changing
armor (there is nothing except the belt). So your natural resistance should be
high enough to make up for it (consider antigammabones^^)

Edit: Of course i am not referring to the setup you posted but to the guy who needed advise. :D

RogerRamjet
10-02-06, 00:57
Jeez dont tell everyone tank secrets :p

Zeninja
10-02-06, 15:16
Some numbers from my tank (too shy to post it like Sorzmork). I've called him the N.M.L Hybrid Project (no more loming), cause I love both Melee and Canons too much so I can't stand loming :

Health 500 (541 with rb1, 585 with Mc-Haz 3)
Heal 499% 52/min
Mana 39
Runspeed 80 (85 without PA)
Stamina 149
Transport 150
Force/Prc 200 (190 with Inquisition boots)
Energy 189 (159 with Inquisition boots, 138 with Viper King, 108 with both)
Fire 114 (146 with Inquisition boots, 154 with Heat 3, 186 with both)
Xray 150 (165 with Haz 1)
Poison 45% (69% with Viperking or Haz 3, 73% with both)

Fully caps all tanks weapons (no buff, no drug) up to Malediction and Hurlerking knuckles, by switching his eye implant and/or PA depending on the situation and opponents. I usually play him as Cs + Aoe/Dev/Thunderbolt, and Pob + Thunderbolt/Tsg/Aoe, but I can also use drugs or/and ppu to have fun with more uncommon combinations :

Cs + Vein Ripper (Mc 3 or Xstrong or Beast).
Cs + Pob (Mc 3 + Xstrong)
Dg + Cs (Xstrong + Beast)
Dg + Runspeed 100 + capped nrg/fir + capped health (Redflash and Ppu)

Tanks are just fine the way they are now imho, and I'm not the only one here who think their PA's bonus and malus make sense. Flexibility is the keyword, not to be mistaken for Pe's versatility :eek:

END: Dont waste any points here.
Omg do. In a world where tanks with 100 CON levels couldn't take advantage of speccing some endurance who would ? Remove this skill from game while you're at it.

About the Viper King (or Titan), I wouldn't rely on it because I can't afford droping it in a belt. Use it for pvp if you plan to have unusual total poison resists, but make sure you'll be able to get fast resupply. Now for a good start with balancing ath/agi, I suggest you put 89 tc for Doom Beamer (or DG for mc tank), 18 vhc (for sexy bikes and quad), rest in agility, then tune athletics to find the speed that suits you best. 85 tc rest in agility would be a plus for saving some ath, not a must.

Keep in mind that a majority of weapons are doing energy based damage and (it's only an opinion) that a lot of people fear monks like pest so are using xray ammo. Think like a warrior or a warbot killer you're not a PE, only PE's are supposed to have no real weakness.

Oh and one thing I'd like to clarify : PAs don't make your hitbox bigger, not even the NCPD epic one, it stays the exact same with or without PA (ask a buddy for a test). In a certain way a team of tanks all wearing Camo PAs is even harder to aim at since they all look the same (whereas no-PA tanks got different faces/clothes from each others) which ease evading. Any other influence on your opponent's aiming and your own runspeed perception are purely visual or psychological.

RogerRamjet
10-02-06, 16:56
The hitbox isnt increased in size, but a huge tank waddling along in PA isnt hard to hit.

aggy
10-02-06, 18:54
Ok, I think I've got the skills covered now... Now about the weaponry...

I'm planning to use a Cursed Soul as my main weapon (if you're CA a plasma wave would be best I guess), but as a second weapon I'd like the devourer (for when those dudes get close to me, to spray them and kill them real quick). But an important part of OP fighting are also vehicles if I'm not wrong, so I would carry a anti-vehicle rocket launcher, and offcours an anti-air rocket launcher (advanced versions offcours)... this makes a total of 4 guns, 4 different types of ammo... Then let's not forget the 3 spells I have (heal, shelter and resist booster)... Is this too much shit to carry around? or is it just fine, since I won't get many loots in OP fights anywayz?

Spermy
10-02-06, 18:59
Ok, I think I've got the skills covered now... Now about the weaponry...

I'm planning to use a Cursed Soul as my main weapon (if you're CA a plasma wave would be best I guess), but as a second weapon I'd like the devourer (for when those dudes get close to me, to spray them and kill them real quick). But an important part of OP fighting are also vehicles if I'm not wrong, so I would carry a anti-vehicle rocket launcher, and offcours an anti-air rocket launcher (advanced versions offcours)... this makes a total of 4 guns, 4 different types of ammo... Then let's not forget the 3 spells I have (heal, shelter and resist booster)... Is this too much shit to carry around? or is it just fine, since I won't get many loots in OP fights anywayz?

It's up to you to figure out trhe quickbelt dance, but for regular PvP, i'd just take one weapon, Stams, Drugs and spells. Keep ammo for other types if you fancy a quick swap in between kills.

ZoVoS
10-02-06, 19:00
i dont spec poison atal. dont need to. if ever my tanks being atacked by poison i have a green dragon ready to pop incase of emergencys

Spermy
10-02-06, 19:58
i dont spec poison atal. dont need to. if ever my tanks being atacked by poison i have a green dragon ready to pop incase of emergencys

You are fucking nuts. You lose 50 Health skillpoints. That takes a 550 Hlth tank down to around 320ish. Whip out an energy weapon, and I don't care how good you are, you WILL fall first.

And don't even think of using anything with a recoil!

Zheo
11-02-06, 00:19
You know what would really help hc tanks fight

REMOVING THE ATHLETIC NERF! :D just saying...

Invi
11-02-06, 02:53

I was also thinking of going either pure or hybrid melee. Thing about melee tho is that I gotta get in range...

if you want to capp your cursed soul you are far away from a meele tempest freeze.
i played a hybi tank before 2.1...
you were able to freeze your target while reloading.
the idea was that in a 1n1 situation my heal was during longer that the first mag of my cs so i prefered to freeze these fast spys and pes instead of just waiting..
now after 2.1 u have to stop shooting to freeze.. its a waste of time.
and dont forget the crappy netcode! 10% faster or slower doesnt really change something.

btw sry for my bad english :angel:

Zeninja
11-02-06, 02:54
It's up to you to figure out trhe quickbelt dance, but for regular PvP, i'd just take one weapon, Stams, Drugs and spells.
Carrying several hc weapons with their ammo will require a very good freeload. With about 120 STR I think you'll need at least 90 in transport skill to get capped (190 free load).

These weapons should stay in your inventory not your QB, stick to your CS in first slot and eventually sacrify another slot for secondary weapon (this way it's easy to switch between Devourer, anti vhc canons, gatling etc depending on your needs). I personnally only use one weapon in slot 1, sometimes sacrifying my medikit slot in QB for alternate weapon ; you could also use your defl/rb1 slots when you have a ppu plugged (keep your heal for noob healing)

Keep ammo for other types if you fancy a quick swap in between kills.
Last time I tested that, it was bugged. I had to zone each time I changed ammo on my weapon, to get the changes really effectives (though displayed as changed at once when viewing item description). That's why I always zone if I have to change clip when I'm on testing resists.

Zeninja
11-02-06, 04:16
I'm not a double poster I only can't edit :o

So, I tried to make a pure hc tank setup with Hc PA level 2 using the same implants as Kid Kapow's (even if I'm not especially a fan of bat queen chest) :

Health 500 (unbuffed)
Runspeed 90 (94 without PA)
Stamina 139
Transport 180
Force/Prc 190
Energy 190
Fire 149 (176 with Heat 3)
Xray 149 (164 with Haz 1)
Poison 45%

-----------Intelligence-----------
Current: 18 -2

-----------Force-----------
Current: 112 12
Skill: Melee Combat = 9 9
Skill: Heavy Combat = 187 38
Skill: Transport = 82 11
Skill: Resist Force = 84 43

-----------Constitution-----------
Current: 103 3
Skill: Athletics = 70 -9
Skill: Body Health = 108 33
Skill: Endurance = 30 30
Skill: Resist Fire = 68 25
Skill: Resist Energy = 103 25
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 103 35
Skill: Resist Poison = 75 15

-----------Dexterité-----------
Current: 69 -1
Skill: HighTech Combat = 89 0
Skill: Vehicle Use = 18 0
Skill: Agility = 123 18

Slot: Helmet - Inquisition Helmet 4

Slot: Vest - Heavy ArmorSuit Tangent vX13a

Slot: Brain Chip - NCPD Special Unit CPU

Slot: Brain Chip - BioTech (M.O.V.E.O.N) CPU

Zeninja
11-02-06, 06:04
It's me again (sorry can't resist)

If you think 190 total energy resist is too much, then you can lome nrg from 103 to 71 to reinvest all in poison, which takes you to 65.2% total poison resist (101 natural) and 150 total energy resist. Then all you need from a ppu is holy SD : theorically, with no primes a holy SD should give you 86.8% frc/prc, 87% nrg/fir/xray, 65.2% por (instead of 88.2% nrg 44.9% por).

With all primes on it's about the same wether you choose capped nrg (previous setup) or higher self poison resists (this one).

SorkZmok
11-02-06, 06:15
-----------Intelligenz-----------
Max Skill: 20
Current: 15 -5

-----------Stärke-----------
Current: 105 5
Skill: Melee Combat = 23 23
Skill: Heavy Combat = 184 20
Skill: Transport = 5 5
Skill: Resist Force = 89 35

-----------Konstitution-----------
Current: 105 5
Skill: Athletics = 101 26
Skill: Body Health = 135 56
Skill: Endurance = 45 45
Skill: Resist Fire = 114 55
Skill: Resist Energy = 114 55
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 114 35
Skill: Resist Poison = 70 15

-----------Geschicklichkeit-----------
Max Skill: 70
Current: 70 0
Skill: HighTech Combat = 90 0
Skill: Vehicle Use = 40 0
Skill: Agility = 130 30

-----------PSI-----------
Max Skill: 10
Current: 10 0
Skill: Passive PSI Use = 28 0
Skill: Agressive PSI Use = 0 0
Skill: Mental Steadiness = 6 0
Skill: PSI Power = 13 0
Skill: Resist PSI = 0 0

Slot: Helmet - Duranium Helmet 4
Influences: PRC: 32 FOR: 31 ENR: 29

Slot: Vest - Viper King Armor
Influences: PRC: 37 POR: 37 FOR: 18

Influences: XRR: 5 ENR: 5 FIR: 3 PRC: 3

Influences: FOR: 16 PRC: 18 FIR: 42

Influences: FOR: 23 PRC: 28 ENR: 30

Influences: STR: 5 CON: 5 M-C: 5 H-C: 5 TRA: 5 FOR: 10 HLT: 15

Slot: Brain Chip - Epic Resistor Chip
Influences: FIR: 10 ENR: 10 XRR: 10 FOR: 10

Slot: Brain Chip - Advanced Movement Controller 3
Influences: ATL: 15 END: 15 CON: 5 DEX: -3 INT: -3

Influences: FIR: 15 ENR: 15 XRR: 15 FOR: 15

Influences: H-C: 15 WEP: 10 M-C: -10 R-C: -10

Influences: POR: 15 XRR: 10 CON: -5

Influences:None

Influences: AGL: 10 ATL: 3 DEX: 3 INT: -2 WEP: -8

Influences: XRR: 17 PRC: 10

Influences: END: 30 FOR: 20

Influences: M-C: 8 XRR: 9

Influences: XRR: 10 ATL: 8

Influences: AGL: 8 XRR: 4

Slot: Combat - Melee Combat Booster 3
Influences: M-C: 20 HLT: 16 AGL: 12

Slot: Resist - Heat Resist Booster 3
Influences: HLT: 25 FIR: 30 ENR: 30

Try that one. 183 enr, 164 xray/fire, 100 por. 560 health. Opfight setup. Heat 3, Melee 3.

Zeninja
11-02-06, 06:18
I don't like to rely on primes too much.

Edit : erm 5 transport skill ? Isn't that a bit too much for a hc tank :lol:

Invi
11-02-06, 13:09

tanks dont need weapon lore cause they can capp all hc weapons with hc. drop the 80 transport and push hc up to ~190-200.
alls points in int have to go into psi use in order to get a real nice tl3 wich allows you to fight against pes oder spys. if you dont its a question of time before you get pwnt by tl 10 heal.

Neally
11-02-06, 13:27
Didn't read much of this, all i can say from my own experience is that, if you wanna beat a "REAL" good PE or Spy, Devourer is the best weapon you can bring. I remember playing my Healing light PE agaisnt like the best HC tank i've never seen, he seemed pathetic with his CS. And of course, using a devourer in NF seems "lame" (and i don't know why :P, using a CS seems to be more fun, and then you fight like 'everyone').

As far as i know, you can hardly beat a good PE with a CS. I might be wrong too, I have killed a lot of PE using a CS, but Devourer seemed still the best "cleaning" solution.

Anyway with the new stupid reload system i have ever seen in my life, to me the Devourer is still the best solution (ie.: 2 spies or PEs agaisnt you in the wastelands, you'll hardly win if you get them both at the same time with 1 or 2 CS, but you might win with 2 devourer, just because the reload system nerfs you if you get in a situation of that you have to kill 2 or more persons at the same time)

And by the way, WOC weapons for HC tank would be good. Because i didn't even talk about how funny it is to meet a X-bow PE.

Spermy
11-02-06, 13:37
Carrying several hc weapons with their ammo will require a very good freeload. With about 120 STR I think you'll need at least 90 in transport skill to get capped (190 free load).

These weapons should stay in your inventory not your QB, stick to your CS in first slot and eventually sacrify another slot for secondary weapon (this way it's easy to switch between Devourer, anti vhc canons, gatling etc depending on your needs). I personnally only use one weapon in slot 1, sometimes sacrifying my medikit slot in QB for alternate weapon ; you could also use your defl/rb1 slots when you have a ppu plugged (keep your heal for noob healing)

Yar, not sure what you were getting at there :p I too only carry one weapon with enough for a few fights. Surprisingly Phayse is still not str capped :( I just don't do enough grinding on him :(

Last time I tested that, it was bugged. I had to zone each time I changed ammo on my weapon, to get the changes really effectives (though displayed as changed at once when viewing item description). That's why I always zone if I have to change clip when I'm on testing resists.

sorry - I meant ammo for weapons - to save time in PP3 I have a few clips of ammo for each weapon - like maybe 9 or 10 depending on the weapon. I have the weapons arranged in my Gogo and I can swap out my slot 1 for another weapon in no time, this is usually handy for when you've chased someone off, but know they'll be back, monks always seem to catch me with my Speedy, so it's handy to be able to grab a devourer and not have to faff around with how much ammo using the slider.

Blausiegel
11-02-06, 13:45
I always carry a speedgat with me, its just THE weapon of your choice.
-Capped even after use of a gr
-No drop/epic status
-Explo speedie means good damage on every mob

But i noticed that some guys use a TT-Lasecannon. Dont know if it's any good
but the range is just crazy. So think about this one and tell me if it's worth it. :P

Regards
Blausiegel

SPIKE (pluto)
11-02-06, 15:28
Laser cannons are good for getting the hit percentage up, they find their target really quickly at close range, i used to use a STORM laser in nc1 for duels, but damage ouput suffers a bit.

Im working with a tank setup atm that has a bit of an aiming focus, ill tell you how that works out :p

Zeninja
11-02-06, 19:38
tanks dont need weapon lore cause they can capp all hc weapons with hc. drop the 80 transport and push hc up to ~190-200.
alls points in int have to go into psi use in order to get a real nice tl3 wich allows you to fight against pes oder spys.
Depends on threadstarter's plans.

Unless he plans to hack warbots or to use < 4 slots heal/defl, I wouldn't say so : you get 52/min on a 120 frequency TL3 heal (defl 42/min) with 49 psu and the right Psi setup. Better saving some Hc => Transport/Force => Fire imo, remember he wants to be able to carry Dev + Cs + Anti-Vhcs and eventually Aoe.

But i noticed that some guys use a TT-Lasecannon. Dont know if it's any good
but the range is just crazy. So think about this one and tell me if it's worth it. :P
I used to wear it as Glider PE, just nice for sniping, but it's probably very useful as tank at least for intensive warboting (if you don't want to wreck rares).

solling
14-02-06, 13:42
hmmm well i play my tanka lot and i gotta say for pvp i prefer 2 CS kinda have to else i would reload most of the time fighting 5 bursts and u have to reload so 2 cs means 10 bursts before i have to reload normally and use one cs form then on it works very well most people are down to below half health if u can actually aim it pretty ok
using 2 weapons whatever they might be of ur choice seems the only way to be a good tank with pes havingf slasher bows with 30 shots etc

Spermy
14-02-06, 14:21
hmmm well i play my tanka lot and i gotta say for pvp i prefer 2 CS kinda have to else i would reload most of the time fighting 5 bursts and u have to reload so 2 cs means 10 bursts before i have to reload normally and use one cs form then on it works very well most people are down to below half health if u can actually aim it pretty ok
using 2 weapons whatever they might be of ur choice seems the only way to be a good tank with pes havingf slasher bows with 30 shots etc

Please say that's 2 CS in a warzone.

I don't know so much on the 2 weapon issue, it's good to be versatile, and if you can risk losign the two weapons, then go for it, but i rarely have a problem with just the one weapon.

Retro V
14-02-06, 14:34
... so 2 cs means 10 bursts before i have to reload normally and use one cs form then on...
It's better to do it the other way round; use one CS to wear them down normally and only draw the second CS when you know the bastards gonna stealth.

eLcHi
14-02-06, 17:28
Heh, you shoulda heard the screams on vent when i used 3 CSs and a Dev for finishing at one of our clan-internal duel-events ... hilarious ;)

And quite unfair i might add

Bugs Gunny
14-02-06, 17:32
Bah, you made me want to make a tank again. See? i deleted two fully capped tanks in the past, guess i'll make another hybrid tank now.

Kame
14-02-06, 18:14
TBH ive used up to 4 CS in OP.
but the only good way to work with it is to use one normally untill you have a chance at killing.
And to reload 4 you better : trigger the reload animation on slot1 then manually reload 3 others in inv.

xyl_az
14-02-06, 20:01
TBH ive used up to 4 CS in OP.
but the only good way to work with it is to use one normally untill you have a chance at killing.
And to reload 4 you better : trigger the reload animation on slot1 then manually reload 3 others in inv.

and this is yet another reason for the warzones to go... at least on neptune

solling
14-02-06, 22:20
i use 2 Cs in non warzones as well 1 good one and a 1 slot that can easily be replaced

if u dont like using 2 rares u might drop then use a CS and a speed gat or something else and a speed gat everything helps on a tank :P

Scaramanga
15-02-06, 00:02
I'm not one to dispense advice on how to kill using a tank.
However, I can tell you afew things i noticed about enemys whilst they were killing me.

If it's a duel jump and crouch soon as you turn to face the enemy, the aiming reticule closes in at the same speed while jump/crouch as it does whilst non jump crouching.

Strafe left. This helps quite a lot. Most people are right handed and strafing left makes them turn left to face you, this brings their mouse closer to the beyboard and reduces their capacity to aim properly when they keep whacking the mouse against the kb. You wont get much use from this if you are fighting a leftie or someone (mention no names) who has remapped their keys over to the arrow keys to give them more room for mouse movement.

Aim. Alright it's an obvious one, but if you get your movement right (which is harder as it needs to complement your aim) then the aiming is a lot easier. Plus, with most people when they get to lower health they tend to move more eratically giving you a breathing space from doing too much "supa bashor move". Best PvPers i have lost to seem to have mastered tricking their opponents into aiming the wrong way. Watch some of the pvp videos to see what i mean ( i hope).

Key layout. I recommend putting your rare wep in slot one. For the rest it depends on whether or not you want to spend time remapping your keys for shortcuts to anti drugs and stam boosters, heals etc. Experiment with a buddy to see where your best key combo is for hitting QB items without moving fingers too far from movement keys.

Sorry if any of this is glaringly obvious, not trying to sound patronising.

nabbl
15-02-06, 00:19
i recently made a video of my fighting skills...

download (http://www.ka-sacred.de/vids/nabblmovie2.rar)

120 mb

maybe someone can post this into community talk english :)