PDA

View Full Version : [OT] UO memories

Dargeshaad
29-01-06, 21:28
Feel free to share your fond/not so fond memories from UO, I just found a link to a website with some old pictures back from 99-01 on the Europa shard http://www.btinternet.com/~b.aldridge1/mainmenu.htm

It sure made me remember why UO will always be the #1 online game I've ever played...pity they had to ruin it with introducing Trammel and Powerscrolls and whatnot (I left after that). Feels a bit like KK is doing the same with introducing WoC items and making raids on cities nearly impossible with the enourmous number of guards and paraspam.

Anyway please share your pictures or links to sites with old UO pictures from when you played this great game.

Btw, if anyone else played on Europa then my main char was Khumash-Gor from PvP/6i6/-7-/DJs, could be fun to find other people that played on Europa :p

yavimaya
29-01-06, 22:54
Ahhh yes, my fondest memory of UO was skipping the official servers and going staright to the player run ZuluHotel shard, Screw OSI!!

cRazy-
29-01-06, 22:55
UO is shite, I spent 2 weeks getting tons of armour and weapons, got killed and lost it all.

what
the
fuck.

yavimaya
29-01-06, 23:26
lol yea, that was the best part though, you die, you lose it all! it really makes it more fun, here you die, its scary, but you dont have the urge to go back to where you died to salvage anything left.

That was one of the best parts of UO, lots of loot from your kills :)
none of this shit they have here, most pathetic loot system i have ever seen is in NC, best is in UO. :)
The above statement can be used for the Soullight (karma) system.

Dargeshaad
29-01-06, 23:34
lol yea, that was the best part though, you die, you lose it all! it really makes it more fun, here you die, its scary, but you dont have the urge to go back to where you died to salvage anything left.

That was one of the best parts of UO, lots of loot from your kills :)
none of this shit they have here, most pathetic loot system i have ever seen is in NC, best is in UO. :)
The above statement can be used for the Soullight (karma) system.
Hehe yea, loved the loot systems....usually because I was never on the recieving end of it ;)
The reason they made trammel was because of people like crazy- :lol:

Also loved the criminal tagging feature, if you attacked someone you would get a tag that enabled anyone to attack you without any penalties - which usually meant you could easily get a fight if you went "grey" on purpose. That's seriously lacking in NC :(

cRazy-
29-01-06, 23:40
lol wtf do you expect, I spend f'king DAYS getting wool and turning it into the ball of wool, selling it and buying weapons and armour.

then some guy comes and kills me, and I lose 2 weeks worth of work, how is that enjoyable.

yavimaya
29-01-06, 23:43
lol wtf do you expect, I spend f'king DAYS getting wool and turning it into the ball of wool, selling it and buying weapons and armour.

then some guy comes and kills me, and I lose 2 weeks worth of work, how is that enjoyable.

LOL crazy, thats why you dont carry all your possesions with you all the time, they had bank accounts and houses man. :P
funny shit, poor crazy. :(

cRazy-
29-01-06, 23:52
:/

I was new though, I only had wool in the bank, it was my only set of armour I was wearing and my only weapon I was using, lost them both, lost everything :/