PDA

View Full Version : since there's no Brainport anymore...

Brew
02-02-06, 22:36
.. before I forget again.. PLLLEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE for the love of god.....

get rid of the blinding white flash associated with fusion weapons

its not just annoying, its painful

at least have a graphics option to turn it off

thanks

cRazy-
02-02-06, 22:38
good point that was kinda annoying.

ALSO please remove the flame effect in first person, I was the guy who persuaded that epilepsy warning on the loading screens:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=130071

(few days later, disclaimer on loading screen)

would of much rather of seen the flame effect appear around the outside border of the screen :rolleyes:

Scanner Darkly
02-02-06, 23:18
http://www.hellcanwait.com/neocron/MistressWhip2.jpg

Tarn
02-02-06, 23:22
http://www.hellcanwait.com/neocron/MistressWhip2.jpg
I agree i hate the Fusion white flash its too bright, also scanner i dont see the point of your post.

Scanner Darkly
02-02-06, 23:27
Don't worry, I think I'm just being a jerk. I'll put it down to Neocrack withdrawal symptoms.

I guess pointing out the sado-masochistic nature of the KK - playerbase relationship is lost on you.

edit: to contribute - I agree the flash is a collosal pain in the rear, but the flames (in El Farid and firemob country) are there for a reason - variety of mob damage and more of a challenge to stay alive. I agree they are annoying, but this is the post apocalyptic world we're immersed in, something about not for elves or pussies or something... :confused:

rob444
02-02-06, 23:32
Yeah leveling in caves with all that flashing aoe makes my eyes soooo sore, yes indeed, fix an option to remove it because it's really painful to level hours and hours with aoe.

Safunte
03-02-06, 00:46
its not just annoying, its painful

Thats what reading a thread about NC1 is to me, it hurts the soul.

Dribble Joy
03-02-06, 03:12
Fighting fully buffed, with a heal running against a fire wyatt using player in 1st renders you near blind, keep the 3rd effects, but for the love of god, 1st users hae it bad enough.

Eddie
03-02-06, 03:16
Fighting fully buffed, with a heal running against a fire wyatt using player in 1st renders you near blind, keep the 3rd effects, but for the love of god, 1st users hae it bad enough.

Yes that's terribly unfair on 1st person users...

And also, the multi energy bolt gives everyone epilepsy when someone uses it...

Eddie

Drake6k
03-02-06, 07:29
I like the fusion weapon flash.. and yes I've done 1000 hours in chaos caves. Also the nice SMACK sound when they hit. :D

As for fire effects.. add it in 3rd person, it would be really fun and interesting to see all the fire apoc and wyatt earp fights :)

I'm serious.

Whitestuff
03-02-06, 08:11
Never noticed a "painful" flash. WTF are you guys on about?

Zheo
03-02-06, 08:58
I agree, the blinding white light makes my eyes hurt sometimes, at one point it was closing my eyes while shooting, mainly because it was rather dark in the room, I had brightness turned down as much as possible too :(

signed//

Alchemist
03-02-06, 09:39
I think it really all depends.. if you're sitting there shooting the wall (Like in MC5) with a Malediction.. yeah I could see it starting to hurt your eyes... when I look at the same thing for ANYTHING it starts to hurt my eyes.. especially with games..

But if you're talkin about getting shot at once by a fusion cannon/rifle (PvP wise)... You're all abunch of whiners :P

I could see it being a problem to someone with a problem.. but I thought NC did have some sort of warning at the startup of 2.1?

RogerRamjet
03-02-06, 09:55
the Doom Beamer is worse. I almost needed laser eye surgery to sort my retinas out.

Kame
03-02-06, 12:27
when i saw this thread it reminded me of all those times in elfarid shooting from the corner... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Wouter
03-02-06, 12:40
i agree. The flash everytime gets annoying, and hurts my eyes after a while.

flames effect in 1st person too. and drug flash :p

kurai
03-02-06, 13:43
The insane fusion flash is a DX9 thing.
In DX7 it still looks pretty much the same as NC1.

Finl
03-02-06, 13:49
in the opfights i can watch if some tanks are "barreling" with male...it hurts too much, get rid of it please.

/signed
/signed

Bullt
03-02-06, 20:15
/signed !

Yes, please remove the flash. Although, I know that they won’t, because there is a conspiracy!!! Those poor droners & HC tanks are forced to receive subliminal marketing of several mega corporation brands when using those types of weapons.
It looks like a really quick flash of a corporate logo just after the flash from the drone/male (have only seen it in DX9 mode).

I’m pretty sure I frapped some large golden arches (the McDon***s M-type) in one of the FC-1000 drone flashes yesterday...
I always get severe urges for M**s-chocolate bars and hamburgers after using these weapons for more than 15 min (now that I think about it, that’s probably why I lvl my chars so slowly also...). And I don’t even like those things! Have anyone else noticed this / got some odd urges after using those weapons... :confused:

(If I’m not seen ingame after this post in forum, u know McBurger corp. have kidnapped me for spoiling their nice little trick… ;) )

Brew
03-02-06, 20:57
i'm talkin about how i hate levelling in caves with anyone with a fusion cannon

the fire effects while annoying don't bother me too much -- like the preachers who keep setting you on fire at the bunker ouside MB

i sorta think the raygun effects are cool.. the purple twisting beams and stuff..

but fusion.. christ..i mean, all that needs be done with the fusion is remove the part of the weapon effect that briefly sets the screen to 100% white. there's no need for it.

nobby
04-02-06, 03:06
I believe...If you want to succeed...Pass the test and take the pain.

That's what I believe of life !