PDA

View Full Version : Choosing your “voice” for gaming online

-FN-
03-02-06, 00:51
Player 1 runs around a corner sees a very unskilled Player 2 and puts away his rail gun to pull out his “pea shooter” pistol and slowly caps Player 2 with five shots before they finally fall dead.

The response you never hear…

Player 1: Oh man, I totally got lucky on that one. I walked around the corner and caught you off guard. Best of luck man.

The average response…

Player 1: BOOM! Man if you had half the mad skills I have then I’d have used a bigger weapon. Pwned like a n00bzors bitch.
It's a good read :) check it out (http://www.2old2play.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=198&mode=nested&order=0&thold=0)!

Foo
03-02-06, 01:04
haha funny shit.

Apocalypsox
03-02-06, 01:47
rofl hatemail them and say WTF ABOUT MMORPFPSes hoe!!!11111one!!!1

Drake6k
03-02-06, 02:37
:D that guy has some interesting views.

More often than not I'm a nice sociable guy.. but just as the article says sometimes the FPS game (Neocron!) can pull out the aggressive and hurtful nature in us.

I get really annoyed when someone says
"nice fight man!! you got me that time :D".
I personally do not send any messages after a fight. I also consider it rude to say "Good fight" when you are killed horribly.

I enjoy hurting people online in a controled and well thought out manner. Making them trip on their own feet only to find out after I'm gone that they actually looked like a fool.

Sometimes I just let go and annoy someone who is abviously already very mad by just typing "ROFLMLOLL OMFG HAHAHAHA UR DEAD" But only if they are young "roleplayers" from Tech Haven with some kind of Matrix name.

Neocron has the best of both MMORPGS and FPS. You can hear people planning on Ventrilo and meeting up.. and you can hear extreme anger when someone FREs coming out of MB and has their PA hacked.. actually..
I think I'd rather say its pvp and not pvp.

In WoW on a pvp server its just as cruel and immature as any FPS. But I suppose thats why I loved WoW pvp so much. The drama and anger was so exciting. It reminded me of Neocron in the old days..
If you play on a RP or Normal server on the other hand.. the type of interaction is quite different.

Apocalypsox
03-02-06, 04:00
Well if its a really good fight, like sniper spy vs sniper spy i had with a guy at Battledome a while back (after he popped both my freinds that was funny) some pheonix spy and me duked it out forever- redeemer vs HL was a terrific fight. i sent him a good fight message but thats it. was fun as hell tbh