PDA

View Full Version : Not even funny

l8m0n
02-02-06, 01:30
I have a LEd Droner (who can just use AOE drones) got to fire caves got a little team up and had some good leveling, got to the queen room, killed it but one of our team died, not a problem had a LEd PPU, and i look at my SL and gfg -35, now this would have been ok if i wasnt LEd but as a LEd char how can i damg other runners? O_o

Ok so i cant go to plaza aggies to get rid of it, cant go to MB cos dont have it, cant kill mobs in TH sewers cos they arnt on the runner mission pages o_O

Send in a help ticket, 20 mins later get a reply, "im sorry we cannot change SL or fanc simp" O_o

Then i am told only way to get rid of it is by doing missions in the wastelands.... I take it mods have never done missions in the wastelands? cos it would take longer than waiting for it to go by going afk for a day in my app!

Now not being funny but this is KK fault and its bugged code that casued this and they turn round and say leave your char afk for a day???

If i do that then i lose a day of play and therefore lose gametime that i have paid for O_o

Im not the first or the last at this rate to get this bug but sort this shit out cos if some poor new guy to the game has this then hes not going to be playing for much longer after he cant go in the city and cant get rid of -SL if he doesnt have any GRs outside NC.

I know you can change it, its just that you wont, theres a big difference :rolleyes:

unreal
02-02-06, 01:37
It's the old droner SL bug that still hasn't been fixed. Drones are pretty much like players in one respect, they have health, and they do damage. Not really sure how they technically work, but it seems as though they do slight damage to players at times regardless of the LE.

I was on my LE'd monk watching an FF OP fight, and I got splatted by a non LE'd Revenge drone and my health literally went down to 0 and I was running around with buggered feet for about 10 seconds thinking "wtf?" before my health magically zoomed all the way back to full again.

Mr Kot
02-02-06, 02:45
Send in a help ticket, 20 mins later get a reply, "im sorry we cannot change SL or fanc simp" O_o o_O

Last i heard, this was a known issue fixable by helpdesk. Mail helpdesk@neocron.com

Dogface
02-02-06, 03:46
In all fairness, I understand this shouldn't have happened, but thats a really petty statement :wtf:

If i do that then i lose a day of play and therefore lose gametime that i have paid for O_o

l8m0n
02-02-06, 10:59
whats petty is your reply ;)

rob444
02-02-06, 11:05
Hmm, thought they had fixed it already, been a droner for a long time now and with LE and I've never got this bug ever since nc1. I'm not sure what to say, luck in bad luck? :(

Hope it'll get fixed soon, unacceptable. :/

Argent
02-02-06, 11:56
Old bug huh? I think it's mentioned in the bible.....

And don't get your hopes up for a fix, if it hasn't been fixed up to this date, it propably never will be. And believe me, there has been a lot of complaints&whine about it.

Scaramanga
02-02-06, 12:20
Lemon, if a new guy starts a droner, he first has to get over the Jones mission drone not working. If they still drone after that then good luck to them.

l8m0n
02-02-06, 14:12
yep it sux, kk are more worried about player models and balancein, hows about fix a bug thats been ingame longer than i have (over 2 years 8| )

What am i saying their not going to help me and not going to fix it :rolleyes:

RogerRamjet
02-02-06, 14:54

I think you'll find he's right. If you dont want to pay for or play the game, dont, its been said many times before.

Skusty
02-02-06, 14:58
Lucky i deleted my droner and made my sexy judge pe. :lol:

l8m0n
02-02-06, 15:05
I think you'll find he's right. If you dont want to pay for or play the game, dont, its been said many times before.

Where did i say that i didnt want to play the game? Read what i said before trying to look hard on the forum flamein someone who is just pointing out that this shit is silly and can easly be fixed but hasnt, so plz keep crap like that to yourself ;)

Dogface
02-02-06, 15:48
But how do you know its easily fixed? It might not be easily fixed at all. Maybe there are plenty of reasons why its not been fixed.

Argent
02-02-06, 16:00
Maybe there are plenty of reasons why its not been fixed.

As long as we don't hear an explanation/reason, there isn't one. This bug has been every LEd droner's nuisance forever.

It seems to me that LEd people are pretty much ignored, as usual.

rob444
02-02-06, 16:12
I can't comment on how hard or easy this can be fixed but in my mind it's fairly easy, depends on how they've programmed it though, so many ways.. But it looks like the server is accidently thinking that the LE'd runner doesn't have a LE because when much stuff happens at the same time, the server have a hard time keeping up the hit calculations and check who's who etc. and might mistake a LE user as a non LE user.

That's one theory.

PcP'
02-02-06, 16:21
[ edited ]

Dogface
02-02-06, 16:24
Whens troll hunting season coming? :lol:

l8m0n
02-02-06, 18:36
But how do you know its easily fixed? It might not be easily fixed at all. Maybe there are plenty of reasons why its not been fixed.

If the bug cant be fixed the SL can be put back to 0, i know it can because ive had to have it done before "due to another bug" so its BS them saying they cant, not nice to lie ;)

Paper Dragon
02-02-06, 18:46
If the bug cant be fixed the SL can be put back to 0, i know it can because ive had to have it done before "due to another bug" so its BS them saying they cant, not nice to lie ;)

Funny you should say that, because the playerbase telling lies about what they've lost in the past is probably quite a significant factor in KK's current policy.

ZoVoS
02-02-06, 18:47
just run missions =z its only sl likenots simp

MrTrip
02-02-06, 19:03
I'll fix the bug!

................................*blinks*

:( Sometimes when I'm in game, I like to believe that I can fix things myself, so I will take out a gun and shoot things....but then I cant....so.....crud.

I tried out a droner once, I liked it sorta, I played it for a good month, then one day I killed a non LEed player in aggies with my LE'ed drone....o_O I thought this was a cool exploit, but my SL took a bad hit, so I said psh screw it and rolled a tank. :D

Karandras
02-02-06, 20:42

tbh im with them too. do you play 24/7 just to make sure you get your money's worth? i know i dont.

l8m0n
02-02-06, 22:32
well mite aswell close this now because, i sorted it myself, i was rank 29 so i sorted it another way cos coulndt do missions cos couldnt buy drones cos couldnt go to MP (-46 CM) and couldnt go to plaza :rolleyes:

Just like to say one thing though, do mods ever level a n00b char before they become a mod becuase if they did/do i would not have been told to do alot of things that the help desk people told me to do Example;

1) Do missions in TH (mobs in TH arnt on city com runner missions)
2) Go to MB (told hom i had -46 with CM)
3) Do Missions in wastelands (had nowhere to get drones from and was to low level to punch launcher cyclops to death :rolleyes: )

So i think KK sould make there helpdesk people play the game before lettin them work on the helpdesk :rolleyes:

Close this now kthx

Whitestuff
03-02-06, 08:20
Also note, even though he resolved it himself, he was teamed with the guy that died. You aren't supposed to incur any penalties if you are teamed wit ha person and you kill them. In fact, I know this is true b/c my friend did it to me just the other day in the clan apartment. "hey, team me!" "Ok" *dead* "WTF WAS THAT TEAMING ME BULLSHIT" "I didn't want to ruin my soul light :p"