PDA

View Full Version : [Video]OP WAR

CMaster
30-01-06, 01:48
Get Crying Out (http://www.lsmtb.co.uk/cryingout.exe) in self-playing Bink format now. (92mb)

Collected from a variety of op wars around the world, edited together. No arguments about Bink please, we'e been over it all and you are probably right :P. Compliments and criticisms welcomed. Enjoy.

l8m0n
30-01-06, 12:02
nice vid Cmaster ;)

witch hunter
30-01-06, 12:10
Just watched the clip fucking awsome looks good some good fighting going on there look forward to cing some more fo your work keep it up.

Richard Slade
30-01-06, 12:11
Bit of a slow server, still good ;)

CMaster
30-01-06, 12:25
Apologies.

Able to give any reasons why you think its good guys? Any things that could have been done better?

gstyle40
30-01-06, 12:34
cool something to do while the servers down :D

calim
30-01-06, 12:42
Still an executable video !!! :(((

Richard Slade
30-01-06, 12:44
Better?
Hmm, first of all, more perspectives, hard to do but still.
More clipping I guess too and maybe showing some of the flyers (If you want it as a promo video)
And well, all in all it's great.. A few line-up shots with guards on the roof and stuff and making people see the invasion..
You waiting, a bunch of guys running, switching back and forth until the defenders charge..
Build up the tension.

unreal
30-01-06, 13:31
Downloading now... let's hope it doesn't have your favourite songs playing (Spice Girls) eh Cmaster :P

Kame
30-01-06, 13:52
SWEEEEEEEEET !!!!!

IM IN UR VIDEO CMASTER !!!!!

HOLLA @ KAME !!!!

:D

You give me a heal... nice. Lemme watch me again.

Cadgar
30-01-06, 13:57

i dled with 600 kbs so its quite ok.

but i dont like it very much. a whole fight would have been better then just some scenes cut together imho.

Rookie-Doo
30-01-06, 14:24
No fullscreen possible? :confused:

Kame
30-01-06, 14:36
I gotta wonder why, tho, you dont use more common stuff to make ur vids cmoster, altough it works good, and doesnt lag, the pixel are kinda low it seems.

unreal
30-01-06, 14:40
Well if you saw in the video half the time he was at 7/8 FPS with FRAPS going :P Good video though, I really should change my RPOS colours, it might make me aim a bit better, but whenever I change it, i'm like "omg, where's the greens and reds?" been using the default colours pretty much entirely... hard to change lol

Kame
30-01-06, 14:51
It aint about fraps, its about the editing i think. pixel quality comes from optimisation.

unreal
30-01-06, 14:58
It also depends on the quality and stability of the video made to begin with. You can't "optimize" sewage water into a completely clean glass of water. There's only so far you can go. Anyway, sex the video either way.

John Wu
30-01-06, 15:00
won't download this one too, because its an exe .. not flaming, just giving feedback. seems so far that most people dont care, but if more do maybe you'd think about another format.

Obsidian X
30-01-06, 15:15
won't download this one too, because its an exe .. not flaming, just giving feedback. seems so far that most people dont care, but if more do maybe you'd think about another format.

As for it being an EXE - you do realise if anyone did find anything malicious inside it, CMaster would not only lose his posting priviliges, but would likely face a game ban too? Ergo I doubt he'd bother risking it.

As for myself, I'm gonna download it later when I get a few spare minutes.

John Wu
30-01-06, 15:29
yeah, and I've said before that I don't suspect him to hide any malware in it, its just a principle of me.

on another note, some people may just not be able to download executable files since their company firewall doesn't let them through.

Cadgar
30-01-06, 16:06
[ edited ]

unreal
30-01-06, 17:48
As for it being an EXE - you do realise if anyone did find anything malicious inside itYou can easily do malicious things to any kind of file, especially if those files are to be opened in such things as Windows Media Player. There's all sorts of ways to make the average mpg/avi/wmv file cause Windows Media Player to download content, which will usually be in the form of harmful material such as trojans or spyware. Even more so where Internet Explorer is involved. Zip (Winzip compressed archives in this case) files are rather flawed too; you can easily sneak in malicious content that won't be checked for, or mean anything whatsoever to virus, spyware or trojan scanners.

John Wu
30-01-06, 18:04
thats why I dont use windows media player, nor do I use outlook, or internet explorer for that matter.

of course every program can have security issues that make it possible to execute code on your machine, even image viewers or whatever. but I guess you have to admit that the chance of getting trouble with something like that is bigger if you execute an unknown program yourself in the first place.

Finl
30-01-06, 18:38
pretty nice video, saw lots of my apu nick in locallist :)

Spermy
30-01-06, 18:41
You don't move around enough :p

Top choons, top vid.

pain_easer
30-01-06, 19:05
Nice vid there ... :)

bobleponge
30-01-06, 19:31
Still an executable video !!! :(((

No probleme with this calim ;) I used this format for my movie.Tips for Cmaster or other people.

Record Ingame with very high quality, fraps with full / 60 FPS ( for Slow motions and high fps in record mod )
After,encode your movie in high format ( 1027, high debit ~ 5k, 2 pass) in wma or other.
For finish, encode your movie with codec H264, in medium resolution ( 780, 2 pass ).This codec is fantastic ! Very high quality,high compression,but the time for encode movie is very high..

For idea, an movie of quake 3 quality DVDrip ( yes yes dvdrip :) ) 300 mo for 30 min... ;)

Good luck for make your futur movies.

Bugs Gunny
30-01-06, 19:34
Nice vid cmaster, but it made me realise next time i see your ppu to nibheal you first :D

CMaster
30-01-06, 19:37
The video is low-res because it has to be for me to get enough FPS with FRAPs going. The encoding done when dumping it from the video editer to a low-compression avi format causes some colour issues - I tried differnt settings, but it seemed only uncompressed would keep them good and I simly don't have the space for that. If you get Rad tools (http://www.radgametools.com/) you can watch the video in fullscreen etc, but I had trouble with uploading (it froze at 100%, then started from the beginning again each time - so finally I quit when it was on 100% for a minute or so rather than have it start all over again) so it seems the vid is slightly corrupted - it will play fine by itself but trying to be clever with it stops it playing properly.

As said, I don't want this thread to delve into the bink issue - we've discussed it before.

Spermy - meh, I'm always PPU, I only have to move enough to track the people I am keeping alive, and if I move too much I run out of stamina, then can't pop psi boosters, so can't heal people :S.

Bob - thanks, but I don't get better than 15 FPS or so in this kinda outdoor action anyway, and FRAPs knocks another 3-5 off that. Will try and follow your encoding advice though.

Bugs - meh, we've both seen what happens when you nibheal my PPU - I lead you on a merry dance into some interesting situations.

QuakCow
30-01-06, 21:10
good video as always, not sure exactly how it could be better as i know very little on that kinda thing, but im sure it could be :)

btw: was that last clip from the fight at jankins against phoenix? if it is then spy with the judge would be me...heh

Brammers
30-01-06, 23:53
Sweet video - see you got one of our fights in there as well!

Bugs Gunny
31-01-06, 01:17
Cmaster, i recall chasing you around the juggernaut facility, but in the end... i got your belt :-)

Terayon
31-01-06, 02:17
Would have liked to see the fights to the end isntead of a bunch of clips. Music was alright, and the quality was awesome. Just wish i had some op fighting alts now.

Amazing the amount of spies, pe's, and tanks you have though.

Zeninja
31-01-06, 02:34
Hey look at this : http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=131477

Spermy
31-01-06, 13:17
Hey look at this : http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=131477

O_o
o_O o_O

Riddle
31-01-06, 14:17
Nice Vid Cmaster :D hopefully we'll get you some more footage this week ;)

npinchot
01-02-06, 00:34
congrats on the old op war vids. Well i suppose you cant show your op battles now a days like when u went against AD where vid wouldnt of lasted longer than 20seconds :lol:

Mr Kot
01-02-06, 03:54
Just seen the vid for the first time. Love the music, love the sync to the images. It's also the first time i've seen myself in an OP war. Looks like i'm actually doing something useful too. Amazing what you can do in the editing... :p

unreal
01-02-06, 03:57
Surely your Judge is still at 120/120% condition out of lack of use Mr Kot? ;p

onero S
01-02-06, 05:57
Well if you saw in the video half the time he was at 7/8 FPS with FRAPS going :P Good video though, I really should change my RPOS colours, it might make me aim a bit better, but whenever I change it, i'm like "omg, where's the greens and reds?" been using the default colours pretty much entirely... hard to change lol

I like the normal hud color because on some of the other ones its hard to tell what lvl buffs are on you and some even make it hard to read the names of runners.

CMaster
01-02-06, 13:11
I like the normal hud color because on some of the other ones its hard to tell what lvl buffs are on you and some even make it hard to read the names of runners.

Yeah, for some reason with most other colours the buff type/level gets a lot harder to read...

Zheo
01-02-06, 14:42
Great movie, im sure i took part in one of those or two with mi old account but i could be wrong, you wouldnt have seen me since i'd have been a mile away with my SH taking pot shots before some ppu relized that no one was around him when he was being shot.

unreal
13-02-06, 22:55
You aren't Kurai in disguise are you Zheo? 8|

Spermy
13-02-06, 23:49
You aren't Kurai in disguise are you Zheo? 8|

Nah, Kurai's accurate :p

CMaster
11-11-06, 20:23
Real necro-post here, but just to say I've stuck it on YouTube.
Crying Out - the shiity quality version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih62UIbZkhE)

Also, having both uploaded and watched on both google video and youtube, can I just say that I find the google video experience vastly preferable in both cases.