PDA

View Full Version : Soullight rules in leveling areas.

Brammers
30-01-06, 12:11
Ok, a few nights ago FA sector got raided by Pro's, which was a good fight. I didn't do too well, as I died too many times to syncs and various other excuses.

I even accidentally shot SanityIsLost with my drone, who then died in the fight. Since I forgot to team, the next thing was the guard near me decided to shoot me dead. Later on I hear everyone on the Pro-side is getting excited that I'm on NCPD's most wanted... :confused:

Anyway, that’s not the main point of this post. During the fight, some of the enermies dived in the DoY sidestreets to re-buff or heal up. That's fair enough except for one issue.

If anyone dives in there to finish the enemy off, I loose lots of soullight for killing an enemy in a newbie levelling area. This isn't a new problem, his problem was there before the Evo patch, and it's more of a problem because you get a bigger penalty now.

So the Soullight rules in the City leveling areas need changing. Enemies should be able to kill each other in the leveling areas, and any allied gankers should get a soullight penalty as they do now.

As for higher levelling areas outside the City such as Regents, and Chaos caves I'm not sure if they should be changed as well or left well alone.

Richard Slade
30-01-06, 12:46
Make % a factor in the loss..
If you do like 2% dmg you get 2% of total loss and so on

Agent L
30-01-06, 12:58
You're completly right Brammers, the hunting ground SL penalty cames back from times when enemy factions coexisted in one city. Now with red/blue separated, whole "hunting ground" idea lost it's purpose.
Well, neutral gank should be penalised same as allied down there, but that's all IMHO.

SorkZmok
30-01-06, 13:06
You're completly right Brammers, the hunting ground SL penalty cames back from times when enemy factions coexisted in one city. Now with red/blue separated, whole "hunting ground" idea lost it's purpose.
Well, neutral gank should be penalised same as allied down there, but that's all IMHO.Exactly.

Tratos
30-01-06, 13:09
The neutral gank penalty should be the same as now, a slight loss of SL and FS as should the allied kills.

Enemy kills should not be punished but also not rewarded like they are in City sectors so it would discourage ganking in leveling areas but it would still be an option.

unreal
30-01-06, 13:27
During the fight, some of the enermies dived in the DoY sidestreets to re-buff or heal up.The raid was by a few TFC clan members, and Brammers said he lost respect for us because when some of us genrepped through and had the guards (yes, 120/120 mobs that do immense para and hurt a lot) shooting us with 40% SI, they zoned into the nearest zone they could to get rid of the aggro. TFC weren't the ones zone whoring after people genrepped in. After Molt and The Man Himself died and Cmuster was trying to rezz without success, I joined the party and came along on Unrael and killed the tank, PE, and almost killed Brammers on his fully buffed PPU with a holy heal going, and I think there was some other monk running round too, along with another PPU who I didn't even attempt to kill for more than 2secs. Since then all they ever did was zone whore into the various level 1 sewers near the FA sector genreps to avoid being killed (finally got you philip :P), and they say they lost respect for us. A couple of us lost SL for killing one of you in the hunting ground too, because you wouldn't come out of it.

Anyway, now that that's resolved... I do agree the SL penalties are a bit huge. I don't really see the point in thinking of ways to improve it, it DOES need to be changed, but until they can stop people symp whoring off runners SL/symp with your own faction, it means nothing, but it's annoying nonetheless. I couldn't be bothered constantly checking if people are around when i'm levelling so I deleted my capped PE to put his LE back in, to level in peace and quiet till WoC 1. I think they should at least HALF the penalties you get for killing people in a hunting zone, after all, it's not really a secure area, kills should relatively go unnoticed in sewers and such.

The first time I went to tag a couple of genreps on Unrael in the dome, I put on a fresh pair of trousers (well, technically I wasn't wearing any, put most of the gear in the gogo in case I got owned at the bottom, after that I was fine :P) after coming down the gravlift at the very western entrance with only Stealth II, and not far after going down it I see a newbie Crahn runner with no LE, and a pro-city PE killing the person for symp/SL. The runner would just respawn at the nearest genrep and run over to where me and the PE were, where there's no guards around.

Brammers
30-01-06, 14:07
@ Unreal - I wasn't going to name clans or people involved. Your raid did highlight the problem. If Anti-City raided Plaza 2 or something, and hid in the sewers you would also loose SL for killing Anti in the sewers.

As for the "Respect" thing, it was uncalled for so I apologise for that.

Still I had 4-5 pissed off members who soullight had been screwed up caused by old game rules which Agent L correctly pointed out was to solve a problem that existed in NC1, that doesn't exist in NC2.

Thankfully we did get our soullights all sorted out, but the fact is we shouldn't have to fix them.

Kame
30-01-06, 14:13
Yeah talk like you guys ran missions for that SL.... pffffffft. :lol: ;)

Bugs Gunny
30-01-06, 14:24
Same thing happens in PP, people hiding in the jones epic dungeons or going up random "-" password appartements.
It doesn't stop me from killing them though.
As a black dragon i don't fear the law, nor do i feel i should even consider the soullight rules as it's an NCPD thing anyway.

This week we'll show how easy it is to go "beltfishing" in leveling areas.
One "fallguy" goes in, gets killed and takes their soullight down real low. Then the deathsquad comes in and finnishes off. Low sl beltharvesting.
So, either the people don't defend and one person gets the hit and easy belts or they defend and drop a shitload of stuff.

Riddle
30-01-06, 15:24
I have seen this Tactic used by Anti spies in P2 we just have to wait for them to come up :( by which time they are healed,buffed and stealthed!

NOT really sure how you can solve this, i.e. if you remove penalty then levelling becomes a pain in the arse for those lowbies in Plaza 2 aggies who get ganked by the capped Anti spy ;)

unreal
30-01-06, 15:28
@ Unreal - I wasn't going to name clans or people involved. Your raid did highlight the problem. If Anti-City raided Plaza 2 or something, and hid in the sewers you would also loose SL for killing Anti in the sewers.I wouldn't have mentioned it either if it weren't for the things that were said about us by you/other people at the time. We weren't whoring into the sewers, was quite the opposite. Killing Philip the Tank at the end was pretty funny. It took us quite a few attempts at killing him because he was whoring into the sewer right near the FA sector genrep, and just keep running in/out/in/out/in/out until he finally got dropped. I sure as hell wasn't gonna go inside there and kill him, my 100 SL is precious no matter how easy it is to get it back from essentially cheating the system. I almost died myself once because I got huge parashock from the guards when I was chasing Philip (melee tank) and had to zone in to lose the aggro, and of course I'm sat next to him with immense para. :)

The penalties for killing people in hunting zones should definitely be weakened a bit. In most cases killing someone in a hunting zone is an accident, and when it's not... for example, killing your enemy in the hunting ground in your own city, then losing all your sympathy and soullight is fecking rediculous.

Eddie
30-01-06, 15:33
One solution, like the EQ article I was reading about the new PvP rules.. is to check ranks. If you are close to an attackers rank, and you are in a levelling zone, then you should be able to defend yourself against any attacks. Of course, then all that about killing in self defence comes in...

Eddie

unreal
30-01-06, 15:40
NOT really sure how you can solve this, i.e. if you remove penalty then levelling becomes a pain in the arse for those lowbies in Plaza 2 aggies who get ganked by the capped Anti spy ;)If someone wants to level in peace and quiet, they should keep their LE in, otherwise, as the manual dictates, STFU about being killed no matter what rank you are. I would rather be able to follow someone into a sewer and kill them, without being punished for completing your faction objectives and killing hostiles, making their lives more difficult.

I really hope Reakktor does sort this out soon. These sort of things spoil the gameplay incredibly for those who actually care about keeping their SL/good reputation with the factions (like I do). "meh I can't kill him without going from 100SL to 0SL because he ran into a hunting ground to avoid death".

Obsidian X
30-01-06, 15:42
How about this:

NC Hunting Zone and DoY Hunting Zone - The zones in each respective cities carry no penalty for killing reds in their hunting zones. I.e:

NC: Jones quest locations, all sewers, aggie pits
Doy: Sidestreets, Jones quests, abandoned storage.

Theres no reason that reds should level in these places (as everyone has pointed out, that was put in place to deter the "aggy" PKers in NC1).

Any and all levelling zones outside of NC or DoY can stay as they are.

Brammers
30-01-06, 16:21
Spot on Obsidian X. However, what about Miltary Base and the City Mercs? Or come to that, any Neutral.

That side is screwing the system up and needs to be considered. For example, if a Merc kills someone attacking him in the MB leveling area, he's killing a neutral. You shouldn't loose SL, but what if someone from CA or TG starts ganking newbies in the MB leveling areas?

As Eddie suggested maybe a check of character rank or combat rank needs to be implemented as well. I think the character rank is a good check, as combat ranks can vary too much. (eg Like a 59/60 capped MC tank Vs a capped 78/65 APU monk)

Skusty
30-01-06, 16:23
I like killing nibs in FA sector, its fun to se them trying to run. :lol:

Bugs Gunny
30-01-06, 16:28
I just love running into someone who'se never seen a red player before.
I was selling drugs in p1 on friday, i had -69 sl too.
Some noob player came up to me and asked how come my entire name was red lol.

I think there should be no sl loss at all for killing enemies or neutrals in leveling areas. If they want to level they can use the le chip. Anyone who pulls it nowadays knows what he is getting himself into.

Kame
30-01-06, 17:02
those cave thing with SL is yet another reason why ppl make symp bitch, and reach 100 faction symp in 5 mins.

its a war game after all, you should NEVER be penalized for killing reds.

WHAT TYPE OF WICKED LOGIC IS THAT ???

we can settle who is hunting where by killing ppl.

Riddle
30-01-06, 18:15
If someone wants to level in peace and quiet, they should keep their LE in, otherwise, as the manual dictates, STFU about being killed no matter what rank you are. I would rather be able to follow someone into a sewer and kill them, without being punished for completing your faction objectives and killing hostiles, making their lives more difficult.

I really hope Reakktor does sort this out soon. These sort of things spoil the gameplay incredibly for those who actually care about keeping their SL/good reputation with the factions (like I do). "meh I can't kill him without going from 100SL to 0SL because he ran into a hunting ground to avoid death".

STFU? Wait till im on Vent biatch !! and you can't answer back :lol:

Demental
30-01-06, 18:19
Well, neutral gank should be penalised same as allied down there, but that's all IMHO.

Spot on :lol:

RogerRamjet
30-01-06, 18:28
If theyre red, you should be able to kill them regardless.

Spermy
30-01-06, 18:32
Lemme see.

Right - an idea built on teh basis of others :p

If there's a red in your city hunting grounds, you can waste the reds and recieve no Penalties, But no rewards either (because sometimes it's fair for reds to lose SI and aggro for a fair fight) The enemy in YOUR city still suffers penalties.

For example - a CA in a =DOY HUNTING GROUND= Will lose SL etc for any kills. Whereas anyone who kills the CA who is in a DoY faction will not. Nor will they be rewarded.

Vice versa,

An FA in an =NC hunting Ground= Will lose SL for killing any pros in there. Pros will not recieve or lose anything by killing the FA.

The reason behind the lack of reward? well, it's hardly challenging to kill them while they have SI, or para, or any other malus caused by genrepping or guards, therefore no reward is really warranted, thier belt is enough.

I belive this will still allow opposing forces to hide and lose SI etc, while reducing the risk of ganking low levels and innocent hunters that happen to be around.

RogerRamjet
30-01-06, 18:33
Something needs to be done about symps aswell, its a fucking pain getting into other factions. Especially enemy ones.

Tratos
30-01-06, 18:39
Something needs to be done about symps aswell, its a fucking pain getting into other factions. Especially enemy ones.
Reckon if the missions for FS were tweaked so that they were a bit harder and on completion you paid up 500k and go into that faction regardless of FS and they gave you 50SL for that faction?

More money but you get more out of it (the FS) - although i think the missions would need to be changed to take out key people of your own faction (without SL/FS loss) to show you're ready to turn on your faction to join another.

/Brain Fart

RogerRamjet
30-01-06, 18:41
Reckon if the missions for FS were tweaked so that they were a bit harder and on completion you paid up 500k and go into that faction regardless of FS and they gave you 50SL for that faction?

More money but you get more out of it (the FS) - although i think the missions would need to be changed to take out key people of your own faction (without SL/FS loss) to show you're ready to turn on your faction to join another.

/Brain Fart

yeh, it should be a mission similar to the Alliance epic for a specific faction, and at the end you gotta pay more.

mdares
30-01-06, 23:51
definitely.

as i've said in other threads, ANYWHERE in the game, there should only be soulight and symp rules for friendly and neutral; NOT for hostile!

we are enemies ffs! WE WANT BLOOD!

Destino
31-01-06, 14:37
Many ppl says LE must be removed cause this is a PvP game
But the same ppl ask for lvling zone being without penalities... cause you MUST have LE in for lvlin :wtf:
Then someone is going inside el farid and kill ppl and then back to 100 SL in 2 min... nice!
I say, you want to kill everyone/everywere? Deal with consequences. I bet removing penalities in lvling places only lead ot more LE ppl. If only LE ppl could clan..... It's so damn easy for ppl with full capped char to say: "this is a pvp game, not for carebears".

Bugs Gunny
31-01-06, 14:56
One way to prvent armies from growing is killing off the new recruits before they join up :-)

giga191
31-01-06, 15:27
it should be up to players to sort out pkers, don't need a special system to do it

Destino
31-01-06, 15:50
it should be up to players to sort out pkers, don't need a special system to do it

I agree. Like trying to let alone low lev ppl in hunting spot.
But someone seems to find fun and/or challenging killing noob just because they can do it. And just because they can exploit the system by killing more and more someone's else alt made for SL raise... :rolleyes:

Spermy
31-01-06, 15:52
I agree. Like trying to let alone low lev ppl in hunting spot.
But someone seems to find fun and/or challenging killing noob just because they can do it. And just because they can exploit the system by killing more and more someone's else alt made for SL raise... :rolleyes:

Symp bitching could maybe be toned down by only allowing a set number of kills on one player within a set time period.

Although this won't stop symp bitching, it will slow it down.

Pantho
31-01-06, 15:53
Oh yea Buggs Bunny dont care do ya,

Kill all 0/2 noob in aggies , Well he shouldnt have taken his le, :p Bang bang.

:angel: hehe. Bad bunny tbh :angel:

Spermy
31-01-06, 16:00

To be honest, he shouldn't have. :p

Pantho
31-01-06, 16:05
I see a newbie Crahn runner with no LE, and a pro-city PE killing the person for symp/SL. The runner would just respawn at the nearest genrep and run over to where me and the PE were, where there's no guards around.

Exploit ! Send to KK tbh...

I now of several people and have screenies "Somewhere 0_o" But i now the guys so i wont send them in, nameing no names there BD and kill every1 they see, 1 word Xbow ^^

Secondly, I hate this, i tihnk soulight should be earned, also GM's should have the power to reset your Soulight to 0, and be able to use it...

Because stuff like Barreling at the choas cave... You do 5% dmg to some1 who ran straight in and got hit by the Choas Qeen takes the piss,

SECONDLY (Again) Is somet pissing me off on neptune, my new char has -100 SL, Because of a bug, which sucks

Spermy
31-01-06, 16:07
Soullight should degrade after a while, even in the positives. You can't be a good bunny once and then expect to keep it.

And as for gunnar, well, if he attacks anyone he sees, he pays for it. He seems to deal with it fine! :lol:

Bugs Gunny
31-01-06, 16:11
Seriously, what do you guys want?

You have the LE to prevent your leveling characters from dying.
You have massive SL hits and guards that'll kill anyone kills a neutral or allied in the cities.

And now.... people without le get totaly upset when an enemy runner kills them in a leveling spot.
Maybe the next step will be to remove beltdrop, as it realy realy sucks when you die and someone takes your stuff.

I have absolutely no problem with killing 0/2's and even hacking their belts.
If it's not a black dragon drunner, it's just another client or a target.
Am i a bad person trying to pevent others from having fun? No, i'm roleplaying what i am, just like i used to roleplay a cop.
Maybe that's what pro city needs? A bunch of roleplaying cops, ready to go into the field and protect the noobs, arrest the criminals.
I'll gladly play along with that and stand trial in nc city if i get aprehended.

It would add atmosphere to neocron, which is what i'm trying to acomplish.
There's so much more that can be done besides leveling and opwars, just get over the "omg some capped guy killed my non le'd noob and now i have to get pokes or a rez".

Just go on alliance, report the enemies and get people to fight them.

Destino
31-01-06, 16:28
Seriously, what do you guys want?

Hmm... i personally want that who like to play in one way, take the consequences of his choice. I play my noob char (my only char :p ) without LE? Ok, i die by noob killers but you MUST have your penalities for killing ppl in hunting spot as it should be. But what happens when i die? You get my belt hacked, genrep somewhere, ask a mate to log an alt of opposite faction (0/2) and you have your SL reset in like no time. Me? I must ask for poke (and tip for it), genrep back (and pay for it), buy lost stuff (and pay for it). Now, what if i'm a noob with like 100k and i get pked 3 or 4 times in a row? Must i cry for some nc in help chan? Must i go hunting with my naked hands?
You see the whole thing from you own perspective and, may be, you think everyone has no problem at all from being killed more and more. Btw, i really cannot blame you, it's my own fault because i have no more my LE in cause of my clan. But then, pls, just don't whine when you see 90% of the whole population with an LE in.

Bugs Gunny
31-01-06, 16:37
Read the description on the le chip.
So you removed it, knowing what you were doing.
Then you want your ENEMIES to lose soullight for attacking you and you want to level alongside your ENEMIES?

If you're a noob with 100k, you should still have your le chip.
That's what it's there for.

And if you think i look at it from my own perspective, look up some of my posts from about 1.5 years ago.
I know how irritating it is if you want to level, but then i also know that i wouldn't pull my le as a 0/2 and go level in a possible hostile zone either.

Brammers
31-01-06, 16:40

I'm with Bugs on this one. The LE is for helping you level in peace. I had low rank characters that have been ganked many times. Why, because I choose to remove the LE and accept the consequences that people will shoot for whatever reason. So what happens when someone gets me...well there is a few options open to me.

1) Log one of my alts, and get revenge.
2) Call for backup on clan, faction or alliance.

One thing I don't do is whine and DM the player telling him he killed a 0/2. Or in one case, some cheek had the guts to DM me telling me I killed a 0/65 CST'er down PP3 and I'm an idiot and asshole. It makes you wonder why a 0/65 was stupid enough going around a dangerous area in the first place.

Needless to say 5 minutes later the PPU and APU team turn up for revenge...Fair enough, back to TH for pokes.

Now where is that MJS quote...

Paper Dragon
31-01-06, 16:47
If you don't want to be killed, don't remove your LE.

If you don't want to fuck up your SL, don't attack allies and neutrals.

Simple, really.

Destino
31-01-06, 16:48
As i stated, it's my own fault cause i no more have my LE in. I had it if i could create the clan with my mates.

Then you want your ENEMIES to lose soullight for attacking you and you want to level alongside your ENEMIES?

I want my enemies to lose SL where and when they SHOULD as it should be by game mechanism.
No probs at all if you kill me in OP fights or if i come to DoY and search for it.
I just cannot stand when ppl stealth behind low lev ppl while hunting, expecially because they can exploit SL penalities in no time.

Bugs Gunny
31-01-06, 16:49
I wouldn't be surprised if the carebear lobyists got KK to release a patch soon, where it's very very hard to regain sl.
Then the result would be that basicaly every faction is like CM, a nutored faction who can't even defend their own gates.

Then KK starts wondering why the hell the server pop is going down and people are saying..."man this is boring".
The most exciting event of the year will be the appartement contest, and hunting trophies is what clans are made for.

Dribble Joy
31-01-06, 16:53
I still say ditch SL and base things on symps, it would make things much more clear cut. Killing CM runners would mean you get shot in MB, but not in NExT HQ or TGHQ, killing CA runners would mean copbots shoot you, kill TG runners to get your CA symp back up again.

Destino
31-01-06, 16:57
Ok, so it's my fault cause i'm so blind i don't see any fun or excitement in being killed by someone with 20 rank more than me. Like paper dragon says, it's so simple: don't kill ppl where you should'nt. But i understand, you are right, kk don't understand how it should be, rest of ppl are whiners. Ok.

Bugs Gunny
31-01-06, 16:57
Purpedragon, you do realise that everyone loses sl for killing their enemies in hunting zones?

And yes DJ, i think that would solve a lot of the problems.
I'd get shot by every guard except tsunami (cuz i hardly ever see a tsunami runner) and Black dragon. All my other symps are below -90.
It would make life a hell of a lot harder for me to go shopping or even go to tg canyon and the dome, but it is a more realistic system.

Destino, it's realy simple, keep your le in if you're character is low level.
The new rules for SL etc since evo have changed the mindset of a lot of people allready. Even in the wastes it's now constant dms when you kill an ENEMY runner. Pretty soon it'll be 'illegal' to kill anyone outside an opfight or neofrag.

But just so you know, even if they made it impossible to level sl, i'd be out there killing people at -99sl. I'd lom back to a no pa setup, increase my ( backup armor-spell) set to around 15 and roleplay an evil man.

Pantho
31-01-06, 17:09
I DM Bugs when he kills me, but thats mainly to buy my Belt back :/

Call him a name then say, Meh ill get u next time and by my belt :)

cRazy-
31-01-06, 17:10
Maybe that's what pro city needs? A bunch of roleplaying cops, ready to go into the field and protect the noobs, arrest the criminals.
I'll gladly play along with that and stand trial in nc city if i get aprehended.

now theres an idea...

Xeno LARD
31-01-06, 17:52
now theres an idea...
Tried it, didn't work well. No one appreciates it. :(

Dribble Joy
31-01-06, 18:06
We all remember Teh Law though :p.

Spermy
31-01-06, 18:15

Sex.

And yes. Agree with bugs.

Paper Dragon
31-01-06, 18:46
Purpedragon, you do realise that everyone loses sl for killing their enemies in hunting zones?

Don't kill people in hunting zones. :rolleyes:

Push for change of the system - as it is a bit daft - but killing someone in there then whining about the consequences, when you know what will happen, is just daft.

It's the same thing as the LE system.

Take out the LE chip under the current system, pay the consequences.

Kill someone in a hunting zone under the current system, pay the consequences.

Brammers
31-01-06, 18:53
Don't kill people in hunting zones. :rolleyes:

Push for change of the system - as it is a bit daft - but killing someone in there then whining about the consequences, when you know what will happen, is just daft.

It's the same thing as the LE system.

Take out the LE chip under the current system, pay the consequences.

Kill someone in a hunting zone under the current system, pay the consequences.

Do you think you should pay a SL penalty for killing an enermy in your city's leveling zones?

Scaramanga
31-01-06, 18:56

This won't be hapening under the current system as there are no doughnuts or coffee shops at ASGs.

Paper Dragon
31-01-06, 18:57
Do you think you should pay a SL penalty for killing an enermy in your city's leveling zones?

Ahem:

Push for change of the system - as it is a bit daft -

Read the post before releasing passive-aggression into the thread.

Xeno LARD
31-01-06, 19:08
We all remember Teh Law though :p.Their website was pretty funny, too bad it's down these days.

The members were a bunch of cunts though. :)

Brammers
31-01-06, 19:12
Read the post before releasing passive-aggression into the thread.

I never did. Just couldn't tell from the way you wrote your original reply, Especially when taken in context with "Don't kill people in hunting zones." and "Kill someone in a hunting zone under the current system, pay the consequences."

Edit:

This won't be hapening under the current system as there are no doughnuts or coffee shops at ASGs.

Heh ;) Maybe thats a new line for Phoenix to venture into. :D

cRazy-
31-01-06, 22:46

It could work if I made it nearly as corrupt as fetish except pro-city :p

Zeninja
31-01-06, 23:05
Personnal Message : Crazy, What about logging in your flicking clan instead of chit chatting on forums ?

I'm about to send my Curriculum Vitae to AD tbh...

cRazy-
31-01-06, 23:07
Personnal Message : Crazy, What about logging in your flicking clan instead of chit chatting on forums ?

I'm about to send my Curriculum Vitae to AD tbh...

click2pay have fucked up again, Im waiting for them to sort it, so until then I cant even get on :/

Bugs Gunny
01-02-06, 00:12
Hey, if you guys start a pro city policeforce i'll give your discount prices on drugs (the corruption starts allready).

cRazy-
01-02-06, 00:35
Hey, if you guys start a pro city policeforce i'll give your discount prices on drugs (the corruption starts allready).

make fetish get some wives so my policeforce can have sexual affairs with them.

Kame
01-02-06, 05:38
Hmm....

sounds like good, maybe we should talk more, gimme a DM Bugs.

cRazy-
01-02-06, 05:41
talk about what?

Bugs Gunny
01-02-06, 08:12
The roleplay anti-fetish in CA.

Bring some fucking life to the server.

I enjoy roleplay as much as a good fight.

cRazy-
01-02-06, 19:46
Well i'll see how things go and maybe make a corrupt policeforce in neocron, we'll see.

calim
17-02-06, 13:04
I think there should be no sl loss at all for killing enemies or neutrals in leveling areas. If they want to level they can use the le chip. Anyone who pulls it nowadays knows what he is getting himself into.

I don't agree with that ... I think it's important to dissuade PK'er in leveling zone. If they want to be terrorist, they should know there will be consequences *because* it's a leveling zone.
And bugs, it's a bit easy to kill runners in deep leveling zone.... I think you are capable of more imagination and creativity.

Spermy
17-02-06, 13:10
I don't agree with that ... I think it's important to dissuade PK'er in leveling zone. If they want to be terrorist, they should know there will be consequences *because* it's a leveling zone.
And bugs, it's a bit easy to kill runners in deep leveling zone.... I think you are capable of more imagination and creativity.

Do you believe in teh LE concept at all?

You cannot have your cake and eat it. The LE will guarantee you safety in ANY levelling zone. Surely that is the best precaution to take.

Taking the LE out is as sucky as it is, at the base level, consenting to the rules and drawbacks of PVP. Yes, there are better things that bugs can be doing :p

But there are also better precautions than taking the very thing that protects you from bugs out, and expecting to be exempt from his agressions.

calim
17-02-06, 13:19
Do you believe in teh LE concept at all?

Yes at the exception you can't put in back after lvl 30, if after a while, you consider you don't want to be PK'ed ....why ?

You cannot have your cake and eat it. The LE will guarantee you safety in ANY levelling zone. Surely that is the best precaution to take.

So why do so many poeple think about a SL system that currently apply in leveling zones ?

Taking the LE out is as sucky as it is, at the base level, consenting to the rules and drawbacks of PVP. Yes, there are better things that bugs can be doing :p

I have to agree for the base level... I'm not mad ... but i'm a bit "peace & love" i have to admit. I still like the game ! Why ? I don't know.

But there are also better precautions than taking the very thing that protects you from bugs out, and expecting to be exempt from his agressions.

Spermy
17-02-06, 13:50
Yes at the exception you can't put in back after lvl 30, if after a while, you consider you don't want to be PK'ed ....why ?

Now that I can totally agree with. The warnings there aren't clear enough. IMO, maybe provide a clear warning, or remove the restriction... but being able to pull in and out, regardless of how long it takes... I can see a few exploits there.

So why do so many poeple think about a SL system that currently apply in leveling zones ?

Because people for some silly reason decide to remove teh LE during levelling :p

I have to agree for the base level... I'm not mad ... but i'm a bit "peace & love" i have to admit. I still like the game ! Why ? I don't know.

Tell me about it :p

I think this is another one of those issues, where we will never fully agree, because of our playstyle, and opinions. AT least we're getting somewhere though.

Clobber
17-02-06, 13:56
Since we get heavily punished for killing even enemies in hunting zones we dont need LE at all :)

Get rid of le !!

Dromidas
19-02-06, 10:42
One solution, like the EQ article I was reading about the new PvP rules.. is to check ranks. If you are close to an attackers rank, and you are in a levelling zone, then you should be able to defend yourself against any attacks. Of course, then all that about killing in self defence comes in...

Eddie
Not a solution since certain classes have combat ranks that are so inflated its not even funny.. ppu, spy, hybrid 80-90, tank/pe 60ish.. would have to have a huge acceptable deviation and if you do that then the people leveling the inflated rank classes would get smacked at 60/40 by capped tanks, etc..