PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Stargate MMORPG

Brammers
01-02-06, 11:35
http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/060131/az_cheyenne_mt_ent.html and http://www.cheyenneme.com/products/

I said to Siygess years ago that the Stargate format could make a good MMORPG. Now Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment have got the license to turn Startgate into a MMORPG.

It's still in the very early days of pre-production, but this one is on my list of one to keep an eye on.

l8m0n
01-02-06, 11:45
sounds good but so did neocron..... :lol:
lol j/k does look like one to keep an eye on ;)

Bugs Gunny
01-02-06, 12:29
Hey, in stargate they go the genrep thing down :-)

Pantho
01-02-06, 12:31
I Like Stargate? and by Genrep thing, are you ona bout the Transport in Atlantis? Where they "Enter a lift type thing- Press a place on the map and nothing happens- Leave the lift, there at that place"

Nidhogg
01-02-06, 13:08
Didn't I hear that Stargate SG1 (the TV series) has just been cancelled? That's probably not good timing.

N

/edit - It was on a list of cancelled shows but it's been removed. Also, the 7th series has been confirmed by SciFi.com so it looks ok. There was a StarGate game (not MMORPG) being developed and that definitely has been cancelled. Confused? You won't be after next week's episode of, Soap!

Pantho
01-02-06, 13:11
Didnt hear that, when was it cancelled?

I now there still Airing atm

unreal
01-02-06, 13:13
lol @ Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment - Stargate owns though (the series with the original cast, the series with the new replacements was wank, and I didn't even bother watching it). Let's hope that MMORPG will be decent.

Pantho
01-02-06, 13:23
Hell NO! ! ! Its still good, Still got Sam in it, Tealc, Dr Jackson , infact only 3 people missing i believe...

+ Atlantis is good

ZoVoS
01-02-06, 13:25
^_^

Yay

kurai
01-02-06, 13:26
/edit - It was on a list of cancelled shows but it's been removed. Also, the 7th series has been confirmed by SciFi.com so it looks ok.Considering series 9 is already airing that's rather out of date news ;)

Both SG-1 and the spinoff Atlantis have been been picked up for continuing series in the summer (seasons 10 & 3 respectively)

Nidhogg
01-02-06, 13:45
Lol, spot the guy who only watches SG1 when there's nothing else on TV. ;)

N

l8m0n
01-02-06, 13:48
lol @ nid, thats the first time you have said something OT that you were wrong about imo :lol:

ZoVoS
01-02-06, 13:50
Lol, spot the guy who only watches SG1 when there's nothing else on TV. ;)

N

:O but stargates one o the best programs on tv =]

unreal
01-02-06, 13:52
Star Trek Voyager and Jeri Ryans jugs for the win. Mmmm :D

Pantho
01-02-06, 13:53
Aye im dumb"

Jerry Ryans juggs? WTF?

/edit - Second thoughts Voyager? Letme Guess that 7 of 9's name :/

unreal
01-02-06, 13:58
Second thoughts Voyager? Letme Guess that 7 of 9's name :/Indeed :P

Zheo
01-02-06, 14:09
Didn't I hear that Stargate SG1 (the TV series) has just been cancelled? That's probably not good timing.

Nidhogg, you heard of Conflict Omaga? NC might have some compitision if that gets off the ground... Looks quite good from what i saw, and if it's anything like the fallout series i might just give it ago.

Brammers
01-02-06, 14:18

N

Or you are thinking of the Stargate SG1 FPS game, which has been canceled.

rob444
01-02-06, 14:27
lol, wtf. I mentioned how cool a stargate mmorpg would be to my gf a few days ago (not been able to browse the forum for a while). Me and my gf are having a "stargate" period over here, we are at s05e01 now.

I'm trying to picture how the game would be like though, can't think of any way it would actually become interesting to play, unless you can choose between humans/goa'ulds and maybe other races and play against eachother. Hmm, we'll see.

retr0n
01-02-06, 14:29
Star Trek Online ftw!

Will put this one on my "keep in touch with" list though, it might turn out ok.

Riddle
01-02-06, 14:59
If done well could be promising and the Conflict omega looks interesting to tbh.

Good series anyone hear of "John Doe"? Cancelled after first series but i loved that shit and was Gutted!

rob444
01-02-06, 16:03
If done well could be promising and the Conflict omega looks interesting to tbh.

Good series anyone hear of "John Doe"? Cancelled after first series but i loved that shit and was Gutted!

Yeah, John Doe was cancelled at episode 20 something if I recall it right? It was an awesome serie, but fox decided to close it down. Tru calling was also a good serie tbh and that was cancelled by fox as well, hmm, fox has cancelled a lot of series and it wouldn't surprise me if they are going to cancel prison break as well, since their producer or what it was just died recently :D

Digital-Talios
01-02-06, 20:13
I heard that SG1 was confirmed for its 10th season. Also it is either the longest running sci-fi show or is close to it.

Apocalypsox
02-02-06, 00:28
Nidhogg, you heard of Conflict Omaga? NC might have some compitision if that gets off the ground... Looks quite good from what i saw, and if it's anything like the fallout series i might just give it ago.

Twilight War woulda been major competition too... but *cough* that never got off the ground either. i almost fucking cried. :(

but anyways STARGATE!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO!!!!!

Heavyporker
02-02-06, 00:41
Man, John Doe rocked! Can't believe Fuckasses Oralprobe Xenophiliacs canceled it.

And, fuck, Prison Break was unbelievable! I can't, can't wait to see it again in March. Completely frigging kicked ass.

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed that Twilight War got canceled. It looked SO interested. I mean, hell, their VP actually wrote fan fiction based on the storyline! HOW COOL IS THAT?! HOW COOL?!

Koshinn
02-02-06, 03:55

N

/edit - It was on a list of cancelled shows but it's been removed. Also, the 7th series has been confirmed by SciFi.com so it looks ok. There was a StarGate game (not MMORPG) being developed and that definitely has been cancelled. Confused? You won't be after next week's episode of, Soap!

Um.. in America, it's on every friday night on Sci-Fi channel... so is Atlantis (a spin-off). They lost jack o'neil but they gained cameron mitchell (the actor was in farscape as john chricton or however you spell it). They started a whole new story arc with a totally different enemy, which would be the 3rd enemy it the series' 9 seasons. Actually one of them is still around kinda... but yeah anyway. :angel:

digital: I think you're right, SG-1 is the longest running sci-fi series.

eprodigy
02-02-06, 06:25
as a huge sci fi fan.. and considering how long sg1 has been around... im surprised i've never seen an episode. only stargate i've watched was the movie ;)

mabye i'll pick up the first couple seasons on dvd..

Koshinn
02-02-06, 09:46
as a huge sci fi fan.. and considering how long sg1 has been around... im surprised i've never seen an episode. only stargate i've watched was the movie ;)

mabye i'll pick up the first couple seasons on dvd..
If you live in the USA, SCIFI channel plays SG-1 from like 7-11pm on mondays... that's 4 episodes a week or something. That's how I got into it, I'd watch all the new episodes on friday and watched the old ones on monday to catch up to the series.

retr0n
02-02-06, 10:02
Man I hate that we don't get the sci-fi channel here in Sweden anymore. You
guys in the UK still have it right? I remember trying to get it from uk once but
they didn't like that either =/

Sci-Fi & Discovery Science and I can glue myself at the tv all day :P (nerd.. hell yea)

rob444
02-02-06, 10:03
Um.. in America, it's on every friday night on Sci-Fi channel... so is Atlantis (a spin-off). They lost jack o'neil but they gained cameron mitchell (the actor was in farscape as john chricton or however you spell it). They started a whole new story arc with a totally different enemy, which would be the 3rd enemy it the series' 9 seasons. Actually one of them is still around kinda... but yeah anyway. :angel:

digital: I think you're right, SG-1 is the longest running sci-fi series.

What, Jack is gone in atlantis? :(

"And it is O'neill with two L's!" - Jack O'Neill

Eckhart
02-02-06, 11:29
I heard that SG1 was confirmed for its 10th season. Also it is either the longest running sci-fi show or is close to it.
SG1 is the longest running US Sci-Fi show.

Longest running Sci-Fi show across the globe is Doctor Who which is now entering its 27th series, after a long break between series 25 and 26. ;)

SG1 has a loooooong way to go.

But back on topic, Stargate Worlds sounds great, could turn out to be a well done franchise MMO...lets hope.

Digital-Talios
02-02-06, 16:39
I hope so. The FPS game Alliance was a bomb. I hope its not a signs of things to come.

The game would be awesome but I know in the back of my mind they will screw it up like SWG :rolleyes:

RentonDraines
02-02-06, 17:27
Confused? You won't be after next week's episode of, Soap!

haha! showing your age again. I remember....

Spermy
02-02-06, 18:00
haha! showing your age again. I remember....

Not really, It's on paramount most days...

Foo
03-02-06, 01:14
mmmm sounds very intresting , i kinda like sg1 , wonder how they would make this game :o , gonna keep tabs on this me thinks.

unreal
03-02-06, 02:31
heh, I'd like to see how many people make variations of "Teal'c" and "Jack O'Neil".