PDA

View Full Version : Nc1...

Tarn
02-02-06, 07:05
I know some other people have said this too but nc1 is sweet, i would like to see KK bring back the old models/clothes but in better detail and being able to see the gun on the guy. Also i love the old emotes and when a player typed somthing the models mouth moves. I havent noticed that in NC2. I just like the old style of play. KK should take a good look into this as more runners would like to see this happen :angel:

Scanner Darkly
02-02-06, 10:04
Is this not just a case of looking back through rose-tinted specs? Even though I think that the old _style_ of models had a lot more character, why would you want to switch from high poly/rez to low again? Also there are a lot more emotes in NC2 than there ever were.

Not really sure what the point of this post is. As I see it, NC2, while not bringing us most of the critical features we were promissed (player shops, item tracking), is an improvement over NC1 in almost every way (notable exceptions: faction system, etc).

I thought these nostalgia trips we were seeing so much of last year were over. The only things I miss from NC1 are the much bigger populations (in the first year of retail), the friends who mostly left at the start of NC2 and the thrill of discovering a new game and not really knowing what the hell I was doing.

retr0n
02-02-06, 10:09
...bring back the old models/clothes but in better detail...

I think he meant the style of old chars aswell, and yeah, they did look more like
they belonged then the current ones.

Tarn
02-02-06, 19:23
why would you want to switch from high poly/rez to low again?
I duno if you can read or not, But as Retron quoted in bold i said better detail as in higher polygon as the ones we have now.

Not really sure what the point of this post
As neocron said they will start trying to get move involved with the players and what they want to see, so im posted something i would like to see.

MrTrip
02-02-06, 19:37
Even the mention of NC1 always reminds me of the hole in my heart :(

I met a lot of good people in NC1, and had the best times I have ever had there.

NC2 seems so empty, and just plain not fun.

The hybrids that rule again, the no weapon switch reload now. The only way to even stand a chance against them was to have weapon switch reload. Now we have to wait for KK to make a patch.

Its not even worth playing :( as much as I hate to say it. I think I will roll a tradeskiller or something to take up my pvp time.

RogerRamjet
02-02-06, 20:39
omfgz its Steve Zissou <3

MrTrip
02-02-06, 20:49
The current models look like That 70's show people who didn't make it....

But....bring back the Afro :D

Scanner Darkly
02-02-06, 23:48
I duno if you can read or not, But as Retron quoted in bold i said better detail as in higher polygon as the ones we have now.

As Retr0n said they will start trying to get move involved with the players and what they want to see, so im posted something i would like to see.

My apologies, it looks like I totally misread your post. Serves me right for posting over breakfast and still half asleep.

Like many of the vets, I prefered the NC1 models: the butch tanks and tough looking PEs, nerdy spies and puny monks. So yeah, for what it's worth I'd give your idea the thumbs up. Sadly, NC2.1 is still suffering with plenty of avatar bugs after a year of being retail and messing with the character models now might lead to even more boners and invisibility :angel:

MoofausaX
02-02-06, 23:59
Well, imo... I think KK could do alot more to improve this game, as in details in ops and so forth.. if one game can do it, and the technology is out there to do it.. why not.. Fog lights at op wars, better looking water... more character models.. new rares.. Simple things to make the gameplay more enjoyable.

Should be able to design your own PA or something like that, be able to put stickers on your guns.. I would mind a sticker on the back of my ppu saying "got rezz?" would look badass imo.

Alchemist
03-02-06, 06:17
word to that.

Tauan
03-02-06, 06:22
Moof just add that to the things that would own but we shall never see

DARK_Overfiend
03-02-06, 16:16
Pwns to that.

PA's should be able to replicate the Colors of the Clothing like they were in NC1

pink PA

black PA

etc.

creampie
03-02-06, 20:27
Lets just start by bringing back NC1 models / spell animations. :angel:

Brew
03-02-06, 20:58
i'm always jealous of that drug dealer in plaza who got to keep his wraparound shades

Tarn
03-02-06, 21:24
Lets just start by bringing back NC1 models / spell animations. :angel:
Say word. Common lets get some more support on this thread to show how bad the poeple want it, 5 STAR :)

Dirus
03-02-06, 23:24
if one game can do it, and the technology is out there to do it.. why not..

If that truely was the case you would have companies like ID releasing the next versions of thier games on the same but updated engine. There is a reason old engines get scrapped instead of just new effects and such being added over the years. Sometimes adding support for the simplest of effects requires a complete rework of the engine.

Tarn
03-02-06, 23:30
Dirus, if alot of players would like to see the old models just in higher rez/detail/polygon. Do you think its posible that KK would bring them back?

Nixon
04-02-06, 01:34
I gotta admit that i liked the models of nc1 more than the current ones. If those
were remade for nowaday's systems, more detailed but still the same gritty
cyberpunk feel that makes Neocron what it is, i'd be very happy.

The new male models are all unfortunately somewhat boyish, and remind me of
japanese games. A tiny wee bit of a manga influence and that doesn't fit in NC.

Tarn
04-02-06, 02:58
I gotta admit that i liked the models of nc1 more than the current ones. If those
were remade for nowaday's systems, more detailed but still the same gritty
cyberpunk feel that makes Neocron what it is, i'd be very happy.
Welcome to the club my friend, more support!

DARK_Overfiend
04-02-06, 19:29
aye 10 star

posts.

ZoVoS
04-02-06, 23:13
prefer the new moddles there more real

just need a suit for spyd
shades for pe's
n monks capes

Tarn
05-02-06, 00:02
prefer the new moddles there more real

just need a suit for spyd
shades for pe's
n monks capes
Who said that the old models wouldnt be more real? I understand you say they dont look real when they were in nc1, but if they brang them back im sure they would look alot more "real" and still have the same style as nc1