PDA

View Full Version : OT: So....I'm out for awhile?

MrTrip
02-02-06, 10:02
Well...video card cooked while in NC.

I'm not blaming it on NC though, so don't go off on me for that, but I was on fire from a fire mob, my screen went all.....weird....and then POOF done.

*sighs* I'm out until I get a new card...

Has anybody elses video card died to NC?

rob444
02-02-06, 10:07
lol, your character was on fire in-game and your gfx card got boiled? hmm :lol:

Well I've heard NC gives great temperatures on ATI's Radeon Xxxx series, some guy started a thread some time ago how his card got overheated while playing neocron and his screen went black.

I have the same problem but only in window mode (THANK GOD FOR THAT!), lucky me it's in window mode only heh :rolleyes:

No gfx card died for me, but overheated, yes.

retr0n
02-02-06, 10:11
I fried my good old GF3 TI550 back in nc1, but I think that was mostly due to
a worn-out-broken-down fan.

MrTrip
02-02-06, 18:40
The fan has been broken for a long time, but I put one of those case coolers that goes in a slot right under it, and it kept it surprisingly cool.

*shrugs* I all ready worked out a deal for a GF6800 so I'm ok :wtf:

elGringo
02-02-06, 18:45
I'm not blaming it on NC

Has anybody elses video card died to NC?

You aint doing what? :rolleyes:

The fan has been broken for a long time, but I put one of those case coolers that goes in a slot right under it, and it kept it surprisingly cool.

..you didnt replace the gpu cooler and now you're wondering why your card "died to NC" ? :lol:

MrTrip
02-02-06, 18:55

..you didnt replace the gpu cooler and now you're wondering why your card "died to NC" ? :lol:

I'm sorry, allow me to rephrase that for you.

"Has anybody elses video card died while playing Neocron, while not directly related to Neocron?"

And I did get two new fans for it, but it cooked those too, so I just used a case cooler and it worked flawless for about a year and a half. It was just its time to die.

Alchemist
02-02-06, 20:10

Some peoples kids eh?

elGringo
02-02-06, 20:17
I'm sorry, allow me to rephrase that for you.

aight - sorry then ...I'll blame that one on my suboptimal english skills ;)

Terayon
02-02-06, 20:30
I found out my geforce 2 broke while playing neocron, but that was my fault :( .

Atleast you can now get a better videocard.

MrTrip
02-02-06, 20:31
I found out my geforce 2 broke while playing neocron, but that was my fault :( .

Atleast you can now get a better videocard.

First positive reply :D

Yeah it was my fault that my card broke too, but eh *shrugs* no biggie, the new one will be much better.

I blame it on a design flaw that the 5600 cooked the fan all the time.

Karandras
02-02-06, 20:31
lol, your character was on fire in-game and your gfx card got boiled? hmm :lol:

Well I've heard NC gives great temperatures on ATI's Radeon Xxxx series, some guy started a thread some time ago how his card got overheated while playing neocron and his screen went black.

I have the same problem but only in window mode (THANK GOD FOR THAT!), lucky me it's in window mode only heh :rolleyes:

No gfx card died for me, but overheated, yes.

Still a problem infact, I dont believe it is my graphics card, I got a new mobo which gives it more space, replaced the thermal compound and removed a sticker from underneath the heatsink, aswell as getting an extractor fan one pci slot down. It now runs at very reasonable tempuratures, but the problem is as frequent as ever.

MrTrip
02-02-06, 20:35
Still a problem infact, I dont believe it is my graphics card, I got a new mobo which gives it more space, replaced the thermal compound and removed a sticker from underneath the heatsink, aswell as getting an extractor fan one pci slot down. It now runs at very reasonable tempuratures, but the problem is as frequent as ever.

Thats what I got was the extractor fan one pci slot down, so that it would pull the heat away like the little onboard fan would, except this did it much better.

The onboard fan cooked 3 times, so I blame it on a design flaw with the FX card I had.

This new one should not over heat like the rest *gets link*

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/asus-v9999ge.html

:eek: :D

Karandras
02-02-06, 20:51
Thats what I got was the extractor fan one pci slot down, so that it would pull the heat away like the little onboard fan would, except this did it much better.

The onboard fan cooked 3 times, so I blame it on a design flaw with the FX card I had.

This new one should not over heat like the rest *gets link*

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/asus-v9999ge.html

:eek: :D

i still got the heatsink fan running on the gpu, which i used ati tool to spin at 100% except when its below 40C. i just got the extractor fan so the hot wait wouldnt circulate around my case and warm everything else up

Rabiator
02-02-06, 21:51
I blame it on a design flaw that the 5600 cooked the fan all the time. I don't think the fan was "cooked". I think it was merely lousy quality in the first place.
Using low quality fans is unfortunately quite common in the PC market, as good ones would significantly raise the price of the hardware. I have changed quite a few on my own computers over the years.