PDA

View Full Version : Strength Power Armor for PEs.

Archa Ic
01-02-06, 01:36
Hey, i have a small request. PEs are suposed to be jack of all trade right? Even if they can't do everything as well as other classes. I want to see a power armor for Private eyes giving a small bonus to strength. Something not exeding +4 or +5 but which could be a small advantage to HC and MC PEs out there. Maybe the thought could be implemented in the class rebalance? For evo 2.2... There would be a fem more exotic PEs this way! :D

What do you people think?

Tratos
01-02-06, 01:37
Removing the class requirement on PAs would be quite cool for this and PA would cause some suprises as you wouldnt know what was under it e.g. HC PE in Tank PA. However one downside to this is spies using PE PA to help them earlier on due to its lower requirements.

Eddie
01-02-06, 01:52
Removing the class requirement on PAs would be quite cool for this and PA would cause some suprises as you wouldnt know what was under it e.g. HC PE in Tank PA. However one downside to this is spies using PE PA to help them earlier on due to its lower requirements.

Or even scarier.. vice versa. PEs using Spy PAs. With its insane xray resist...

But I would like to see class requirements removed - they are just silly. PEs are meant to be JoAT, but with class reqs, they can't anymore.

Eddie

Dribble Joy
01-02-06, 03:35
Class reqs make sense though,a nd actually, the SPy PA is the evolution of the ARS suit, which storyline wise was intented as a spy only piece of equipment.

As to str based PEPA, KK have said that there will only be two types of PA per class.

Mr Kot
01-02-06, 03:39
Or even scarier.. vice versa. PEs using Spy PAs. With its insane xray resist...Already possible. I have an NC1 tangent anti-radiation suit with its +200 xray protection and no class requirement :D

Now i only need to find the time to lom.....

Apocalypsox
01-02-06, 05:09
...if the class reqs where removed everyone would wear PE PA to look uber 1337 :D

imagine monk looking like a PE and pulling a HL on ur ass.

Infinite
01-02-06, 06:54
Out of touch but I'd like to see it, always said it before leaving.

PEs in spy PA can't be anyworse than holy para was :)

Whitestuff
01-02-06, 07:13
Removing the class requirement? Nah. More types of PA per class, you bet!

Let's see... STR for PE's, droner for spies, Pistol/rifle for tanks.... Monks are left out, but that's ok, since they can't really use any other kind except maybe tradeskilling ??

Oh, and a PA for spies/PE's that would improve driving skills. Like a vehicle inface suit, that would be cool!

npinchot
01-02-06, 07:26
mec siute for PE's would be cool but i dont know how that would go. Would be cool though needs STR/Dex wich is was PE's are supposed to have thier strenghts in.

Bugs Gunny
01-02-06, 08:08
Now, i have a HC pe.... add a str pa to him, so he can use a CS when a CS tank is the thing that kills pes?

Let's see, a pe with a db and CS, no way tyvm.

Demental
01-02-06, 08:16
PE's are supposed to be the jack of all trades, but not the best at anything.

PE with CS = God

no thxkbye

Xeno LARD
01-02-06, 10:59
That would also overpower PEs using Spy PA for xray resists. Also they could use the gaya glove with PA and cast DB insanely fast, even on hightec PEs.

On str PA, nah. Wan't one, play a tank. M-C/H-C PEs are fine. Giving them more str would just make it easier to get to even higher TL weapons or decrease the amount of drugs needed. Melee PE with Paw of Tiger/TPC hurts a lot if they know what they're doing. Fine with me.

Or make a PE str PA for str woc-1. There's no chance any PE would ever reach that anyway. :lol:

Bugs Gunny
01-02-06, 11:14
There was a STR WOC even before the first DEX WOC pe on terra.

Sad thing was he lomed below 260mil and lost the level.

Sgt. Pepper
01-02-06, 11:14

Yes, i'd love to see that.
Sure PE would mostly profit from such a change, but imagine the posibilities.
For example a PC-Tank in spy PA (yes this would be possible)

I also see no problem in spies using PE PAs. This would be of absolutely no use.
1. PE PAs lowers PSI ... really bad for a spy
2. PE PA has no xray resistbonus, but energy. this would result in a completely fucked up con setup.

Pantho
01-02-06, 11:41
Wouldnt mind One of those NC1 Xray suites.... Could make an insane Con setup with 1 of those? is it Droppable? or epic status ?

Bugs Gunny
01-02-06, 11:45
It's dropable, and i know of one pe that has a disruptor first love pe that is only used in NF, wearing it.
It's an INSANE setup.

netster
01-02-06, 12:21
There was a STR WOC even before the first DEX WOC pe on terra.

Sad thing was he lomed below 260mil and lost the level.
arrrr..... pe's cannot get str woc anymore?

awkward silence
01-02-06, 12:38
It's dropable, and i know of one pe that has a disruptor first love pe that is only used in NF, wearing it.
It's an INSANE setup.

Insane drugs, 115 dex needed.

That said I got one suit, lommed and noted not really as good as i thought.

ps. I tried it in nc1 before anyone else was talking bout it. Bought one in nc2 and tried again...N.A.G.A.T

pps. PA:s are unkool

RogerRamjet
01-02-06, 13:22
Remove MC5 reqs instead.

Bugs Gunny
01-02-06, 13:26
LOL, same thing, CS using hc pes.
OR a lowtech pe with a DS.....
Let's not even mention the ppu with a Dimension splitter, moveon and hercules chip.... wielding a badass melee weapon. and in NCPD PA.

RogerRamjet
01-02-06, 13:32
That PPU wouldnt be viable.

Eddie
01-02-06, 13:33
Already possible. I have an NC1 tangent anti-radiation suit with its +200 xray protection and no class requirement :D

Now i only need to find the time to lom.....

Damn it. Didn't know they were transferable, so didn't bother taking mine. Would have been a nice collectable, even't if it wasn't any use.

Remove MC5 reqs instead.

I'm all up for that, too!

Eddie

FarSight
01-02-06, 13:37
Let's not even mention the ppu with a Dimension splitter, moveon and hercules chip.... wielding a badass melee weapon. and in NCPD PA.
Nah .... PPU with TSU rifle > all (we need one more DEX drug)

CMaster
01-02-06, 13:38

How about the damageboosting spy? (who doesnt have to drug for Shelter or Inq...)

Pantho
01-02-06, 13:41
I now some1 Who DB's as a Spy!

He needs a APU 3 Buff . for MST req? ! But it can be done

RogerRamjet
01-02-06, 13:44
How about the damageboosting spy? (who doesnt have to drug for Shelter or Inq...)

He may not have to drug, but he'd have hardly any run speed.

Brammers
01-02-06, 14:50
Class reqs make sense though,a nd actually, the SPy PA is the evolution of the ARS suit, which storyline wise was intented as a spy only piece of equipment.

As to str based PEPA, KK have said that there will only be two types of PA per class.

With the rebalancing that Dirus is going to do, maybe the "2 PA types per class" rule can be thrown out.

Dribble Joy
01-02-06, 14:51
Depends if any of KK's intentions are maintained, like no AoE for rifles or no droner PA.

Archa Ic
01-02-06, 18:22
Well droners dont need a PA, with all the droning implants they reach easily 200 in RMC and Willpower without any PA!

For those who are saying a CS PE is insanly strong, look at the ammount of drugs he needs to take. I dont think its even possbile today since tigerblood has desapeared!

Tratos
01-02-06, 19:05
Depends if any of KK's intentions are maintained, like no AoE for rifles or no droner PA.
imo thats one thing that has to change with the addition of good pistol AOE to encourage people to use spies and PEs more in leveling situations and making them of some use in Dungeons which pretty much require AOE for reasonably quick progress.

slith
01-02-06, 19:09
Give us HC PEs a PA and make CS TL 108 or 109 ?
:D

Would boost the Tank ( a bit more Damage ) and make HC PEs happy because TPC is so easily usable.

Dribble Joy
01-02-06, 19:34
AoE is (probably) badly implemented, it's advantages over other weapons for xp gain is insane.

Richard Slade
01-02-06, 20:05
*Brushes up against his +200 X-ray PA*
Mmmm

Anyways, simple solutions, add "PE" to all PAs. Problem solved

Digital-Talios
01-02-06, 20:06
Hey, i have a small request. PEs are suposed to be jack of all trade right? Even if they can't do everything as well as other classes. I want to see a power armor for Private eyes giving a small bonus to strength. Something not exeding +4 or +5 but which could be a small advantage to HC and MC PEs out there. Maybe the thought could be implemented in the class rebalance? For evo 2.2... There would be a fem more exotic PEs this way! :D

What do you people think?

Bring on the PE Str Power Armor. My uber MC/HC PE demands it!

The part in red gave me shivers when I thought about SWG character balancing... hope KK doesnt nerf the whole game becuase of it :(